Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: relations-indicator [DFHack lua script] 1.17  (Read 29566 times)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: relations-indicator [DFHack lua script] 1.15
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2020, 12:59:27 am »

The problem with the structure identification work is that it's somewhat random in nature with lots and lots of small bits added/changed all over the place accumulating over time, and if you try to split it, you're going to redo some of it (causing merge conflicts with the earlier PR). Also, some of it builds on things done earlier (e.g. the definition of an enum that gets used for a newly identified field).
I totally agree that splitting things up is better when it makes logical sense to do so (and I try to do that, which ought to have been visible on the more modular DFHack side [apart from when things got tied to the still pending "47" changes]).

As soon as the indication that a new release was on the way was posted I rushed to add the latest Embark Assistant bug fixes (thanks for that heads up: it's very useful), and would have done so for "47" as well if there had been anything outstanding.

I understand reviewing the "47" stuff is boring, getting worse the more changes accumulate in it to the point that there isn't really time for it given that real life takes priority, and other DF stuff may be more urgent.

(sorry for the derail)

snowyscales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2020, 01:26:37 am »

relations indicator has been doing something weird? i have no idea what's going on. using the latest lazy newb pack.

it was working perfectly at first, but somewhere around the 3rd or 4th migrant wave it stopped and dfhack started spitting out this every time i hit U:

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2020, 02:03:12 pm »

relations indicator has been doing something weird? i have no idea what's going on. using the latest lazy newb pack.
The exact DFHack version would be helpful - you can get this by running "help".
Did you upgrade your pack (or DFHack) recently?

Looking through the script, it looks like units and histfigs are used interchangeably, and histfigs have a new "personality" field as of DFHack 0.47.04-r2, which is likely not handled correctly by the script. (As a side note: "flag" typically means a boolean value, and "property", "field", or "member" would be more clear terms to use when referring to a property of an object that isn't necessarily a boolean.)
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

snowyscales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2020, 02:12:51 pm »

oops i never even considered the dfhack version.

it's 0.47.04-r2

and no, it's a fresh install onto a brand new laptop, i just unzipped LNP into my desired folder, popped the scripts into the right folders, edited some files for stuff like beardy lady dwarves and war unicorns, and changed the graphics. haven't touched it since.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 02:17:16 pm by snowyscales »

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: relations-indicator [DFHack lua script] 1.16
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2020, 02:05:36 am »

Yeah, I noticed that eventually when doing experiments - the values field got moved 1 step deeper. What's more, that field is named differently in r1 and r2. Anyhow, fixed that plus 47 dfhack incompatibility, reestabilished grudge checking and added wider age range checking, while moving it to wiki: https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/User:Fleeting_Frames/relationsindicator

Mind, haven't really seen any grudges to test with yet, so it's more of a "I hope that works" basis.

Sorry for the long wait ^^;

snowyscales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: relations-indicator [DFHack lua script] 1.17
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2021, 02:20:14 pm »

sorry i never replied, kind of had a depression spiral (who hasn't at this stage right? haha) and completely forgot DF even existed. just got the latest LNP and been playing the entire day.

can confirm relationship indicator works perfectly so far as i've seen in 47.05, though i did have to go trawling through the thread because i forgot what the wheelbarrow symbol indicated lol.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2021, 09:17:27 pm »

Well, good to hear! May your picks strike deep, and your romances kindle like magma!

redivider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2022, 10:45:44 am »

Im sorry for necroing in but I would like some help installing this, you say I should put a file named gui/... but you cannot put a / inside a filename so I get https://puu.sh/IYjkR/bce2eaddff.png What should that file be called?

Eh nevermind, 2 seconds after I used the power of myBrainTM and my first guess resulted in hitting the jackpot; gui/ is not part of the filename but the directory! The reason it was weird for me is because it wasnt in the filename of the first lua file; anyways everything works great very nice.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2022, 10:49:14 am by redivider »

redivider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2022, 09:43:23 am »

So holy moly this script is insane, its A THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED LINES and im going through this with my jaw dropped and anyways; my idea is to eventually make another version of this where I implement a Ford-Fukerson algorithm to find the biggest amount of breedable dwarf pairs since you already have so much infrastructure for figuring out which dwarves are compatible. That thing where you click a dwarves gender and it opens a new window with all the potential mates - thats the holy grail right there bois!
Oh and also that part is a bit buggy if you zoom too much or use a bigger screen I suppose, the mouse click wont work on lower dwarves, like about lower 40% of the list. Anyways I was wondering if its okay to post that version somewhere crediting you ofc (incase I get it working at all) and well its not like many people care about this anyways, I presume most people just use migrants and kill children.

found this might canibalize this too and translate it to lua https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/maximum-bipartite-matching/
cool weekend excercise
Pages: 1 2 [3]