Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 29

Author Topic: X-piratez succession game  (Read 74541 times)

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: X-piratez succession game
« Reply #225 on: August 14, 2019, 03:08:58 pm »

There is no point to go to the base anyway. It is -500 points a month, that shouldn't usually be a problem. We really need a 2nd base and a 2nd team, so we can make some more missions and find some new ships. Before we go there (unless we just want to grab stuff, but that costs quite a few points as well). We don't know who there is, so it is hard to prepare. We have other problems, I think.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 14, 2019, 03:47:57 pm »

only -500 ?
I was worried it would go worse.

Fortunately there's enough to make a 2nd base (as the base itself will cost 1.2 millions) + hire enough warriors (and equipment) to protect it and start building some facilities in it with all the money waiting to be obtained from some expensive stuff i hadn't fenced yet.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 14, 2019, 04:27:17 pm »

I managed to play a mission ... and I hate slow ships, we missed a landed ufo because of that.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 15, 2019, 11:44:40 am »

We should start seeing space missions at around the 1 year mark (if we haven't already). Have you heard about the bug with space?

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?action=post;quote=8010572;topic=135455.855

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 15, 2019, 03:51:42 pm »

Doesn't really matter as we don't have any craft that can into space.
I tried. :D
I think we have like one Human Spacesuit, so Disruptive Transmissions would be suicidal anyway if you want to fight it out.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 17, 2019, 01:04:34 pm »

Turns out we need even more money than I thought, because a personal lab is a must have now, as it provides the "study" functionality, which is needed for a lot of things. Like hellerium, grav units and engines.

Now I need to decide if I let go of runts, or if I use even more money and build another barracks. Can't build on the burrows right now, because the living space is needed.
And I also need about 1mil for something else. I have ... 1mil.

I am pretty busy atm, so I am only about 10 days in.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 17, 2019, 08:35:03 pm »

Turns out we need even more money than I thought, because a personal lab is a must have now, as it provides the "study" functionality, which is needed for a lot of things. Like hellerium, grav units and engines.

Now I need to decide if I let go of runts, or if I use even more money and build another barracks. Can't build on the burrows right now, because the living space is needed.

Didn't we have the personal labs in like April or May? Or is that from the game on the Piratez Forum?

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 18, 2019, 02:46:44 am »

There are none in the base.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 18, 2019, 11:57:56 pm »

Didn't we have the personal labs in like April or May? Or is that from the game on the Piratez Forum?

I think we might have researched it, but not built it.  We REALLY need another base.  We're running out of space to put everything, and it's not going to get easier.

While I'm not a fan of getting rid of runts, as there is no value in it, and they give value by making alcohol, they're not hugely expensive.  I dunno the hows or whys of the need to fire runts, but 5 or so fired runts won't seriously affect the base.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 19, 2019, 12:10:04 am »

We have a 2nd base! But it is only costing us money so far.

I finished yesterday evening, will do the write up later today.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 19, 2019, 05:24:50 am »

While I'm not a fan of getting rid of runts, as there is no value in it, and they give value by making alcohol, they're not hugely expensive.  I dunno the hows or whys of the need to fire runts, but 5 or so fired runts won't seriously affect the base.
I think the firing of runts is to be able to actually build something over the burrows, as in the current state it's impossible as it will say the "building is in use" because we have too much people to fit only in the current barracks.
They can be re-hired later anyways.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 19, 2019, 08:30:37 am »

We have a 2nd base! But it is only costing us money so far.

I finished yesterday evening, will do the write up later today.

Is this one defensible, or will enemies always be shooting us in the backs? That's why I lost that last one. That and not being great at the game.

All of the hangars and the lift should be connected, and all of them surrounded by buildings that usually have gals: barracks are good, burrows/beast den is good, maybe the mess and medical facilities. Vaults sometimes do, and are easy to get through on the main floor, and upper floor is a good sniper roost. From behind/north of the hangars, you'll usually catch dogs/drones that plan to snipe you. Plantations are really bad there.

Oh, and speaking of plantations, have we been building weed plantations? It's an extra ~$75k/month if you sell all of the sectoweed except the 15 each you need to re-plant. Just keep them away from enemies. They're weird (build them on the start of the month, disassemble after they finish to start growing, then disassemble again to harvest, then don't build again until the start of the next month to collect the -$120k maintenance), but good. Plantations are extra nice at bases without hangars.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 19, 2019, 09:22:14 am »

Lift and hangars are connected, barracks is in the corner between them, ... ah well, look for yourself in the next post, I just need to upload the pictures.
I forgot about weed, and we still only have the one basic plantation, I didn't really have money to spare because we are still poor as dirt. (I think there is about $150k left at the beginning of the month). I did spend quite a bit and the runts were producing stuff that wasn't for autosale for almost half the month though.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 19, 2019, 09:35:20 am »

One of the Rolan7s: Captain!
Me: Me? You are calling me captain?
R7: Yes, captain.
Me: So, I'm captain?
R7: Yes, captain.
(She must think I am really stupid. Not sure if I disagree. When did I volunteer...)
R7: The gals chose you because they think you don't blow everything up. Mostly because you spent the last weeks here in the sickbay, so you didn't have any chance to blow anything up, but that's semantics.
(So...I didn't volunteer after all?!?)
Me: Ok ... and the ... former captain?
R7: Oh, she is over there, we also hate that she was mostly leading from the sickbay.
(Good, I am not the only one who is stupid, I am to stay away from fighting for a while as well, I'll better not tell her ...)
Me: Ok ... if that is so ... then carry me to my new quarters! And tell that nurse with the perky ... ah ... fingers? the one over there ...
R7: You mean the cute one?
Me: Eh, yes, her. Tell her to accompany me.
R7: Aye aye captain! Oh, btw, there is a lot of stuff and papers, the last captain said she made a list of them inventory things.

I check the inventory, check the inventory of the Terror, have the gals put a lot more stuff inside and take some out (54 mortar shells, really? But no decent melee weapons and basically no shooty weapons apart from shotguns? Something's gonna change!) then sort through what I can sell.

About $1,9mil worth of stuff, apparently!
All that and then some is immediately spent on a new hideout.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As the name implies it is close to where we lost the other one. Or so I was told, I wasn't with this band of misfits back then. But we still had all the merchandise, because it never really got off the ground, I was told.
Along with some ammo I ordered come 2 more Rolan7s. Quick and Strong. That is their names, not their stats.
A Savvy Girl tells us about the Kingdom of Canada. Not a good place for a gal to be, way to prude, it seems. Stoning for exposed thighs? I mean, come on!

A highwayman tells us about the ol' Rifle. Better than it sounds, but that doesn't say much.
While a lot of the gals are on their way to South America to I play with the slot machine. I WIN! Mostly useless stuff, but we come out ahead.

The gals land, and the feed from the go pro cams starts. They are close to the academy ... wait, what is that?

Nope, no academy! Unless the academy gals changed a lot since I ran away from them.

We manage to put the thing to sleep (by shooting it with a heavy shotgun!), but it keeps getting up again, we'll kill it if there is any risk involved (= as soon as two gals who have a hard time hitting a barn with their stun batons manage to not put it back to the ground).

More Zombies, Robsoie kills a regular one, Salad Dog puts a singer to sleep - with a 40mm HE grenade. That one also sets the jungle on fire.
Oh, fuck! Zombie-Mom.

Salad tries to repeat her trick, but only manages to propel the grenade a couple feet into the next wall and hurt E.Albright.
She also sets the jungle on fire right where we are. As if it wasn't hot enough already.

Around this time the bugger with the claws gets killed properly and E.Albright gets her revenge by killing what Salad wanted to kill. This is not how revenge usually works, but we'll ignore that for now.
We kill more zombies, among them another singer, and can't find the last asshole. The heat takes its toll ...

... and insanity keeps the gals from doing gal stuff.
Which is bad, because somehow the zombie manages to sneak up upon Violent Rolan7 and kill him.
Mugs splits his head with an axe in return.

At least it was good bravery training.

The bad thing: Rolan7 was carrying one of our two advanced medipacks, and it burned up when Salad did her thing with the grenade launchers.

Mugs gets promoted to Boss Gal for axing the zombie like a boss, and Egan_BW steals most of the titles despite doing nothing really noteworthy.

RIP! Somehow I am sure we didn't see the last Rolan7.

While the Terror is on its way home we see a ship land, stay on the ground unmolested, then fly away again.
THAT WAS HORRIBLE! I spend our my earnings from gambling and procure a Scarab. We have a charger laser lying around uselessly, might as well equip it on something. I also heard about plans about following craft until they land, and the Turtle is useless for that. Few other crafts are cannot outrun it. It's tiny radar dish (on other crafts they call these "windows") doesn't help with that either.

The Nurse Outfit is nice. For ducks and kinky roleplaying games, it is not much good in a fight. With so few crew onboard I'd hate to have one who can't kill properly.

More importantly the brainers finish taking apart an ol' carbine. Which in itself is not important, but it allows us to contact the Gun Emporium, and THAT is better than a shop full of cookies and ice cream. Well, at least its almost as good.

Good thing I ordered a Scarab, then!
That is a bandit warehouse, Jack has some trouble with the current inhabitants. He wants us to take care of the problem. Violently.

Fuck you! None of our craft can into space. Well, ok, we have one, with one more on the way. To be more precise: none of the craft we know about can into space.

A drifter was once anally probed by aliens, or so he says. I think, I was only looking at the pretty pictures.

As soon as the Scarab is delivered we put stuff in it and dust off to ... its batteries are empty, we refuel (reenergy?) it. Only then can 4 gals go and have chat with the bandits. That doesn't go well, and the head bandit, who as stupid enough to be alone with 4 armed gals twice his size draws a gun. See, he wasn't the boss because he was smart ...
He dies, and the gals take up positions at the wall, because someone must have heard him scream.

And come they do! They mostly die as well, in the reaction fire, but they manage to wound to of us!

At around turn 4 the last one comes into view and crosshair.
A very nice haul, with 4 of them tokens!

MCreeper, who was on her first raid, did really well, but will now spend some time with the former captain in the sickbay.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 09:39:20 am by Rince Wind »

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 19, 2019, 11:02:41 am »

While the scarab is on its way back a ship lands and ... nope, history won't repeat itself, the Terror is on its way.
Aaaand ... it is a mansion, not a ship? Of what?

Robsoie and eh ... someone else, sprint up the hill on turn two or three, because behind the Terror there isn't enough space for everyone to be in cover and get out to shoot on a regular basis.

SALAD! AGAIN! You want to kill gals?

Well, Rolan7 (the worried one) gets patched up really well, so there isn't even a scratch. Something that Robsoie can only wish for. Mugs puts a magnum shell in the would be gal killer.

Oh oh, there's the boss.

What we do is we pop out from behind cover, kill whatever closes in, pop back into cover. Shotgunners get first choice, the stuff further back is hit by battle rifle and assault rifle. The left flank is mostly held by some new gal and Mugs with her magnum. Mostly by Mugs, because hardly anyone comes close enough for the shotgun of the new gal.

Ah, the other gal up top is EuchreJill. The kills a demon. I think.

More dead possessed guys, but it doesn't seem to stop. BBEG (wait, does that mean we are the good gals?) gets hit as he passes by, but he kinda is a secondary target right now. So once all the other guys are dead he's there for free target practice.

Wait, does he want to flank us? The idea is not too bad.

But it is lacking in execution, guess that is why this baron of hell was really only a landlord on earth. Do they have counts and dukes there, too?

It takes 3 grenades to kill a dude on the roof (because 2 of them are way off target), and once the flood of enemies turns into a trickle we use yet another one to get rid of some fence and make a new door. We know there must be a cacodemon inside (whatever caco means), because we have seen him.

There he ist. But he is almost as bullet spongy as his boss was.

He also ignores the gals in the house to fly over the roof and get to the rest of them. Which would have been pretty dangerous about 8 turns ago, when he could have strengthened the assault against out position. Now he just dies to a grenade, probably thrown by EuchreJill.

That was easier than it should have been, mostly because the enemy got less than 5 shots off. I was prepared to order a retreat if the situation got out of hand, as the Terror can be a deathtrap with those big front windows. I mean radar dishes.

Lots of black widows, but the loot was pretty basic. We sell most of the corpses, because they take up a lot of space.

The radiator shirt can help gals keep their cool, but we don't build any right now. A gun almanac has a great centrefold and an article about the spitfire. A fun weapon that tends to destroy loot. But fun!

We get tipped off by Zaxx that there a temple that needs to get rid of some coins (and inhabitants). It mostly goes well, but a savvy gal with a fucking small revolver seriously hurts two gals.
Trude there is a Lokk, btw, I invited two of them into the hideout. The loot is pretty good, considering the opposition.

WE HAVE A CHARGER LASER AND WE ARE NOT AFRAID TO USE IT!

The Scarab Crew deals with the enemy crew right away.
And there she is, in all her monochrome beauty (the Scarab, not the bandit craft and certainly not Blunt Camel):

The most difficult thing is to make every gal do something that makes her eligible for XP. The last enemy waited outside the craft, probably trying to ambush us. But Blunt just shot flaming arrows in random directions until we found someone.

We kill, we learn,we earn.

The loot isn't too bad. two 25mm cannons (if we ever have a fleet ... we probably/hopefully have something better to outfit them with) and a small engine. We can't research it, so it gets sold.

The brainers figure out the master's cane and I have to admit that I have never used it and never bothered to find out if it was any good.

Riding on the wave of success we down our 2nd ship! An academy ambulance that seemed to be flying directly to us. Surely that was a coincidence...
We send the Scarab Crew again, and they kill those that could hurt us and take everyone else prisoner.
2 small ship engines mean quite a bit of money (relativly speaking) and training is always good.

Nobody important gets any titles, but! the brainers manage to contact the gun emporium.

We can now buy a lot more guns/ammo. Among them (as future Rince Winded finds out) painbringer SMGs. Rather expensive, but good damage and truly one handed, unlike all decent smgs we have now. Which makes those not decent. Maybe the next captain wants to get some.

We also know how to make bigger bullets.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 11:07:43 am by Rince Wind »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 29