Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 63

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 8: IC Thread!  (Read 54291 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Fire Emblem on Forums 8: IC Thread!
« on: July 13, 2019, 08:42:44 am »

~~~~RULES~~~~

1. All kinds of questions, character sheet edits, story discussions and all non-IC stuff are to be posted at OOC Thread

2. Post formatting is mandatory:
"Coloured text for PC speech lines!"
Normal text for descriptions, etc.
Bolded text denotes action!

3. Order of posts:
In battle:
Player(s) -> GM -> Player(s) -> GM ... (until end of Player Phase) -> GM posts for Enemies -> GM posts for Allies -> End of Turn.
Outside battle:
Players -> GM, when needed

4. Unless GM explicitly mentions you/your character, you can't post in this thread.

5. Table of Contents:
Prologue: For Bread and Revolution
Chapter 1: A Heart Broken and Trampled
Chapter 2: Trash Animals on the Run
Chapter 3: Once Gone, Twice Forgotten
Chapter 4: Between the Anvil and the Hammer
« Last Edit: August 21, 2021, 01:51:59 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 8: IC Thread!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 09:55:32 am »

Deep in the forests of Lufin, inside an old fort, surrounded by tents of desperate and hopeful peoples...

Johannes looked at Cedric, then Godfried, and nodded.

"Arlight, then. I shall perform the sentry scout duties along with the rest. Goodbye, Godfried. Cedric." The brightly-colored man turned and left the room, while the elderly rebel leader looked after him. Cedric crossed his arms on the chest and hummed.

"Master Godfried, I don't think we should let Johannes perform such a mission. What if he-" A small angry foot kicked at the boy's ankle.

"Cedric! Have some more faith in the man." Godfried laughed.

"Sister Luitgard is right, you know? Just because he was part one of guards of the Consort himself, that doesn't mean he is a spy. In fact, some of the most loyal rebels are defectors from decadence, who once worked for the usurper himself." Cedric let out a grumpy huff.

"I'm sure we can trust Johannes, Cedric. Sigismund strike me down if I'm a bad judge of character." Cedric sighed.

"Alright, alright... he just... I don't know. I just don't like him."

Anyway - you've said I will be going on a supply raid? Haven't we had one last week?" It was Godfried's turn to sigh.

"Unfortunately, we're accruing people on steady basis as of late. While we have plenty of food, medicine and weapons and ammunition are scarce."

"We've heard that there will be a military convoy traveling from the south to the garrison at Lufin. Whatever they shall be carrying, we need it."

"Alright. Whom am I going with?"

"Eloise, Jorne Jarsson, Marion, Sylvianne, Orietta, Lucas, Markus Bridger and Marietta." The young prince looked at Luitgard.

"You're not coming with me- us?"

"Sadly, I'm staying here this time. Master Godfried doesn't want both of our healers to be absent from the camp..."

"It's for the best. I've already sent for the people I mentioned, they should be here shortly." The door to the old throne room opened, and Godfried nodded.

"Ah, there they are!"

//Eloise van der Boore, Jorne Jarsson, Marion Casier, Sylvianne Bismarck, Orietta Fiorina de Angeborta, Lucas Dreyfus, Markus Bridger and Marietta Lancaster are now active!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 06:18:51 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2019, 10:25:18 am »

This whole situation has been a big roller coaster of ups and downs for Marietta Lancaster. Ever since Cedric, that wholly underwhelming-looking boy on a horse, managed to beat her of all people in a one on one duel, she had felt obligated to follow him in his cause. To be perfectly honest, she really didn't care a wild amount for the queen. Yeah, it was sad and all, and tyranny is bad and should be stopped and all, but honestly, Marietta just wanted a place to live. She had been camping for a while so that her father could get back on his feet, so that she wouldn't be in the way. Rather than get a job, she stuck to being a vigilante, stopping petty crime that would never be discovered otherwise... but what that mostly has gotten her were a few bruises and the occasional stolen coin if she wasn't careful. But... the smiles on the faces of whoever she rescued, if she managed to rescue them... that was enough to satisfy her.

Perhaps that was a good reason to look to trying to aid Cedric in his mission... though she was mostly doing it for the (potential) money and the security. While she wasn't too thrilled to learn that she was going to have to still sleep in her same old tent, at least she could sleep in her same old tent and not some other run down thing... and she was surrounded by other people. Much safer than being surrounded by bugs and bears and a big flashing sign above her tent that said "PLEASE ROB ME." She would often be lucky, but she knew she wouldn't have been for long... so this was fine.

In the present, however... there was going to have to be work. Dirty work... perhaps it would get interesting for once.

"A supply raid, hm...?"

While she wasn't the biggest fan of having teammates, feeling as if they just got in the way most of the time, they would be useful for honing her skills... after all, the more people, the more they could thin out the numbers, and the more numbers were thinned, the easier it would be to pick people off.

"...Sounds good."

Without much more talking and hoping that people wouldn't really respond to her small amounts of words... and to be honest, just leave her alone in general... she followed the rest to where Cedric was waiting. She didn't say a single word minus a sharp glance at Cedric to verify that he was indeed there, and then kept quiet and to herself.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 12:25:05 pm by RedMageCole »

Melioa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2019, 10:48:03 am »

Jorne is among those brought forth for the raid - and upon seeing the Prince, he bows, bracing an arm on his halberd.

"Your Highness. We are prepared and ready for the sortie. Or - as prepared as we can be with current stores." He taps his weapon against the floor - the pole is splintered, the iron seeing the onset of rust. "We move at your word."
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 10:51:09 am by Melioa »

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2019, 11:12:18 am »

Markus strode into the room at his own pace, his red cloak billowing just a tiny bit as he rushed in, unfortunately still arriving later than the fencer gal and the knight, causing him to sigh a little at his own age, before he bowed at his rightful, future king as usual, and stated, "Your Highness. Your faithful servants are at your disposal, simply say the word, and your will will be done."

"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2019, 11:53:29 am »

The armored mage, upon walking in and seeing everyone else doing the whole bowing thing, elected to do so herself. Though, the gesture still came out as half a curtsy; she hadn't really been considering bowing until she got here, and therefore hadn't quite decided which gesture she should actually use.

"Uhm, hello, Ced- er, Lord von Sachsen. My tome is yours." She patted the book to try and play off the awkwardness of her speech. It was still hard to get used to Cedric being as important as he was, even if that was why she was there.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2019, 12:04:22 pm »

The fingers of a metal gauntlet catched the door just a moment before it closed after the mage entered. Lucas stumbled in, carrying a book in his other hand, forgetting to do any sort of bowing.

: Ah! I hope I'm not late, Sir. I came as soon as I was ready after receiving the order.

Lucas opened the book and scrolled through some pages.

: Another supply raid, then? What are we after this time?

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2019, 12:24:29 pm »

Marion slipped through the door and bowed to both men. She was still in awe of the whole thing, but that was no excuse for being rude.

"Your Highness, Your Grace. I am ready to go, whenever you give the order."
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2019, 02:32:13 pm »

Eloïse van den Borre sauntered in, her heavy mace over her shoulder. Her head was bare for once, the horned helmet dangling from her waist.

"What is it? It better be something worthwhile."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2019, 02:46:11 pm »

Orietta calmly walks in, not far behind the rest of the group.

It was a strange feeling, going to fight. Not long before this, she was the eldest of several siblings, taking care of them on a farm out in the middle of nowhere and hunting wild boars as the worst of her problems. And now.....she was doing something bigger.

It was, however, for the sake of her mother, as she reminded herself again.
"What do we know about the mission at hand?"

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2019, 03:03:50 pm »

"We're going on a supply raid, yes. Consort's men are going to transport things to Lufin, and we will take their things for ourselves."

"You will all accompany him. And please, no bravado. Kill whom you must, take the supplies, and run back home." Meanwhile, Luitgard snuck closer to Cedric and quietly smooched his cheek.

"I will pray for your safety."

"...Thanks." Barely managing his skin tones from going red, Cedric rubbed his cheek and headed for the door, leading the way for others.

"Eloise, please wait a moment."
SigFlags!

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2019, 03:21:57 pm »

Looks like there were going to be some bodies hitting the floor, then. Marietta gently touched the handle of her rapier, giving a tiny nod as she made sure it was there. She had the strong urge to whip it out and take some quick practice swings to warm up, but she hardly felt like these people were going to appreciate that. Resisting her urges, she simply followed Cedric at a brisk pace, still keeping a bit of distance from the rest of the team.

She hoped this mission was going to yield something good, because she didn't get to eat very much on her time on her own. If she wasn't going to have a proper bed for a while, she would at least like to have some decent meals again... then again, nothing would really beat her father's cooking. That was just silly to even imagine.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2019, 05:11:33 pm »

Eloïse shifted her weight.

"Yeah?"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2019, 05:20:35 pm »

Godfried pulled out something from the pockets of his pants - a small square pebble on a string, with small black rune etched on the stone.

"One of my 'friends' received this from an old man living in Tatalia, suffering from some deadly illness. He disclosed to my 'friend' that he was a friend of your aunt... Priscilla. Apparently, feeling that death is after him, he asked for her descendants - or family - to receive this... trinket." Godfried took Eloise's hand and placed the magical pebble in it.

"Now, I'm not entirely convinced that this is a true story, but, a gift is a gift, is it not? You might as well make use of it."

//Eloise receives Square Rune!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 05:23:06 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2019, 07:47:22 pm »

"..."

Sylvianne felt a small pang of something she immediately shoved down when Luitgard gave her "blessing." Shaking her head, she elected to pop open her tome and read over it again. It was nothing too complex, but it never hurt to practice the basics, and nobody else seemed too up for conversation at the moment.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 63