Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: «Modest Mod» [v0.47.05-2] Updated & Accelerated  (Read 61434 times)

ibanix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: «Modest Mod» [v0.47.04-1] Encrusted with Frames Per Second
« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2021, 06:07:15 am »

Why are init, d_init and world_gen files included in the modules (over-writing any custom ones)? Are there changes there that are specific to the modules?

SolPyre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: «Modest Mod» [v0.47.03-1] Slaves to Accelerated Module
« Reply #76 on: March 03, 2021, 12:15:28 pm »

Why does the modest mod add the Local Banditry tag to elf civs?
It makes adventure mode as an elf almost unplayable! I can't go anywhere in my own civ without being ambushed by patrols, I have to dodge * on the travel map constantly and make sure to sleep outside my civ's borders unless I want to be woken up by another "lethal" fight.
What gives?

At first when elves kept ambushing me I thought that a war had started between my civ and the neighboring elf civ but that wasn't it, it was the Local Banditry tag, which makes and entity send out ambush patrols that are hostile even to their own citizens.

I actually dunno. It was added by Igfig in the first Modest Mod, and removed by Button, so I added it back to be more loyal to the original mod.

If it's such a big deal, I'll remove that feature on the next version of the mod.

Thank You! I appreciate it.
Quote from: Neil Gaiman
George R.R. Martin is not your b****.

LargeSnail

• Bay Watcher
  • Sluggish Modder
    • View Profile
Re: «Modest Mod» [v0.47.05-1] Updated & Accelerated
« Reply #77 on: March 12, 2021, 02:53:06 pm »

Sorry for the hiatus, pals. I took a break of several months from playing Dwarf Fortress, but now I'm back :D

I fixed all the reported issues, and now the mod should work perfectly fine in all its aspects.

Why are init, d_init and world_gen files included in the modules (over-writing any custom ones)? Are there changes there that are specific to the modules?

Those files contain Accelerated Module tweaks to improve performance. The new world_gen contains optimized maps with better caves to improve framerate.

I also noticed pearls have a value of 0 currently, making them worthless.  Is that as intended?

Pearls should have a value of 1, as in vanilla DF.

there is going to be an update for this for other tilesets? Damn the accelerated mod is such a QoL mod

I attempted to adapt the mod to Meph's Tileset, but strangely it throws a lot of errors in the errorlog without apparent reason. I need to find the way to fix it.

decifer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: «Modest Mod» [v0.47.05-2] Updated & Accelerated
« Reply #78 on: March 21, 2021, 02:35:24 am »

Is it possible to just install the Accelerated module without anything else, including the base mod?

LargeSnail

• Bay Watcher
  • Sluggish Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 23, 2021, 01:58:39 am »

Is it possible to just install the Accelerated module without anything else, including the base mod?

Here you go, pal.

decifer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 23, 2021, 03:28:44 am »

Here you go, pal.

Wow, thank you very much!

Dwarf_Fever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 24, 2021, 03:48:14 pm »

Thanks LargeSnail!

Thought I could manage adding a graphics pack manually while waiting for Meph's, but is Vettlingr not compatible? Doesn't seem to want to work for me
"Whatever exists, having somehow come into being, is again and again reinterpreted to new ends, taken over, transformed, and redirected by some power superior to it; all events in the organic world are a subduing, a becoming master, and all subduing and becoming master involves a fresh interpretation, an adaptation through which any previous 'meaning' and 'purpose' are necessarily obscured or obliterated."

Dwarf_Fever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: «Modest Mod» [v0.47.05-1] Updated & Accelerated
« Reply #82 on: March 26, 2021, 06:19:09 pm »

I attempted to adapt the mod to Meph's Tileset, but strangely it throws a lot of errors in the errorlog without apparent reason. I need to find the way to fix it.

Huh. I wanted to do a new version of this [Accelerated] for a while, but never did since it's included in the modest mod anyway. Well done. :)

Oof... any chance of a collaboration involving Meph tileset with Modest Mod or at least Accelerated?
"Whatever exists, having somehow come into being, is again and again reinterpreted to new ends, taken over, transformed, and redirected by some power superior to it; all events in the organic world are a subduing, a becoming master, and all subduing and becoming master involves a fresh interpretation, an adaptation through which any previous 'meaning' and 'purpose' are necessarily obscured or obliterated."

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #83 on: March 26, 2021, 07:09:31 pm »

without apparent reason.

Probably because the raws include Taffers Revised mod, they are not vanilla DF.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

jcannon98188

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 13, 2021, 01:32:37 am »

Installing Accelerated Module appears to make humans unable to make any clothing what so ever. Limited to only making bags, and ropes.

It appears to be caused by the civil clothes that replace [ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_SHIRT:COMMON] WITH [ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_SHIRT_FOREIGN:COMMON] for Humans, Elfs, and Goblins. Changing this to be like the dwarves has apparently fixes the issue.

The FOREIGN objects are all listed as [LAYER:ARMOR] which the comments say is to stop invaders from wearing them.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2021, 01:54:55 am by jcannon98188 »

k13k

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 12, 2022, 08:23:25 am »

Bug report:
The animals produce only unknown frozen creature substances when butchered.

Steps to reproduce:
Started a fortress, and retired it. And created an adventure character in the fort, and retired it again. Unretired the fort.

fitmoos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 23, 2022, 05:11:08 pm »

Hi, i want to collaborate with excellent mod with this:

if in the world generation file delete  the World rejection parameters:
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:World_rejection

the generation process (specially in large worlds) will be too more fast.
because creating large worlds, imply too many rejections
And the worlds look more organic.

Thanks.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 11, 2022, 07:12:41 pm »

Hi, I’m I’d like to try out Modest Mod (probably just the Tooltips module) but I seem to be having a problem.  None of the tools on my Linux system seem to support the RAR format used by the mod (the best I’ve been able to achieve when extracting into a temporary directory is a bunch of empty zero+length files).  Is there any way that you could put up a version in a more Linux friendly format such as tar.bz2 (or some such)?
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 11, 2022, 07:34:25 pm »

Hi, I’m I’d like to try out Modest Mod (probably just the Tooltips module) but I seem to be having a problem.  None of the tools on my Linux system seem to support the RAR format used by the mod (the best I’ve been able to achieve when extracting into a temporary directory is a bunch of empty zero+length files).  Is there any way that you could put up a version in a more Linux friendly format such as tar.bz2 (or some such)?
What linux are you using that doesn't hav unrar available? Baring that there's always 7zip.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 11, 2022, 07:55:46 pm »

What linux are you using that doesn't hav unrar available? Baring that there's always 7zip.
The programs I’ve tried are xarchiver and unrar-free.  Xarchiver produced a bunch of empty files, and unrar-free produces an error message saying that the RAR format used by the file is unsupported (it specifically says that it supports only plain RAR 2.0 format files.

Let me try 7zip…

Edit:  I had to install a RAR module for it, but I got it working with 7z.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2022, 08:02:19 pm by A_Curious_Cat »
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7