Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: «Modest Mod» [v0.47.05-2] Updated & Accelerated  (Read 61432 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: «Modest Mod» [v0.44.12-2] (Now With Graphics!)
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2019, 12:42:08 am »

Yeah seems to be a bug, I downloaded the mod and checked the raws.

"reaction_modest_brew.txt"

there is 1 reaction that I raise an eyebrow to, and then also the reaction that Prismaa is refering to.

BREW_SPECIFIC_FRUIT_PLUMP_HELMET (eyebrow raiser here,does anything grow plump helmets as a fruit?)

MASS_BREW_SPECIFIC_PLUMP_HELMET <- this is the one Prismaa is having an issue with

Code: [Select]
[REAGENT:plant:6:[color=red]PLANT_GROWTH[/color]:NONE:PLANT_MAT:MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP:MUSHROOM]Should just be PLANT not PLANT_GROWTH

LargeSnail

• Bay Watcher
  • Sluggish Modder
    • View Profile
Re: «Modest Mod» [v0.44.12-2] (Now With Graphics!)
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2019, 03:13:23 pm »

Thanks Prismaa and Hugo_The_Dwarf. The fact is that, in previous versions of this mod, the plump helmets used to be growths, but in the last update created by Button they turned into regular plants again and she didn't change the reactions for brewing them properly.
If you want to, you can edit the reaction by yourself without needing to generate another world, Prismaa.

I already fixed that, and also updated a little bit the mod. Today I will upload a new version, and after I finish my other project I will focus on this again.

LargeSnail

• Bay Watcher
  • Sluggish Modder
    • View Profile
Re: «Modest Mod» [v0.44.12-3] (More Accelerated)
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2019, 05:18:30 pm »

Well, after a short testing of the lastest version of this mod I discovered that adding ARMORLEVEL:1 to regular clothes doesn't only prevent those items from wearing, but also makes them unable to being used by dwarves. I'll release a new version, and this time with a new module that adds some dfhack-related tweaks to boost the regular Accelerated Module.
If you're playing with the lastest version of the Modest Mod, the workaround to erase the embarrassment of your dwarves is using DFhack and running the following command:
Code: [Select]
fixnaked
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 08:39:55 pm by LargeSnail »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: «Modest Mod» [v0.44.12-4] (More Accelerated)
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2019, 10:41:14 pm »

They can still "use" it but it has to be for military use. However with the new changes to wear and tear for weapons and armor, you're better off leaving clothing as is, and just making new sets for civvies that need it.

Jiri Petru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2020, 04:19:31 am »

Just posting to say that I love Modest Mod and I'm hoping for an update  ;)
Yours,
Markus Cz. Clasplashes

LargeSnail

• Bay Watcher
  • Sluggish Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2020, 09:51:21 pm »

I'm working on another mod, but I'll update this one as soon as possible. Be patient UwU

Edit: I'm thinking in new modules. Maybe an "All Races Playable" or a hardcore one. Which one would you like to see?

In the last poll, the Meph's Tileset won, so when it gets updated I'll start working on a compatible version for it.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 09:59:27 pm by LargeSnail »

Dwarf_Fever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2020, 08:08:29 am »

I'm working on another mod, but I'll update this one as soon as possible. Be patient UwU

Edit: I'm thinking in new modules. Maybe an "All Races Playable" or a hardcore one. Which one would you like to see?

In the last poll, the Meph's Tileset won, so when it gets updated I'll start working on a compatible version for it.

I use Modest Mod for the Accelerated feature. I'd love to see more along those lines. Meph's tileset is amazing, too, so that will be very welcome to see.

Between all races and hardcore, I'd probably prefer more options versus things that change underlying rules, personally.
"Whatever exists, having somehow come into being, is again and again reinterpreted to new ends, taken over, transformed, and redirected by some power superior to it; all events in the organic world are a subduing, a becoming master, and all subduing and becoming master involves a fresh interpretation, an adaptation through which any previous 'meaning' and 'purpose' are necessarily obscured or obliterated."

LargeSnail

• Bay Watcher
  • Sluggish Modder
    • View Profile
Re: «Modest Mod» [v0.47.02-1] Slaves to Accelerated Module
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2020, 08:31:46 pm »

Updated. No new modules, but I boosted acceleration with standarized instruments.
Enjoy!

Dwarf_Fever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2020, 05:30:58 am »

Updated. No new modules, but I boosted acceleration with standarized instruments.
Enjoy!

Amazing! Thank you!
"Whatever exists, having somehow come into being, is again and again reinterpreted to new ends, taken over, transformed, and redirected by some power superior to it; all events in the organic world are a subduing, a becoming master, and all subduing and becoming master involves a fresh interpretation, an adaptation through which any previous 'meaning' and 'purpose' are necessarily obscured or obliterated."

Abadrausar

• Bay Watcher
  • empowering ideas
    • View Profile
    • ♫♪♀HDFPS♂♪♫
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2020, 04:16:35 pm »

Enjoy!
Like standard musical instruments? I have searched for those some time to no avail. Only found some incomplete compilations.
Where are they in the download? I do not find them nor in raw/objects nor in accelerated.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 04:18:28 pm by Abadrausar »
::: Humble Dwarf Fortress Publishing System ♫♪♀HDFPS♂♪♫ Mods Push Published in DFFD are auto updated in local Players Catalog :::

LargeSnail

• Bay Watcher
  • Sluggish Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2020, 08:05:07 pm »

Enjoy!
Like standard musical instruments? I have searched for those some time to no avail. Only found some incomplete compilations.
Where are they in the download? I do not find them nor in raw/objects nor in accelerated.

I added one instrument for each skill, priorizing the most simple ones from human history. Those are the Lyre (stringed instrument), the Melodica (keyboard), the Ocarina (wind instrument) and the Slit Drum (percussion instrument).
You can find them in the rar of the Accelerated Module, in "items_accelerated".
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 03:07:26 am by LargeSnail »

Taras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2020, 03:46:21 pm »

* Babies born in combat will be noted in the combat log.
      * Citizen deaths cause the game to pause and recenter.
How you made this?

LargeSnail

• Bay Watcher
  • Sluggish Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2020, 07:39:41 pm »

How you made this?

It was done modifying the announcements file in data/init

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2020, 12:04:30 am »

I'm getting untannable skins from butchering. They seem to go into my food stockpiles and are listed under "fat".

Two creatures I've seen produce this are cats and giant bobcats.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 12:08:23 am by kaijyuu »
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Taras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2020, 01:30:42 am »

How you made this?

It was done modifying the announcements file in data/init
Thanks!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7