Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Df Hack crashes the game on startup  (Read 3945 times)

Kagerus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Df Hack crashes the game on startup
« on: April 04, 2022, 05:57:20 am »

So i have a following problem. DF hack closes the game after startup i have no idea why.
Below is my stderr log. Can anyone help ? I've tried to turn of Antivirus, changed TWBT
print mode. Even tried to delete the plugin at which it stopped. Everything with no success.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

myk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Df Hack crashes the game on startup
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2022, 09:56:41 am »

TWBT is often the culprit here, so it's worth trying changing the print mode to 2D and removing the `twbt.dll` file.

Kagerus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2022, 12:00:15 pm »

TWBT is often the culprit here, so it's worth trying changing the print mode to 2D and removing the `twbt.dll` file.

Just tried that, unfortunately issue is still present

myk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2022, 08:30:01 am »

The error log stops at the reveal plugin, so one thing we could try is to remove all plugin files from reveal on (in alphabetical order). that will at least tell us whether it is a plugin problem at all or whether the real problem is happening sometime later but the error log is getting truncated or something.

myk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2022, 12:21:07 pm »

Quietust just reminded me that the ruby plugin has been problematic recently due to a dependency that isn't always installed on user machines. Try removing the ruby plugin (or installing libxcrypt-compat as per https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/issues/2023 )

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2022, 02:29:34 pm »

Quietust just reminded me that the ruby plugin has been problematic recently due to a dependency that isn't always installed on user machines. Try removing the ruby plugin (or installing libxcrypt-compat as per https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/issues/2023 )
That particular issue was Linux-specific, while this user is running on Windows. Still, it's possible the Ruby plugin might be at fault, just because it comes immediately after "reveal" when sorting the default plugins alphabetically.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Kagerus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2022, 12:14:39 pm »

Sorry for late answer, but indeed removing the ruby plugin fixed the problem.
Thank you for your help  :D