Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 63

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 8: IC Thread!  (Read 54339 times)

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 8: IC Thread!
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2019, 09:40:06 am »

"Mnngh..."

Marietta groaned a bit. Why was this woman telling her what to do? What was she, her mom? She didn't sign up to be told to quit her habits, and she didn't sign up to be told what to do by someone who wasn't above her. She was so caught up in being ticked off that she ended up accidentally stopping.

"Then what do you suggest I do?"

Marietta tried to keep a cool head when speaking, but her face definitely looked pretty grumpy.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 09:42:24 am by RedMageCole »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2019, 11:44:35 am »

"Take a deep breath. Relax for a moment. Getting yourself worked up will only mess you up."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2019, 11:49:38 am »

"Because- ah." Cedric looked at Eloise and others.

"Right, we should be going. The sooner we're done, the sooner we're back, huh? Everyone ready I hope?"
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2019, 11:53:31 am »

"Of course." She appreciated his concern, even if it was misplaced. She understood the situation, even if it ate at her just a bit.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2019, 11:58:53 am »

: Indeed. Having few possessions in accordance with the scarcity of supplies, Lucas didn't need to check again to know he was ready.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2019, 12:10:13 pm »

"Oh, uhm.."

Marion started slightly at the interruption.

"I'm alright, I suppose. She looked off to the side, embarassed.

"I think I'm just nervous. I've... never been in a battle before."
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2019, 01:22:59 pm »

Marietta had half a mind to shrug it off, but at the same time she felt as if maybe it was worth a decent shot. Without much of a response, she tried this deep breath thing... she initially just took a regular breath but louder, but then shook her head, closed her eyes and slowly inhaled... held it for a bit... and exhaled.

"...Yeah... that actually helped a bit... huh."

Before she said much more, Cedric finally answered her prayers. She vigorously nodded and began to get back into place, but before she did, she looked back at Orietta and, looking a bit bashful, spoke considerably more softer than before.

"Um... thanks, I... yeah, thanks."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2019, 04:59:07 pm »

Impatiently, Eloïse placed her helmet on her head.
"Yeah. Let's go."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2019, 11:16:02 am »

Markus nodded sagely at Marion's response, an understanding look on his face.
: "Ah, I see." He shifted his pose slightly, hoping to try and soothe her worries. "It's perfectly fine to be nervous before your first battle, anyone with half a mind does it, and the fact that your anxiety is making you tend to your equipment and prepare for war? It's admirable really."
: "But if you want my advice? Try not to overthink things, you can't let yourself get too caught up in thinking about what to do in battle and how to do it properly, or whether you can in the first place. Or you'll freeze up, and get trapped under the weight of your own indecision."

: He then coughed a little to break the tension, "And try to remember, your comrades aren't just there for you to disappoint if you fail. They'd lay down their life for you too, you know. That's all this old man has to say about the matter, and I hope it helped, just a little."

His eyes darted from side to side in a conspiratorial manner, before he leaned in a little closer and whispered, "But just between you and me? I'm feeling a bit anxious too, its been a while since I've had to fight for something I believe in, and I'm still worried that I'll only let everyone down. But it helps to hear about other people's worries, it lets me know that I'm not the only one."
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 11:21:55 am by cronos5010 »
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2019, 12:11:21 pm »

"I find that when you find yourself overwhelmed by events, some time to just calm down and take stock will help. It's always the younger ones who seem so hasty."
Then, Cedric. Orietta sighs deeply.
"Ah. That's our cue then, isn't it?"

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2019, 10:06:27 pm »

Marion has a thoughtful look on her face.

"I think I see, now. It's less about avoiding the nerves, but rather keeping them from tripping you up?"

She nods, clearly thinking.

"And I am a trained healer, so it isn't as if I don't know what I need to to."

"I think we should probably get moving, though. I would hate to delay the others.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2019, 05:37:09 am »

Markus nodded at Marion's response once more, a slight smile visible underneath his mustache.
: "That's exactly right Ms. Marion, a brave woman is one who can accept and overcome her fears after all, not one who tries to ignore it. And you are a very brave woman already."
He then turned around slightly towards the rest of the group, letting out a content sigh at the sight.
: "But yes, we really should get going. It was nice talking with you Ms. Marion, I hope that I'll be seeing you after the battle."
His tone and pitch then shifted higher a little, as he walked off towards the rest and declared.
: "I'm as ready as I'll ever be!."
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

Melioa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2019, 11:10:11 am »

"It seems we are indeed all ready, Prince Cedric."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2019, 03:42:07 pm »

"Allright. Let's go."

About an hour later...

The sudden downpour didn't upset rebels' plans, and instead, aided them, the thickness of the clouds providing cover and the loud rustle of the rain muffling all sounds.

Cedric squatted between bushes, his horse silently breathing behind him. The rebels were arranged in a line, ready to abandon their hiding positions.

"There's so few of them..." Cedric mused quietly, eyeing the wagons being led by only few footsoldiers each. As the convoy approached, Cedric slowly pulled out his sword out of the sheath, but remained still.

~~Player Turn 1~~

EXP: 0/100

Weather:
Rain: All Mounted units -1 MOV.

Objectives:
Loot and scoot!
The enemies are currently unaware of your presence. They will become aware when you attack them (duh), you move out of the Forest/Dark Forest tiles, you re-mount (Cedric, Marion and Orietta start dismounted), or a Player Character and an Enemy Unit end on adjacent tiles.
The Transports have 5 MOV (like any other foot unit). You need to hit them twice to down them. Downed Transports can be pillaged - to do so, move to a tile adjacent to a downed Transport and simply post an action.
If you want to leave the map (for example, your inventory is full already), you must end your move at any tile of the Column 1. Then, your unit will be moved off the map and considered 'safe'.
Happy raiding!

Enemies stats are here!

Spoiler: HP (click to show/hide)
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2019, 03:49:32 pm »

Marietta unsheathed her sword, took a quick practice swing as she had been so eager to do before, and prepared herself for battle, not even caring much for the rain above her. They all looked so easily taken down... but she had the element of surprise on her side, and so did the rest of them... it was best to be careful and wait patiently.

"I'll make short work of them... just tell me when we're actually getting them." She whispered to the group, as she began to move closely, carefully darting around the trees.

Marietta moves to ( 7, 7 )
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 03:53:52 pm by RedMageCole »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 63