Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: «Modest Mod» [v0.47.05-2] Updated & Accelerated  (Read 61426 times)

LargeSnail

• Bay Watcher
  • Sluggish Modder
    • View Profile
Re: «Modest Mod» [v0.47.02-1] Slaves to Accelerated Module
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2020, 06:37:15 am »

Quick update! Since I'm focusing in Accelerated Module, this one has some new features. This update has new advance worldgen parameters, a bugfix and new reactions for the standarized instruments.

I'm getting untannable skins from butchering. They seem to go into my food stockpiles and are listed under "fat".

Two creatures I've seen produce this are cats and giant bobcats.

That's weird.
While skin certainly has been turned into globs, those should be perfectly tannable. I just tested it, and everything works as intended.

You need 6 skin globs to produce leather.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
Re: «Modest Mod» [v0.47.03-1] Slaves to Accelerated Module
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2020, 07:35:13 am »

Oh, Modest Mod updated ! Thanks for the work that you guys are doing. This is one of my go-to mods and it really does make the DF experience better, without changing much from vanilla.

Just to make sure, there is no way to apply Modest Mod to an existing world, yes ?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2020, 10:23:59 am »

Thanks for the quick update.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2020, 05:08:41 pm »

You need 6 skin globs to produce leather.
Ah, that probably explains it. I think they were in stacks < 6.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Dwarf_Fever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2020, 06:53:00 pm »

I added one instrument for each skill, priorizing the most simple ones from human history. Those are the Lyre (stringed instrument), the Melodica (keyboard), the Ocarina (wind instrument) and the Split Drum (percussion instrument).

Really happy to see more updates for Accelerated - and ocarinas! (Hoping Meph's tileset comes out for the new version soon, too.) Minor question though, since you mention the most basic instruments - is it possible you meant slit drums, as in log drums?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 06:16:43 am by Dwarf_Fever »
"Whatever exists, having somehow come into being, is again and again reinterpreted to new ends, taken over, transformed, and redirected by some power superior to it; all events in the organic world are a subduing, a becoming master, and all subduing and becoming master involves a fresh interpretation, an adaptation through which any previous 'meaning' and 'purpose' are necessarily obscured or obliterated."

Prismaa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2020, 02:12:29 am »

Is it possible to add this in game with phoebus tileset or? I have no idea how to add them together

LargeSnail

• Bay Watcher
  • Sluggish Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2020, 03:03:42 am »

Oh, Modest Mod updated ! Thanks for the work that you guys are doing. This is one of my go-to mods and it really does make the DF experience better, without changing much from vanilla.

Thanks you for your support! :D

Just to make sure, there is no way to apply Modest Mod to an existing world, yes ?

Nope. Since Modest Mod changes a lot of raw files, you'll need to generate another world in order to enjoy this without problems.

Really happy to see more updates for Accelerated - and ocarinas! (Hoping Meph's tileset comes out for the new version soon, too.) Minor question though, since you mention the most basic instruments - is it possible you meant slit drums, as in log drums?

Aren't "Slit Drum" and "Log Drum" two names for the same instrument?

Is it possible to add this in game with phoebus tileset or? I have no idea how to add them together

You'll need to merge the files manually, since Phoebus changes some creature tiles.
I'll release a version for that tileset, and for others, when DFhack and TWBT gets updated, but that will take a time.

Prismaa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2020, 03:19:17 am »

Apparently someone made working "alpha" dfhack and twbt for the .47.02 version. Called duckpack in DFFD

Dwarf_Fever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2020, 09:31:21 am »

Aren't "Slit Drum" and "Log Drum" two names for the same instrument?

Sounds right, that being said, the mod has them as split drum. I'm not a musician, but I think that's a typo?
"Whatever exists, having somehow come into being, is again and again reinterpreted to new ends, taken over, transformed, and redirected by some power superior to it; all events in the organic world are a subduing, a becoming master, and all subduing and becoming master involves a fresh interpretation, an adaptation through which any previous 'meaning' and 'purpose' are necessarily obscured or obliterated."

LargeSnail

• Bay Watcher
  • Sluggish Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2020, 12:53:08 pm »

Sounds right, that being said, the mod has them as split drum. I'm not a musician, but I think that's a typo?

I can't find the typo ???

Code: [Select]
[ITEM_INSTRUMENT:ITEM_INSTRUMENT_SLIT_DRUM]
[NAME:slit drum:slit drums]
[VALUE:50]
[SIZE:10000]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:1]
[WOOD_MAT]
[SOUND_PRODUCTION:STRUCK_BY_BP:SELF]
[VOLUME_mB:0:10000]
[PITCH_RANGE:-120:-120]
[TIMBRE:REEDY:RUGGED:MUDDY]
[MUSIC_SKILL:PLAY_PERCUSSION_INSTRUMENT]
[DESCRIPTION:The slit drum is a mid-size hand-held percussion instrument.  It consists of a wooden box with one slit in the top.  The musician strikes the box.  The instrument has a single middle pitch.  The instrument has a reedy rugged muddy timbre.]

[REACTION:INSTRUMENT_SLITDRUM_WOOD]
[NAME:Craft wooden slit drum]
[CATEGORY:INSTRUMENT_MAKING_CRAFTSDWARF]
[BUILDING:CRAFTSMAN:NONE]
[REAGENT:log:1:WOOD:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[ANY_PLANT_MATERIAL]
[PRODUCT:100:1:INSTRUMENT:ITEM_INSTRUMENT_SLIT_DRUM:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:log:NONE]
[SKILL:WOODCRAFT]
[DESCRIPTION:Make a percussion instrument from wooden logs.]

Dwarf_Fever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2020, 04:33:00 pm »

I can't find the typo ???

Strange, thought I saw it in mod, too. Maybe it was just in the post. Mind playing tricks on me!

Nopenope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2020, 07:11:40 am »

I was wondering, is there any proven FPS benefit to streamlining materials and objects in Accelerated? I know about Meph's post reporting a 25% increase but that was years ago, and only based on a few anedoctal reports... Maybe current users of the mod could weigh in?

Dwarf_Fever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2020, 04:07:15 pm »

I was wondering, is there any proven FPS benefit to streamlining materials and objects in Accelerated? I know about Meph's post reporting a 25% increase but that was years ago, and only based on a few anedoctal reports... Maybe current users of the mod could weigh in?

I'm sure Meph is 100x more qualified than me to know anything about DF, but I am also sure I have an easier time keeping FPS up using Accelerated. It's hard to quantify, of course.

That having been said, Accelerated also does more than just streamline types (assuming all changes were taken over), and I actually prefer having less redundant stuff to scroll through in lists.

socate

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2020, 09:28:42 am »

Have you thought about moving this to an official git repo?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2020, 10:06:12 am »

My 25% claim is indeed from a very old version, 34.11. It comes from a lot more than standardization: The original accelerated DF outright removes the more rare materials/rocks, it takes away clothing from invaders and gives them custom armor pieces with larger coverage (less items after a siege), changes the cavern layout, default map embark size, worldgen settings, values in the init/d_init, for example for traffic zones, turns off temperature and weather, uses a few dfhack scripts here and there... it's not comparable to the accelerated module in this mod. I don't think that standardizing makes the FPS any higher in a noticable amount, but you certainly save time by scrolling through way shorter lists in the UI. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7