Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How to kill a demon on a raid  (Read 3122 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: How to kill a demon on a raid
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2019, 10:59:44 pm »

If you don't want to spend few centuries waiting for your War Cave Dragons to mature, hordes of War Jabberers are an excellent substitute as raiding backup. They breed and mature quickly and are far more dangerous than most other trainable animals.

I had this one fort where I tried to conquer a whole goblin-occupied continent and all my raiding Jabberers had full names and probably as many kills as my militia veterans. True terrors on razing missions.

This is brilliant. I will be extensively researching the possibilities of war jabberers in my future fortresses. :D
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Bydth

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent RAW editor, adept farming manager.
    • View Profile
Re: How to kill a demon on a raid
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2019, 05:01:37 pm »

I can sympathize with your predicament. I lost two career soldier dead and two captured on a razing attack on a dark fortress, along with an artifact adamantine spear and artifact adamantine gauntlet. My tactician escaped through, and I’m training him up to ledgendary tactics on every last goblin settlement in the world. When he gets there, I’ll send him at the head of the survivors, the squad of axedwarf recruits and the archer squad I’ve trained to ledgendary on goblin POWs. ( All clad in masterwork gear forged of cheated-in adamantine)

Along with premeditated savescumming, of course.
Take a look at:
 Accursed Farms, For old/weird/old&weird games and half-life machinima.
Broville v11: For being the most detailed Minecraft city ever.
Zero punctuation: For the roasting of one video game a week, with vulgarity, profanity, and hilarity.
Dwarf fortress: For- oh, oh, nevermind.
Pages: 1 [2]