Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 29

Author Topic: X-piratez succession game  (Read 73717 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: X-piratez succession game
« Reply #120 on: July 29, 2019, 11:34:54 am »

Fakedit:  I've already started, but I certainly don't mind a new player joining somewhere on the list!  I guess it's up to whoever gets delayed.
Did you know that sometimes doors don't close right after your turn ends, and you can get fireballed before it shuts because fuck you?

Standard grenades go off at the end of the turn. Automatic/sliding doors close at the start of every turn.
Yeah but that was an imp fireball, so it exploded when the imp threw it.  Shouldn't have gotten through the door (or even been thrown) if the door closed properly.

Are you looking for another player?  I might be able to pound out a month (maybe half a month).

If this were regular X-Com, I'd say you've passed the point of where failure is inevitable.  But this is X-Piratez, which is actually a lot better in that regard, on account that you're already playing in a world where the humans lost.
Indeed!  We have our original base, with its almost-unreplaceable lab.  We have our spacious hull with which to someday make our flagship.  All is not lost!
Wait, someone sold all the stun batons??  WE'RE DOOMED :'(
Really though I love stun batons ):
Cattle prods are so slow and two-handed, and fisticuffs are so deadly.
I guess energy lassos are cool but looks like we don't have any more

Skyranger anyone?

No.

It's a death tube with one exit.
Agreed, it's a nostalgia trap XD
Remember to get rid of one of the extractors, probably the "south" one, furthest from the hangars. And the old burrows once the new ones are built.
Oof I was resistant at first because all my instincts are saying "turtle up and maximize manufacturing", but I agree.  Cash-on-hand aside, in order to hire 50 more runts we'd need two more barracks up, which would take half a month. Just not feasible nor necessary.

I removed the lower extractor.  Tried to replace it with a barracks but extractors can't be built over.  Which is for the best, as the location is far from the entry points.  What I *want* is a Large Barracks, that would be so nice...  But we need Aqua Plastics for the Air Filtration tech.  Apparently we have no plastics to research, despite having aqua hatchets... gambling lol.  That means underwater missions are an immediate priority, which means either somehow scrounging up for a Turtle... or taking the half-price and awful Blowfish.

Though IIRC the Large Barracks has a massive up-front cost, too.  It's all about cash flow, really...  At least we had some non-blue chips accumulated, sold them.  It's a shame, but counterfeiting is very far away and we need cash now.

I can't really use the Turtle yet without reinforcements anyway, so I'll handle that first.  Watch, gonna get wiped out by *another* base defense before the month even ends :P 
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 29, 2019, 12:07:18 pm »

I don't mind my turn being delayed, so EuchreJack can play just before mine , after Rolan7 complete his already started turn
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 12:09:55 pm by Robsoie »

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 29, 2019, 12:30:40 pm »

We won't have that flagship for long if we keep loosing ships though. :P

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 29, 2019, 01:27:39 pm »

Mmph, my head...  Where's the soycaf in this joint?  Ah, here we go. 
*sluuurp*
Where the hell is everyone?
Huh, deja voodoo.  Like I've had this hangover before.
Wait, why do I remember dying?  That's weird *sluuurp*
but seriously where is everyone

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Scrap that extractor!  Make a beast den, not a burrow!  Make a large barrack- oh "waaah waah, everyone would suffocate", just clear the space we'll figure it out later!

Get me doggos, runts, and a few good gals!  It's time to fortify, people!

Finish up that junkpile you're working on then move on.  Wire is nice and all but we don't need metal or chemicals clogging the stores, we need moolah.  As for y'all messing with the computer...  Eh carry on for now, but I think you just want an excuse to browse forums.

The data mining is obviously important, but webjobs?  Eeh.  Still, it's important to have a stash of data.

and now we wait
I'm still not sure why we even have radar, but I guess we'll have interception again someday.  Not on my watch, but someday.

Our codex gives me the strength to accept this situation, and the disgust to drink heavily and try to make tomorrow better

A ninja gal told us how not to be seen:  People only have 90 degrees of vision.  She was never seen again.

Steel is like, steel, but you add carbon to it.  sure checks out.  Whatever "nanofibers" be.  But hey, better armor seems vaguely useful for our cursed band.  Haha wait how did that unlock Longbow research, that's some serious draw power

"Might" as in "doesn't", ratmen don't care about themselves, much less each other.  They only attack our bases when they get hungry.  Little creeps.  Taught us about mini SMGs though.

Nurse taught us being wounded makes our bodies not work so good.  The brainers wanted to test that empirically but I let her go, we're not like them.  Never like them.

Data disc: "Vessels made with Star God technology are difficult to destroy" That's what I've been saying!!!

Mutant Pogrom in Thebes, but I hear they be havin the good voodoo, it'll be fiiine.  ):

Like I said, creeps.  He tried to convince us to eat a green eyeball he (hopefully) pulled from some monster.

Holding out for a MiRaClE (o:

Data discs continue to vindicate my "live and let live" interception policy.  Though it'd be nice to shoot down an assault team.

Researcher disagrees, says we should be intercepting rich civies.  I guess.  What'd they ever do to us, though?

Ratmen Brigand told us about luxury fur.  Not his, apparently.

Reinforcements have arrived... Just a week before payday, of course.  Still, we were sitting mostly undefended (dogs aside) so it was a matter of urgency.

Salad Dog and Sunny Reaper got the better names but worse stats, Sky Angela and Munchin Shell are pretty much 80 in both melee and firing.  Worth the dosh, and Shibari and Starlight have recovered, so we are officially back in business.

I don't know if we're ready for *this* business but uh options I guess.

Osiron Yeoman had a hidden weapon.  Math claims another victim.

Ninja Gal: "If you ever find a chest of coins, don't trust your brainers with it."  Solid advice, actually.

Reinforcements have... arrived?  Oops, I guess some were already en route when I put out the call.  Eh, that's good, means we have more hands than I thought.  Payday will hurt but the runts have been working hard.

In fact, that makes 10 hands ready for battle...  Turtle's starting to look reasonable again, though affording it will be tough.  Aaaand blast, the apples finally ran out, I was waiting for that.

Why yes random anon I would like to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even five hundred would be pretty nice.

Finally, a mission, and a cakewalk to boot!  Tempted to send the new meat out, but I think they might ask for even more money if they aren't swabbies.  Time for some reaction-training!  But not in swimsuits, it's waay too cold.  Particularly at night, bah.

Ooh, bayonetted rifles look fun.
Go forth, doggo!  Draw it out!  (Or spot a rival hunter with our luck)
Good boy, come back!  (unfortunate terrain, but should be fine)
Also wow, furs are even more effective against weather than I remembered, this is nice.
Well so much for reaction training, but I got worried okay?  Three bursts and it fell asleep.
... why the fuck didn't the mission end?  Sorry, but since when are there more things with the shambler?  Worried again...
... what's out there...
The hell, I just heard a door operate!  They're gonna steal our ship!!  AGAIN!!!
Or not, it's a second shambler!  Must have been curious or looking for food.  Charged out of the ship and swiped at Shibari but missed, bring it down gals!
Starlight panicked at the thought of being stranded out here and fired her gun wildly into the night, and a hill.
Oof that was too close actually, Salad had to sprint over and finish it.  Glad I decided to bring her along after all, she's earned her paycheck.  No wounds, and we captured them both!
Not much infamy, but good training all around.  Shibari declares herself a second Boss Gal... the day before payday... fine fine whatever.  We butcher the beasties for a nice load of unharmed fur and meat.

Yeoman warns us about Mercenary Contracts, and not to cross them.  Noted.
We found some channer's notes on dynamite.  It go boom.

Nurse tries to put the fear of death into us.  Joke's on her, I've been there for a while.

No funds warning... Are we good?
Oh yeah, we good.

So that's October finished up from the 20th.  I'll play through November then turn it over!
Research-wise I pretty much just ground lore for score (heh), since I can't make progress towards Large Barracks without a seaworthy ship for aqua plastics.  But I did start on Guns4Us - I know some of us don't believe in Peasants, but Linux SMGs are a very effective tool for them!  And it also leads to Bigger Guns for handcannons, boarding gun ammo, and all sorts of fun dakka.
Spoiler: Current Research (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bonus Datadisc (click to show/hide)
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 29, 2019, 03:48:13 pm »

Krazy Hanna, nice, I was working towards that.

And we have radar so we can follow ships in the hope that they'll land!

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 29, 2019, 03:57:09 pm »

I was worried with the losses it would impact our monthly score, but it looks like you're doing great guys !
Good so when i'll get a horrible negative score by insane streak of bad luck in missions it will not end our run :D

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 29, 2019, 04:31:55 pm »

Never thought I'd say this, but I'm starting to wish I'd let that burrow finish.  Beast dens are bae, but 10 more bunks would justify the Turtle (or fill out the workshop).

But wishes ain't fishes.  Can't wait on the dream of large barracks, gotta use what we've got.  That means another barracks, and... euch, the Blowfish.  We'll need those underwater missions for plastic.

Just gotta follow the green codex - be invincible and grow steadily.  Play it safe.  As long as our dogs can protect our base, and we can pay our brainers, we're unstoppable.

More dakka pls.  And we can make blunderbusses- blunderbi? But while they're like 4 shotguns strapped together, they're still not awesome against good armor.

Uh
pls go
no bully

Ratman described his "rusty blade" until he had an accident, very sad.
Enough planning, time for an actual fight...  Though probably still a cakewalk.  And good weather.  Swimsuit time, rookies, you'll *earn* that warrior armor on my crew!
I go ahead and use the aircar, since the blowfish would be overkill and slow.  And I don't want to lug the gear over.
Oh no bad doggos ;_;
...how did you miss that!?  Warriors my butt.  Fall back, next advance!
Salad Dog gets it done, sets up overwatch against another down the street.
Oh that's convenient

Firing line works fine, confused doggos mostly mill back and forth training reaction fire.  ;_;
One tries to sneak up behind but our doggo warns us, we ambush and win easily.  As expected, some much needed basic training. 
Plus two government agents!  And their snacks.
Aaand a stapler?  Good dog, I guess
Some may call this madness, but I call it security.

Doomed farm... Hrmmm.  On the one hand, getting chewed up by chaingunners.  On the other hand, I want their chainguns.  Worth a visit, at least.
Spent turn 1 just stacking up properly, letting the foes tire themselves out.
Aha, tricksy chaingunner down there.  Good dog.  Sunny goes out and puts down the shotgunner while doggo takes cover.
Lost track of the chaingunner while edging up the sides of the building, but doggo takes down a soldier like a ninja (apparently soldiers get shotguns too sometimes, weird).
Oops this one was hiding behind a tree, doggo missed him.  Sunny managed to wound him and get to wrestling range...

Wasn't enough, she got shot unconscious.  Doggo went back and finished the soldier, but gotta get a medic to her - meanwhile the chaingunner struck from the darkness and OHKO'd Munchin Shell, damn!  I wasn't expecting that from such range and behind a fence, or a one-hit kill, but alright.
Exhausted doggo prepares to buy time for Sky to heal Sunny
Oh dammit how did he sneak back THERE??  Or are there 2?  Crap crap

Okay he tried to steal the ship but realized it was a Blowfish.  Salad ran in and put him down.
There *is* another one in the darkness, Rising Badger got hurt bad but still up.  Falling back to cover, but having trouble breathing.
Rash Cap got a nice reaction kill in that lettuce field, then this sarge around the corner tried to melee her. 
Shoots him dead, then that OTHER one in the cabbage patch, then- oh good she found the chaingunner *kneels and prays*

Wow she took a lot of shots.  RIP Rash.
Dammit I got three bandages on Sunny but she bled out anyway.  Doggo took a shotgun blast.  This is getting bad.
Three bogeys destroy Sky's cover as they advance, nevermind I'm pretty sure she was completely concealed.  Fortunately she's fine, and one of them dies from another's shotgun.  This was her peeking out to get a look, she took cover again.
Frick they move fast!  Glad he advanced on us though, he only got one burst off.
Sky is having a bad day.  She got another kill on one that flanked from the north, and then, though, and then yet another on a sarge to the south.  She's bleeding out quick though, I was hoping that would end the mission.

Everyone's too exhausted to move, but I'm ferrying the medkit up to her.  When two chuckleheads wound the gal with the medkit through a window and tight corner.  Fine, let's end this!!
i hate corners so gdmn much

Okay got him down, but there's at least another.  Sky passes out.  Aha, back at the ship of course, another soldier.
pleeeease work... nope, there's more.
oh gdmit how did y'all not seem him THERE?
Salad spins, kneels, and gets off an amazing snapshot!  And he goes down!
...BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE FML

Another moves out of cover, Salad plugs him TOO, but there's.  still.  more.
Sky dies in Risin's arms, 5TU short of getting a bandage.  Risin's bleeding out too, but we patch her up.

Three left:  Salad (Amazing MVP), Risin', and Honorable Mugs who carried the medkit.  I could fall back but I don't want to abandon our dead.  Or the loot they died for.  Besides, we must be sooo close.
Sky gets a reaction shot through that window, wow.  Not enough to kill but wounds- WAIT
FRICK ME, THEY GET GRENADE LAUNCHERS?
He's down from massed reaction fire, grenade hit the roof overahead, BUT.  THERE'S. MORE.
On the plus side they're nearby, and shot Sky with some sort of SMG.  Can't fricken see them though!
DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE - killed one, other knocks her unconscious with melee.  Alright!
Honorable Mugs has gone berserk!  Screams about big guts, kills him dead!
THERE'S MOOOOOORE
I would use the medkit to get Sky back up, but I have no idea where I dropped it.  why hasn't bughunt mode triggered.

Okay it's turn 35 now.  I managed to walk Risin and Honorable back to the ship for... I don't know what for.  I didn't bring beer or grog.  Might as well grab fresh weapons, but the scary thing is I'm *pretty* sure the last enemy is stuck behind a wall.  The "enemy movement" phase is going very fast.  This sucks.

Oh boy, I was stacked up in the ship letting stamina recharge, and they both went insane and sprinted outside without their equipment.  That's... that's great.
Alright you derps, start dragging loot inside I guess-
w-wait what was that??  That was an enemy, right?!  Where was that??

...Did an enemy stand back up with no weapon?  Doom enemies don't surrender, I bet!  Hot DAMN I just gotta grab some guns and hunt it down!

OH FUCK IT'S ARMED ahahahaha ;_;
there goes Risin.  Honorable throws down her gun in frustration. 
pick it up pick it up - okay she did but threw it down again.
cheeky motherfugger snuck up and hit her in the back, but she's still up.  You're gonna have a bad day.
THANK FUCK
THANK YOU
THAT SUCKED

Okay so lessons learned:
Don't fight dark ones at night, duh, they have dark vision and use lots of fire attacks that light you up
Keep a grog on the ship, maybe some beers
DON'T FIGHT DARK ONES AT NIGHT

Oof it's only the 6th XD  Sorry, I was constantly sure it was the last enemy.  I don't plan on taking on another fight that tough this turn.  It could not have been any closer.
also sorry if I swore or caps'd too much, got a stomach thing happening and also bughunting sux.  Particularly at night with no stamina regen to speak of
She/they

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 29, 2019, 04:50:56 pm »

Congratulations in beating those guys at night !

I was surprised to learn the hard and painfull way that those doom monsters see further in the night (24 !) that a Gals using a night ops armor (20) so normal armored gals with their 12 night vision aren't going to have a good time sadly.
Better indeed fight the doomed during the day to be on equal footing.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 29, 2019, 04:52:16 pm »

I usually prefer fighting at day pretty soon, because unlike the enemies I know what cover is.

At night, I always want someone who can light up the scene, that is what I use peasants with flame arrows for. (Not that I invented this tactic. :D)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 29, 2019, 04:56:18 pm »

Interestingly it looks like the doomed takes extra damage from burn (not the chaingunner that takes normal damage) , so throwing firey things everywhere is a valid night fight tactic against them, out of just putting more light sources :D

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 29, 2019, 06:40:32 pm »

Well.  Those of us who survived, must press on.
Black knight...  Why does that sound familiar?  Such wisdom in our Codex.
That belt does not look safe.  Eh?  The ammo belt, of course!  Though now that you mention it...
OwO 
Quick throw some SMGs and cattleprods in the car!
Oh... Actually I don't think this is a swimsuit and prod situation after all.
Doggo got a brief glimpse of a chick in dark clothing and blonde ponytail.  Isn't that a govt pilot?  Sorry for the misunderstanding, carry on!  No harm done at least (except doggo ;_;)
It seems a shame to do this on anything but bikes, harrumph.  But yay a source of craft weapons for the rest of y'all :P

Researcher showed us how them harpoon-guns work.  The effort they put in to take us home alive be both chillin' and flatterin'.

Ran out of computers to disassemble, got some juicy data though.
Ooh okay, these are fun.  Can be tricky, but usually not too bad...  Wish we had wings but meh.  Gotta be careful breaching it though, we're definitely understaffed.
This is an excellent plan with no possibility of failure!
But really, at this point speed is all we have - a little round shield isn't going to save us if the crew comes out shotguns blazing.  Not to mention the sprint up the tower is arduous.

Doggo sniffs someone - it's the mage, up on a roof!  How'd he get there?  Welp, this is what the rubber shotguns are for.
Weird, that roof actually connects with the tower.  Never seen that before.
Heh of course he leaps down after I try and find a smart way up to him.
Takes 2 rubber slugs to the back and stays up- I was always skeptical of these.  Two cattle proddings finish the job.  Looks like I'm switching to the SMGs for the craft passengers.  Hm, I could also just grab the mage and leave...  Plan B, since there's an exit zone on top of the tower as well.
Besides, moving all this booty would take forever in these suits.

Turn 6, I forgot the morale effects of swimsuits.  Cynical Mermaid is afraid of heights or something (she's our highest rank, pull it together!) but fortunately she's at the back of the line.  Still, Freckled Bee drags the mage to the car.  I hear doors operating somewhere...  Hopefully that's just the angry civilians though.

...Starlight Nightmare dropped her weapon and sprinted off the side of the tower.  FML.  It's okay, a roof broke her fall so she's only half down. 
Shibari's in position to breach and Doggo is with her, catching its breath, so we're nearly ready...
Turn 9/16, close enough let's do this!
Well the good news is she breached on the first swing.  But three people inside took reaction shots.  I didn't remember that being a thing but alright, she's okay.  Frick I wish she had a stun baton though.  Oh right she brought a party favor...
throwing a stun grenade was enough for the fricken savvy gal to reaction fire AGAIN (dead on of course) and knock her unconscious.  That seems like a lucky damage roll from a mere manstopper but what do I know.  Good thing it's a stun grenade XD
But just to be sure, in goes doggo.  Scratches up the agent a bit, then goes for the goon - who shoots the agent down, haha.  Not even dead, just unconscious.  Good doggo, sleep well!
Got nearly everyone, excellent!  A thug gets shocked on the way out, but a savvy gal actually makes it.  Briefly lose her.
Protip:  Those landing strucks are completely opaque I guess.

gdmit she doesn't go down, even tries to shoot when Starlight sneaks up the ramp beside her.
Finally we get her from both sides (ignoring a goon who stood back up.  Success!  Minor rep dings from unresearched captures, yay!
I like swimsuits, they're comfy and easy to wear.
Found a kitty (top of the list because of COURSE :3) and some other stuff!

I found the rubber slugs very disappointing, but ordered some replacements in case I was unlucky.

Oh and a chucabra hunt arrived during that trip...  I'm gonna pass.  Shamblers are one thing, but a horde of those laser-fast nightmares?  We barely survived that rat infestation, no thanks.
teehee
seriously though screw these things
Good way to do business- OMGS that's righ she sells the machineguns!  And wow, mortars/launchers/RPGs...  Panzerfaust, proper flamethrowers...

The Recoilless Rifle <3
Yeah I guess she can do business however she wants!
Ooh willie petes too, I've heard WP even burns through armored cars.  Friiick too many options.
...I'm going to avoid thinking about this, okay?
ohno.bmp
You know what, no, we only have 3 hands up I'm not dying to rats.
Ahaha HELL no.

Made some more sailor outfits, though.  Swimsuits are mostly better, but sailors get pockets and feel a whole lot less exposed.
Doggos <3 +200

Ran out of data to mine, despite the webjobbers.  That's alright, we got plenty to research for now.
OHFU

(Also Notepad++ glitched when I opened a new tab for the image URLs, and the writeup file was seemingly wiped blank.  Fortunately it crashed and recovered with the writeup, phew.  I should really stop ignoring the update XD)
She/they

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 29, 2019, 07:15:48 pm »

We really need those hideout shroud :D

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 29, 2019, 08:35:25 pm »

Ahaha HELL no.

Really? I was very intimidated by these until I finally tried one, but now I always find Ghoul Cities really easy missions - just a bit tedious.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 08:38:11 pm by E. Albright »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 29, 2019, 08:59:20 pm »

"Don't worry I'll save teh base :3"

Dammit dammit... Radar, why didn't you pick anything up?  Even a ratman band shows up, doesn't it?  They just... appeared?
All hands!  YES EVEN SICKBAY, if you can walk then we need you to grab arms!
ohgods you're still in swimsuits I mean, ahem, all hands, this is your captain speaking!  Don't panic!  The enemy may likely be from Hell itself and literally no know fear, no mercy, no thought save blind murderous rage.  But we have something they never will!

DOGS!

So remember the drills, take cover, and expand your minds to our animal companions!  They will be your eyes, ears, teeth, and uh probably your ablative armor.  But that is our right!  We fight for the Green Codex, sisters - we fight for life itself, and in its name we will SEND THEM BACK!
Huh, I'm almost relieved.  I'd feel pretty silly if it was ratmen.
Sent two doggos in to get a read of the room, and take down a sarge and gunner.  Not a sustainable trade, but the intel's important.  Intel: yikes there's a lot.
Good doggo
Turn 1 over, ambush positions taken.  Didn't scout the second hangar but presumably similar situation.  Not pictured: probably like a dozen on the balconies of the hangar.  I'll need to secure the walkways next turn.  But first it's time to let them enter our ambush...
A pinky sprinted south, probably hoping to crawl down an extractor and be a pain in our butts.  But overall about as expected.
This brave doggo was attacked by a sarge and pinky in that position.  Survived unharmed and tore them apart!
And here's the one that tried to get away, hehe.
Hah... end of turn 2.  It's hard to do justice to how many enemies just died.  At least 12... maybe close to 20, but it's hard to keep track.  The gunners take a lot of bites, more than the pinkies seems like, but they bleed and die.  One Imp fell asleep from bites heh.  ...Oh I should probably keep an eye on that, in case it wakes up.
Like halfway through turn 3.  The enemy force is utterly broken, it's only a matter of stragglers.  Our hands haven't even emerged from their positions, only doggos.  Unstoppable waves of doggo.

Starlight Nightmare pops out briefly to bind a dog's wounds <3
nice try- wait, oh crap it's dog-proof XD  NOOO OUR ONE WEAKNESS!!
I blocked it on the ladder and it ran down and all the way here, wow.
And of course it wasn't alone, ha.
Wow *really* not alone.  A sarge, imp, and soldier all had the same dumb idea.  They think they can hide~
End of turn 5
Who me, vindictive?
The green queen protects.
Oh right, healing others is an EXP action since it trains morale.
IDK Rob, I think I prefer them fighting them at home than on a dark farm~
We have to shovel the smelly corpses outside, along with some smelly rags.  Can't have them tainting our precious hellerium.  (Plus all but 1 of the demon corpses, 10 space each.)
Celebration time WOOOOO
Aw I was hoping we'd get uber wheat or helmets to make more apocalyptic cousine, but all we got was decent guns and ammo.  Speaking of:
I swear peasants are almost useful with this!  They're not just cute!  Of course proper smartweapons would help them even more.
Researcher:  "No really, you can't impress the world from your little hole!  You have to shoot things down!"
says you
"Wherez my rifle ya varmints?" "It was trash so we sold it, tough guy"

The Lokk'nar keep asking for help but I just can't do that right now, I need to abdicate for a bit...

!Mansion invasions!, the oddly NSFW idea of... burglary!
Huh, they seem alright.  Anyone anti-slavery is good by me.
...What?  What'd I say?
Very codex-appropriate. 
Oof a pretty good mission, but we're just understaffed.

Yeah that's it actually, I'm stepping back down.  I'll be in the still.  Barracks will be done in a couple days, letting t' next captain recruit whatever suits 'er fancy.

'ncluding me I guess, if ya want.  'member we's got access to all manner a' heavy weapons, HMGs and reciolless "rifles" an 'all.  And plenty of berths if ya wants to fill out teh workshop, or maybe gets us some cute peasant friends an give them Linux SMGs!  You can make them militia-train too!  s'not my call anymore tho.  I'm going back to sleep, and yous all better not disappear on me again!!

Research allllllll the things!

Ignore my IC ranting, obviously the point of this is for everyone to do what they want (:  I don't even know if I'll go with peasants, or maybe try named dogs/bloodhounds.  I'm pretty sure they're no longer auxiliaries, so you can fill a ship with them, and I don't think the naming process costs much.  Downside is they use barracks instead of animal dens, but they are still extremely fast melee powerhouses and even gain XP!  Very different role from a peasant, but a lot less investment to make deadly.
But IDK!

Ahaha HELL no.

Really? I was very intimidated by these until I finally tried one, but now I always find Ghoul Cities really easy missions - just a bit tedious.
Interesting.  I basically ignored them until I had mass produced *space suits*, never really bothered with gas masks or chem coats.  The space suits work alright but the enemies were... well they were creepy is what it boils down to, and I wasn't sure how best to avoid their chem/bio attacks.  Spooky map with a lot of concealing fog too.

EDIT: OOPS here's the file
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 09:07:31 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 29, 2019, 11:18:27 pm »

Wait, someone sold all the stun batons??  WE'RE DOOMED :'(
Really though I love stun batons ):
Cattle prods are so slow and two-handed, and fisticuffs are so deadly.
I guess energy lassos are cool but looks like we don't have any more

Not quite all. I lost 2-3 when I lost the base. 5 gals defending against an invasion, and a bug disabled the important one.

Finish up that junkpile you're working on then move on.  Wire is nice and all but we don't need metal or chemicals clogging the stores, we need moolah.  As for y'all messing with the computer...  Eh carry on for now, but I think you just want an excuse to browse forums.

The data mining is obviously important, but webjobs?  Eeh.  Still, it's important to have a stash of data.

I know, but we had like 10 apples left. I figured they may as well do something.

Ah, that's why I like the grey codex. Focus and confusion are my things.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 29