Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 29

Author Topic: X-piratez succession game  (Read 74700 times)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: X-piratez succession game
« Reply #180 on: August 06, 2019, 04:19:03 pm »

In the infested cellars there are also a few cats that if they're still alive by the end of the mission can join your animal troops at home be sold for 5k each.

Cats are interesting for one reason, though. They sense enemies, even through walls. So when you've got a cat who is still alive in the infested cellar quest, it will help you find the rats by running to the spot you need to excavate with the provided pickaxe (when you run out of TU or Stamina: drop it, walk one square away, and have another gal finish the digging).

Also, the Tac Vests won't prevent all injuries, but will reduce them. It's still an ok trade to make sometimes. The rats are worth 1k for each one you don't kill, you usually get a chateau de la morte, and you sometimes find some valuable coins. You don't usually risk death (if you have healing items so everyone who is wounded can get healed), but you get ok score, decent money, and hopefully a few Zaxx tokens.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 06, 2019, 11:40:32 pm »

What about Warrior Armor for slightly less frontal but full body protections versus Tac Vests?  From the sound of things, having the added protection on the sides may prove vital.

Sounds like shotguns (maybe with rubber bullets), SMGs, and maybe pistols are in order.  But...yuk pistols.  They tend to fire faster single shot than anything else though.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 07, 2019, 06:35:22 am »

The annoyance i have with warrior armor is that it gives a big reduction to the gals TU , meaning sometime one less snap shot in a turn, less distance covered when moving.

Shotguns are a good weapon from my run, of course focus on getting better shotguns, the ones with auto shots so you can have a target shot 3 times in a turn.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 07, 2019, 08:17:38 am »

What about Warrior Armor for slightly less frontal but full body protections versus Tac Vests?  From the sound of things, having the added protection on the sides may prove vital.

Sounds like shotguns (maybe with rubber bullets), SMGs, and maybe pistols are in order.  But...yuk pistols.  They tend to fire faster single shot than anything else though.

Against human enemies, pistols are great. They usually wound instead of kill, so a melee gal can KO them safely and quickly (then patch them up for a possible bravery boost). They shoot fast, and some are fairly accurate, which means they're also good for reaction shots. Rats are melee and live near corners, so reaction shots are great. Anything bigger than pistols kills enemies, which only sounds good if you don't know about hostages.

Against rats? Try not to blow the cat up. They swarm like crazy, so walking away makes a nice square of enemies you can hit with a single molotov. Or use pistols because rats and ratlings still go down to them quickly (although I try to keep ratlings for ransom, and the leader for robbery).

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 08, 2019, 01:23:27 pm »

So where is the turn?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 08, 2019, 03:27:59 pm »

So where is the turn?

I still got it.  I started the game with 3 missions active, so I've only gotten 2 days done.  Hope to have an update tonight.  If I get past the new mission and the remaining one, then time will hopefully go faster.  I'll probably get stonewalled by the Obligatory End Of Month Base Defense Mission.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 08, 2019, 08:42:22 pm »

And great fun was had by all...

Before recruitment, I'm going to calculate how many gals we can hire before our Mistress gets lonely and we're stuck with a Baroness that we can't afford.

One Mistress, that I happen to like.
3 bosses per Mistress, so max 5 bosses before new Mistress
4 gals per Boss, so 23 gals max before next Boss
Technically, we can go a tad over with Squaddies, but keeping them out of being promoted until their needed for replacement could be tricky, what with base defense missions and all.  23 gals total is plenty for one base anyways, and I don't think it includes the Mistress and her Boss subordinates.  Total 29?  I wanted to hire some runts anyways.  We don't even have that kind of cash, anyways.
Have 1 Mistress, 2 Boss Gals, 5 Gals, 2 Gals on route, 10 total

Recruitment Time!
We have workshop space for 10 Runts, so hire them.
And we can forget about the named dogs, we don't have the research yet...
Have space for 15 folk and they can all be hands.  Except dunno if my Slave Soldier is counted yet, so better go with 14 for now.
I'm gonna hire all hands, skip the Vets for now as we can't afford them.
Hired 10 hands after selling some stuff.

We also badly need another storage, so I'll build that, then hire as many hands as I can.

And hey, we have Militia Armor!  But we really don't need Militia right now.

Changed Special MCreeper and Rince Winded to Tac Vests, left our more competent Gals with Warrior Armor.  Sadly, both of them are going to be worlds better than the slew of new Hands that we just hired...

Off to the Infested Cellar!  Since I plan to use copious amounts of fire in a confined space, I left most of the explosives at home.  I just hope that I remember to reload them after the mission.

Mutant Alliance mission to kill Traitors pops up as we head towards the Cellar.  It looks like fun!

Academy Experiments also pops up.  I may have to rethink the whole "go on every mission" thing, and the whole "write up every mission" thing...

And Fallout music plays during this mission.  Why does that seem fitting?  I'm pretty sure I killed rats in that game while this music played as well.

Try out the UAC Chaingun versus rats.  It appears to be useless, maybe closer up?

Next, I tried out the SMG with Inferno ammo.  It's super effective!

Assault SMG wasn't too bad.  Precision Pistol seems useless: Too many APs, not enough accuracy.  Maybe the Sudoko blade might prove more useful?

And I mistaken one of our gals for an enemy and successfully shoot her with the Chaingun.  Sigh, sorry Special MCreeper...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kill some rats, except with the Chaingun, of course.

Dunno why, but the Sudoku blades fail us on the next turn.

And then we lose one of the best gals on our roster...

Then I get smart, and start using the Snap mode on the Assault SMG.  Rats die, and the survivors start to go insane.

Freckle Bee, our lone surviving Gal that knows how to fight, switches to a Combat Shotgun with inferno shot.  She proceeds to go reaction fire on the rats before they can pester us again.

Special MCreeper shows that even a half-dead gal can kill a rat with a SMG-Inferno rounds!

What, I don't have to break into any secret room?

Not worth the loss of a really good gal.  :'(

At least Rince Winded gets something out of all this.  Or should I say Boss Rince Winded?

How did Boss Rince Winded get the Chaingunner award?  She wasn't armed with the Chaingun!

The Gal who died, may she go haunt somebody else for a while.

Since Rince Winded is the only Gal not injured, A Hiatus on Missions has been called!

We get some research, yay!

With our shortage of Gals, we won't be hiring Peasants for Base Defense missions for quite a while.
Guard Iduno has volunteered to hold down the fort while the Gals go on missions.  Thanks Iduno!
(You better hope the next batch of gals don't get wiped out, or you'll be coming out to play with the rest of us)

We run out apples.  That Infested Cellar mission probably bought us an extra day of production.

Next Mission?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 08, 2019, 09:04:21 pm »

I've swapped out the Pain Delivery Van for an Airspeeder (tentatively to be named Pain Delivery Speeder, pending better ideas).  We can purchase Seagull missiles and Launchers, and we already have a couple.  Long run, Aircar with 20mm dual cannon is probably better for a cost-to-loot ratio, but if Pain Delivery Speeder doesn't die, it should shoot down more loot than the cost of the missiles.

Right now, Rince Winded would be the pilot by default.  Hopefully for her, one of the new gals will be a better pilot and show up before its first testfight.  Its kinda suicidal...

As for my playthrough, its been a bit slow.  I'll see what I can do to punch out some time, but I plan on turning over the save by the end of the weekend, however far (or not) I've gone.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 08, 2019, 10:24:17 pm »

Unfortunately, the Burning Town mission expired before the fire extinguishers arrived, suicide mission cancelled.  I hope nobody is too disappointed.

Non-combat update, as I just recruited everybody.

But first, some research!

Welcome our new runts!

The perfect training mission for new recruits!

More Research!

Meet the new recruits!  I tried to fit in everyone that posted in this topic, if I missed someone, or someone lurking wants a recruit, let me know.  We still have openings, I expect more recruits will be needed to replace supplement these lot.  And I'm sure one of the Rolan7s would be willing to go back to being a Runt if someone wants an character urgently.

...I suggest checking out the newbies, while they last!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 09, 2019, 02:59:52 am »

The Legend of the Night Ninja Gals!

Finally, something to shoot down!
And vessel lost...that sucked.  One of the Rolan7's is lost at sea.  Might get a mission to get her back, dunno.

Training mission trains some gals.  Blond EGAN_BW gets the first kill, despite our using non-lethal weapons.  Well, I guess they're less-lethal.

Research time!

The Long-awaited Scarab is done researching!
Scarab is expensive, and uses primary Heavy Craft Weapons, which we don't have.  And I have no idea how we might have it, either.

More research!

Waste time undersea.  Bah.

I think I'm in love...

I take out my fustrations on a poor Lokk'Naar farmer.  Claim he didn't pay his debts, so its ok.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 09, 2019, 03:12:01 am »

Sorry to take up so much space, but a couple of things:
I'm at November 26th, so the Obligatory Base Defense Mission should trigger soon.
I just realized that I might have forgotten to put the newbies in the Dojo.  Now fixed.  Uh, not enough space for everyone, so Iduno, who has had the Dojo mostly to himself for the past two weeks, gets kicked out for a bit.  Any advice on the Dojo would be appreciated.  Does it only track end-of-month, every day, or what?

The big questions:
The whole world is about to open up to us.  All we need is money.  To that end, what should be our next big expense?  I can probably scrounge up about a Million Credits after the end of the month payday, so what single major project is worth the moolah?

Suggestions open, but the following spring to mind:
1) Purchasing Scarab
2) Building a new base (we're full at the Queen's HQ)
3) Buying a Ship Engine: It's the easiest way to get into flight (rather than capturing one), and will allow us to build Hunter-Killers (when we can afford more Ship Engines).

I'm pretty tired, so it should be several hours before I continue.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 09, 2019, 04:27:32 am »

Hot Pursuits wouldn't have been a good mission for us anyway.

I am all for a 2nd base, we are way behind.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 09, 2019, 04:46:28 am »

Good job, it looks like the base is going strong with all those new hands with good stats.
Incredible to see that Expendable Robsoie even survived a few mission !
:D

For spending money, i think you shouldn't buy a ship engine, they can be found on medium landed ship.

The Scarab is good at creating crashed UFO mission (as long as the pilots are competent), on my own run i have it equipped only with 50mm canon (i have a "Lil'Ilya missile launcher but no ammo for it too) and the 3 peasants (that maxed out their training on Dojo) can shoot very small or small UFO without problems.
I have avoided trying to force crash medium ships for now (mostly waiting for when i have a sure way to have ammo for the better ship weapon i have in stock) as from a past test they have very strong weaponry.

But a new base could be very usefull if we only have one for now , extra base means extra coverage to spot landed ufo (and get that landed medium ship to fetch the ship engine :D) .

EDIT : so there's a new version of xpiratez, as Dioxine didn't post anything in the "upgrading your save" thread it should then be safe to update
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,4133.0.html
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 05:00:27 am by Robsoie »

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 09, 2019, 09:13:59 am »

And I mistaken one of our gals for an enemy and successfully shoot her with the Chaingun.  Sigh, sorry Special MCreeper...

Ah, right. That's the other benefit of pistols. Less bullets fired means less accidental hits.

Guard Iduno has volunteered to hold down the fort while the Gals go on missions.  Thanks Iduno!
(You better hope the next batch of gals don't get wiped out, or you'll be coming out to play with the rest of us)

Wow. Those are hilariously bad stats.

Most of us do. Do we have enough rope and moonshine to do shakeups for everyone with less than 60 bravery? At a base with a surgery and one or two other +healing buildings, obviously.

EDIT : so there's a new version of xpiratez, as Dioxine didn't post anything in the "upgrading your save" thread it should then be safe to update

I would wait a few days for that, so the end of the next turn? Also, what was changed? I know "Old Earth Base holds 3/4 as many brainers, and you'll need new research then a new building to put the extras back into service" wasn't in the "upgrading your save" thread because it wasn't a conflict.

And I agree with catching a landed medium ship. Easy way to get an engine and some good hostages, especially if we can't shoot down a very small ship yet.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 12:06:32 pm by Iduno »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 09, 2019, 11:26:39 am »

Good job, it looks like the base is going strong with all those new hands with good stats.
Incredible to see that Expendable Robsoie even survived a few mission !
:D

For spending money, i think you shouldn't buy a ship engine, they can be found on medium landed ship.

The Scarab is good at creating crashed UFO mission (as long as the pilots are competent), on my own run i have it equipped only with 50mm canon (i have a "Lil'Ilya missile launcher but no ammo for it too) and the 3 peasants (that maxed out their training on Dojo) can shoot very small or small UFO without problems.
I have avoided trying to force crash medium ships for now (mostly waiting for when i have a sure way to have ammo for the better ship weapon i have in stock) as from a past test they have very strong weaponry.

But a new base could be very usefull if we only have one for now , extra base means extra coverage to spot landed ufo (and get that landed medium ship to fetch the ship engine :D) .

Well, they weren't real missions.  If you survive a base defense mission, it'll be a miracle/tragedy.

And of course a new version of X-Piratez comes out during my turn.  GREAT

Ah, right. That's the other benefit of pistols. Less bullets fired means less accidental hits.

Wow. Those are hilariously bad stats.

Most of us do. Do we have enough rope and moonshine to do shakeups for everyone with less than 60 bravery? At a base with a surgery and one or two other +healing buildings, obviously.

Eh, Special MCreeper survived.

Remember that your character is just an enhanced pureblood human male, not a mutant Gal like everybody else, hence the lousy stats.  But you only cost $2500 a month, so its good enough to help the dogs on base defense missions.  Dogs can't throw Black Powder bombs, after all.

To the best of my knowledge, we don't have access to shakeups, and I don't know enough about them to know what we're missing.  Also, we don't have a surgery, and I don't expect it soon.

Hot Pursuits wouldn't have been a good mission for us anyway.

I am all for a 2nd base, we are way behind.

I should probably point out that I think our primary base both lacks a library (since we don't have the tech) and a place to put the library, unless one of the Plantations gets sold, which is probably inevitable at this point.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 29