Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A mod to allow for plugging aquifers with constructed walls?  (Read 1063 times)

Melioa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As in title, I am wondering if there is a mod that allows constructed walls to land as a whole 'clump' like how natural stone does, to plug an aquifer.

Wannabehero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A mod to allow for plugging aquifers with constructed walls?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2019, 11:08:38 am »

Sadly no, constructs deconstruct when they fall and it is fairly well hardcoded into the game.  I'm no whiz with DFHack and can't say for certain that a script could change this behavior, but I'm pretty sure this is something that might be out of DFHack's capacity as well.

There are two ways to 'build' walls that will plug an aquifer when they fall.  Obsidian and Ice.  If your Biome freezes, you can fill a reservoir with water above the area you want to plug and wait for it freeze.  Once it does, drop it down. You will then need to work quick to construct retaining walls before the ice melts.  Alternatively, just wait for your channeled aquifer to freeze, then mine it out and build the retaining walls.

Alternatively, you can cast magma above a drop it down much the same, but you will need to pierce the aquifer to get down to the magma in the first place, making this a chicken and egg kind of situation.