Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Masks: a New Generation; Twilight Force IC Thread.  (Read 7456 times)

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
Masks: a New Generation; Twilight Force IC Thread.
« on: July 08, 2019, 09:06:58 am »

reserved.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 09:19:16 am by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
Re: Masks: a New Generation; Twilight Force IC Thread.
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 09:18:32 am »

Spoiler: Issue #1 cover (click to show/hide)

Once, the neighborhood known as Jackston was totally normal. Normal for the capital of capes (Cape-ital) Halcyon City, but normal.
Ever since the Cauldron Incident six months ago, when an uncontrolled surge of dark magic warped the area, the area now known as the Haunts has been full of darkness, metaphorically and literally.
 Here we see a building that has huge amounts of repairs on it. This is Arsenic's Bar and Grill. While the ex-supervillain still makes enough money to stay afloat, especially since his power to make any poison includes booze, the cost of repairs, and the much smaller number of customers means its a tossup whether he'll be able to maintain it another month.
 Here we see a shuttered building, once called Switcheroo's Bodyswap Gym, where people could pay the Rogue named Switcheroo money for a trained professional body builder to train their body for them. After the creation of the Haunts, Switcheroo moved his establishment to a part of town that had slightly less everyday danger.
 In front of the gym, a giant tree bursts through the sidewalk, tossing dust and concrete all around. A madly grinning man sits atop the mighty 40-foot-tall pine, looking on as citizens flee in especially well-practiced terror, although for some their only shown emotion is sheer exasperation.
He yells unto the night "Happy! Hehe-Happy! All be happy! The trees shall be happy! All shall be!", as smaller trees grow from the sidewalk.
 Thankfully, you are all relatively nearby. How do you hear of the incident, and what do you do?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 12:58:30 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2019, 02:49:10 pm »

Sam Walters is chilling in the park when something startles the birds around him. Looking up, he sees a tree poking above the relatively low Jackston skyline. That didn't used to be there. Sam tucks the book he was reading into his coat and enters an alleyway. While an ordinary, if scruffy, teen enters, from the other side exits a masked young man in ragged robes, striding confidently towards the new landmark.

Not sure it fits the character to be the first one visibly on the scene, I'll let someone else take that if they want it.[/quote]

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2019, 03:55:26 pm »

Sancho was riding around on his horse doing his weekly patrol when he saw the tree appear in the horizon. Immediately, his horse went into a gallop towards the incident.

Upon seeing the villain, he asks in his best dad voice:

"Halt! Who goes there? What is your business? Did the city council approve of your landscaping project?"

Attempt to Pierce the Mask and ask the following question:

What do you intend to do?

On 10+, also ask:

How could I get your character to leave peacefully
and
What are you really planning?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2019, 01:04:10 pm »

He states, "I-I am Happy Trees, I wish to spread joy to all. Here, have some!"
As he says this, you suddenly feel absolutely giddy, even more happy than if you discovered that the world's criminals suddenly and permanently ceased crime, Gigacancer had a cure, and you'd won a lifetime's supply of chocolate.
Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 03:42:39 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2019, 01:47:09 pm »

Sepiatone eases part way out of an alley, still partially occluded by the corner of a building, which he leans against casually. His eyes fade to a dull mustard as he prepares to call on the fetid waste in his dreams, but first they sweep the scene. Lots of trees. That's nice, actually, probably an improvement to Jackston. Better than the haunting, anyway. There's a guy with big hair, and there's Sir Samuel. Better to figure out what's going on before diving in.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 01:56:09 pm by Cruxador »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2019, 01:48:50 pm »

Vestige knew that there was always trouble in the Haunts. It was just a matter of waiting. She'd set up on a rooftoö in her suit and count down from a hundred. If nothing happened in that time, well, she could go home. But most of the time...

She closed her eyes behind the helm of her suirt, but didn't get far. Like clockwork, there were screams. Vestige followed the sounds through the Haunts until she came to their source. As living nightmares went, a happy little man growing giant trees was... not the most common. Perhaps this was something else. She would have preferred something dark and grimy. Just looking at this gave her a headache. She took the scene in for a while and snuck forwards, trying to stay out of the maniac's sight. She didn't want to use her powers until she had a better idea of what was going on.

She spotted Sancho, approaching the man. Approaching the threat head on - how very predictable. Subtlety wasn't his strong suit.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 03:31:38 pm by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2019, 03:22:26 pm »

Feeling more relaxed, Sancho decided to speak in his normal voice.

”Guys, you’re here! I’m so happy to see you! My friend... uh... my friend... Doesn’t matter who he is, is trying to spread joy with the power of trees! Doesn’t that sound wonderful!”

Sancho then started to make dirt angels in on the pavement. It wasn’t working.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2019, 06:48:10 pm »

Vestige, you are trying so hard to be stealthy in a heavy full-body suit, but you make a noise. The man does not hear you as he is forty feet away, but Sir Samuel does, and announces aloud your presence.
And... Samuel appears to be high. Can this guy make marijuana as well as trees?
The man atop the tree turns to look at you, and his grin gets even wider. "Oh, hello! Its nice to meet you. How bout a-a ga-game of ca-catch?"
Suddenly, a tree bursts from the street underneath a pick-up truck, sending the vehicle flying in an arc towards you.

Sepiatone, you would see a maniac sending an automobile at your teammate.
However you're too busy staring at the spot where a 20 foot serpetine creature was floating behind the maniac. It had four faces, a lion-like one facing you, a human one to the left, an ox one to the right, and eagle one facing away from you. It had straight legs, and hooves. It was entirely covered in eyes, including in the spaces between the eyes. It had six burning wing with hands under the wings. One wing was touching the back of the man's head. It looked at you with its ox face, and then when you blinked it was gone.
Were you day-dreaming again?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 06:49:50 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2019, 08:26:54 pm »

Amy Dala was not having a great day. Inside the run-down library of the Haunts, she was somewhat failing to make any progress in getting a library card.

The library of the Haunts didn't have much of a book collection, and even if it had that wasn't what Amy was there for. One thing it did have were manuals for reading braille, and that seemed a worthwhile endeavour.

Her claws clacked against her phone screen as she rapidly typed out words to the obstinate woman manning the desk.
-How am I meant to provide a photo of my face? I don't have one-
her phone recited.
"The rules are very clear, to prevent the use of your library card by others-" the elderly woman began again, only to be cut off by more annoyed typing.
 -What, is someone going to cut off their head and prethdj-
The building shook. The headless Knight would have looked around if she was capable. Instead, she pushed out her senses - there. Trouble to the south.

Without another word, she turned and strode out the door, welcoming the distraction from the damned librarian.

She walked quickly, past strange new outcrop pings of trees and exasperated citizens fleeing the other way. More than one stopped on seeing her and took a third route. Ahead came the sound of crashing, and she emerged from an alley to see a car punted at her team mate.

Nahallud did the logical thing: the nigh-invulnerable monster simply stepped in the way and braced, trusting her not insignificant mass to prevent Vestige being splattered.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2019, 06:06:39 pm »

For many, it'd certainly be a strange situation.

The car slammed into Nahallud's armour-flesh - and a swift motion shoved it to one side, where it rolled and flattened a bus stop instead of Vestige.

No worse for wear, the ex-human unfolded herself from where she'd hunched over. She turned a little, to give the impression she was paying attention to Vestige rather than the Bob Ross-alike - but, of course, she was paying attention to everything, knowing all, seeing nothing. The dullahan's chitinous fingers skittered over her phone.
-It's dangerous. Are you going to use your powers?-

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2019, 09:48:42 am »

The 2016 Ford Pinto flattens a bus stop. Then it burst into flames, setting a number of smaller trees near the bus stop ablaze.
Fortunately, none of you were standing near those trees, but now there's a fire of to the side, and Happy Trees does not look pleased.
My- MY TREES! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE! YOU WILL PAY FOR RUINING HAPPINESS!
He begins to make some huge trees, and set them to fall atop Vestige and Nahullad.
However, before he finishes, you have some time to prepare yourselves as a team, and steel your will.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 11:32:08 am by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2019, 09:35:41 pm »

The members of Twilight Force  try to prepare themselves to fight as a team.
But it is not to be.
Mistrust and indecision abound.
In a multitude of  ways both small and big, from a tossed car to toasted mind, the team is put on their back foot.
Without realizing she's doing it, Nahullad takes up the mantle of command from Sir Samuel, but the lack of control over Sir Samuel is putting her off her game, making her second guess herself.

Happy Trees is still atop his pine over the sidewalk, glaring down at Nahullad.
Nahullad and Vestige are further down the sidewalk, near an alleyway.
Far beyond them are the flattened bus stop, the Ford Pinto, and blazing trees. The blaze is slowly reaching towards everyone else.
Sir Samuel is on the other side of the main pine, lying in the middle of the street, next to his horse, and trying to make sort angels.
On the other side of the street from Vestige are two huge trees that are now falling towards the two of them.
Sepiatone was in the alleyway near there, gazing at where the creature was, but then his sightline was broken by the two trees.
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2019, 06:16:53 pm »

Nahullad reached down a scooped up a handful of broken chunks of road, hefting them in one clawed hand.

She could sense Happy Trees - she could feel where he was, where he intended to go - and she began to stride forward, closing the distance and getting out from the area of effect of his attack. Even as she did so, she drew her hand back and launched a block of broken road directly towards the insane villain, aiming to knock him out cold - or at least out of his perch.

Hopefully, the others would follow her lead.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2019, 03:24:18 am »

This absurd scene had been irritating from the start, but the constant assault, not being able to do anything? The invisible line was crossed. Vestige's hands balled into fists and she fixed her eyes on the enemy. Nahullad's words rang in her ears. In the red haze, the threat of the falling trees went unnoticed. Her suit vented steam as her powers burst into life, psychic tendrils pulling forth ghostlike figures into existence around the madman. A muted scream of fury could be heard from inside the suit.

The figures wore medical shifts and masks. They were huge, distorted, oversized syringes appearing in their hands. The orderlies as she remembered them on her worst days, impossibly strong and faceless.

Now, now, dear. Hold still for your SEDATIVE!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 03:43:50 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!
Pages: [1] 2