Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 29

Author Topic: X-piratez succession game  (Read 74804 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: X-piratez succession game
« Reply #75 on: July 21, 2019, 04:55:27 pm »

Nice, Ching Shih!  I guess that's better than Ro Land or something :P
(The link's backwards though, and some screenshots are missing)

Also owie ow ow I hear the reaper coming for me, I better go back to the still- what do you mean "just a scratch"?  I could have died!
Fiiine.  Crumping heads is pretty fun, I have to admit.  And this "boarding gun" does quite well for now, much appreciated!  We must appreciate the dakka we have, even as we acquire more and more.  Only a fool demands "enough" dakka.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 21, 2019, 05:03:16 pm »

Sure it's still under two months?  :o 8 updates, and still not finished?

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 21, 2019, 05:05:49 pm »

I still have almost 170 screenshots. Took too many!

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2019, 05:49:03 pm »

The academy medic reminds us to drink enough, especially when we run around a lot (#63). Other than that she is a rather tough bastard, but she agrees to work on mutant origins with us.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Poison and Acids lead to some fun stuff, and I have to poisoned daggers produced. Forget to put them in the van, though.

We can and shall research cannonball o'acid (some time ago I ordered a new assault cannon and some cannonballs of all kinds, just in case).

Researchers aren't anything close to our brainers, they are more like regular pureblood women with a fancy coat. She also tells us that less clothes=more voodoo. As if she'd know. (#89)

Integrated devices are part of all academy clothing, and they lead us to electrics and electronics.

Spider silk is not very useful right now, maybe later.

Other than that we also drag a highwayman into the lab.

We ran out of apples! This is Jacks fault, his Lokks didn't provide any even though we helped them. Damn!

Oh, and a new Ratman Cache/Cave. We have 4 Lokks, so let's find out what is in there.
[Never did the mission beforehand, so I was curious as well.]

Well, ratmen are in there, by the looks of it.

The Lokks kill quite a few of them and fight our way to this special looking room.  The thing in the back could be a door, so one of them hurries back to the stash to grab a pickaxe.

Or not? It seems some rats sneaked past and now occupy the exit.

Brave Rune kills them all though. 3 tried to get between her and a pickaxe, none survived. Turns out we don't even need the pickaxe, as those were the last ones.

5 Golf bars and a bejeweled cross are worth quite a bit, if we ever need that money quickly. I think the cross can be sold anyway, but I am waiting until a prisoner tells us about it. Yeah, I am weird like that.

Acid Cannonball can be quite handy if we ever need to strip someone of armor now.

Let's interrogate another researcher, it is always funny watching them stare in awe at our lab.

Sounds hot, and it is already summer, I think I'll pass.

Durathread armor is pretty decent, but we lack durathread.

Haha ... wait, you are serious? We were once purebloods? Well ... good thing we evolved then, I say!

A highwayman tells us about the police shotgun. It is pretty accurate, but slow. I'd rather have a military one, but we had no such luck so far. Other than that it is a shotgun, duh.
More interesting is the electronics stuff.

It leads to weed plantation, data mining and overcharged radar, but we don't have time for that now, the green codex wants to be read, Dr. X wants to be found and we need to display our superiority by examining ourselfs.

We also need to help some Lokks, again. This time against raiders though. But I think that was a spelling mistake, Jack surely meant riders.

Reapers burn pretty well.

Another one dies to a WP Grenade, and then we have to try to get to some other cover. Like that shed. Because our weapons don't do much damage, and we can't throw our molotows that far.
We have to hide behind these bushes along the way. But it works out.

One dies to Azuras Blackpowder bomb, and the others close in on the van, so we have to get back to reach them argh!

Nightshade and Azura manage to miss these huge ass targets with quite a few molotows, but then, finally, kill one and scare the other enough so that he yields.

Most of the Lokks don't live to learn about the usefulness of cover. But that is quite ok, because they didn't have any apples here.

I AM BOSSGAL NOW!
And Salty Minna is Mistress.

Boom Fruits are fun!

Self examination: We are fucking awesome!

We can research Martial Arts now, and I think we do so, but things get a but confused as we are called to a pogrom.

Maybe that was a bad idea?

-----------------------------------
And on my last day as well. Damn.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 21, 2019, 05:51:57 pm »

Nice, Ching Shih!  I guess that's better than Ro Land or something :P
(The link's backwards though, and some screenshots are missing)

Also owie ow ow I hear the reaper coming for me, I better go back to the still- what do you mean "just a scratch"?  I could have died!
Fiiine.  Crumping heads is pretty fun, I have to admit.  And this "boarding gun" does quite well for now, much appreciated!  We must appreciate the dakka we have, even as we acquire more and more.  Only a fool demands "enough" dakka.

I don't always give you the boarding gun, some enemies just don't warrant the limited ammo we have right now.

Also the link should be repaired and the screenshots should no longer be missing.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 21, 2019, 06:32:00 pm »

Yeah, trying to stop the Pogroms is usually worth attempting, and then running away once you find out who's doing it.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 21, 2019, 06:40:52 pm »

Deep ones can pogrom??  That's a lobsterman right?  They're even tougher than in TFTD, unsurprisingly.

Score-wise running away from a pogrom is a lot worse than ignoring it, but I think we're ready to take them on anyway.  The Humanists should fear us, not the other way around!
(Though I'm still afraid of their cars.  Not sure what our best option is for those.  Massed grenades and hope maybe.)
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 21, 2019, 06:48:18 pm »

The first couple greenskins fall easily, we can even shoot them right from the start because they can't shoot back!

Some get close, but Azura watches over us with her huge sword.

We hear some fighting, and it is not only civvis dying. Someone even managed to make that blue lobster thing (IT LOOKS YUMMY) bleed.

There is a lull in the fighting, so we go out.
FUCK!

I can't even kill her killer, because I have more pressing things to do. We've seen that thing reduce someone to a puddle, it is freaking dangerous! Let's call it fartbag!

It falls to my axe, and Rolan7 subdues a green one that walked into the van.

NOOOOO, nobody cares about whatever her name was, but Coconut was one of our best, if not the best.

I get severly wounded but the first killer, Azura helps me stop the bleeding and then the lobster jumps from the roof, I can barely evade him [he actually displaced me, never saw that before!], but I can't evade his claws anymore. I go down bleeding.

Azura manages to hit and kill the bastard! Then she carries me back to the van. Good Gal! She proceeds to avenge Coconut while Rolan7 brings me back to my feet. But I am severly wounded and manage to not kill that bastard right in front of me. While firing both barrels, no less.

Rolan7 is hopeless with melee weapons and carries a cannon at the moment, but Azura rounds the corner just in time to put him down with her magnum.

Oh ... oh.

Azura can kill one as he closes in, but where is the other one? Anyway, we have more trouble coming.

I get hit once again, by a greenskin that comes into the van. Bleeding again. But Azura and Rolan7 safe me yet again!

By now the back door of the van is completly destroyed, we can't rely on hiding behind it anymore.

But the space behind the van keeps filling up with green bodies.

By now Rolan7 has exhausted our supply of ammo for the double barrels and the heavy shotguns are where our fallen comrades are. The Magnum is long empty as well, so Azura has an old six shooter, but she relies more on her axe anyway. Rolan7 goes and grabs his Boarding Gun. He has to use it immediately to dispose of yet another intruder into the van. And not just any intruder, a Fartbag that somehow managed to miss twice. Maybe it shot against the roof.
Azura on the other hand tries to axe a blue one, but has to retreat before she can finish the task.

He follows her, but the hits must have slowed him down!
Me? Oh, kill the bastard first, then maybe try and give me something to drink.

Two salvos from the boarding gun don't seem to do anything, but Azuras axe strikes true, and she even has the time to feed me some water. Good gal, but I repeat myself.

We (or rather Rolan7 and Azura) hear fewer and fewer enemies. One more blue lobster falls to the Axe, and Rolan7 decides that now might be the time to subdue a greenskin (the other one woke up and had to be put down.) Azura has her axe ready in case Rolan7 misses too much (she really needs to practice some close combat) ...

... but she needn't have worried.
It was the last one!

And I was so nervous wounded I forgot the winning screenshot. But there were around 46 dead enemies of which we killed almost 40. One lucky civilian even survived somehow. Even though most died, the gouvernments seemed to appreciate our performance and gave us a thumbs up. Good for them.

In her first mission against them Azura became a Bane of Depth Dwellers, which means she alone killed at least 15. Both her and Rolan7 are blood and black widows.

All survivors learned something and we finally got new apples!

RIP Coconut!
Oh, and Plain, I guess.

I am relieved of my duty, because this time my wounds are serious, I'll be out of commision for almost 3 months. 60 days reckons the nurse. That is no good, If I lead, I want to lead from the front. So let's have a vote again, or something. I really don't care, just give me more painkillers.

With that, one last research thing that popped up right after midnight: our search for the captor of the original founders yielded something:

As my last order I told the brainers to research the dead greenskins, so we can maybe butcher their corpses.

And with that, the usual report:

-----------------------
That was some pretty intense fighting at the end. I was tempted to leave, and would have if more bad things had happened. Didn't loose a single gal in two months, and then 2 on my last day. Damn!

Will add the save as soon as I can. Will probably need a new password first.
The next captain needs to hire people for the new hideout, the outpost was finished on the 30th or something, so I figured we save the money and I'll let the next one hire them. Some very basic equipment is at hand.
I also sold the speeder to buy something else, then remembered that the codex is close and we might have codex ships soon, so didn't buy a new ship.
We have warrior armor (I built 2, I think), but I am among those that don't really like it. It is ok for some missions, but usually I prefer speed. Or power armor. The sprints I did in the ratman raider mission would not have been possible with warrior armor.
If you need some more money, there is quite a few things that can be sold and I didn't touch the purses and money bags, so we can disassemble those as well. Also apples.

And here is the save: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14467
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 06:56:52 pm by Rince Wind »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 21, 2019, 07:44:54 pm »

congratulations on defeating that deep one terror mission, that was a very lot of green monsters in your screenshots  :o .

the warrior armor sounds like a death trap to me, slowing you down (even worse if you used a swimsuit and then go to warrior armor, huge loss of TU) and not that impressive in term of protection so you don't really feel it protects your gals actually more than a sailor outfit as you're getting hurt or killed nearly the same.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 21, 2019, 09:03:26 pm »

What a battle :o  I can't believe I survived that, but I trusted in your tactics and we got through.
melee is hard though okay, and they're so squishy and gross eww eww.
RIP Coconut :'(  She died as she lived, saving mutant butt.

I tend to leave newly-recruited warriors in their armor out of laziness, but that's backwards now that I think about it.  Newbies are the ones who most need the bonus EXP from sailor suits or swimsuits.  Warrior armor might be kinda okay for giving a bit more damage-reduction to experienced units, but it's hard to say.

Fielding swarms of militia-trained peasants in carapace armor was fun though heh, they're surprisingly resilient in it.  Not that that's an option yet.
She/they

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 22, 2019, 12:47:17 am »

Yeah, the one good thing about the bikes was, that you could give XP to more people.

Edit : just remembered that I did loose another gal, to the chryssalid. Well 3 is still not too bad.

Warrior can be nice against civvies, not much to worry about as long as they don't have iGuns or something similar. But I prefer to use Lokks with rubber bullet shotguns. At night they have a much better viewing range and can subdue them pretty well. And a proper pistol for b boys. :D
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 01:15:29 am by Rince Wind »

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 22, 2019, 06:29:19 am »

ptw
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 22, 2019, 08:41:08 am »

Nice trick with the hammer, i always forgot those things for making my own entrances.

What each codex provide :
https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php/Tiny_Drill_(Piratez)

(edit  : fixed the url )
My only codex adventure was with the Red one, mostly because of the Scorpion ship that it will unlock, this ship special ability is that it spawns the enemy closer to it so you don't have to look for them for too long on some maps.
But in the same time this ship can be a bit dangerous to use, because it has some opening that provide no cover if your landing zone is a bit too hot.

But i'm open to any codex anyways, they all have their own advantage.

Yeah, it probably comes down to the ships each gives, with some neat armor. Although the extra gifts are kind of interesting (7 data discs and a liber ocultus is nice, but we can probably use the 3 castaway gals in this playthrough, so it's probably good we did that one).

As long as we're going green, research the Scarab. The turtle is too slow and I think the worm is the one that hits you with hallucinogenic gas when you try to leave. The Bonaventura is also pretty nice for the gals who start in a good spot. Hopefully your snipers end up anywhere near the sniper exit instead of stuck in a crowd.

Oh, and lobstermen take almost full damage from stun rods/cattle prods. Something like 2 hits from a cattleprod or 3-4 from a stun baton to take one down. I think electric ignores some or all armor, so those are more than worth the effort of taking off nurses. We're probably seeing enough armored enemies to make it worth caring about damage types now.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 08:51:18 am by Iduno »

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 22, 2019, 09:34:40 am »

Choking works great on them as well, so if you start close to them ropes are pretty good - or at least not as terrible as in all other situations.

The Scarab is not really a troop transport, only has space for 4. It is more like a heavy interceptor, or a damage dealer with its +32% boost to weapon damage.

I think you can learn to explode the gas on the Worm from the inside, then you only have a smokescreen.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 22, 2019, 10:21:57 am »

The Turtle is slow, but it's also underwater-capable!  I only found out from the Discord, as the description doesn't mention it.  I used the Blowfish for quite a while, which is basically the Turtle but worse in every way.  12 crew, 2 aux is niiice.

The Worm is twice as fast I guess, but only 9 crew and I don't know how the hallucination gas works.  I used the Scarab a bit as an interceptor and it seems very solid, tough and I think that weapon-boost pairs well with the free charger-laser.
She/they
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 29