Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29

Author Topic: X-piratez succession game  (Read 73730 times)

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
X-piratez succession game
« on: July 14, 2019, 07:44:19 am »

Starting story, diligently censored.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So, "inspired" (i didn't actually read it, maybe there is nothing inspiring in it after all  :P )by this thing, we are making X-piratez succession game. If someone doesn't know, X-piratez is a mod for OpenXcom, which is mod\modern system compatibility patch for ye olde UFO: Enemy unknown. It's totally amazing, so if you like UFO, are not put off by boobs (and disappropiately hideous actual soldiers in game) galore, constantly trying to find useful and usable stuff among mountains of pointless trash-weaponry and obscenely long time needed to finish single playtrough, try it.

Installation:
1. Download the mod from the main thread.
2. Download vanilla game.
3. Put vanilla game files in UFO folder in mod folder, so it will be like "Dioxine_XPiratez\UFO\GAME_1 or whatever"

Rules:
Difficulty - ironman, because saveloading in succession games is stupid. Either 3 or 4. 3 was Enough for me when i played first, but i'm not that great at it and my playstile would make munchkins cringe, so maybe 4 would be just fine for them. Then again, ironman.
Turn is either 2 in-game month or up to 1 real time week long (can be changed as needed). Rest is standart for succession games, "dwarfings" included.
No screens of naked boobs. And naked arses too (that are not part of in-battle units  :P). Because The Rules. No one can defy The Rules.
Deciding on important choices (Males Y\N, Codex color, Torturing Dr x Y\N) - up to debate for now.
No selling menacing hull\small drill, they are damn important. But i'm pretty sure everyone knows that already.

Turnlist:
MCreeper 1 2 SAVE
Iduno 1 2 We already lost.
Rolan7 1 2 But we still kick arse
Robsoie 1 SAVE
Rince Wind 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 SAVE
MCreeper Fucking disaster
Iduno 1 2 SAVE
Rolan 7 1 2 3 4 SAVE
EuchreJack 1 2 3 4 5 6 SAVE
Robsoie 1 2 3 4 SAVE
Rincewind 1 2 3 4 5 SAVE
Iduno 1 2 3 4 5 SAVE
Rolan7 1 2 3 SAVE
Robsoie 1 2 3 4 SAVE
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 06:06:44 am by MCreeper »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: X-piratez succession game
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2019, 08:22:17 am »

Researches : should we get a common plan on what to research, or should we have the player deciding on his turn for himself, even if his own goal may not go along the previous player one (though without being allowed to disable the previous player still ongoing brainer assignement) ?
I would prefer no common plan to add some chaotic fun.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2019, 08:32:36 am »

Researches : should we get a common plan on what to research, or should we have the player deciding on his turn for himself, even if his own goal may not go along the previous player one (though without being allowed to disable the previous player still ongoing brainer assignement) ?
I would prefer no common plan to add some chaotic fun.
Looks mostly fine, although maybe "no changing previous assignments" need obvious rule patch of not purposefully and malaciously spreading not quite numerous brainers over hugest projects available just at the end of the turn? I honestly don't remember research times and if this would be an issue.

Ah, yes, forgot most important thing - what will be starting base's location and name? Although first probably doesn't matter unless we place it in desert\jungle\antarctica. Temperature effects are murder at the beginning.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2019, 08:45:54 am »

Europe/North Africa allows the Airbus to get to most places apart from Australia/New Zealand and the tip of South America.
So I propose an island in the mediterranean or some place in Black March. Both also cover mostly land, which is better than a hideout in the carribean.

Name: Armoks Rock

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2019, 10:55:48 am »

Usually my first base is set either somewhere in between Turkey and Israel or on the upper part of China (in Piratez names that's between Theban Hive/Romanica or  Central Provinces ) so i can cover a lot of land at the start in case ships are landing.

But anywhere is good to me, as it's about having fun, not necessarly making the most optimal choice, as wherever we decide there will be lot of lands we will not see for a while.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2019, 12:11:04 pm »

I'm new enough that I'd prefer to play on one of the easier difficulties. Especially with the extra difficulty of having whatever the last person left instead of [preferred set-up]. If we do ironman, definitely on the low end.

I'm in, and my votes are

1) Women are superior
2) Grey (green isn't bad either, but I like the grey ships)
3) Prank

Also, I'd suggest naming the bases after famous women pirates. Possibly from an ethnicity appropriate (or as geographically close as possible) for the base location? Queeen Teuta base means we're mostly flying over land, which is where they are more likely to land. Ching Shih base should work as well.

Oh, are we doing a custom base start from the options menu? A layer of living quarters and storage (nothing else except the airlock, and no living quarters elsewhere) below the hangar helps with defense. Mess, medical, and similar places gals might be below that, labs and radar on the bottom. Trying Arnathor's base setup (layer of living quarters and storage on both sides of the hangar) ends up with way too many living quarters.

Any guesses how close we are to a new release? It looks like they usually show up this time of the month.

Oh, and put what you were more-or-less trying to do in your captain's log so we don't end up 99% of the way to a dozen different major technologies without getting them. Or we have all of the parts to make a better medical facility, but not the cash yet, and it never gets built.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 12:20:03 pm by Iduno »

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2019, 02:36:00 pm »

Only the easiest and the hardest difficulties change the attributes of the enemies. The others only change the amount, and while the battles are easier with fewer enemies that also means less loot and fewer prisoners. So my vote is 2nd or 3rd difficulty (where 1st is the hardest).

Votes:
1:Women are superior, because while I'd use the male touch for a new game myself, for a playthrough like this, on ironman, I think we shouldn't make this more difficult.
2: Green or Gold (haven't really played either)
3: Never got to do anything with her yet, that path wasn't there when last I got so far and in my current game I made little progress for a long time.

I am against a custom base start, making everything perfect is boring. If someone want he can always burn money to move buildings.
A new release shouldn't be a problem, I have been playing my current game for about a year, always upgrading to the latest version. And Dioxine doesn't really seem to have a schedule.

One thing I would propose is to aggressivly purchase brainers until we are at capacity. Because one day there will be factions knocking at our doors regularly, and if we haven't teched up by then it will be very hard.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2019, 03:54:28 pm »

Only the easiest and the hardest difficulties change the attributes of the enemies. The others only change the amount, and while the battles are easier with fewer enemies that also means less loot and fewer prisoners.

Significantly more enemies will up the odds of a catastrophic failure from an early base raid or the first appearance of a higher tier of enemy. So there is that. People will need to be more ready to turn tail if needed (though obviously that doesn't apply to assaults). Which they should be anyway since this is X-Piratez, but still.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2019, 06:36:36 pm »

Woot, this'll be fun!
1: Male Touch (Looks like we're going women which is fine too)
2: Green, the ships are relatively straightforward and high capacity
3: Dunno, haven't caught her yet
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2019, 04:49:06 am »

Third difficulty, illiryan Queen Teutam unmodified base, and women it is. Update probably incoming.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 05:15:48 am by MCreeper »

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2019, 03:41:00 pm »

Turn is technically done, but us usual i played ahead instead of writing everything up immediately, so now i must write up stuff of all two months by ton of pictures i made. I thik you can sort stuff by creation time...

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2019, 09:19:01 am »

First month update there.

There is our base.
This is our base.
And this is our transport that can’t shoot anything.
With 6 relatively non-hideous gals inside.

Starting research. Picked "inspect machinery", so we can start producing hellerium faster.
And this is first enemy. Academy nurses, they all are. After some skulking in the dark after her, i ordered Coconut to attack her with pipe.
Turns out, pipe deals lethal damage. Whoops.
Some time after.
Mission results:

Research completed.
Nurse interrogated.

Castaway gal in a brothel mission. I have taken parrot, because one gal was wounded somewhere on previous mission.
Some shooting and minibombing (new addition, i think?) later, pistolhoe showed up and shot me for half hp. When everyone get out to kill her, suddenly 4 more people showed up and started shooting at them! They hit no one. And were killed a bit later.

Researching nurse unlocked researching of "Who is who?"
Hoe.
Researched peasant recruiting and recruited four immediately.
Fugitive search orders\dr x.
Then there were temple raid mission, where some guy spawned three tiles away from drop-in. I grabbed him and flied away. And then there were completely ordinary ambulance ambush.
More research.
Deciding not to bog everything down by delaying research of main techs as i usually do, i got around to importaant stuff.
Castaway recruited, soon to die grizzly death.
Montly report and "Our culture" researched to finish the month. I also researched farming at some point, so i sold some stuff and built a farm at this point.

Each time this shit happens, i tell myself to never do it again. It never works.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2019, 10:43:28 am »

And second one. Humanist mutant pogrom to start the month. The worst part about those guys is that they show up on mutant pogroms until about researching plasma guns production with little (i think. Although i vaguely remember captains having plasma MP's  :P) upgrades. And it's not like you can entirely ignore mutant porgoms either.
Castaway in jungles.
So there were weird 100 speed UFO. It landed and i went to check it out. And it were goddamn disaster.
Ah yes, at some point i bought some billhooks, along with bows and other random stuff i don't remember, as looks likeone of the best melee weapons available. Were they always size 1x3? I thought they were 1x2.

Cunning researched. For some reason i thought it leads to poison arrows. *facepalm*
Shambler hunting with god knows where from blunderbuss and humanist rifle.
Actually researched survival, made some barbarian armor.
Recruited two castaways. (images from a bit later)
Stranded govt agents mission.
Research, research.
Monthly report and current crew situation. I sold some stuff and bought three brainers, with 200k$ left. You can probably built one more farm. Pistols summary is getting researched, available research list is 3.5 pages long. Skimming trough it, i noticed that mess hall research is available. Likely topmost priority.  :P

SAVE. Enjoy doing stuff with 2 healthy gals.  :P Also, i selfishly request giving "me" bow when possible, because there is some fun "throwing" stuff along the line, but i missed out on all of it on my playtrough.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 10:58:02 am by MCreeper »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2019, 11:38:28 am »

I guess we should aim for having sickbay as soon as possible to shorten the healing time to avoid dangerous lack of healthy staff situations.
sickbay research seems to require

[Spring Cleaning (from Weirdness+Inspect Machinery), Medical Supplies (from captured people) , Survival, Sectoweed (from captured people), Crack (from captured people) ] -> [Medecine] -> [Sickbay]

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2019, 01:13:13 pm »

Or recruitment, but this will cost some money.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29