Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Any plans to update the meph tileset in masterwork?  (Read 4343 times)

Wyrdean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Any plans to update the meph tileset in masterwork?
« on: July 05, 2019, 03:22:06 pm »

I know masterwork has a version of the meph tileset, but it looks different and seems to be an older version.
So I was wondering if there are any plans to update the tileset?

knainoa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Any plans to update the meph tileset in masterwork?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2019, 03:00:09 am »

I know masterwork has a version of the meph tileset, but it looks different and seems to be an older version.
So I was wondering if there are any plans to update the tileset?

I asked Meph this a couple days ago. He's planning on bringing masterwork to the DF Steam release so he thinks updating the pack as is would be a waste of time as the Steam release will have full graphics anyway. He's also part of the Steam graphics team so it made sense to me.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2019, 01:55:58 pm »

It would be an large amount of work atm, because the tileset and Masterwork use different sets of raws. It would be easy if Masterwork would only support one tileset, but once people start switching them with the launcher, a lot of things would break. There is also quite a bit of mod-content that has no equivalent sprites yet.

I'm biding my time till the Steam set is out, and start updating the mod then. I'm still around, though mostly working on spriting right now.

I have made some modded workshops for example:

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2019, 10:47:18 am »

So which tileset do you guys recommend to use atm?
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

randomperson0509

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2019, 11:39:37 am »

It would be an large amount of work atm, because the tileset and Masterwork use different sets of raws. It would be easy if Masterwork would only support one tileset, but once people start switching them with the launcher, a lot of things would break. There is also quite a bit of mod-content that has no equivalent sprites yet.

I'm biding my time till the Steam set is out, and start updating the mod then. I'm still around, though mostly working on spriting right now.

I have made some modded workshops for example:

How can I use these workshops you posted? Or similar workshops. I'm using PeridexisErrant's NewbStarter pack, Spacefox 16px graphics, but some of the workshop's ground tiles match those of the ground itself which confuses me. Now, yours is all metallic and also each of your workshops have many details which help make them distinct from each other, making it easier to spot them in a glance. I'm just trying to make sense of the game right now, any help is welcome.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 11:41:34 am by randomperson0509 »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2019, 09:16:46 am »

Those you can't use at all, until Toady released the graphical steam version. It's currently not possible to use overrides like this on workshops.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2019, 11:25:34 am »

Those you can't use at all, until Toady released the graphical steam version. It's currently not possible to use overrides like this on workshops.

Feels like everyone is just waiting for that steam release right now.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2019, 04:10:22 pm »

Except for Mike Mayday and me. ^^