Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Land wars 2: Electric boogaloo  (Read 6216 times)

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pagan Desert Bitch (she/they)
    • View Profile
Land wars 2: Electric boogaloo
« on: July 09, 2019, 01:14:37 pm »

I advise making your civilization somewhat unique from your generic medieval empire. I am not strict at all on themes, so go make your kingdom whatever you want it to be themed after. Hell, you can make a Goddamn Minecraft-themed civilization for all I care. (Don't worry, I won't judge you for that, I actually play Minecraft every now and then.)

Hello and welcome to Land Wars, a forum based grand strategy game! In it, players create fictional high-fantasy nations and send their armies after other players in an effort to conquer the world, or failing that, each other. It's a ton of fun.

If you're new, welcome, and read on; it may be a lot but I promise the game is less complicated than it sounds and it's absolutely worth it

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You can now put your pitchforks with "TL;DR" engraved onto them down, the wall of text just ended.

If you want to join, PM your day 0 update! The deadline to do so is July 18th, after which point the game will start.

(Replace the placeholder fields with something else.)
Code: [Select]
Spoiler: Day X (click to show/hide)

Other:

Players can choose to leave this area blank. This is an optional space where people can put things such as the history of the kingdom, anything roleplay or in-character related, or it can just be a few random notes about your army and kingdom.

Note: this shit is not mine, it’s 0cra_Tr0per’s, but I used it with permission. Enjoy.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 12:07:52 pm by TheRedwolf »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Land wars 2: Electric boogaloo 0/6 players
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 01:18:38 pm »

Why do I get a feeling this was created in no small part to use Electric Boogaloo in a title.
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by a lack of knowledge or understanding. Maybe your own.
'No.' is a complete sentence. —Mary Kate & Ashley

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 01:21:44 pm »

I just needed a title

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2019, 01:50:15 pm »

I can respect that. You know, they almost called Deadpool 2, Deadpool: Untitled Sequel. They chickened out though.
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by a lack of knowledge or understanding. Maybe your own.
'No.' is a complete sentence. —Mary Kate & Ashley

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2019, 01:55:50 pm »

Will make a sheet later
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2019, 03:18:59 pm »

I'm pretty sure that the LW5 ruleset (which I based both my pregame flop and LW game that lasted long enough to have a first battle happen) had nothing about a player cap.

Either way, reserving. Also, I'm pretty sure the last LW game had almost no formatting issues in the OP.

EDIT: I love 189 day deadlines. Seriously, proofread any dates in your posts, and make sure they're the intentional ones.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 03:29:36 pm by 0cra_tr0per »
it's over

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2019, 03:34:08 pm »

Oof. My bad
Fixed
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 03:36:16 pm by TheRedwolf »

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
Re: Land wars 2: Electric boogaloo
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2019, 03:40:25 pm »

A four day deadline. Shouldn't it be extended to July 20 or something?

Also, raising the playercount cap (or removing it entirely) would mean more factions that could do more interesting things. The LW5 ruleset that I based the version I ran on never had anything related to a playercount cap.

also: oh god oh fuck i can't come up with a kingdom oh fuck oh shit
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 03:44:09 pm by 0cra_tr0per »
it's over

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2019, 05:06:58 pm »

This looks fun, I'll type up a day 0 post and Pm it to you

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2019, 08:24:30 pm »

HOOH! I gotta get in on this. I've got so many ideas, some less complete than others, and there's so little time!

Edit: I do hope you'll be willing to pause the timer if you need to give yourself extra time to write battles though.
As well as make posts to alert players when a day has passed, since timezones are a thing and not every player has the best memory.

Also, 0cra, since you're the most familiar with this, what do Supplies even do? Like what benefit do you get from a Supply(that isn't an artifact)?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 08:43:34 pm by Failbird105 »

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2019, 09:40:19 pm »

I'm a bit rusty with the finer mechanics of land wars, especially after... that incident (no it's not immediately related to the kazoombo pit, it was because I forgot I'm shit at writing larger scale battles which quickly fucked over LW1), but supplies are basically any interesting things your nation has that aren't there by default. Basic medieval-grade technology isn't a supply and all kingdoms have an infinite effect, but specialty weapons, unique resources, notable items, and other unique stuff would be a supply.

also i still can't come up with a kingdom pls2halp
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 09:41:50 pm by 0cra_tr0per »
it's over

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2019, 10:08:54 pm »

Anthropomorphic ice cats?

On a more serious note... hmm. I'd like to play (I can probably reuse Amalthea or whatever it was called), but I don't know if I'll have the best memory. Ah well, I've got three or four days to make a decision.

(assuming, you know, the player cap doesn't fill up. hmm.)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2019, 10:11:22 pm »

Removed the cap.
Also idea: memes

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2019, 10:17:03 pm »

Anthropomorphic ice cats?
I think I'll keep that brand of unoriginality inside Gridhood games, thank you very much.

Removed the cap.
Also idea: memes

oh no

Although I didn't get any meme/joke civ sheets when running LW1 despite my lax policy on theming, I can tell the inevitable will happen.
it's over

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2019, 06:15:52 am »

Gosh, I really do wish the deadline could be moved back some. Like, I'd really rather try out any of my six other ideas than just bring the Cookies back(though admittedly I do have some new options to work with for them), but I'm legitimately not sure it's even possible for me to make a new map I'd be happy with in the time that's been given, and that's not even including the time encessary to actually come up with all the ideas for the sheet itself.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 06:30:55 am by Failbird105 »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8