Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 29

Author Topic: X-piratez succession game  (Read 73712 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: X-piratez succession game
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2019, 12:00:06 pm »

I'm not opposed to you guys starting a new game if trying to continue with the current situation isn't appealing for you.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2019, 04:39:27 pm »

I'm home. Enjoy.

Huh. I always opened money bags and bags of cash before, and never sold any. We also have some weapons that are usable, and a stockpile of black powder bombs. The game is probably salvagable.

Oh, and with that last showing, I'll let someone else take the lead.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 04:46:41 pm by Iduno »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2019, 05:17:50 pm »

I've got some ideas, some crazy.  I'll play through the rest of April, then May and June unless something comes up.  This might not be as bad as I thought, though.
(I say, despite never playing ironman before...)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2019, 05:49:20 pm »

If we continue, i think on the short term (before being able to afford expensive transport) maybe aiming for expeditions could be a good idea, the research is already available in the list on Iduno last save, the expedition ship is very cheap to buy in the market after the research unlock it.

Sure it's slow (so not really going to reach a landed ufo before it take off), but for temple raiding it could still be usefull for making money as its refuel range is very very big, at least until we have enough to purchase a new airbus.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2019, 06:08:00 pm »

Depending on what you sell (everything except tiny drill and menacing hull is ~2 million dolaroos), you should be able to afford something nice. Possibly even people to fill the ship. Peasants are like the base X-com game, except you're outnumbered, and sometimes it's a bunch of zombies.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2019, 06:36:12 pm »

Only selling the chips, bags and purses it looks like there's a bit more than 1 million just waiting in the vaults on that save, very nice money making indeed no problem for something better than expedition (airspeeder/aircar/airvan/blowfish are available as soon as researching "gals are superiors" -> "have a party" -> "contact car thieves" from that saved game, probably less than half a week if focusing all the brainers of that)

« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 06:38:25 pm by Robsoie »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2019, 08:01:10 pm »

If we continue, i think on the short term (before being able to afford expensive transport) maybe aiming for expeditions could be a good idea, the research is already available in the list on Iduno last save, the expedition ship is very cheap to buy in the market after the research unlock it.

Sure it's slow (so not really going to reach a landed ufo before it take off), but for temple raiding it could still be usefull for making money as its refuel range is very very big, at least until we have enough to purchase a new airbus.
Heh, you guessed what I had in mind ;D
...Why did imgur put the images in a random order, why can't I sort by filename ohnoooo I really went overboard
Oh wow postimages works a *lot* better, I can even just edit the screenshot number in each link.  ...OHNO that doesn't actually work, argh why!

Mmph, my head...  Where's the soycaf in this joint?  Ah, here we go. 
*sluuurp*
Where the hell is everyone?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Alright, I uh... guess I'm captain now.  A captain without a bus, but our secret lair is pretty cool.

At least we've got brainers, oooh do we have brainers.  Half of them spend their time listing the reasons we're great, and insisting that the away team will be back "any day now".  uh-huh.  The rest are gluing ratskins to their clothes or listening to tales of "Your sin cat".

Yeah, uh... we need a way to leave the base.  I don't care if we have to walk, make it happen.

Oh gods where are all the runts?  ...In the cave???  I like shiny rocks too, but I like grog more.

Okay, let's get to work.

Spoiler: ...ew (click to show/hide)

One of the "nurses" informed us that our juicebags are actually saline.  As if we didn't know that, duhhh.

More importantly we found a dog kennel in Jacktown!  Cats are superior, but I have to admit dogs make better soldiers.

This called for a party!  I can't really describe it, mostly because I blacked out, but let's just say I think it helped smooth things over with Jackstown.

According to that working girl we rescued, diamonds are "a girl's best friend".  And "worth a whole lot of money".

Another nurse warned us that if we keep shooting down ships, the Academy will "crackdown" on us.  I told her that we shot down a hundred ships yesterday.  I think she bought it.

Spoiler: Sorry ): (click to show/hide)

We found a "holdout pistol" on a nurse.  We also found "exquisite lingerie" on a working girl.  Remarkably similar techniques.

Spoiler: This is fine!!! (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: OHGODSOHGODS (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: See, told ya (click to show/hide)
Okay so rash decisions were made, but in my defence we really do need this money to hire more meatshields peasants.
Also I ordered construction of a barracks because we need more runts *and* enough warm bodies to overwhelm our foes.

Also walking sucks, actually, what else you got?
Spoiler: hell yes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: let's do this (click to show/hide)

So that's April done.  Started May by ordering up the bikes, 5 hands, 20 peasants, and 1 runt just to top off the living space.  This has been fun, buuut I've kinda been stalling I guess, since I'm pretty sure I'm not a good commander.  But who needs doubts when I've got grog, right?  Haa...

(I definitely overdid it with the images though, jeez.  Sorry XD  I haven't done this sort of thing in a while.  Gonna speed things up going forward...)
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2019, 03:34:25 am »

I learned nothing  :'(
Tempted to record video next time, even censoring the bits might be easier than these stupid screenshots.  Maybe.  Or I could just use less screenshots :o
I was going to move a lot of the text into the spoiler tags again, but f that I'm going to bed
I feel like I did this very wrong (the screenshotting/commentary that is) but I honestly had fun so

The brainers have decided I'm insane, and not "the fun kind".  (I was working towards an onsen, but then realized we're not that far away from recruiting Warriors.  I'm glad we can research radar without, uh, having one XD)

Went on a recruitment trip to Jackstown.  5 superior gals, a score of peasants, and a cute runt.  I also hired a team of explorers to survey the continent a bit.  35k for 40 days, not too bad, and they promise to sing our praises along the road.

Valuable coins are valuable, who'da thunkit?  Especially to the banking... goblins.

A brainer got hungry and suggested we go out monster hunting sometime.  No wonder we pay them the big bucks.  We also studied the dismantled radar, just in case we want to rebuild it someday.  Aheh.

Still no sign of Idunno...  Where could they be???

Apparently the seas still carry piracy of a different sort
Note to self:  Don't get hurt
Is this what we've been reduced to?
Wait, where are the new recruits?  It's the 5th, shouldn't they be here- I didn't actually hire them??  That's it, I'm giving up grog!  Not really but I probably should!

Uhhhhh no no this is fine!  Nina, grab a backpack, you're going for a walk.
...No we're not kicking you out, this is an important mission!  Okay fine, Hairy Spike will go with you.  You big baby.  (Expeditions have 2 "pilots" minimum heh).
Delay a few hours, then... off you go. 
Let's hope they can't reach Sri Lanka by foot in 41 hours, because I did not arm them.

Brainers figured out how to make this replacement radar.  Tiny range but comes with some nice, oddly warm bunks.  Tempting.  Though we actually get better radar (750) from walking outside...  Who needs technology with uber-eyeballs?

Are they SWIMMING??

...I only read it for the VooDoo!

YES!  They were getting pretty close.
The ubers are still a few days out, but I'm sure you girls will do fine.  Grab some gear and let's ride!  Dammit I should have made you militia outfits, no time now though.
Oh jeez we need more handles... and bandages... and guns, but these crappy handguns will do against rats.  Got some shotguns anyway.  And hey, the one situation where pocket las are useful!

Bzz Nina, do you copy?  Yeah uh head back home, thanks
what a clusterf
Immediately a near casualty, as a rat survives a shotgun blast
...Another rat manages to "push the shotgun aside", mega-killing another peasant.  Frigg's sake, people.
One down and two bleeding out, only 5 bandages to go around - AGH could you HIT with the longsword, please??  SMG-gal would fire but fears the rat's "ninja powers".
Three gals wiffed all melee attacks, finally did this.  Missed the girls, got the rat though.
Welp there goes Miss Belle, and both bandages we slapped on her
Her nearly dead companion Miss "Hangman" wiffs three times, because of course.  Starting to think it's shotguns or nothing here.  And friendly fire is becoming less of a concern by the second.
We have 2 bandages.  Triage identifies you as "bait"
What do you mean you can't see in the dark??
Valerie Despacito finally gets a reaction shot, only to miss entirely with her shotgun.  There's... only 4 gals left, soon to be 3.
No, Lara Grayjoy pulls off the clutch win!  Tanks a rat bite without damage (wowzers) and fries its head off!  Valerie will live to take up a bunk!
Oh no, a Critter Awareness Teammember died.  Also: oh gods we're so screwed
Lara Grayjoy MVP.  Tess... WTF, Tess?
L-look, technically we made a profit!  (I did not sell everything)
Oh huh, Lara Grayjoy was also the one who accidentally a murder.  Eh, I blame the rats.

(I love this report)
Do the bikes unfold into jetskis?
Some general supplies, maybe a bit much but we've got dosh
Interesting alternative to walking, but slower than bikes and costs fuel (chemicals)
Oh joy, a temple raid right next door!  Ideal!
Oh, Nina Churchland crossed the ocean by becoming a deep one I see
Nice positioning!
Gal on left: fires pocket las once, misses
Altar boy: Reaction fires into the ground, the gal next to him, the gal on the left, then the gal next to him *again*.  Adjacent gal took 1 damage, gal who was hit once took 20 and 3 wounds.  RNG~~
Oh hello mr shotgun
Wow I didn't think that molotov would reach, yay high ceilings
I like using the pillars as cover
stupid corners
Wow, after 3 turns on fire the priest casually flamer'd a gal.  That's some impressive willpower.  She'll... probably live?  Panicked immediately of course, staying in the fire, so maybe not.
Dammit two clubbings to the back of the head and he's still up!
He turned and flamed her directly, killing her and himself as well.  What a nutjob.  And there's someone I missed, apparently, so Lucy Shea is gonna burn to death too.

Yep.  And I guess I missed 3 people, because I got a sharp guy and another altar boy.  The altar boy tried to handle Coconut Monkey... cute.  She gotten a lot of KOs with that shield this battle.

Argh, a shrine maiden down and there's *still* someone out there!  I'd been taking uber nightvision for granted.  The peasants are also panicking almost constantly, guess they're scared of the dark.

Today I learned that a berserk peasant will throw molotovs.  No one was harmed, this time.

Two altar boys and a savvy gal were hiding in the dang corner!  A gal charged into melee, but got shot dead regardless.  Probably because she wasn't skilled at melee.  Shot them dead... one of them took 6 las shots though :/
ARGH STOP RUNNING YOU'RE SURROUNDED
FINALLY
One of the acolytes killed enough with a shotgun, and I guess the priest killed himself with "friendly fire", hence the 4 kills and 6 dead heh.  Doesn't look impressive, but the 7 hostages will pay off, and the loot was pretty good.  Oh and they honed their skills a *lot*, forgot to record that.  Almost everyone is more brave now.

White Shamblers are big and strong, thanks doc.  At least we can butcher them now.
tell us your secrets
Our names are superior

Made some handles and molotovs- oh right, we need cute sailor outfits and militia garb!

Altar boy: Did you know you can loot stuff when you win fights?
Us: You realize four of us died capturing you?

Another temple raid!  In... Australia The Death Realms?  I'm pretty sure the bus wouldn't have been able to make it.  Fortunately we have bikes!

Dreadlock Constrictor has 11 strength.  Grog dammit, she can't even carry the barbarian shield.  We need warrior recruitment yesterday...

Oh jeez this trip is going to take like a week.  Dogs!  We need dogs for base defense!

RIP Dreadlock Constrictor.  You couldn't hold a shield, so you got oneshot around a blind corner.
It's a lot easier to hunt in the bright desert sun!  Damned hot, though.
Ohai random acolyte, we don't feel like firing on you for some reason so feel free to down two peasants with two bullets.  Sweet dreams bucko!

Lara Grayjoy handles the priest and a sharp guy, totally forgiven for that murder thing.

Mysterious explosion in the balcony, none of were hurt.  Don't play with fire, dummies!
I'm pretty pleased with this (:
Behold, the beginnings of competence
Why would we ever need two prisons, I said.
Nice ransom, though I'd rather get it in blue chips...
The voodoo who do what you don't dare to
Huh, apparently we haven't found any young ubers yet, so we can't research The Most Common Superpower for now.  Onsen, so close but so far.
B-boy told us about his supplier
Okay yes, I let the sharp guys go, but look what we got in exchange!
Shrine maiden told us about "charming" people.  The church is so strange.

Barracks finally finished, which means more runts soon!  Gotta maximize that grog production :D  Also room for more recruits, as soon as we convince some actual warriors to talk to us.

Giant cockroach skin is apparently "chitin" and one brainer things we should cover ourselves in it.
One of the hoes had a strange suggestion, not sure how I feel about it
Tough guy talked about his homeland.  Sounds awful.

...Okay, another temple raid, but this time someone's paying us for it!  Moving on up in the world!  Should be less well defended, but we have to be discrete on the approach.  We were already pretty discrete...  But the barbarian shields stay home this time.

Nice of him to walk out the front door!
Pretty straightforward
Water Tarantula got surprised by a tough gal with a shotgun, though.  Was over in an instant.  On the plus side, lots of shiny coins!
A watchtower!  I feel like the game is being nice (:
EZ PZ, 4 hostages and no complications (aside from dragging a GO away from the door before we asploded it).  Not much reward either of course.
This'll be nice... someday, when we have 10 medical supplies
This is good, but we only have a dozen apples for now
We figured out that "rare earth elements" help us feel better outside the zones.  That's nice I guess, but why would we want to leave the zones?  They're so cozy and "warm".
This is much more fun!
And THIS is MUCH more useful!  oof, 100k each though.
At least they come with a bit of armor.
A neophyte showed us how to use his glowy doodad to play "Tetris".  Productivity is plummeting.  On the bright side, we can read people's "emails" off such "computers" for potentially useful data.  It's like interrogating someone twice!
Savvy girl told us some people sign documents with rings.  I think she's broken.
We also figured out what that "wrench" I bought is for:  bonking heads and stripping armor.  And some runt stuff I guess, they swear they learned something important for "later".
Tough gal told us a horror story about "deep ones", lizard people who attack jetskis.  Suuuuure.
B-boy showed us some more "consumer goods".  How decadent, but valuable.
An altar boy disappeared, and I got this explanation.  Uhmmm O_o
A working girl showed us, uh, a charm technique.  But apparently we have to dress ridiculously in order to use it.
lmao
A gal taught us about the Death Realms.  Thanks, we've been.  Gravball sounds fun though.

Nothing much going on, so we invented Gymnastics to pass the time.  It's a sport where you punch a guy named Gym, but you can't use weapons.
General Operators (sometimes named Gym)
He told us that it's easier to build facilities "over" old ones, instead of digging entirely new rooms.  Brilliant advice, Gym, let's play a game.
We need craft weapons!  And craft!

Well, it's been an interesting month.  Maybe.  It started pretty crazy, but we really we just knocked over some stargod-bootlickers and road bikes.
We're making good progress towards... uh, a lot of things
Specifically we're not far from a dojo, which would really help these peasants get some baseline skill.  Though it wouldn't increase their strength at all.
Still no sign of Idunno, hope they're okay.  I've started making my own moonshine, though.  Got a bit bored of grog.
I can't believe we're fricking alive
Someone take this stupid hat, I need a drink.

Yeah uh I'm fine with only one month in retrospect XD
I urge whomever's next to not take 61 screenshots, learn from my mistakes
Oh dangit I need to upload the save.  Uh... oh, zip it, okay: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14460
Ironman is kinda exhilarating I suppose, at least for these early months.
And yes I dorfed myself and Idunno as runts, seemed the safest option at least for now :P
Good luck Robsoie!
She/they

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2019, 09:20:57 am »

It seems the Gals decided to try democracy, unfortunately they will learn quickly that it is not a flawless system at all in a pirate group, as their new incompetent captain will soon enough show them.

Here comes the time of the Captain Robsoie leading the group, a peasant that was entirely unremarkable making the election very suspicious, a reign that the brainers qualified as a complete mistake on the 2nd day of the new captain era.

The brainers while despairing at the new direction still were "working" on the prisonners, lots of horrible screaming were heard in the night but the Gals had became used to that.

We learned about the
Theban Hive
 from a not-so-Though Girl, that place sounded like a mostly desert country

you know that's the country that is right south of our base, where it's hot.

Meanwhile the cave hunters came back with some food

Just in time for the brainers to get it as they came back with completing their research of
Personnal Database
Social Hierarchy
that probably made them hungrier than usual for some reason.

Probably explaining why they decided to interrogate the Sirius priest after that, poor bugger.

And joy started to spread because we finally got a radio call from some vehicle honest business
Contact Car Thieves

Hmm, maybe time to either replace the expedition with something faster to transport people, or get a fast attack super weak ship or something else.
Decision, decision ! ... that the Captain Robsoie decided to postpone as usual until he forgot about it.

Later the Gals talked between themselves about how that mad captain wanted to build another hangar instead of selling the expedition, the thing would have made the place impossible to defend in case of invasion due to vastly increased amount of entry points.

Anyways, for some reason known only to the captain, we went with an airspeeder, apparently the Captain Robsoie was heard at night when planning stuff crying and saying things like "shoot them down !".
It wasn't a surprise that the Captain insisted to pilot the thing.
None had the heart to tell the cap that there was no weapon or missile available, but Robsoie seemed so happy.

Fortunately the brainers came with a new idea for missions that didn't had to use the airspeeder
!Underground Missions!

In his dying breath a G.O. told the brainers some information about repairing ships
The runts already knew that but thanked the brainers for the intention anyways.

Then we got news about preppers, the captain Robsoie immediately ordered the Gals to get there, the reason was not really greed but curiosity as the cap never heard about this before

The gals weren't really happy, because you know what they say about curiosity ...

Anyways, it was on the Nordfederation, and we had the bikes.

The Captain Robsoie wasn't part of it, the airspeeder instead was intercepting a small ufo
You can imagine the captain despair when he decided to attack it and notice there wasn't any weapon aboard.
At least he tailed the ufo for a while until the ship decided to fly to space.

A disapointed captain came back to the base telling the gals that his airspeeder nearly destroyed an enemy ship.

Anyways, back into the Nordfederation territory, the Gals were ready, it was night

The preppers had guns, but it didn't impressed the Gals much

the small UFO was back and the captain was tailing it again until it landed.
The Captain Robsoie decided to not assault it, not only because the cap was all alone but forgot his weapons at home, what a shame.

The small UFO didn't stayed long enough for the bikes to go home and back to it unfortunately.
Fortunately the brainers had some good news that were a delight for the Gals interested in melee
Swimsuit Design
As it taught the runt to finally manufacture swimsuits, that gives a nice bonus to TU

And the brainers also brought more good news, we got a call from honest traders
Contact Smugglers
Meaning more stuff to buy in the market !
Minecraft
So they can play mining game ! huh, oh that's just mining stuff enabling for more research like the Large Vault that will be usefull at some point.

Oh and the Sirius priest gave us an information of probably extreme importance for someone somewhere

Yeah, but we need more Uber Gals , and it's great that we finally got words about one of them being kept in a red lantern villa
To the rescue Gals !

Still night, hopefully will help to avoid losing gals

one of the peasant(Alice Stilberg) got shot to unconsciousness quickly by an enemy woman, that got killed the turn after by another of our peasant.
Sadly during the battle Alice Stilberg died from the wounds, and we lost an Uber ( Hairy Spike ) to some stupidly lucky shot from a guy that went insane that unloaded his automatic with all shots landing on the Uber despite the long range.
Man my legendary bad luck strikes again, just a turn before the end

We rescued an Uber and lost one, at least there's some money and training made out of this.
Oh and
Warrior Armor
finally got researched, we'll need more scrap metal to manufacture those.
The brainers weren't lazy and discovered
!Neophyte Boot Camp!
Adn the details of the very excellent
Swimsuit

Later we ignored a rodeo and got a troublemaker got beaten to death while telling us
while a tough girl was thrown to the sharks while screaming information about Fuso
That made the brainer hope they could contact them

A bounty hunt note showed up, and the greedy Gals immediately jumped on the occasion to make money, the target was a Sharp Guy in some crackhouse, but he had some gang protecting him, so it wouldn't be easy
It was day for once, meaning probably lot of casualties for the gals unfortunately.

Surprisingly we lost none, got a couple of minor wounds though, nothing bandages couldn't fix

We also learned about
Double Barreled Shotguns
HE Grenades
And the brainers got an idea, how about
!Toppling Towers!

A ruffian walked the plank and while drowning told us about Megapol
And the brainers decided to party after coming with the design for a
Large Vault
Incendiary Grenade

Captain Robsoie got happy as he finally had some missiles added to the airspeeder and 2 suicidal gals to go with him in that flying cursed ship.
Unable to figure out where to build the big vault, the Captain Robsoie just forgot about it and ordered the raid of a temple of sirius instead at night time

During the battle a peasant got killed, so much for trying to knock out everyone... but at least that was the only killed

A Ruffian told us details about giant rats while losing his arm, for this useless info he lost the other one too.
A Though Guy spilled the bean, and his guts, about
Confederate Eagle

It got the brainers so happy that they elaborated their theory about
Soldier Peasant
Ballistics
Heavy Shotguns
Protective Gear

And got a call from the land of Fuso, that allowed us to purchase some of their ninja weaponry.

It was a calm end of the month , we have 2 bounty hunting notes that popped up but the Captain Robsoie was too busy moving out of the Captain quarters as the gals had enough of his incompetence and ridiculous decisions.
They then decided to choose someone else to lead them to glory.

I tried to refrain myself to take too much of them according to Rolan7 advice with "only" 37 but if there's a next time i'll take a lot less screenshots, still too much as it took me more time upload/crop than actually playing :/

edit : (oh and don't hesitate to sell the airspeeder or remove the Captain from "my" peasant, i just forgot to do it before uploading the save)

Good luck Rince Wind !
file :
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14461
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 09:33:04 am by Robsoie »

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2019, 09:21:39 am »

Specifically we're not far from a dojo, which would really help these peasants get some baseline skill.  Though it wouldn't increase their strength at all.

Carrying close to (or at) carrying capacity in missions increases strength, which helps with melee. I assume that's what Rocks (and ol' revolvers) are for.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2019, 09:28:48 am »

Just one month? Okay.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2019, 09:36:41 am »

the screenshot/crop/upload hell killed my enthousiasm of doing a 2nd month on a row, so 1 month it will be.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2019, 09:37:29 am »

So, it's MCreeper and me again? Time for more of this (with a cinnamon stick).

Although it will be a pain playing with peasants again. My personal save is in April with a dozen or so uber gals, half of them uninjured at any given time.

the screenshot/crop/upload hell killed my enthusiasm of doing a 2nd month on a row, so 1 month it will be.

Fullscreen and F12 makes that way better, no cropping needed at least. But uploading them, copying the location, and pasting them in a spoilered image tag (each individually) takes some time. Then again, I posted very few pictures (I'll try to get better). Kinda wish there was a day end research results screen when you actually learned more than one thing (B-boy taught you about beer, nurse taught you about medical supplies, and you know how to make flintlocks now).
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 09:59:32 am by Iduno »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2019, 10:33:06 am »

Sweet, thanks for getting the turn done so fast Robsoie!  A very solid month, with very few losses and strong score.  I'm noticing a downside of the bikes is that it's hard to guarantee night missions, but we both got pretty fortunate!  Thanks for doing all that cropping.

I'd consider hiring workers instead of building large vaults, I picked Minecraft for other stuff (IDK what exactly, but Large Barracks are excellent).

I haven't faced any Preppers yet :o  I picture them like Spartans but with less armor, probably.  In Male Touch you seem to work with them, they give a free box and some advice!

And yay, Idunno made it out of the caverns with a bounty of meat :P  No rare earth elements after all that, but we can purchase them from the market now. 

Carrying close to (or at) carrying capacity in missions increases strength, which helps with melee. I assume that's what Rocks (and ol' revolvers) are for.
I used to think this but it's a misconception.  Strength is a secondary stat like health/TU/stamina, so it gets an increase if the soldier took any meaningful action during the battle, like landing a hit.  (It's like vanilla that way)

IDK why, but normal base training doesn't advance strength.  Sucks when you just want the peasants to carry a standard kit.  I think the "militia training"/"shakeup ceremony"/gladiator actions increase strength, at the cost of wounding the soldier for a while.  Definitely worth it when you have all the medical buildings, and the gladiator fights even pay *you* for giving a very significant stat boost.  Pretty late tech though.

I think rocks are a joke weapon :P
So, it's MCreeper and me again? Time for more of this (with a cinnamon stick).
WoOhoO!
Although it will be a pain playing with peasants again. My personal save is in April with a dozen or so uber gals, half of them uninjured at any given time.
We do have warriors available to hire!  I held off, but their minimum stats are quite decent and warrior armor is better than nothing (well, advanced players sometimes argue its stat maluses make it useless, but they're the kind that use pathing exploits and camping to never get shot at).  I'm pretty sure our economy can handle several!
the screenshot/crop/upload hell killed my enthusiasm of doing a 2nd month on a row, so 1 month it will be.

Fullscreen and F12 makes that way better, no cropping needed at least. But uploading them, copying the location, and pasting them in a spoilered image tag (each individually) takes some time. Then again, I posted very few pictures (I'll try to get better). Kinda wish there was a day end research results screen when you actually learned more than one thing (B-boy taught you about beer, nurse taught you about medical supplies, and you know how to make flintlocks now).
With Postimage.org I was copying over the img links into my text document, then did a couple of find-replace to add the spoiler tags around them.  Putting the "captions" in the spoiler tags got to be too much though.

Edit: Oh and postimage had an option to resize all the images to 640x480, which I did.  I play at 1024x768, for the first post I used find-replace to set all the img widths to 800.  I think 640x480 is better for the forum.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 10:35:14 am by Rolan7 »
She/they

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2019, 10:41:25 am »

What's up with preppers, by the way? In my game i just got around 16 baseline spartan scouts so far. Those look diffirent.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 29