Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 29

Author Topic: X-piratez succession game  (Read 74773 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: X-piratez succession game
« Reply #150 on: August 01, 2019, 10:10:58 am »

Do we have a dojo in the base ?
right click on the dojo bring a menu that allows to train a certain amount of gals when out of missions, it's very usefull for newly hired hands.

We do!
And I was trying to figure out how it worked, so thanks for that.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 01, 2019, 10:12:59 am »

right click on the dojo bring a menu that allows to train a certain amount of gals when out of missions, it's very usefull for newly hired hands.

I'll only mention this because the way you're describing this suggests you haven't seen this but... you can also get to the training options from the bottom left dropdown (dropup?) menu on the Hands screen, which importantly is also where you use the one-time Militia Training (peasants), Shakeup (gals), Gladiatorial Training (both), etc. stat-boosts-in-exchange-for-time-off-wounded options when you have the right people/tech/buildings/gear. Those one-off boost is really, REALLY useful for newly hired hands, so long as you can wait a week or two before needing to deploy them.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 01, 2019, 10:20:40 am »

I'll only mention this because the way you're describing this suggests you haven't seen this but... you can also get to the training options from the bottom left dropdown (dropup?) menu on the Hands screen, which importantly is also where you use the one-time Militia Training (peasants), Shakeup (gals), Gladiatorial Training (both), etc. stat-boosts-in-exchange-for-time-off-wounded options when you have the right people/tech/buildings/gear. Those one-off boost is really, REALLY useful for newly hired hands, so long as you can wait a week or two before needing to deploy them.

Thanks, I actually had no idea about any of that.  If anyone has anything else that would be helpful, please let me know.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 01, 2019, 10:49:43 am »

I never noticed this training switch button in the Hands menu , thanks for pointing that !
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 10:53:50 am by Robsoie »

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 01, 2019, 10:59:36 am »

If anyone has anything else that would be helpful, please let me know.

Uh, lemme think. There's always the "you can pre-prime grenades by right-clicking them during mission prep" or "you can dis/enable individual craft weapons during an interception by clicking their icons". Neither of those are super-obscure but having not known them was super-annoying after I found out.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 01, 2019, 03:26:41 pm »

While you're in night vision mode (key Scroll Lock by default) from time to time press SPACE to temporarly disable it so you can check if you're going into a place that isn't in the dark.
It's important because after some shooting some location can be on fire, making a sometime large  area around said fire becoming full of light while previously dark, and if a Gal (or an enemy as it can play in your advantage) is somewhere in a light area, anyone can see her regardless of distance (only hard cover will still hide the character) as if it was plain day.

Making said gal the obvious target of many enemies that may be still beyond your NV range

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 02, 2019, 03:21:24 am »

About this: I was striving for the Dojo so I could give theoretical peasant recruits Militia training, which boosts their accuracy to a competitive level (though not their strength).  But unless I'm drunker than I thought, the Dojo isn't even required for that Militia training.

So...
(by the way I'm deep in my wine moonshine)
You proll'y want to send peasants through the lengthy militia training.  Proside:  You can play up to two months *if you want*. I did about 25 days before I had to abdicate, the rules are 1-2 months.

But either way, please name us some of us as your pawns.  "Rolling Sevens" if you like.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 02, 2019, 10:18:22 am »

About this: I was striving for the Dojo so I could give theoretical peasant recruits Militia training, which boosts their accuracy to a competitive level (though not their strength).  But unless I'm drunker than I thought, the Dojo isn't even required for that Militia training.

So...
(by the way I'm deep in my wine moonshine)
You proll'y want to send peasants through the lengthy militia training.  Proside:  You can play up to two months *if you want*. I did about 25 days before I had to abdicate, the rules are 1-2 months.

But either way, please name us some of us as your pawns.  "Rolling Sevens" if you like.

Will do, I was wondering if and how you folk wanted to be represented.  I guess anybody that was named is now dead, so its time for successors.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 02, 2019, 10:52:24 am »

On my turn i just hired a new peasant and renamed to my Robsoie nickname (i think this one died on someone else turn) so it's not important when that one is lost.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 02, 2019, 10:55:15 am »

But unless I'm drunker than I thought, the Dojo isn't even required for that Militia training.

Militia Training just takes the tech, IIRC. Shakeup takes some tech (can't remember what - maybe Young Uber), 10 Moonshine, and 2 Ropes... plus an Extractor, I think? Gladiator takes some similarly-named tech, a minimum of certain stats, and a Beast Den. Only Training-training takes a Dojo/Onsen/etc.

Oh. And since the training time is achieved by injury, having healing facilities will speed up training, possibly a lot. With the 66-day gladiator training, that's particularly important.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 10:58:51 am by E. Albright »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 02, 2019, 10:57:42 am »

simple dojo training seems efficient for peasants, as i have a scarab with machineguns that i had 3 peasants hired to pilot it, the task was to take down very small or small ship (and when ambitious trying to attack medium ones) .
Originally they always missed nearly all their shots, but after months of dojo training, they're very efficient at their job, enabling my Gals to assault downed ships a lot each months.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 02, 2019, 11:00:45 am »

The Dojo training is great but you have to do it for months. The Militia Training gives them a risk-free boost equal to what a Dojo would take months to impart for 14d or less out of action. And there's no limit to how many you can run through Militia Training at once. Even if they're gonna do Dojo training, doing Militia first would seriously speed up the process.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 11:02:48 am by E. Albright »

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 02, 2019, 11:50:28 am »

Will do, I was wondering if and how you folk wanted to be represented.  I guess anybody that was named is now dead, so its time for successors.

Replace the name but not the title (Stabbin' or whatever) with our Forum name?

Then skill me up and use me as part of a base garrison where you're training newbies. That should maximize the chances of Iduno dying during a base defense.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 02, 2019, 12:30:45 pm »

Replace the name but not the title (Stabbin' or whatever) with our Forum name?

Then skill me up and use me as part of a base garrison where you're training newbies. That should maximize the chances of Iduno dying during a base defense.

I'll have to look at where we are with Slave Soldiers, but they are typically my go-to base garrison force on Gal games.  They're not common enough to throw away like Peasants, they can actually use some armor, weapons, and have stats, and they are strictly inferior to a Gal for missions.  And they cost the barest funds, so keeping them at base forever is a pretty good idea.

But if you prefer a Peasant or Gal, that is ok too.

I'm also sure that I'm going to name a dog Rolan7, in honor of his glorious base defenses.

I would like to name a Mutant Alliance Advisor E. Albright, but I doubt I'll have one.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 02, 2019, 12:54:07 pm »

I'm also sure that I'm going to name a dog Rolan7, in honor of their glorious base defenses.
ftfy
And haha being a named dog sounds great, though even the named ones die real easily.  I'll probably work on getting bloodhounds when my turn comes around, if we don't have them already, their front armor helps a lot.

(named ones do count as soldiers for barracks space is the main issue, but it's an interesting trade-off).
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 29