Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 29

Author Topic: X-piratez succession game  (Read 74848 times)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: X-piratez succession game
« Reply #300 on: September 04, 2019, 08:50:54 pm »

The new version doesn't add anything, and it breaks some research. It's less jarring than need for personal labs (haha! 4 of your brainers are now unusable for several months!).

I would wait.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 05, 2019, 10:00:17 am »

Yeah, i think it's wiser to wait for the fixes in case it may break the succession game save at some point.

Hopefully EuchreJack hasn't started his turn with the new version.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 05, 2019, 11:55:08 am »

Oh, there is no chance I'll be doing anything this week.  Might be best to skip me, either by one player or one cycle.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 05, 2019, 03:23:57 pm »

Oh, there is no chance I'll be doing anything this week.  Might be best to skip me, either by one player or one cycle.

Robsoie next then, and depending on when EuchreJack checks back in we can figure out the next person?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 05, 2019, 03:44:44 pm »

Ok i take the save, i'll still use J16.

edit : oh boy i'm completely lost in the amount of stuff we have and how previous players are equipping their gals :D
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 04:26:56 pm by Robsoie »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 05, 2019, 04:48:01 pm »

I rearranged equipment quite a bit, and switched people to and from underwater missions, not to mention putting wounded gals is basic clothing to use their armor...  So yeah it's just a senseless mess, feel free to change it all :P

And I support sticking with J16 for now too, though space missions will still be bugged if we don't make the edit to the ruleset.
Quote from: The fix
DioxineYesterday at 10:48
there is no quick fix.... well maybe the quickest would be disabling the enviro damage in space
- type: STR_ENVIRO_SPACE
    paletteTransformations:
      PAL_BATTLESCAPE: PAL_DGOOD_SPACE
    environmentalConditions:
      STR_FRIENDLY:
        chancePerTurn: 100
        firstTurn: 2
        lastTurn: 1000
        color: 205
        weaponOrAmmo: "AURA_COLD_DEADLY"
        side: 4
        bodyPart: 1
find that in Piratez_Planet.rul and delete the whole 'environmentalConditions' block
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 05, 2019, 04:54:04 pm »

My .rul is updated, I don't know about yours. ;)
(Ok, it also has another update, but that shouldn't matter right now, or for a good long while.)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 05, 2019, 05:11:10 pm »

I have the updated rul file so no problem and i'm not going to space anyways on my month turn :D
For the equipment, it's more about that it's funny to see how other players play style can differ from your own and what weaponry they prefer to use.

Oh and that from the missions we're getting it looks like the succession game is more advanced than my own saves, so i'm in unknown territory there, i just hope i will not screw up everything .
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 05:13:12 pm by Robsoie »

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 05, 2019, 07:53:21 pm »

i just hope i will not screw up everything.

You wouldn't be the first. If something is too armored, use electricity or laser for their armor-ignoring powers.

Advice (that applies to the majority of the game anyway): Cattle Prod works against most things, but is 2-handed. Resistances are on the wiki, and should be accurate still. Hopefully gals are all trained well enough that you can walk up next to an enemy to mess up their aim (but it takes 9 stamina, so don't run too much if you can help it). And chase down enemies if you can/want (do we still have the 400 speed thing that can only chase harvesters, extractors, and slower buildings?), because most ships land. I'm pretty sure we can't handle bases yet. If you can capture academy drones with electricity damage (it also ignores the immune to stun tag), you can disassemble them for more superconductive wire, so we can make more chainmail. Plus, they take up beast den space instead of prisons, so there's not as much worry about running out of space.

I rearranged equipment quite a bit, and switched people to and from underwater missions, not to mention putting wounded gals is basic clothing to use their armor...  So yeah it's just a senseless mess, feel free to change it all :P

Also, we should probably be keeping the gals back at base armored, in case they need to defend the base.

Related: What does anyone have their defend base health percentage set at?

Edit: How close are we to the Dr. X missions? We should be able to/have done the first one, which is a lot of fun if you've trained melee well, and a LOT of loot/hostages. Sure, enemies might get back up after getting punched out (you're unarmed), but also you're several floors away from them by then.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 07:57:54 pm by Iduno »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 05, 2019, 09:34:44 pm »

Is there a reason to not fence all those thousands of chips (out of the blue ones of course as it's the ones used to spin the wheel) i see in the vaults ?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 05, 2019, 10:31:20 pm »

Chip "forging", once we have a mint, is a bit strange.  It actually converts higher-level chips into loads of lower-level ones (at a profit, of course).

So yeah, eventually those chips will become incredible numbers of bluechips!  It'll be a long time for the gold and obsidian chips though, so I'd understand selling those if you like.

Re: Armored defenders, yeah armor was getting less scarce thanks to the tac-vests gambling grants, and I constructed a few more chainmail.  But we also have a big pile of aqua plastic and IIRC we now have the tech to make tac vests ourselves!  Which is a fine investment since they can be upgraded into tac suits, soon, presumably by gluing more plastic bitz on.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 06, 2019, 05:21:35 am »

I had no idea about the chips, as i'm not that far in my personnal saves.
So i wasn't sure if they were kept in the vault like that because somewhere down the research line there would be a new use for them other than money.

About chainmails, after a mission i just finished in that first week of the save i have a new found appreciation for chainmail after seeing the amount of bullets punishment some Gals recieved in a bandit town without getting a single wound.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 06, 2019, 09:38:16 am »

Oh I also remembered:  In the fencing screen you can right click items to see if there are any manufacturing uses - even if we haven't researched them yet, in which case they're ***'d out!  That way you can tell what's safe to sell.

...mostly.  Industrial  Scanners and Surgery Units are important for making base facilities.  Other than that though it's pretty reliable.
She/they

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 06, 2019, 12:11:10 pm »

Thanks, it helped as during my play in completing my first week i am going through "too many items" for the vaults, when right clicking i can now have a better idea on what is safe to sell.

Should i make a large vault in place of the empty plantation to get rid of the small vault space we currently have in Queen Teuta ?

There's a research available " *Stop Targeting Civilian Traffic* " that apparently disable civilians ships from appearing in the radar so you can only focus on enemy ships , it lead to further usefull research of course (on seems to disable pogroms entirely) but i am wondering, is it triggering something nasty too ? a bit like the mutant alliance force you to fight in pogroms or get nasty malus in score ?

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 06, 2019, 12:46:00 pm »

I wouldn't put a large vault into Teuta, the later armored vault is better, we can always sell stuff and hire more slaves to increase available space.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 29