Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]

Author Topic: FEF: The Rise and Fall of Kishibe Senior High's Souban (IC)  (Read 12593 times)

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: The Rise and Fall of Kishibe Senior High's Souban (IC)
« Reply #240 on: September 15, 2021, 01:42:05 am »

Yumiko bluntly laughs after hearing Tetsuya honestly suggest that only two delinquents would be guarding each of the entrances.
: "They're delinquents Tetsuya, not imbeciles. If Hashimoto and that ninja otaku was any indication, we're going to have to deal with their gangs as well. Not that it matters."
: "I say that we should head over to the South Entrance, and crumple that paper tiger. And besides, it would be rude to turn down that Shinobi's invitation after all."
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 15, 2021, 02:10:05 am »

"Excuse me for listening to Hashimoto, Kendo princess. I doubt he's dumb enough to leave out a little detail like an entire gang being around instead of just their leader. Besides, having a bunch of thugs around would draw attention and then we would just avoid the place instead of falling into the trap."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 15, 2021, 08:16:22 am »

"It wouldn't be honorable. That's what keeps things safe for those not part of this. The literal ninja shows up to tell us, so that says something about their conduct. I think they'd only have small parts of their gang with them."

"I vote south, it would be rude to ignore an invitation."

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 15, 2021, 08:45:23 pm »

"Sure, I'll have one."

"As for which route to take... I don't know. This feels like going south is playing right into their hand, but... I'll admit, Shinobi intrigues me. I guess if he does have something underhanded in mind, we can just make him pay for it on the spot. Let's go South."

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 19, 2021, 09:25:04 am »

"You said Mr. Shinobi would want some, but he already left."

"My Pocky aren't for people I don't consider trustworthy at the time. Simple as that."

"Excuse me for listening to Hashimoto, Kendo princess. I doubt he's dumb enough to leave out a little detail like an entire gang being around instead of just their leader. Besides, having a bunch of thugs around would draw attention and then we would just avoid the place instead of falling into the trap."

"Oh, thanks for yer vote of confidence! They're indeed solo. Or, duo, more fittingly."
"Still, banchous walking around alone when they're prepared for fisticuffs are unusual. Pretty sure people are loitering around not too far away from them in alleyways, ready for action when the banchou gives a signal."
"I expected that much. So whatever we do, they'll message people once we're set so the other gangs can move towards the entrance we're targeting. Goal's to break through, not to stick around in a fight. Still, we have some time and you're cool with going South, so might as well have a nice afternoon eating some sushi and asking about wasabi."
"Wonderful! Truth be told, I've been given the mission to keep tabs on yer, which entrance yer'll take. Give me a text when yer ready to go, then I'll tell them yer going to a different entrance. Don't worry about me, I know that I'm seen as a bit of an idiot, I can make it work giving wrong info by 'accident', harharharhar!"

And with that, Hashimoto took a Pocky and then left, happily munching on it.

"Cool guy. Alright, time for a round of Sea Delight."

City Mall, Sea Delight

An archaic, traditionally-decorated sushi place, with only two tables in corners and the rest of the seating being in front of the glass-covered bar where one can see their sushi being made live right in front of them, with most of the bar featuring the prepared ingredients and their prices. A few menu options and costs for drinks are visible in the background, hand-written on blackboards. Aside from a single brand of cola, the avaible drinks are mostly water, different flavors of tea and both sake and shōchū.

Two people are currently in there, which are also the two workers of the place: The bar itself being handled by a short, old man, the back of the bar being cleaned, swept and generally taken care off by a familiar face...

"Welcome to Sea Delight. I am your host, Yamada-san. May I take your order? Oh my, that's quite the large entourage. Boy, prepare more plates now!"
"Yes, sensei!"

Yamada-san looks more closely to the Souban.

"... On the other hand... Take your time with the plates, boy."
"Yes, sensei!"

ctsun

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 20, 2021, 02:05:46 pm »

"Woohoo~! Sushi time~! I'll take a couple California rolls, thanks!"

"So, uh, boss, you know these guys, right? How long would ya give it 'til they wise up to that trick? Can't imagine that they'll just give up if they've already gotten things this far."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 20, 2021, 02:31:34 pm »

"Green tea and tuna rolls for me."

Sekizawa took a seat at the bar.

"So, I heard you get your wasabi from Aomori...?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 20, 2021, 03:17:22 pm »

She wonders if she is paying, or Souban... Thinking on it, she probably has enough and others are.

"Some dragon rolls and water. Please and thank you."

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 20, 2021, 04:45:30 pm »

"I see. Coming up!"

Yamada-san began working with fast, skilled hands on the orders, only stopping slightly when Tatsuya asked him the question.

"So you are here for that after all... My special wasabi is indeed from Aomori. A rarity enriched by Lake Usori."
"We desire the wasabi from what lies beyond Mount Osore."
"Poor children, you just rowed up the Sanzu River."
"Ah, crud..."
"Welcome to the Underworld. Whatever your heart desires to make your delinquent lives more enjoyable, you can acquire here for Favors."

The old man handed a strange-looking menu card with a blank cover to Tatsuya. Inside, a selection of various tools usually used by delinquents in combat can be found, high-quality stuff on top of that.

"This is the extended arm of the Favor economy, gang. If you need the big guns, figuratively speaking, the Underworld is your go-to store. And you can eat good sushi while your order gets discreetly packaged too!"
"Obviously, it's a little secret between all of us. Otherwise, if you can't keep your mouths shut... Hah, please excuse me, something's getting itchy..."

Yamada-san grips the tip of his left little finger... and removes it, revealing it to be a prothesis. He gives the scar hidden under the artificial finger joint a short scratch before putting the prothesis back on.

"... I guess we are in agreement about our little vow of silence, aren't we, children?"
"..."
"... I'll explain it later in detail, if you want. For now, anything you're curious about? I have a few Favors left for spending, they're yours."

In the meanwhile, Yamada-san continues to prepare sushi for the gang.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 21, 2021, 05:10:29 am »

Glancing at the regular menu for a moment, Yumiko eventually settles on a simple appertizer to not interfere too much with her diet.
: "I'll have some salmon sashimi please."
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 23, 2021, 03:56:08 am »

"Hmm - salmon nigiri for me," Nonoka said, seemingly mulling something over.

"...Do you think we're actually getting the Underworld wasabi?" That had to be even more exotic than the Aomori wasabi, though it was probably hard to harvest it with all the souls trying to flail their way through the snakes in the river or whatever.

adzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 23, 2021, 11:53:31 am »

"I'll too have salmon sashimi, with some green tea."
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]