Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 63

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 8: IC Thread!  (Read 54399 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 8: IC Thread!
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2019, 08:00:24 pm »

The young woman weighed the odd little stone in her palm for a moment.
"Huh. Don't recognise the rune on it."
Eloïse considered it a moment longer before she shrugged and hung it round her neck, tucking it out of sight beneath her scarf.
"Hell, it can't hurt, I guess. Thanks, old man."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2019, 04:32:12 am »

Markus nodded in assent after hearing Godfried's call for reason, before he did a quick once over of the group's capabilities and stated, "Duly noted Sir Godfried, we will do our best to return with our prize in hand, and with not a single man left behind!." Before he walked off to examine any maps the group have of the area, if they have some; might as well familiarize himself with the convoy's planned route right?.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 04:35:46 am by cronos5010 »
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2019, 01:18:17 pm »

@Eloise:

"You're forgetting my name's Godfried, Eloise. Go already."

@Markus:

There were no map ready, for lack of supplies and skilled mapmakers led to the rebels working only on hearsays and oral knowledge.

@Sylvianne:

Cedric looked behind himself, and stopped quietly.

Doing exactly what was needed to have the book-reading armor mage bump against him.

"Sylvianne, is everything okay?"
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 01:22:27 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2019, 02:00:35 pm »

: Hmm... Not a lot of information. Again.

Lucas wrote a quick note about it and put away the book.

: I hope we obtain some writing supplies this time. And weapons. As much as I'd like to I can't exactly write myself a new magic tome.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2019, 04:09:34 pm »

Marietta was unfortunately not the most patient of individuals, and as Cedric stopped because Sylvianne opened a book up, Marietta just found herself stopping as well. She looked a bit grumpy that they were stopping, and she was also pretty antsy, so almost immediately she began pacing a little bit while waiting for Cedric to finish talking about whatever with her.

"C'mon, c'mon, do we really have time for this...?"

She grumbled to herself and no one in particular, trying not to let herself be heard... or again, noticed, but this time she felt it was going to be a bit tricky to not be noticed when she was pacing, but it'd certainly help her calm down at least somewhat.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2019, 04:56:34 pm »

"Huh? No- I mean, yes, I'm fine." She fumbled with her book a bit (as the collision had unseated it from her hands,) before snapping it shut and securing it to her waist again.
"Just, nervous about the raid, I guess," she lied. Sylvianne didn't think she was foolhardy, but she was fairly confident in her abilities as a mage and soldier.
"Why do you ask?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2019, 05:32:45 pm »

Marietta was unfortunately not the most patient of individuals, and as Cedric stopped because Sylvianne opened a book up, Marietta just found herself stopping as well. She looked a bit grumpy that they were stopping, and she was also pretty antsy, so almost immediately she began pacing a little bit while waiting for Cedric to finish talking about whatever with her.

"C'mon, c'mon, do we really have time for this...?"

She grumbled to herself and no one in particular, trying not to let herself be heard... or again, noticed, but this time she felt it was going to be a bit tricky to not be noticed when she was pacing, but it'd certainly help her calm down at least somewhat.
Marietta finds herself suddenly faced with a tall woman in a weird hat, looking down at her oddly.
"Hey? Is....something....bothering you?"

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2019, 06:23:05 pm »

Marietta got so engrossed in grumbling, that she very nearly bumped into one of her teammates, who was... talking to her? Was she?

"Are... are you talking to... me...?"

Marietta asked somewhat dumbly as she really didn't expect people to talk to her... but she pretty quickly realized she was being talked to. She... couldn't remember who this woman's name was, only that she was one of Cedric's troops and people that she was working with... she wasn't exactly too keen on making friends, but regardless she didn't want to be rude.

"-erm, I guess that's a bit obvious, uh... nothing really, I'm just... a bit impatient when it comes to these things... a bit antsy about the mission, and all... but I'm not gonna be the one to interrupt Cedric's conversations because of myself."

She huffed a little bit; as much as she would like to interrupt the conversation.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2019, 06:38:23 pm »

Eloïse gave a rough chuckle.
"I'll try to remember that in future, then... old man."
She grinned savagely before turning and heading back out the door, casually waving a hand over one shoulder.

Everyone seemed to be hovering about outside, so she looked around and sighted their erstwhile leader.
"Oy, Cedric! Let's go!"

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2019, 07:25:40 pm »

As the group stopped for a moment, Marion headed off to the side to check her horse's tack one final time. There probably wasn't anything wrong with it - that was one of the things that she was decent at - but it calmed the nerves, and as excited as she was to be going on a mission with the prince himself, she was rather nervous.

"..."
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Melioa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2019, 10:46:03 pm »

"Commanding the prince does not seem quite wise." Jorne comments towards Eloïse as he passes by - filtering out of the fort with the rest of the raiding group.

"I doubt a military shipment would carry pens and ink for you to scribble with, but I have no doubt they are carrying tomes. Perhaps you could find an otherwise unusuable magic tome, scour the ink with sand to create a blank page? I have heard that works." Jorne says, now to Lucas. "Though - I doubt this would be something noteworthy to write about. It is just a raid - no grand battle, I guarantee we'll likely catch them unawares, and the whole thing will be done in a minute."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2019, 04:17:29 am »

"Commanding the prince does not seem quite wise." Jorne comments towards Eloïse as he passes by - filtering out of the fort with the rest of the raiding group.

"Not much of a prince yet. I'll bow and scrape when he's something worth bowing to."

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2019, 04:24:36 am »

: You never know. Bookkeeping, mapmaking, logistics in general can have a lot of paperwork and those are technically military supplies. And... you never know, a raid may prove crucial to our efforts or against them, I believe it's important to document to see the bigger picture later on.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2019, 07:19:00 am »

"Mhm. You know, pacing around restlessly won't help."

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2019, 08:07:57 am »

Markus let out a slight sigh of worry as he noticed their lack of maps, and reliable information, before he took a deep breath, and walked off after the rest of the group. He remained quiet for a while, doing a quick once over of his own equipment, until he noticed that Marion seemed to be...fussing over her horse again, and he decided to walk over.
: "Is everything alright Ms. Marion?," he asked after clearing his throat, with a slightly concerned expression on his face.
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 63