Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 29

Author Topic: X-piratez succession game  (Read 73710 times)

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: X-piratez succession game
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2019, 05:24:20 am »

I send the Gals (and a peasant) to the Boot Camp. And my battle plans, with those they shall prevail!

They land and the enemy is nearby. The Gals run out to clobber ... wait! that was not part of my plan, what are they doing?
Bewitching has rubber bullets, btw. They are not very effective.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

But the gals make it back into the van without a scratch (now THAT is part of my plan!), and by now a few neophytes are dreaming of busty gals. Dirty bastards!
To keep up the morale and to make things faster (it is really fucking hot, the gals keep complaining over comms) they start killing some of the opposition, and the peasant does er job admirably, by setting the world on fire, thus revealing our enemies.

Indifferent is shot down! She survives though, but in this heat she can't stay on her feet with her wounds, so she dreams of battles to come, this one is over for her.
Pant-On-Head delivers shrapnell with a well placed grenade that takes out two and wounds another and Salty is a mean killer with her heavy shotty, but doesn't forget to use her handle occasionally either.

A shrine maiden goes insane. Well, why DID she walk into the fire? It is entirly her fault.
The first neophytes start going crazy as well, and Pants, who ran out of ammo and took the weapon of a fallen foe, clears the north, ...

... while Bewitching is closing in on the house, giving out bullets and bandages (she ran out of both, but our hosts provided replacements).

A priest jumps from the roof ...

... and is promptly subdued by Salty.

That leaves Pants, who now has two enemies. But she elegantly evades the blade of the matron and shrugs off the bullets of the guy.

Then she proceeds to shoot them both. The neophyte even survives!

That were the last of them, lots of experience, and a couple decent weapons, among them a Panzerfaust! Even if they did not follow my plan (like, who would plan stupid things like getting a gal shot?), that was very nicely done!

We need to sell 10 prisoners which nets us almost 300k.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2019, 05:43:22 am »

A ruffian tells us about his favourite gun. He's very conservative.

Also !Bandit Business! basically just means that we destroy their business, and their towns.

Another Ratman and Savvy Girl are next.

We can't produce the newly researched scale mail for lack of scales.

The Church Matron ...

... tells us about Stasis Pods. which might or might not contain naked gals.

The brainers shall break apart a blackmarsh pistol and interrogate a neophyte.

We also finally recruited the castaway gal, and she calls herself by the very piratey name Ham-Fisted Rolan7, at least for now. She is decently strong and has expressed a love for LMGs, but because this world is cruel we only have the gun, no ammo for it, not a single belt. And we can't buy or produce it either.

Hellerium Charms make everything better!

The ratman has some pretty suspicious knowledge about church operations.

And the Blackmarch Pistol is decent, mostly because of the large clip.

Snubby, another ratman and camouflage are next.

We get some heavy weapons summary: they are heavy. Thanks, now brew yourself a wisdom potion. In a canteen.

The Savvy Girl tells us about emeralds and how they are much better friends than diamonds. I think she is crazy, but at least they have a similar color to the healthy sludge under the hideout.

The Snubby is an ok revolver.

For some bestiality we are researching beastmen and beast den now. Really, that should be one thing.

And then, finally, something else but endless reports by naked brainers. It is always so hard to concentrate on what they are trying to tell me!
Zaxx wants us to get rid of some priest. And so we shall.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2019, 06:06:08 am »

We arrive next to the temple of mammon. I am back, I think Ivanka can cope now. And I am the first to knock out some not-so-tough guy at the side entrance.
Someone shoots a girl who runs out of the temple not looking left and right and Rolan7 manages to knock out her first enemy as well, a B-Boy.
The Peasant secures the flank, as we know that someone is in that building on the other side of the square. If he comes out he'll have to step into the light.

The priest has a flame thrower, so we don't take any risks and Salty kills him. Two more fall to our weapons, one of them dead, and then Salty closes in on the last one, an Altar Boy. He goes down as well.

A flawless victory!

Not much to grab here, but we earn some money and some gratitude by way of tokens. Only much later will we realize the real prize here though: some durathread!

Ok, back to the brainers. At least this time it is only on the telly, as I am still in the van. A ratman talks about his favourite food and just won't shut up about it. What the hell is so special about mutant eggs?

Well, at least we can and shall research post apocalyptic cuisine now.

While we are still on our way back Jack asks if we could help some Lokks. Sure, if we make it in time! After a couple of ours I send the speeder while the van is being refuelled, just to have a look.
Then we start and the speeder can go back.

With a little help from Rolan7 I am once more the first to take out an enemy:

And the 2nd as well! This time with deadly force though.
Fire makes out lives and shooting easier, so the peasant provides and Rolan7 kills. The boading gun is no LMG, but it'll have to do.

Two more try to sneak up on us! Salty subdues one and Pants kills the other!
Yes, someone is wounded, but no one important.

Together we take down the last of those bastards. Thought you could hide by that shed, didn't you?

Jack is happy, we are happy, only one wounded against gals that claim to be our equal (hint: they are not). More that half the Lokks are happy as well. Having a captive ninja is also an important step to some in-house training, the brainers claim.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2019, 06:32:00 am »

We get word of a sister who is being held in a brothel. While we wait for night to fall a neophyte tells us about ressource extraction. I don't really get it, why do all that work when you can just rob it? Anyway, the brainers descend on the ninja gal like ... I really don't know like what.

Oh, the Mutant Alliance wants us to kill some humanists, and I think we still have the time. Only two of that assholes are here, one gets knocked out, the other commits suicide by reaction fire.

Then it is time to leave for the brothel.

We land close by and I have a cunning plan.
No, not killing everyone with grenades, but those three really didn't want it any other way by standing so close together. And yes, I threw one right between all those feet of theirs.

No, my plan hinges on the two gals that sneaked up around the building. One of them carries a big hammer.

They make it inside and find our future comrade!
While Salty takes her outside Pants makes sure no one is following us. Down goes a highwayman.

And really this is the point where I change my plan and decide to raid the whole complex. We others secure the street and try not to kill those hoes (too much) and our two sneaky gals go all in.

Works out pretty well! Inside they hit everyone with handles, and Rolan7 shoots rubber bullets all over the place before we run out and hit the last hoes standing.

Lots of prisoners!

We have to sell some, so I sell mostly neophytes. They don't know much and can't be turned into slaves, and 20k/each is still nice.

The brainers come up with the concept of camouflage. We kind of do that already, hiding in the dark, striking into the light, but they say we can still improve.

To that end they want to invite some professionals, and I see no reason to deny them, so they are off to recruit Lokk'Naar.

A day later it turns out the brainers took the wisdom potion literally. Well, I am not complaining!

They also give some reports about the beastmen population. Clueless, but there are lots of them.

It seems the Ninja Gals already know about camouflage!

Also about Poison Grenades.

We ... research more stuff, but a runt ate the documentation.

I also order a new radar (did we really have to sell it?) and a 2nd extractor build. Why do we have a speeder with missiles if we have no way to detect ships?

I try my luck at the slot machines, but it really isn't my day, so I stop after 40 tries.

No, I'd rather accompany the gals to some academy hideout where they conduct experiments.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2019, 07:34:49 am »

We land close to the compound, hide behind some hill and then ... some ugly monster kills Pants, but doesn't kill her, she is still standing there, looking very dead and very angry. At us!
We fire at the beast, but nothing seems to scratch its hide, not even my axe. The Academy has some truly horrifying guardians, and we decide to leave while we can!

RIP Pants!

The beast den is a thing where we can house beasts and some other stuff. Not very exiting.
We research camo paint and Lokk'Naar and Narlocks, and interrogate the humanist and a highwayman.

To get morale up again I organise a shambler hunt.
Mermaid and Indifferent shoot one unconcious that was too curious and ran towards the van as soon as we landed.
Then we form a firing line and slowly walk towards the other one.

Good reactions training, too bad he dies in the fire.
Easy, but that was kinda the point of the endeavour.

Our brainers briefly turned into cooks, and they are not half bad at it!

They also managed to convince Jack that we should be able to hire some Lokks.

Humanist Activists are assholes. Damn purebloods!

He keeps telling us how he wants to incinerate us all. The brainers learn a lot about flamethrowers by doing that same thing to him.

Lokk'Naar and Narlocks is just some boring old stories.

The Highwayman tells us about the Magnum, now that is a proper revolver!

I have the brainers read a gun almanac, interrogate a hoe und research durathread, a Lokk Armor, and the humanist trophy. I bet we can exchange that as well!

Intricate Gunsmithing gives us the clockwork gun. It shoots flintlock balls, all three of them at once. Unless someone really wants to use one i'll ignore this thing.

The trophy can be exchanged, indeed! The brainers cut apart the shambler corpse and develop a flintlock rifle. I don't think this is a good idea, but they say it'll be an important step towards building our own ammo.

And with that the 1st month of my reign is over!
We still need to take some of our cash to pay for everything, but is is looking pretty decent.

The brainers immediately finish things as well, camo paint, which is really just some green and gray paint.

And the gun almanac has great pictures of Gals with guns again. I order the centrefolds to be displayed in the mess hall.
Oh, and also a pretty dry article about the R-Rifle.

The reading gal can read some scriptures and the other one can disassemble the self charging laspistol. She promises, the results will be very important. Or rather the resulting research possibilities, but she only manages to convey those details after the gun is irreversibly damaged.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2019, 07:37:21 am »

Did we decide on a codex? Because I should be able to use the drill once we have the 2nd extractor running. Though workshops aren't that far off now that we have durathread in the pipeline, so maybe we should just not hire runts and then build over the extractor.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2019, 08:01:51 am »

If only i knew what exactly each one provides.  :P

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2019, 08:08:45 am »

Nice trick with the hammer, i always forgot those things for making my own entrances.

What each codex provide :
https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php/Tiny_Drill_(Piratez)

(edit  : fixed the url )
My only codex adventure was with the Red one, mostly because of the Scorpion ship that it will unlock, this ship special ability is that it spawns the enemy closer to it so you don't have to look for them for too long on some maps.
But in the same time this ship can be a bit dangerous to use, because it has some opening that provide no cover if your landing zone is a bit too hot.

But i'm open to any codex anyways, they all have their own advantage.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 11:24:11 am by Robsoie »

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2019, 08:28:53 am »

Red one is basically brute force, gray is voodoo, green is healing and gold is an allrounder. VERY basic description. All of them provide unique voodoo stuff.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2019, 09:01:10 am »

I'd say red, just because i got gray in my first playtrough and going for gold in second.  :P

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 21, 2019, 11:08:51 am »

Hmm from what I can tell the votes are:
Rince Wind: Green or Gold
MCreeper: Red
Idunno: Grey
Rolan7: Green

Technically green is winning, and I think it's the safest choice with its high capacity ships, but I'm more than willing to have random.org decide.  I've never tried gold or red.

And sidenote, I usually put my first base in almost the same spot (old XCOM habits I guess) but a little farther south, and named it Corpsica :P
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2019, 11:26:48 am »

Let's go with Green then :)

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2019, 03:10:38 pm »

Did we decide on a codex? Because I should be able to use the drill once we have the 2nd extractor running. Though workshops aren't that far off now that we have durathread in the pipeline, so maybe we should just not hire runts and then build over the extractor.

I suddenly feel very dense. I've consistently forgotten that it's possible to have more than one extractor every time I've played this.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 21, 2019, 03:59:37 pm »

The Shambler Carcass is cut up, and I find out that we can already butcher the live ones, as they have been studied. Off we go, then!
The brainers want to develop some kind of rotogun, the first scetches look more like childrens drawings of what could be a gatling gun made out of bits and pieces. The brainers assure me that that is exactly right.

The Lokks need help. Again.

With our tried and true tactic of illuminating the field by way of bow armed peasant we manage to kill and subdue all ninja gals without taking a scratch.

We do NOT get any apples though.  :'(

A hoe tells us about a slave, which for some reason allows us to think about running our own brothel. Sounds good to me. (-> pimpcraft)

Slave soldiers could be researched as well, but I'll delay the decision (I totally didn't forget this. Nope, definitivly not.)

Ahhh, another Academy complex. This time we'll go in the daylight, I don't want to meet those things in the dark again.
That gives us enough time to  kill some traitors.
Unfortunatly they also manage to kill our peasant. And lightly wound half the gals, but whatever, it won't take them long to recover. The traitors on the other hand, they'll recover in traitor-hell.
2 Highwaymen accompany us on our way home. They are too badly shot up to be of any entertainment right now though.

Durathread is some nice stuff! The brainers should try to find out to work it ASAP.

The Lokk Scriptures are about some Snake Queen. Not a pirate, so she can't be terribly important. The Assassination trophy is next. Seems like Jack wasn't the only one who had this idea.

4 Lokk'Naar arrive, fresh from ... whatever it is what they do when they are not pirates.
The Experiments are on the other side of the globe, so I kinda forget about them for a while, nothing to do with me not wanting to confront those monsters again, though. That gives the brainers time to show me the prototype flintlock rifle. It is basically a primitive sniper rifle. We don't have any proper ones, but I am not convinced. Maybe someone else will like them enough. The assassination trophy can be exchanged for favours from the Alliance, to absolutly no ones surprise.
More Lokk Scriptures, and the RCF Carbine now. I was told if we take apart enough different guns someone will start selling us guns. I know, that sounds wierd, but what on this hellhole planet isn't?

We almost make to an Aircar Race with the speeder, but there is no price for 2nd place.  We could make slayer armor for our Lokks now, if we had chitin.

Next we take apart a UAC Carbine.

On the 7th of August the radar is operational! We send the speeder after quite a few crafts, but I don't want to waste those expensive missiles on civilian craft.

The next scriptures are about a man made of paper. I don't believe a single word and the brainer should go to the Alliance because we have enough tokens for Mutant Martial Arts.

I forgot to take a picture of the self charging laspistol, but the name is pretty self explanatory. We can now try to find out the truth behind the rumors about advanced weapons. But we don't, because the brainers can't think straight and forget the new possibilities as soon as they see something shiny. And I have no idea what their their definition of shiny is.
Anyway, scrap ... I mean Rotogun and UAC Carbine are finished as well.

Also Mutant Martial Arts, which is supposed to be important. But we are still missing things.

I want a SMG Summary (no, I don't, but whatever), the brainers try to clean a rusty niner (should let the runts do that, they actually know what they are doing. Trust me on this one, I used to be one.), find out about smoke grenades and interrogate a highwayman.

Then, finally, we make it to the academy outpost.
It is not that scary during the daylight hours, and no monsters in sight to boot. Maybe those are only active at night?
We start by taking out a guy in a pyjama and knocking a nurse out.
We want the medic alive, so some of us sneak around a hill under my leadership to get at her.

Success!

Ugh, we have a noob with us, and she was some kind of couch potato before. She can barely walk for a couple seconds without loosing breath. She is thus completly useless in close combat.

Rolan7 is lightly wounded, but we manage to capture more academics.

The new gal I talked about? She is useless as a shooter as well. How can you not even scratch the researcher from there?

That is a blatant lie! A lie I say!

The last few researcher are subdued and we can wrap this up. No serious wounds on our side. No monsters on theirs.

We are one medical supply closer to a sickbay, managed to free some poor sod and have a medic (and assortet other people). Said poor sod is wanted for questioning by the brainers. Well, life is tough.
We sell some prisoners to make room for the new guys.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 21, 2019, 04:42:41 pm »

Next we are off to hunt some giant spiders. I was told they have a nasty poison, so let's try to not let them close.
Ok, maybe this one. It looks cute and the brainers probably want a live one.

I ... was a bit over enthusiastic and didn't make it back into the van on time, had to wait for the door to close and then open again. But I managed to evade the spider, and we shall bring this one home as well!

Shortly afterwards it is time to leave the van for good (well, at least until the spiders are dealt with), the last ones don't seem to want to come closer.

Doesn't matter, we kill and wound them anyway.
The govs make US responsible for the death of 3 civvies. As if they would have survived if we didn't come. Bah!

I have no idea why we would want to produce porn, but we can pimp hoes now.

We also know how to work durathread. Not that we have any.

The RCF Carbine is pretty low lowered for a rifle, but even Lokks can carry one.

The durathread thing has inspired the brainers and they think we need a better place to produce stuff, aka a proper workshop. They are not sure about the wallpaper yet, and think it will take some time choosing it. They also take a look at dead and living spiders.

It took two of you HOW LONG to clean up this niner?

Go disassemble an assault rifle. But don't try to clean it, please.

Smoke grenades can be handy, but I forget to order some.

Prison space is scarce, so we interrogate a hoe instead of letting her work for us.

SMG summary summaries SMGs. And the Highwayman tells us about one of them, the Tommy. Funny name that is, but that thing is heavy. Not bad, but I am not really into those big 2-handed SMGs (with some exceptions).

All three brainers look for advanced weapon rumors now.

The hoe just sings us a song (In the Hideout, #34), but the living spider reveals interesting details about animal poison.

That leads to more ideas about poison and acid, something the brainers pursue immediately. They also interrogate the experiment victim.

We open a prepper box, I think we got it from the humanist nazi scum. Guess they didn't make it to their stash in time when we arrived.

The giant spider carcass reveals that they use poison (no shit!) which does some nasty bio damage and that they have some, but not much, natural armor. The brainers shall interrogate a researcher.

The experiment victim tells us about evil grass and then dies. Oops. I guess we can free them to get some tokens from the Alliance from now on?

Let's interrogate the medic now!

Assault rifles are decent allrounders, and with AP ammo they can wound even moderatly armored foes. Nothing special either, solid and a bit boring. Integrated devices next.

The rumors seem to be true. I WANT!

Durathread armor is next, and I want to see the centrefold of the new gun almanac!

We have some money, so I decide that a new hideout is in order. They are to be named after famous woman-pirates, yes? I shall name this hideout Rina Wind ... what do you mean "no!"?
I AM famous. Do you know who I am? See, that is proof right there!
Bah, what do you mean "piratesses of yore"? When was this yore? Oh, before the star gods came? Damn, that is the mythical age or something.
Oh well, if it can't be named after me, we shall name it after the famous central provice pirate that you just told me about and that I had never heard about until now. Famous my ass!
Ching Shih

At least the location fits, I guess.

The gal in the gun almanac has 4 arms and a gun in each one. I think I'm in love!
(Yes, she misses legs, who cares?)
The brainers insist we all read the stats of the assault smg. They are boring.

Spider Silk that came out of the dead spiders shall be next.

And then the extractor is done and after some discussion we decide to put the drill in the green hole.
Feels good!

« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 05:50:35 pm by Rince Wind »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 29