Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: «Modest Mod» [v0.47.05-2] Updated & Accelerated  (Read 61424 times)

LargeSnail

• Bay Watcher
  • Sluggish Modder
    • View Profile
Re: «Modest Mod» [v0.47.04-1] Encrusted with Frames Per Second
« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2020, 03:47:13 pm »

Hi Taffer.

Modest bodies is very strange.

I agree. I don't know if someone actually likes it, but since it was a module in both Igfig and Button's Modest Mod versions, I didn't want to remove it.

(although from the OP it doesn't look like you started from my updated version, but from Button's last updated version).

Lol, I didn't know that you already updated Modest Mod before. Updating this from your version would have been pretty easier.

I'm thinking about leaving this mod as it is and start another one, focused on Accelerated Module, since your DF Revised is (on my opinion) by a lot better than the standard content of Modest Mod. I'll see what i do.

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2020, 04:19:45 pm »

Hi Taffer.

Hello LargeSnail! Also a Stellaris fan, I see. :)

Lol, I didn't know that you already updated Modest Mod before. Updating this from your version would have been pretty easier.

I'm thinking about leaving this mod as it is and start another one, focused on Accelerated Module, since your DF Revised is (on my opinion) by a lot better than the standard content of Modest Mod. I'll see what i do.

Thank you! I don't know if it's worth abandoning ship though, that's entirely up to you. I'm sorry, I didn't want to cause trouble! Just wanted to mention a bug I found in Modest Mod. There are more I could collect, I think there's some in that thread and I know I ran into a few more while keeping Revised up to date. I'm a bit too much of a minimalist for my own good though, I think, and I know there's been lots of little fixes and things I've dropped that I might have been able to keep. For example, I recently dropped most of Button's plant fixes (even though I like them and think they're well done) simply because I've always wanted to try and perfect releases and I never really grokked those changes well enough. You could always compare to current Revised and judge from there whether I went too far or not here or there.

If you do shift focus to Accelerated and have any thoughts on Revised, feel free to speak up in defense of anything I've dropped. Just looking at the initial post I linked, I've since changed my mind on comments and on the MAXAGE changes based on feedback.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 04:22:36 pm by Taffer »

Dwarf_Fever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: «Modest Mod» [v0.47.03-1] Slaves to Accelerated Module
« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2020, 04:20:03 pm »

Yes. I'll release a version for Meph's tileset, but that will take a long time.

Super excited for Accelerated + Meph's tiles!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 04:23:03 pm by Dwarf_Fever »
"Whatever exists, having somehow come into being, is again and again reinterpreted to new ends, taken over, transformed, and redirected by some power superior to it; all events in the organic world are a subduing, a becoming master, and all subduing and becoming master involves a fresh interpretation, an adaptation through which any previous 'meaning' and 'purpose' are necessarily obscured or obliterated."

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2020, 12:07:19 pm »

I'm partway through merging the good parts of Modest Bodies back into Revised and I may as well post some typos I found, emphasis mine:

Code: [Select]
[BP:RF:right **hind** foot:right **rear** feet][CON:RL][STANCE][RIGHT][CATEGORY:FOOT_REAR]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:120]
[BP:LF:left **hind** foot:left **rear** feet][CON:LL][STANCE][LEFT][CATEGORY:FOOT_REAR]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:120]

LargeSnail

• Bay Watcher
  • Sluggish Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2020, 12:07:50 am »

Hello LargeSnail! Also a Stellaris fan, I see. :)

I see you're a man of culture as well.

Thank you! I don't know if it's worth abandoning ship though, that's entirely up to you. I'm sorry, I didn't want to cause trouble!

Don't worry pal, you didn't cause anything. The reason for me to update the Modest Mod in the first place was just the Accelerated Module.

The Modest Mod's add-ons used to be great, but now they're completly beated by your DF Revised. It's the greatest bug-fixing & Quality of Life mod for Dwarf Fortress never made, and is the natural evolution of the standard Modest Mod.

If you do shift focus to Accelerated and have any thoughts on Revised, feel free to speak up in defense of anything I've dropped. Just looking at the initial post I linked, I've since changed my mind on comments and on the MAXAGE changes based on feedback.

At the moment, I like all the content from Revised, so keep working that good!

LargeSnail

• Bay Watcher
  • Sluggish Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2020, 12:13:01 am »

Super excited for Accelerated + Meph's tiles!

Coming soon.

Dwarf_Fever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2020, 08:42:33 pm »

"Whatever exists, having somehow come into being, is again and again reinterpreted to new ends, taken over, transformed, and redirected by some power superior to it; all events in the organic world are a subduing, a becoming master, and all subduing and becoming master involves a fresh interpretation, an adaptation through which any previous 'meaning' and 'purpose' are necessarily obscured or obliterated."

Ghost Pickle

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2020, 02:01:44 pm »

I was able to embark with Trolls for some reason. They also have a value of 1 so there was nothing stopping me from starting with a troll army
https://i.imgur.com/vnDB3Kg.png

LargeSnail

• Bay Watcher
  • Sluggish Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2020, 08:20:14 pm »

I was able to embark with Trolls for some reason. They also have a value of 1 so there was nothing stopping me from starting with a troll army
https://i.imgur.com/vnDB3Kg.png

That's weird as hell. Did you apply some other mod alongside Modest?

MgDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 22, 2020, 01:12:48 pm »

there is going to be an update for this for other tilesets? Damn the accelerated mod is such a QoL mod

Tachytaenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2020, 07:44:21 am »

The latest version of the mod-- the one downloaded (also that rar doesnt play nice with (my version of?) 7zip for some reason)-- seems to still have the same can't-brew-plump-helmets issues as supposedly were in old versions.

EDIT: Fixed! [REAGENT:plant:1:PLANT:NONE:PLANT_MAT:MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP:MUSHROOM] -- >[REAGENT:plant:1:PLANT:NONE:PLANT_MAT:MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP:STRUCTURAL]

It should be STRUCTURAL on the end, not MUSHROOM.
caused me a lot of grief (for some reason), whew
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 05:01:08 pm by Tachytaenius »

nekoexmachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2020, 03:45:35 am »

It seems to me that installing Modest Mod with modules makes my Goblins disappear. I've generated 10 worlds and there wasn't a single goblin in either of them.
Whenever i read the "doesn't care about anything anymore" line, i instantly imagine a dwarf, sitting alone on a swing set. Just slowly rocking back and forth, somberly staring at the ground, and stopping every once in a while to sigh.
It's mildly depressing.

Dwarf_Fever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2020, 02:49:02 pm »

It seems to me that installing Modest Mod with modules makes my Goblins disappear. I've generated 10 worlds and there wasn't a single goblin in either of them.

Did you do a custom generation or change anything in the raws? EG: worlds without clowns won't have goblins outside of the HFS, etc.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2021, 05:07:29 am »

I seem to be having a problem with horn and pearls being dumped no matter what.  My craftdwarves will make crafts and utilize pearls and horns, but I have to race to reclaim them and hope they gather them to use before the items get dumped again, and they are never stored in a stockpile.

I've tried changing both Refuse and Workshop orders through the Set Orders screen, but no matter how I finagle the settings (or even set it to ignore refuse altogether), my dwarves will dump all pearls and horns.  I have refuse stockpiles set to accept horns (there doesn't seem to be an option for pearls anywhere), but they insist on dumping them.  I tried setting a garbage dump zone on a refuse stockpile, but if I reclaim the items the dwarves simply come, pick them up, and dump them again.

Modest Mod without any of the modules is the only mod I'm running at the moment, and in vanilla I had no issues with shells and horns being dumped repeatedly.

EDIT: I also noticed pearls have a value of 0 currently, making them worthless.  Is that as intended?

SECOND EDIT: I noticed after some more work that setting dwarves to Save Corpses solves the issue, they are stored in refuse stockpiles appropriately afterwards
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 12:47:32 pm by Urist_McArathos »
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2021, 09:26:55 am »

I am experiencing a similar problem.

Did you do a custom generation or change anything in the raws? EG: worlds without clowns won't have goblins outside of the HFS, etc.

To pre-empt this question, no other generations in the raws.  I did do advanced world generation, but the only thing I changed was embark points, end year, and number of volcanoes.  Nothing that should have impacted the number of clowns.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7