Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 29

Author Topic: X-piratez succession game  (Read 73719 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: X-piratez succession game
« Reply #315 on: September 06, 2019, 12:48:36 pm »

I, personally, would probably save that plantation to make a Large Barracks.  A Large Vaults is valid too (and provides workspace, as of J16!) but it's a good spot for barracks, and a lot more space-efficient than those individual barracks.

To solve the space issue I'd suggest purchasing Workers!  They do charge per month, but they provide considerable space each so I've found them to be worthwhile (particularly in my no-slavery play).  They also arrive after a mere hour, so it's instant relief.

*Stop Targeting Civilian Traffic* is perfectly safe AFAIK, though maybe the civilians are "displacing" real craft-missions by the factions.  It actually gives a sizeable score BONUS, and really unclutters the radar since those civilians aren't really worth harassing anymore.  I partly left it so someone else could get the score bonus ;D

I wouldn't put a large vault into Teuta, the later armored vault is better, we can always sell stuff and hire more slaves to increase available space.
Agreeing with this since I caused a pageroll (though we hire workers, not slaves! DX)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 06, 2019, 12:59:50 pm »

Again, luxury barracks are better, but quite far off I think.

Workers would be instant even if they arrived after a month, as the space is granted/taken away at the moment of purchase. Otherwise you would be able to buy more than can fit in the vaults.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 06, 2019, 01:15:50 pm »

Building the Bonaventura would also save a massive amount of space, and we'd have a good transport. It takes 10,000 runt-hours, but it's a pretty good ship. I think we've still got 3 ship engines, so we could research one if we need to and still have a hunter-killer.

Also, consider how many copies of a single weapon we really need, and maybe 5x that many clips.

We should have Heavy-Duty construction being researched by now, right? So we could be armored vaults pretty soon?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 06, 2019, 04:09:42 pm »

Ok, i'll save the plantation area for later, or leave it to the next in line in case i still don't have access to the good stuff.
I sold a bunch of things that seems to have no use (or weapons and related ammo that are way obselete in comparison to current weaponry we use)

May Week 1

The Gals are bored.
And you know what happens when the Gals are bored ?
They do something stupid.

Expendable Robsoie new attempt at taking over has been ... accepted ?
When i said they were going to do something stupid...

First thing first, the money, there are a lot of money, this is the best according to the new leader.
Second thing then, we have more ships and a new base since our leader last attempt at ruling something.

So we're good apparently ... apparently because we remember we went at the edge of a horrible disaster last time the boss and her odd obsession with explosives went in the way.

The boss asks us what is going on with the radar, only to notice that Shi Singh 2nd has no radar.
So we got an hyperwave decoder planned, it's super expensive but at least we should start to see things, and without being drunk this time.

Somewhere in The Confederation (it's a part of the USA) there's a com tower that is making propaganda about us being cruel and evil, that's not necessarly true so that's our first target.
The Gals are ordered to get on the plan with their boss, lots of explosions are then to be expected by now.
Someone suggest to have some stunning rounds instead of horribly murdering shells, but while the boss points at the idea being good in theory, she also points that we have no such thing and that "someone should just shut up before being thrown to the sharks".

None is really sure what's going on, but things are going on as we learn stuff about
Ye Old Magic Shoppe
Night Ops Gear ( (⌐■_■) )
Pharmacology

After a slow travel over half of the world the squad finally arrive slowly at night as planned.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

To teach the Gals how to use stealth in the night, our not so beloved leader makes a demonstration by using her mortar.
We were still not sure how it actually help in not being seen, but the boss replied with a "if there's no more enemies they can't see you, that's true STEALTH! "
... Ok.

At some point of the battle, disaster happens : one of the Gals with her grenade launcher (Evil Rolan7) probably did a horrible critical roll and shot her grenade into a hill instead of the actual target , hurting 4 of our Gals in the blast.
The boss understood it wasn't the Gal fault if she couldn't fire an aimed shot at the top of the tower as ordered and instead decided to shoot at the lowest hill near the team, things are too tempting for a Gal and a grenade launcher.
But in the same time it wasn't the boss that was in the blast zone, so she probably know nothing really.

Unfortunately that stupid mistake lead to the loss of one of our best Gal on the field , Blasphemous E.Albright, as an Osiron sniper that was on the supposedly targetted tower roof did an incredible long burst shot that all landed on his unfortunate (and already badly hurt by the previous stupid blast) target and killed her.

The Osiron security guy couldn't really do a victory dance as it was time a mortar shell landed right on his face (and the faces of the 2 academy folks that were on the roof of the tower too), looks like the boss was usefull for once, a bit late bit still better late than never.

There will be vengeance at some point, probably, that's what Salad E.Albright (that presented herself as some kind of fast reincarnation) said when we saw her on the base already grabbing a combat shotgun and worrying about the lack of ammo for it.

Anyways, the grenade launcher misfire had also a cost in wounded Gals, and we had deployed our best (in term of TU i mean) out of our boss that's rather average but insisted in using her beloved mortar herself.
Basically more people in the sick bay.

Meanwhile some strange UFO dance was happening in the sky, lot of nasty flyers things probably ratmen.

A voice can be heard from the brainers lab "Release the Scarab !"
And the Scarab was released, the Lokks pilots showcased their amazing talent and all those flying things were utterly annihilated, and they still had 16 ammo available before having to recharge.

Brillant.
It was such a nice firework for the Gals that the Brainers decided to work a bit more and discovered
Security Armor
Civilizing Beastmen

Just in time for an alert, a bandit town was detected in the Eurosyndicate (in Spain) too close of Queen Teuta for confort.
Bringing them the pain is on the plan.

The boss and her mortar insist to come with us again for some reason, well let's say that an accident can happen so we're all happy to let her in the "Terror of Ta Deep"

The full chainmail squad deploy (the previous misfortune taught the gals to not trust their fellow gals , so at least trust good armor instead) and the Gals have a better "cool factor" with them anyways, even the dog was looking in awe.

After several firefights (there were a lot of bandits all around the ship) we can admit it, chainmail is good at not being wounded.
Tough it does not help when those nasty blood hounds run across half of the whole map when everyone is already out of reaction shot and the damn thing slightly wounded a Gal, fortunately the creature was disposed quickly after with by auto shotgun in his face.

The boss wanted to prove she was not that useless and did actually a nice big hole in the side of the main bandit base, allowing us after that to throw some quite nicer incendiary grenades.
In fact when we were not shooting everywhere we were throwing them around, as a result most of the bandits were going insane, or were dead like the Bandit Boss that unfortunately was too close of a bunch of explosive barrels when an incendiary grenade detonated them all.
That was surprisingly totally efficient, if only we got the blood hound before he could hurt the Gal it would have been perfect, as the chainmails stopped all the bullets this time.

We also ran out of prison cell, so we had to feed the sharks a bit.
That probably motivated the Brainers that discovered the
Grav Units

It seems that while we have a lot of weapon, we don't have that much ammo, so fortunately the black market provides.
The radio showed some disrupting transmissions from a satellite above the south pole, near to the enemy base we left alone long time ago. Not really going to check that.

The Lokks took off on their own, chasing some civilians ship for some reason, they apparently like to scare people just for their own twisted fun, good they're on our side i guess and aren't trigger happy against civilians.

Some science is being done, but it's not done in any of our bases, that outrage is calling for action, so the Gals are tasked to take the enemy science down. But in a surprising moment, the boss told us to try to capture them all alive in case we can get something out of them.

Meaning no big explosions everywhere ! finally some sense came to our leader !
But we sure took some guns , just in case, and the chainmail squad was sent away.

After mowing down the usual academy cannon fodders we got their leader, yet another Academy Medic, and she was knocked out with a punch behind the head after she panicked at the sight of several chainmail armored walking killing machines.

Oh and the runts completed a collection of Night Ops armor too, just in case someone wants to play a sneaky nightly mission instead of exploding the map, what a strange idea according to the boss.

the Lokks came back from making civilians afraid, just to told us their home was under attack, so as they were doing a good job in shooting things out of the sky we accepted to go there.

When we landed on the Lokk village it became quickly clear that the ratmen brought their resilient Reapers  to murder the Lokks there.

Too bad for them the boss insisted we still took some kind of explosive with us, "explosion is life, no explosion can lead to the sharks" was her recommandation, everyone understood the not so disguised threat so we took some.
Looks like sometime the boss is right ... sometime.

One of the Lokks in the village unfortunately wasn't understanding the concept of explosion very well but you learn by experience, i'm sure they all learned, at least we got more apples for making those nice profit from chateau de la mort manufacturing

And we're lacking storage, damn, i guess selling tons of things is in order, now let's hope we'll not regret those sold items later, it's hard as nearly everything can have an use for something else, but so many items and so few vault space.

Anyways, there was a nasty smell in the base, so the Brainers had to do something and created
Air Filtration

Barracks were also completed at Ching Shih 2nd , good as we ordered more people in case of an attack, we also decided to build Large Vaults so we avoid the fate of Queen Teuta , swiming in too many items with having a hard time in deciding what to fence and avoiding building a large vault there.

Meanwhile an odd radio message reached us and was mentionning that "the truth is out there" while playing some strange music. We decided to follow the signal to its source in Red Revolution (somewhere in Colombia) and learn the truth even if we had to use ultraviolence.

After landing it looked like that whatever truth there was there zombified everyone.

Soon enough a rush of funky zombies ran out of the camp, right into our gun sights and grenade range

It was a big zombie slaughter as there was ton of zombies running all around the map, we shot unbelievable amount of shotgun shells (those triple auto shots are very good but cost ammo) and our heavy machinegunner even had to reload 2 times !

Everyone got a good training out of this big battle.
This time the dog was used as a nice scouting device instead of being left behind in the ship, it helped a lot with that mission actually.

Good we also had a lot of explosive and incendiary, overall it was a good way to complete this first week as it kept the boss happy.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 06, 2019, 04:20:55 pm »

Is that last one a new mission?

Something that uses a lot of space is soylent. We don't need masses of it anyway. Also doom corpses, if we have any left.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 06, 2019, 04:35:11 pm »

it's the "prepper camp" mission launched by the "truth is out there", it was a mission introduced in J15 i think

But it's the first time i had this mission filled with zombies instead of the usual people.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 06, 2019, 04:37:40 pm »

Ah, I think I never had that one.

I thought it was a special zombie mission because there were so many funkies.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 07, 2019, 07:17:03 am »

I  just noticed we have a young uber in the prison, i'm not sure if she was there when i took the save or if she was part of the loot that i didn't checked on some of my missions, but whatever the case have we already researched the young uber ? so i know if i have to do it or if i can just recruit the gal and add to the roster ?

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 07, 2019, 07:43:31 am »

I  just noticed we have a young uber in the prison, i'm not sure if she was there when i took the save or if she was part of the loot that i didn't checked on some of my missions, but whatever the case have we already researched the young uber ? so i know if i have to do it or if i can just recruit the gal and add to the roster ?

You can click on her in the prison (right or middle, I can never remember) and it will bring up all of the researches you can get from her. Greyed out ones are ones we already have. The most important one for the Young Uber should be Dependency>The Most Common Superpower. I honestly don't remember if we've gotten that or not yet.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 07, 2019, 08:06:56 am »

Great.

Looks like all the important research from young uber had already been done (the only one that aren't are those numbers stuff), and if i understand well to access "the most common superpower" i need to "Recruit Young Uber" instead of researching "Young Uber" and apparently we already have the common superpower knowledge already.
So i'll just recruit her and send to join the 2nd base.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 07, 2019, 03:11:11 pm »

Chip "forging", once we have a mint, is a bit strange.  It actually converts higher-level chips into loads of lower-level ones (at a profit, of course).

So yeah, eventually those chips will become incredible numbers of bluechips!  It'll be a long time for the gold and obsidian chips though, so I'd understand selling those if you like.

Re: Armored defenders, yeah armor was getting less scarce thanks to the tac-vests gambling grants, and I constructed a few more chainmail.  But we also have a big pile of aqua plastic and IIRC we now have the tech to make tac vests ourselves!  Which is a fine investment since they can be upgraded into tac suits, soon, presumably by gluing more plastic bitz on.

I would actually recommend against using Aqua Plastic, which is a finite resource, on Tac-Vests that we can purchase for credits/money, a somewhat infinite resource.  To put it another way: Temple raid loot and hostages equals several Tac-Vests, or we could fight enemies with armor and lose gals for the same Tac-Vests.  Keep the Aqua Plastic for the Tac-Suits, which we should be aiming to research soonish (haven't read updates yet, my apologies if we already got that).

EDIT: I should be able to take the turn after Robsoie.  Next week isn't so bad.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 07, 2019, 04:10:28 pm »

May Week 2

A very small ufo has shown up on the radar, before the boss could even give the order the Lokks had already took off and shot down the ship.

The stylish chainmail squad is sent on the crash zone to take care of any surviving bandit. A good start got a highwayman knocked out.
Against all odds one of the highwayman shot and wounded one of our gal from the front on a single hit of what sounded like a lowly gun, must have been really bad luck with the critical hit roll damage there.
They should have listened to the boss and throw grenades instead of engaging in shooting contest

Back to the base in time for the Brainers to finally understand
Glamour

Meanwhile a small ufo has been spotted, and the Lokks were busy going after it as it managed to escape once, but in the end they forced it to crash.

This time while none asked or wanted her to come, the boss decided to get in the ship with her mortar, i guess to replace one of the wounded Gal, but honestly it's a downed shipping, we're not going to have a lot of thing to explode, maybe she had another twisted idea in her mind.

Once on the crash site, we start to see the guild ship wreckage, and surprisingly a lot of alive guild goons and some odd half naked fat guys running around.

I didn't liked the sound of whatever weapon a guild security guy has, sounds a bit dangerous, and he managed to wound one of the gal, minor wound but still going to add another one in the sick bay.
We manage to put or shoot down everyone, they sure make strong ships if there was that much people even after the crash.

The boss was very very disapointed, the heavy forest that was covering the area was preventing her to find a firing arc for her mortar to shoot at the guild security guy, "explosion is justice" according to the madwoman that we put as our leader, and this time there was no justice apparently.

Frustration lead sometime to the unexpected, but this time it didn't happened as the brainers were actually expecting to find in their research :
Power Tools

And finally the gal working at the radar had enough of the Lokks flying after every civilian ship, so she decided to
*Stop targetting civilian traffic*
The Lokks were unhappy and ready to riot, but the boss pointed to the shark pool and they all went back to their barracks.
They gave us a Memorial Stele so we would overlook their short lived attempt at rebelling

Ok, let's forget everything and have a good laugh because it's time for a bounty hunt and take out some bandits hidding in a cave, a Brainer told us to be cautious about those previously encountered
Blood Hounds

Apparently we also have a Mansion Robbery opportunity, but the Terror of Ta Deep was already away.
Those caves can be difficult to navigate while we're shotgunning various kind of bandits as it's a maze with narrow corridors

I guess it means no explosion, we also ran into a murder scene but it's not our work this time, a bandit boss isn't far too so we can guess he's behind that.

They're lucky we wanted some prisonner as they deserved death by explosion, some at least got to feed the sharks as our prison were full.
Oh and we found a very bizarre enemy that had a strange attack, no idea if it was a stargod or some high rank sirius church goon, but the boss reaction shot got him before we could try to capture him or identify the guy, i guess being so angry at not hurling explosive items made the leader a bit trigger happy (and she actually got a triggerhappy achievement).

Back to the base we were rather happy to be finished with this maze of rocks, the boss was less angry once she started to see all the money that came our way from the bounty. So much that she decided to sent a young uber to the 2nd base (one may think she's doing that to avoid sharing the loot with too many Gals)

The brainers thinking hard about the boss "problem" with explosive that started to annoyingly lowering the amount of incoming captured slaves finally designed a
Stun Grenade
So we could please the boss, while capturing not dead people.
A Gal freaked out from the thought, giving us the idea to
Recruit Freak Gal

While our not so benevolent dictator was thinking about raiding that mansion for more money, we got words about a watchtower spying around. In front of this obvious breach of privacy order came soon to destroy that and take any evidence.
But waiting for the sun to light things, there's an alert ! we're under attack at Ching Shih 2nd, our 2nd base !

Damn, good we purchased some weaponry and transfered some armor before it happened ... but unfortunately the leader had no idea how to give better armor (some chainmail recently manufactured) to the gals without having a ship (it's in the individual gals stats or by pressing "i" in the hand list , thanks to Soadreqm and Dostoevsky for the tip).
All this time the boss thought the Gals were being too shy to change outfit if there's no ship to hide them, what an useless leader we have.

Oh and worse : it's a dark ones assault (so expecting those damned imp putting fire to everyone), i wish there was only one access corridor to defend but there are too many rooms so the dark ones will be able to come in from everywhere.
Hopefully it's only a dozen of them so we can deal with the assault.

But the imps shooting at our dogs were in the same time making our own moves difficult with fire everywhere, and most of our Gals start in a room that is above a sea of fire due to a couple of incendiary grenades thrown at a poor dog, damn.

The additional problem is that the dark ones were not only a dozen, it was a legion of them doomed folks ! i couldn't believe i had enough ammo for all of them, it was insane.

They were even having some doom plasmagun and after a very difficult and crazy battle (those damn imps making our people insane with fire were crippling my battle force) we lost several gals (poor young uber she was one of the first to go) and lokks and all the dogs (that still got some good dog jobs) that due to being insane couldn't position themselves tactically or even shoot back.
But we survived !

It is utterly imperative to buy more Gals and dogs to replace our many fallen in case we get a round 2 before the end of the month, good we swim in money for now, hopefully the boss will accept to lose a bit of that money in order to get more Gal back in the 2nd base.

Anyways, now that all the emotions and mournings are quick forgotten, time to get some privacy back at that watchtower. The neophytes that were spying on the Gals stood no real chance and things went exactly as planned

There were some good promotions, we got our first Baroness, Cynical Mermaid (our heavy machinegun specialist) , jaelousy is obvious on our boss face, even if she's saying it's all ok.

A human goon couldn't escape the sharks, but we found floating in the pool the design of the
UAC Rifle
A humongous raider obviously very afraid of the situation told us about the
Boss armor
, something that seemed to interest enough our leader for her to be willing to release the unfortunate evildoer.
Sadly she forgot about it quickly after that and the raider was thrown to the sharks.

An academy engineer managed to escape the prison, he was unfortunately killed by the doors he accidentally opened the wrong way, we found in his left shoe informations about
Liquid Metal
An osiron security told us about #023 , the use of chemical stuff in weapons, we tested on him and indeed it works.

The brainers apparently got contact with The Red Mage
Something that will be probably interesting for the Gals wanting to cosplay as Gandalf in the base, but it's not really as good as explosions according to the boss that ended the week in brooding about the lack of said explodey things.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 04:12:03 pm by Robsoie »

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 07, 2019, 04:46:26 pm »

Do you use the level above the barracks to get into a position to shoot into the hangar?

The red guy in the caves was neither church nor stargod!
Well, at least he is not organized religion.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 07, 2019, 04:49:18 pm »

No, but the dark ones did, i had a couple that were up there shooting at us that were trying to deploy on ground level :D

From walking on the corpse and checking , that guy in the cave had a wand of airlerness, still no idea what kind of creature that was

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 08, 2019, 03:14:36 am »

You should deploy some gals upstairs to shoot down. It is usually pretty save as well. Open door, shoot once, don't do anything else to be sure. Do more if you think the risk is worth it. Depending on the layout and the enemy positions it might be possible to shoot from inside the room through the 2 doors, then you can use more gals there.
If we had an arena fireball launcher it would be the perfect place for one.
It also takes the stress out of having to go down that one stair with all gals.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 29