Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: Time Before Time: A Gridhood Game (Turn 4)  (Read 10160 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Time Before Time: A Gridhood Game (Turn 4)
« Reply #165 on: July 19, 2019, 05:51:15 pm »

That it does... I may have to take more desperate measures and commit to applying Peer Pressure.

Kinda annoying since I think one still hasn't posted, and you don't just get to stagnate in my game. Food will still get consumed, even if you don't do anything.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 19, 2019, 06:40:31 pm »

Y'all deserve an explanation.

These past few days. my life's become a good deal more difficult. I'm having to do things I've never done before-- some tedious, some outright dangerous, some a little of both-- and it's taking everything in me to keep up. When I'm not in the middle of it all, I'm doing something fairly mindless just to try and recover.

When I started this game up, I underestimated how much of my life it'd take up. I'd spend hours upon hours putting together a turn post, and that was fine so long as I had the energy-- but I don't anymore. I can't keep up the pace.

I could declare some kind of indefinite on-and off hiatus, or update like every two weeks with an apology behind each, but... I don't want to do that to myself, or to you. I'm thinking it's better I simply cut the game short, and maybe start something less rule-heavy another time, something with a workload I can better handle. I do apologize for the let-down. :-\

Thank you for having me. I hope we can try again sometime.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 06:42:25 pm by Superdorf »
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 19, 2019, 06:52:11 pm »

Just as I feared. Of course, your life has to take priority over something as trivial as a forum game...
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 19, 2019, 07:07:17 pm »

It’s alright. Minimalism games aren’t too rule heavy, maybe you could try making one of those, just an idea for a less rule heavy type of game. Just out of curiosity, what are some of the tedious/dangerous things you’re doing? You don’t have to answer if you don’t want to. Good luck on your work.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 19, 2019, 07:12:11 pm »

Okay. I think I've decided its time for me to get back into the Gridhood business. Keep an eye out!
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 19, 2019, 07:31:07 pm »

Well, luck to you. And yeah, even at the reduced amount, it takes time to write a turn. We're not exactly Nakeen, who can write a ton.

To note Naturegirl, this is a reduced amount from the originals. Those were far bigger, with more than just 5 civs and gods.

Save me a spot Supernerd.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 19, 2019, 07:42:55 pm »

Psst. Applications are already open. Clicky.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]