Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29

Author Topic: X-piratez succession game  (Read 74434 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: X-piratez succession game
« Reply #210 on: August 12, 2019, 01:45:55 pm »

I'm glad I'm still in the Infirmary.  Maybe I can get injured and go back there until the next Commander takes over.  :P

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 12, 2019, 04:17:25 pm »

Man, that's a tragedy

December WEEK 2

There was a com tower near our base, it's used for propaganda, Expendable Robsoie from her infirmary bed ordered the destruction of it, with explosion if possible.

It was filled with Church of Sirius members, the boss wasn't caring and so we resumed the assault
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Gals remembered the rules of engagement from their boss

Overkill is not a word that was part of them.
The mission went well after that, if "well" meant we got several Gals wounded.
But at least there were more explosions and a positive note in the end.

Positive because all the Gals got nice xp points in many things, without being dead yet !
And when the Gals returned the brainers told them they had discovered
Super Saw Off
that seemed nice, had auto shot (2 instead of 3) and could be used 1 handed.

We had now several kevlar meshes, the Gals launched the production of a few Guerilla Gear while a medium sized ufo was flying at some distance before disappearing.

The Noblewoman wasn't that noble anymore after the Brainer got finished with her and told her a mysterious "sometime the answer is hidden in plain sight" , yeah more useless things that aren't about explosions, the boss was disapointed.

Coincidence ? a very small UFO landed close, we sent Gals to investigate but the UFO saw them coming and launched to space immediately.
Pondering for a few seconds the last words of the noblewoman, before forgetting about them with vodka, the Gals were thinking about the next move.

When not only they got a distress call but a pogrom warning then later an organ grinder (ha ha, no thanks).
Decision from the boss was to get to the pogrom first and explode everything there, it was mostly a test to see if we could survive a pogrom with explosions.

Looks like it was a bandit invasion as we saw ratmen, highwaymen, ghouls etc ..., they tasted the new Gals combat doctrine

The town was near destroyed.

It was filled with enemies everywhere, without explosions i don't think the Gals would have made it alive (lots of them were wounded i was really surprised some survived the many shots they took), well one of them was killed and that was Nasty EuchreJill, after getting hurt by a blood dog, she got then murdered by some ghoul shooting at a distance while she was out of ammo (as she used her grenade launcher as reaction fire)
The ghoul after that had a mortar heavy shell landing on him, i guess he should have thought before rushing and shooting, mortars did a good job against the 2 armored cars that were roaming around.

But no sadness as the lost Gal did good so the Gals launched a goodbye party.
For the party a prisonner told us about Military supply mission the enemy likes to do, thinking he would get safe from this... he was wrong.

Lots of UFO were suddenly spawning around, that's going to have a negative score impact, annoying but good we got some positive score in that first week to counter balance those pests.

Only 3 of the 8 Gals could still fight after that progrom, fortunately a few Gals got out of the infirmary, so we could gather a squad of 6 for the warehouse wars that just started close by, the current Mistress herself (Cynical Mermaid) was now available, but she wasn't just right in her head as she was screaming something like "kill them all!" every 2 hours and a half so the boss decided to assign her a savage outfit and a barbaric axe so she have a field test of those axes things.

It started well with explosions !

But the Mistress decided to ax murder 3 guild folks, oh well at least she got more xp, we should really get her to get some therapy, she's a bit too bloodthirsty for the boss, because she does not make things explode, she only ax destroy them.

Out of this, the situation with the wounded was getting a bit out of hand, an explosion in the previous mission wounded 3 Gals , Expendable Robsoie noticed that and decided to add some water in her vodka and asked the Gals that in the next mission they would go for a complete knock out fiesta, no explosion, promise !
Until the Gals finally get the hang of handling dangerous things without compromising personal health.

I guess someone at the Sick Bay isn't making a great job, but as the boss had no idea who was that, none walked the plank for now, to distract the investigation the brainers suggest to work on
Weed Plantation
Because apparently it makes money, the Academy Medic interested in that plan for some reason shared his infos on
Life Support System
It didn't prevented her to be fed to the sharks when the boss figured out it wasn't really helping for more explosions.

Meanwhile the brainer discovered that
Zombies
are zombies, well done guys !

Some missions were waiting, but with so few Gals able, Expendable Robsoie had no real choice but to wait until some of the troops would get better to send them to their doom, especially as she was very close to be able to get into missions again

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 12, 2019, 08:19:14 pm »

Status as of December 2nd, 2601:

I think we were planning on getting rid of the burrow (2nd from left, 2nd from bottom) once the beast den completed (it did). That'll get us one more hopefully useful room. Maybe a library?

And maybe put a new barracks (do we need one?) next to the hangar? We'll have a fairly defensible base.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 10:51:57 pm by Iduno »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 12, 2019, 10:06:16 pm »

Keep in mind that building over the burrow will be faster than building over dirt, but yeah.  We don't need a burrow with barracks and animal dens, it's just a placeholder to be built over.

I'm enjoying the writeups!  I'd say more but I want to do them justice :P
Love the many Rolans
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 13, 2019, 01:29:48 am »

Instead of dumping more money into our base, could we please have a second base? At least until we can build a library, that has to go in the main base.  Regarding the personnel, I would suggest a recruitment drive, we are way below the soft cap of triggering another Mistress.  On that note, should you decide to recruit some more gals (or other things if your cheap) I would humbly request another character.  Ghost out

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 13, 2019, 06:13:05 am »

Yeah, i was planning on a 2nd base, i was waiting to recover a decent amount of money (as i went into spending half of what you had left into weaponry and explosive things :D )  , something that happened in week 3 that i'm currently playing, thanks to a very lucrative temple raiding with lots of money purse and a bag of money.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 13, 2019, 09:23:40 am »

December WEEK 3

Good news : some Gals are out of the sick bay
Bad news : Expendable Robsoie is out of the sick bay

At least the Brainers looked into
Rifle Bullet Manufacturing
that allowed us to manufacture more ammo types

And because they're amazing, the brainers figured out that a
Zombie Fatman
is a fat zombie ! didn't i told you the brainers are extraordinary ...
At least we also got the analysis of a zombie fatman corpse

Anyways, time to raid the temple of Sirius, we had a good need of money.
The boss is with us, and according to her rule , "no exploding this time, we try to knock out everyone" , easier said than done when you still have the Mistress in the ship with her barbaric ax as she didn' want to switch to something else.

The situation wasn't that good, especially as several of the Gals that are able at that point are still not that trained (and so even in swimsuit remains with little TU). The best Gal, the Mistress/Ax murderer will just running around looking for not-KO-ed cultists to cut in two.
Assuming they survive , it should make a good training for the current weaklings so they get more TU

It was good, the Mistress even refrained to cleave people and punched them unconscious with her massive strength (the savage outfit helps)

Expendable Robsoie was wounded by the priest of the cult, fortunately (or unfortunately depending on who you ask at the base) she was patched up quickly and could resume shooting people with her chaingun.
Said priest ran right into the heavy machinegun we posted in overwatch at the temple entrance, bad luck i guess.

In the end it was good enough, we killed more cultists than planned (the "better them than us" engagement rule) and got a few interrogation targets. More importantly we had money (bag of cash and money purse) and gals like Special MCreeper and Violent Rolan7 made some good xp (and more TU).

Expendable Robsoie managed to get another 2 weeks in the sick bay, we are starting to believe the boss may have wounded herself on purpose to avoid doing the missions she orders us to do, what an useless ruler.

Happy to see some money (we're back over 1 million ! )  finally coming instead of leaving, the brainers discovered some
Hideout Shroud
technology supposed to reduce he chance of us being detected by 50% , a good way to avoid possibly getting so many base defense.
the smarter brainer also completed his researches on the
Zombies Examination
so we know their stats now , they're indeed zombies.

A bounty hunt popped up again, 2 gals fortunately emerged from coma to replace the wounded one, and that dubious boss of us.
Expendable Robsoie told us that the previous rules were no more, we were back to "explode everyone" as long as our prison was still filled with prisonners.

Meanwhile Guard Iduno is still guarding the base.

Time to now strike at a Humanist Arsenal (the bounty hunt) , maybe we'll get more stuff and goodies from this, and hopefully no wounded Gals.
From her sick bay bed, Expendable Robsoie left some tactical notes to help us in the mission, something about "boom", "explosion" , "destroy" etc... I mean at that point what were we expecting from her ?

Once on the zone, we deploy , the Gals were still feeling some unease when the Mistress and her barbaric axe took position in the middle.

The fight started but it was unfortunately clear that the humanist had some kind of night vision device because they were seeing us from beyond our views, so much for our "special power" , it got Special Mcreeper a rain of bullet, sadly she died just before a Gal reached her to stabilize her wounds.

That made the Mistress go full amok , she cleaved in 2 a military police despite his body armor and it was only the beginning for her, she wanted blood and Special Mcreeper was only an excuse.

We also deployed the mortar as a retaliation, we could hear in radio the boss being so happy that things were going to exploding.

After some ax murdering spree, the mission finally completed we were in fact very glad to have the Mistress there because the humanist arsenal had a bunch of military police that are well armored, barbaric ax maniac was tremendous against them.
The bad side is that she tires quickly so she had to take turn to refill her energy as we forgot to give her some energy drink

so more wounded and another death :/, man that wouldn't be good if it wasn't for a very nice loot.

It was time the brainers were finished with torturing that damned Ghoul, we got information about
Toxigun
A very nasty chemical gun, unfortunately it does not make things explode .. yet.

A mansion robbery opportunity happened, sadly we were extremely low on able Gals so instead we relaunched production of Chateau de la Mort as we got apples it should make more than a million in the month. We should then be able to build a new base soon.

Between screams of terror an altar boy told us about
Topaz
that seemed shiny , maybe related but we detected a Bandit Town nearby, the boss ordered it to be crushed, probably with explosions, Expendable Robsoie being so predictable.

We met the bandit lord, our axe murderer Mistress badly hacked him, but on order from our own boss saved him from death as we needed the informations he could have on more explosive things. Good she had some bandages to stop the heavy bleeding on that bandit boss due to ax murdering hacking.

The battle was though as it became clear that we had no night vision advantage as the bandits had special guys there (the Gals only have better night vision than basic civilians, but nearly every other enemies have either the same or for most of them have much better night visions than the Gals) we had to use grenades to clear large open areas we knew had enemies but could approach without risking nasty reaction fire from the whole maps.

It was also very tedious map because it seemed the enemies were nearly never moving out of their spawning zone, i nearly thought i was playing that Xenonaut game in which the AI nearly never move around, very annoying.

Anyways, we had a lot of wounded Gals again but we completed the mission surprisingly without loss (as most Gals were unconscious i thought they were goner but still in the end they weren't yet dead) , some good luck for once.

A Guild Hostess told use about the
Fun-Go
drink, but we threw her to the shark anyways.
We spotted another Warehouse Wars but we had to postpone, only 4 Gals in the whole base were still able, i wanted to recover more in case we get a base defense. Maybe i should recruit but in the same time i'm sparring money for a new base (1.2 million for a new base !)

The Brainers put together the plans of an
Assault Machinegun
Sounds nice and more accurate than our heavies MG though obviously less damaging, we finally got more infos on the
Singer Zombie Examination
Those are nasty things, a G.O. screamed while telling us about not being able to manufacture some stuff until we had the required buildings in the base, he's still screaming , it's amusing the sharks apparently.
Zombies
researches taught us about some of them having "zombie juices", i don't want even know what it is.
A Military Police told us about Riot Shield before escaping by jumping through a window, poor guy he couldn't guess the shark pool was just below.
A Brigand was asked about Manstopper pistols, he revealed it all gladly , the sharks were really happy to hear that before eating him.

It was a more tiring week than i thought, probably because it's nerve wracking to play in ironman for old me :D

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 13, 2019, 01:25:39 pm »

Maybe you were standing in the light in that arsenal mission? It is not indicated in night vision mode.

I still don't understand why everyone is so eager to do nightmissions. Bandit Towns stay up for a long time, could have gone in daylight.

In my game I have a convoy, and its job is basically to keep missions on the map so I can come during the day.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 13, 2019, 03:03:45 pm »

I regularly press space to make sure i'm away from light, but as mentionned the problem is that the only nv advantage you have with the ubers is against the civ-level of enemies and the bandit town features several enemies that have 16 (there were several blood hound and ratman brigands on that map) and several that has the same nv as ubers.

The reason of night battle is the mix of lesser visibility range and light manipulation (throwing fire/light a long distance reveal so much enemies that in turn can't see you) can allow you to have 1st shot most of the time, and even better are fantastic scout for your mortar fire without exposing anyone.

Anyways that's why i love so much the night ops armor, it gives 20 instead of 12 nv, while lowering the enemy own nv so you usually will always get the 1st shot, after that unfortunately the AI maphack trigger and you're revealed for 2 or 3 turns, too bad it seems we're not close to have such armor in that succession game.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 03:15:41 pm by Robsoie »

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 13, 2019, 04:14:27 pm »

Wait until you see the vampiress robe. ;)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 13, 2019, 04:24:48 pm »

I am probably so far from it i wonder if my personnal save will survive until then as i started to see a couple of stargods on a medium ship :D

December WEEK 4

This is difficult time, on one side we can make a new base now and probably a couple of buildings, on the other side we never cease to have lot of wounded Gals in each missions so after a few we're out of able Gals.
Additionally we may the have a big problem if there's a base defense being triggered.

So the decision was made to spend money to hire more warriors (ubers with a warrior armor and more importantly better stats than normal hands , so less training is required to get them "usable") they're very expensive so that's why i will not be able to build a 2nd base just now.

The 2nd base will be a decision left to the successor, if we survive the week of course :D

So how about a Ratmen rodeo ?
Expendable Robsoie made a conference for the Gals she had an interesting idea on how we should attack the ratmen city, as good loot is good loot.
While all the Gals were listening with bated breath, wondering what kind of marvellous tactic the boss was going to invent, Expendable Robsoie broke the silence and told everyone : "we explode their town and it's game over for them"

The silence was actually deafening, all of that hype (the boss even hade made a poster for the conference !) and etc  and it was again about explosion.

Oh well, i guess you don't change a "winning team".
So we shelled the town both with mortar and grenade launcher.

It was smelling burning ratmen everywhere in the destroyed town.
But nasty ratmen are nasty, a few of them somehow survived and managed to injure a couple of Gals, minorly but still they'll have to take some time off. In the end we succeeded fortunately without losses and fetching a few more previous apples (Chateau de la Mort is a good seller)

When coming back to the base a Shrine Maiden, before disapearing who knows where,  described the
Nordfederation
supposedly a bleak place, but what isn't a bleak place out of our base ?

The boss was having a big smile as he was monitoring in the sick bay screen all the explosions when we leveled the ratmen town , good for her i guess but the sick bay was a bit too much populated now

That didn't fazed the previously captured bandit boss that told us about his business with
Combat Drugs
Telling how important it was for the business that he was freed.
So we freed him, above the shark pool, maybe it was the sun reflections but it looked like the sharks were also having a big smile.

And it was time the Brainers got back to work, so they finally understood how
Frag Grenade
works, this way we will finally be able to get more of them from the market at some point

While spending time in the sickbay, a brainer was reading a recently "acquired" Solar Courrier , it was about
Biocock Insanity
Basically imagine if you crossed a rooster and terminator, that's something Ratmen are doing apparently.

Rolling EuchreJill joined the forces (where the hell are the other Gals i purchased) accidentally with rolling the wrong number on a dice.
A military police trying to escape the sharks told us about
Blackmarsh SMG
But couldn't really outswim the swimming monsters for very long.
He was joined soon enough by a Church Neohphyte that was never stopping to talk about
Cargo Freight
A Humongous Raider that was nearly as big as the shark that managed to eat him in the end had some papers about the
Raider Gunship

Meanwhile our boss was reading a Gun Almanach and there was in the central page a whole article about
CAWS

A Blood Hound hunt party was launched, those crazy Gals approved for some reason but the boss in a very rare display of wisdom decided to not allow it, we had so few Gals, not all the Gals we requested from the market had arrived yet and i just hate blood hounds.

A Brainer found in a Gun Almanach some explanations about the
Minigun
For wasting 30 bullets by shots, it's apparently coming with a sign from Jesse Ventura and the Brainer was so happy about it that she invented the
Human Frogman Outfit
Though i'm not sure a Minigun would work underwater, but Expendable Robsoie didn't had the heart to tell her about it.

The Brainers told a Brigand he would not be thrown to the sharks, happy to hear that he told us about their
Cobra Runner
Too bad for him the brainers love to tell some lies.

And as the month was coming to an end soon, Expendable Robsoie and many other Gals finally got out of Sick Bay, it looks like for the first time in weeks we can finally fill our Terror of Ta Deep with 8 Gals !
Wow, what a progress.

Oh and we won a rare neutronium coupon in the lottery, worth 666000$ !
I didn't sold it as i don't know how far/close we are from being able to work on it, but in case we need money fast, it's a good one in stock.

Trench Gun
Was discovered by mistake the Brainers told us that, we're still wondering what was the mistake.
It was also time the Gals that were missing from the previous shipment finally arrived, one of them was Deadly MCreeper that came to join our crew because of some deadly bad luck.

Just what we needed, more Gals to finally replace the one that will die in the next months.

That batch of new recruits came with some new ideas
Car Parts
that allowed us to make an examination of the armored cars we destroyed in a mission this past month.

So it was a very calm week, mostly because the boss had decided to wait for the -many- Gals to get back from the Sick Bay so several missions flew past us.
Very bad news came, there's the presence of an enemy base in the South Pole, very bad i'm so happy to not be the one that will have to deal with that :D

End of month score wasn't as bad as i thought with the missions we avoided as it's still positive.
The Gals made a big party, Expendable Robsoie was invited as the main guest, let's say the boss was surprised and happy at learning the Gals apparently cared about her.
It was when the party ended that the Gals threw Expendable Robsoie to the shark, singing a song together about "good riddance" , "we all hate you" , "your explosions nearly killed us all" etc...
Fortunately for the ex-boss the sharks had been moved to another pool, so Expendable Robsoie avoided a painful ending.
Oddly the Gals weren't upset much, after all there would be a lot of death and destruction in the path ahead anyways to make them happy, but still they demoted Expendable Robsoie to simple crew member and hoped to never see another disastrous reign like that.

Good luck to the next, here's the save :
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14511

I didn't setup a 2nd base as i wasn't sure i would have enough money
But in the end it appears i got way enough with all that is left in the vault (that you can sell for a lot more money several of those expensive items) so a 2nd base should be no problem with even more warriors in it, but i decided to leave that up to the next in line :)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 04:30:28 pm by Robsoie »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 13, 2019, 06:41:10 pm »

Oh I don't know, maybe armor might keep people from getting injured... Just saying.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 13, 2019, 08:43:33 pm »

Due the big random variation in damage calculation, i never saw much of a difference in survivability between a swimsuit and a warrior/tac vest from the front (but i see a big difference in TU), it seems my Gals are injured or dying the same (warrior armor being considered large it give accuracy bonus to enemy shooting you, maybe it plays a role too in not surviving better than swimsuit).
Maybe it's just my bad luck though :D

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 14, 2019, 11:57:14 am »

I'll probably get to play tomorrow.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 14, 2019, 12:45:07 pm »

I just remembered, the base is even worse as in current version it's protected by that hunter killer thing (you can see the small radar circle) , so you can't simply send a transport ship there or it will be intercepted and considering what we have and its very small speed it would mean the transport would get destroyed everytime.

So i guess it means we will be forced to get an attack ship first, i think we had access to the scarab, but i have no idea if we have decent weaponry (i hope we have plenty of missiles though) to get rid of the hunter killer before it can destroy our ship.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29