Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29

Author Topic: X-piratez succession game  (Read 73722 times)

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: X-piratez succession game
« Reply #240 on: August 19, 2019, 02:51:34 pm »

I just deleted the next update because I was stupid.
As I don't know if I have the time to write something before Thursday I've uploaded the save, so if you want to you can start.

We have one gal in prison we can recruit (and I think 1 living space), I think we have some purses or other things that can be made into money.
I also built quite a few prizes on my last days, so those should be researched soonish to avoid spending the tokens twice.
While we are still dirt poor we have more chance to earn money with the Scarab and the personal labs opened a lot of research opportunities. There should be prisoners to sell as well, if you need a quick injection of money, but it is mostly nurses, I think.

Edit: Now with link to save:
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14516

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 19, 2019, 07:00:18 pm »

Ouch, writing updates takes a while, so I feel your pain.  Sounds like a good run you had, though.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 19, 2019, 07:11:19 pm »

Same.  I wrote one of my updates in Notepad++ and seemed to lose it in a weird glitch (hasn't happened since updating) but fortunately the restore function gave me what I'd been working on.

It sucks a lot but I understand DX
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 21, 2019, 10:16:17 pm »

Ouch. This game can beat the motivation out of you when it's going just okay. It's brutal when it's not going well.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 22, 2019, 04:03:02 am »

Well, it was more me being busy the last couple of days and of course me confusing the tabs and reloading the page. At least I still have the list of screenshots I intended to use. And a day off.

------------------------------------------------------------

We now know about Aqua Hatchets, which are surprisingly good, considering the deep ones use them.
As the vaults in our new hideout are being finished I lead an assault on some ratmen village. Gotta rid the world of them my gran used to say, and now I have the means!
I get the first kill, but am later wounded. Again! Still, better than Egan BW, who gets mauled by a dog and will need to stay in the sickbay for a lot longer.

This bugger survived 3 grenades, because none of them landed close! Thanks EuchreJill for taking care of the problem the old fashioned way.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

One of the Rolan7s gets hurt a little as well, but she also gets to kill the last one, so I think that is fair.

Not a lot of loot, as was to be expected. These rats aren't just annoying, they are bad thieves as well that don't manage to steal anything more valuable than ... oh, I see, I guess the sectoweed explains the bad thievery, if they ever manage to get up to do anything at all.
At least it was a decent training exercise.

Lots of titles as well. Me? I am just a soft patient.

We decide to not challenge our customers, which makes them happy. Should nicely cancel out the infamy loss we get from letting an enemy base live.

Mama-Zombie has a lot of poison in her boobs? We shall never do something this vile! But maybe some of the peasants ...

A data disc reveals the secrets of optronic parts. The brainers are happy, but I don't see the point. No benefits at all, not even new avenues of research for the crazies.

While sick I play with the slot machine again and a savvy gal tells us about the submachine gun. THE submachine gun. It is ok. If you can fly and fight something groundbound that can't shoot it is pretty good to train reaction.

But who cares for submachine guns when you can have this!

Me: You again! What now? Subtronic parts?
Head Brainer: ??? What are you talking about? Anyway, don't tell me! Please! I am here to present a new gun.
Me: It better be good.
HB: It is a handcannon an...
Me: We already have those.
HB *sighs* : Yes, but this one is custom made. Or will be, once the runts get to it.
Me: So it has spoilers to make the bullets go faster?
HB: What? No, it uses hardened materials to ... you know what? Yes! Yes it has spoilers to make the bullets go faster. The bullets are also bigger and in a proper clip so reloading is quicker.
Me: Why didn't you say so right away? I want some! He, you go tell the runts!
HB: Well, it does come at a price, there is the issue of their wei...
Me: Are you still here? I told you to tell the runts to get me some new kustom guns!

(I love Kustom Handcannons. One of the best one handed guns until the deathblossom comes around. The shotgun ammo is worse than proper shotguns, but the regular ammo packs a lot of punch! It also slightly damages armor and scales with bravery.)

We also find out about chem grenades, which are not my favourite, because you need a lot of them to decently strip armor.

The beast den in Ching Shih 2nd is done and we send some of our dogs and buy some more on the market. We still keep quite a few here.

A landed ship! Close to the hideout!
The turtle makes it in time and out they go. It turns out to be spartans in a raider ship.

Someone makes a little light with a bow, and E.Albright makes a little death (yes, only a little, he still lives, look).

She will live!

We mostly stay in the craft, light the area around us and shoot. Booring, but we can use the infamy and the loot and the fewer wounded gals.
2 Lieutenants are the last survivors.

One of them comes home with us, along with a scout and a rifleman.

Again, lots of titles.

A tough girl tells us about #69, I wonder if she wanted to imply something.

The brainers keep telling me they need a study, and I keep looking at them with that confused look I can do so well. Finally one of them told me that personal labs will do as well. Those things are bloody expensive though. I kick out 10 runts and have one build over the burrows. 70% of that thing was useless now anyway. Maybe we can have more barracks one day. Or we outsource proper production to someplace else.
14 days, so they should be up by the end of the month.

Waaaahhh!

Sound the alarm! Fire everything we got! Be prepared to defend the hideout to the last!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 22, 2019, 04:43:05 am »

One of the Rolan7s gets hurt a little as well, but she also gets to kill the last one, so I think that is fair.
I'm all gonna die!!!!
Not a lot of loot, as was to be expected. These rats aren't just annoying, they are bad thieves as well that don't manage to steal anything more valuable than ... oh, I see, I guess the sectoweed explains the bad thievery, if they ever manage to get up to do anything at all.
"I heard it's like, medicinal?  But you gotta soak it in jet fuel first"
We decide to not challenge our customers, which makes them happy. Should nicely cancel out the infamy loss we get from letting an enemy base live.
(mm 'pedia says they're -10 per day, more than I thought but still not too bad.  and they're freakin fortresses.  I got used to several in my first run.)
Me: You again! What now? Subtronic parts?
Head Brainer: ??? What are you talking about? Anyway, don't tell me! Please! I am here to present a new gun.
Me: It better be good.
HB: It is a handcannon an...
Me: We already have those.
HB *sighs* : Yes, but this one is custom made. Or will be, once the runts get to it.
Me: So it has spoilers to make the bullets go faster?
HB: What? No, it uses hardened materials to ... you know what? Yes! Yes it has spoilers to make the bullets go faster. The bullets are also bigger and in a proper clip so reloading is quicker.
Me: Why didn't you say so right away? I want some! He, you go tell the runts!
HB: Well, it does come at a price, there is the issue of their wei...
Me: Are you still here? I told you to tell the runts to get me some new kustom guns!

(I love Kustom Handcannons. One of the best one handed guns until the deathblossom comes around. The shotgun ammo is worse than proper shotguns, but the regular ammo packs a lot of punch! It also slightly damages armor and scales with bravery.)
An' it's so ORKY!  Particularly with the glittery bits glued on!

We also find out about chem grenades, which are not my favourite, because you need a lot of them to decently strip armor.

The beast den in Ching Shih 2nd is done and we send some of our dogs and buy some more on the market. We still keep quite a few here.
Dogs yay 8D
Waaaahhh!

Sound the alarm! Fire everything we got! Be prepared to defend the hideout to the last!
Dogs halp D8
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 22, 2019, 05:50:49 am »

Oh.

Ok, stop with the stupid alarm already. And someone send some dogs back into the den, this is not an attack, it is the surprise delivery service! Free captives and some junk, mostly.

Dogs are mostly used to scout, I want to gals to gain experience.
Like hector13 here, killing not one but 2 of them nurses in a single turn.

Of course, if the risk is low we go for captures.

Yes, even if they are not nurses/researcher but drones.

See? Now, who of you sounded the alarm? It could have scared them away!

It's the police! We have to stop them before they ... umm ... do whatever it is that police does.

And we do manage, with 3 charges left in the laser. The Scarab has to start again shortly afterwards, but only to take a look at a craft. Seems to be one those mining ships, but it disappears into the sky after a while. That might hurt our infamy if we are unlucky.

At night the Terror lands close to the police wreck. The plan is to just shoot the stupid dogs and to set everyone else on fire, because while our guns might be useless against them, they might still give up if properly burned.

Brilliant shot Rolan7! Or is it because you are evil and want us to die?

Umm ... why didn't anyone tell us that the police use plasmaguns now? Shouldn't they have ... like sent a memo or something? Why wasn't this in the news?

Anyway, wolfmen die pretty well to our guns, and pigmen ignore them pretty well. I also swear I didn't change the first name of any Rolan7, so here we have good&evil together. Fortunately that doesn't lead to an explosion. But the pigman burns, so there is that. Might have been a molotov though.

He goes beserk, which is good. Not as good as panicking and throwing away his guns, but it is something. There's at least one more though.
Sometime later he does just that. With a little help from more molotovs and a flamethrower.

Morale is pretty low by now, and we get to find out that swimsuit gals use flurry of blows or roundhouse kicks when beserking.

We (well some) have to go out, because staying in the Terror doesn't help if no one comes looking.
Magnum+Axe (+molotovs) gals go out, and Good Rolan7 finds a pig on the ground.

A grounded pig is a dead pig, he falls to her axe!
Because there are more enemies than expected more gals go out.

Two more dogs get killed by the eastern team ...

... but out west Brimstone dies after being hit with plasma.

This is the culprit. But being a nighttime illumination doesn't stop him yet.

Bughunt begins, the other one is the first pig that still flies around without weapons. He might have a grenade though.
Lots of fires are being started, and Rolan7 (quick) gets hit while running around panicked. To drag her back in the other gals stun her ...

... but it wouldn't have been neccessary anymore, the pig succumbs to the heat and gives up!
That was harder than expected, I thought the police would still have their toyguns. It also took long enough to make every single (surviving) gal braver.  :o

The worst thing, of course, is that we can't use the plasma weapons for a long time. I thought the regular pistol was easily usable, but it turns out that we still need substantial research for that. ... so we sell some of the plasma stuff. Predictably we'll need more molotovs after this.
But more titles, gals love titles (the sleeping beauty is Quick Rolan7)

RIP, we hardly knew yee!

Back home a nurse tells me about the Pocket Las-Charger. It is pretty useless as a weapon, but can be used for training.

Barracks on Ching Shih 2nd are done, and I spend another $500k of our hard earned $$$ to hire some hands. We might want a craft there that can carry some troops, maybe a 2nd scarab, to train them at least a little bit. But we are out of money right now.

A tough guy tells us about the Steel Pact. They kill dogs there.  >:(
Not-so-Hidden Expanse is the home of a savvy girl. She doesn't say anything about dog killings, so it sounds like a better place. Both are too hot anyway.

This Rifleman here was a stargoddamn sniper!

We read some text about UAC Weapons, and damn, this is nice. Who cares if it is not very accurate, it is plasma and shoots it quickly.

A G.O. tells us about elevators. Boring. The brainers call them by the fancy name of gravitic lifter and claim it is important research, but I bet they are lying. It is an elevator.

A Church Priest tells us about Dragoon Rifles which can deal a lot of damage in the right hands but are slow to fire.

But now something fun! A trader warehouse with self service. Well, it will be self service once the traders are gone.

We left the hammer in the Terror, but we have a shitton of HE Grenades. So here's our secondary entrance.

Yes, it is not the most efficient, especially with low throwing. But it is also a good way to train throwing.

There is a guard in the house, but there were so many traders close together that we couldn't resist. A grenade would have been more fun, but catching 'em all is more profitable.

We somehow changed position and with the guard and nobody got hurt (on our side).

He continues to ignore hector13s heavy shotgun, but the gal next to her has an assault rifle, and he suddenly decides that bleeding on the ground sounds like a great plan.
He was the last one as well!

We get some apples, a tac vest and junk, for the most part. Also a prepper box, which might just be junk in a box.

Salad Dog is promoted to boss gal and some other titles:

Eh ... nope!

« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 06:10:31 am by Rince Wind »

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 22, 2019, 07:05:41 am »

The police enforcer ...

... is now the personal slave of one of the brainers.

Soulsense is how those zombies find us even with rotten eyes. Does that mean that zombies have souls?

The Spartan Lieutenant tells us about the Reaper Rifle, which is like the Dragoon Rilfle, only harder hitting, more accurate, heavier and even slower.

The brainers interrogate the Academy Drone, but it seems to communicate exclusivly by way of laser. We can also replace our blackpowder bombs with stick grenades now, if we want to.

Chryssalids are bastards, I think that sums it up pretty well.

We learn about the Heavy Baton from a guild security dude, and then we fly off again. We found out about a new bootcamp, and we wanna train as well.

It ... doesn't go exactly as planned ...

Maybe Evil Rolan7 is not that evil after all. She saves me! Just in time as well, a Neophyte shoots his Panzerfaust to where I was seconds ago. Nobody got hurt. Not from this thing, anyway.

Trude here proves that Lokks can stand their woman as well and kills the priest and a neophyte in the same turn.

A lot of explosions meant a lot of fires meant not much running up and capturing lone guys. But no one died (on our side) and 6 enemies just give up like the cowards they are.
For saving me I reward Evil Rolan7 with 10 Bravery! And stop telling me that this is not how it works. I am the captain!

Bejeweled Cup and Cross are worth a pretty penny, if someone would sell them! Other than that it is mostly some guns and junk. And titles!

A nurse tells us about #107 and the Terror is out again. This time to hunt some traitors.

Easy!

It's the 27th by now, and while we are travelling to another Academy Outpost we hear news of a Blood Ritual about to take place.
But first the Academy.
Trude here is one of the best melee "gals", thanks to the slayer armor. But she better be not on the recieving end of anything.

Oh, and yes, it is indeed Academy this time, not zombies. Good.

We fight and sneak around the building ... only to reveal juicy targets within.
3 researchers and the medic, all stunned in one turn.

The last combat ready enemy is a drone, but an assault rifle changes that quickly.

The usual loot, and some titles:

Before we can go back and start again the brainers annoy me again, this time to tell me about the "stats" of the Soldier: Slave Soldier. Thanks. Now can I go back to the sickbay to grumble about getting hit in every single mission and making everyone else responsible for that?
No? Why not? Oh, you want to tell me about the Landmine. Let me guess, it explodes if someone steps on it! Why do we pay you lot again?
Still not? You ... keep me here just because of some armor for the slave soldiers you can't shut up about? What about inventing an armor that helps me not spending my time here in the sickbay? No? I knew it! Ok, show it:

When the brainers are done I seek comfort in the arms of a captive savvy girl. She can't shut up either, tells me about her home in the Rogue Fields as if I care. But as I send her away she gives me the contact details of some of the local warlords there. I'll have the brainers contact them, their lack of clothing seems to be beneficial to this diplomatic stuff.

Then, finally, the Terror arrives at the Ritual side. This can be let's-just-flee hard or a walk in the park. Which one shall it be?

Poison Gas grenades are not very effective against a lot of enemies. Here they are death incarnate!

Tombstone gets hurt a little, but that wont stopp us.Mistress Cynical kills the last one.

The Green Menace was not very menacing today, only 6 of them were here.

We arrived in time! We saved a Castaway. Good thing that one gal died when attacking the police, eh?

Titles!

We ignore a Ratmen Cache, because 2 lone, barely trained lokks would probably just loose our ship.
On the 30th of January the personal labs are done and we learn how to put 50mm cannons together from broken ones. It's like 3d jiggsaw puzzle, really.

Nothing else happens, and then we are poor. Costs are way more than they used to be, but it is kinda neccessary.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 07:12:07 am by Rince Wind »

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 22, 2019, 10:55:56 am »

Dogs halp D8

What kind of dates...actually, I don't want to know.

The $1000 they sell for is barely worth it as well. Good excuse to train up with leather whips and stun batons, so they can take down enemies that can fight back. More throwing! reactions! melee!

This is the culprit. But being a nighttime illumination doesn't stop him yet.

Yeah, the animalmen are much better in the dark than we are.

Chryssalids are bastards, I think that sums it up pretty well.

They just want hugs.

Easy!

Noooo! Not the traitors, and their knowledge about everything useful, somehow! (They actually are really good to interrogate, and get knocked out by a light wind).

And neophytes (or whomever) with stuff like panzerfausts get shot. They'll get bandaged if I get there in time, but I'm not letting them shoot that thing. Enough force that you can threaten gals means you're a target, and there are no less lethal force restrictions.

Editted to add: Once you start seeing armored enemies like Megapol, you'll want to upgrade to electric/fire weapons, if not lasers/plasma. Something that ignores armor.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 01:57:43 pm by Iduno »

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 22, 2019, 06:54:44 pm »

They just want hugs.

Just hugs? I'm pretty sure they want kisses too, and that they're not afraid to use their tongues...

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 24, 2019, 06:19:24 pm »

So we're back to Creeper's turn?

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 24, 2019, 07:06:36 pm »

No, i'm not playing anymore.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 24, 2019, 09:54:09 pm »

Is it on me, then? Let's see what I can do.

I start by spending nearly all of our money planting the plantation with sectoweed. You can't make money without spending it.

I also noticed everyone is wearing sailor outfits, so I upgrade them to swimsuits (no bikinis or gym suits yet?) and sell off the sailor suits. I was also able to sell off some consumer goods, half of our soylent and mutant meat, the excess sectoweed, treasures that can't be used for anything, and some food that can't be cooked to afford 1 more brainer at Teuta base, and an extractor at Shih base.

Then I checked our manufacturing, robbed the only person out of our 30 prisoners who can't tell us anything new, rescued an experiment victim, and collected our chips from the money bags so we can start spinning the wheel again. Jack doesn't give out great prizes to people like us yet, but even his junk is somewhat useful.

We've also got a bounty for a temple of Sirus, so we loaded up the ship, and are ready to go...after I grab a nap.

And I'm back.

I wish we had the money to remodel this base. The layout puts our defensive structures (vaults) on the opposite end of the base from the gals. Worse, the extractor is near the enemy entrance, allowing them to slip by and turn the defense into a bug hunt against enemies who are in a better position than us. I at least have the money to rebuild one of the vaults near the plantation, which will probably become a hangar later. Then I notice I'm making the same mistake with the extractor and Chin Shih base.

A Sea Adventure just popped up, so I go to put our underwater gear on and...not much. Swimsuits and 7 Oxygen Tanks. We *do* have the mission researched, so I assume someone knows what they are doing.

We have a castaway gal, and now we have enough space in our barracks for another 2 gals, so I start making moonshine. Our Scarab took down a wasp aircar. Hopefully we have enough gals left in what passes for fighting shape around here to do something about it. Looking: we have 9 gals who can stand under their own power, and only 3 are named Rolan. I take the 8 least bad gals, reassign armor: chainmail for the highest TU, then Guerrilla, then tac vests. While I'm loading equipment, I notice our wheel spinning has gotten us some vendor trash as well. I sell 4 Ol' Rifles and ammo, uncookable food (right-click to see if it's useful), a small revolver, a holdout, some amphores, and a sermon book for just over 25k.

Next time: Off to the Wasp Car.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 11:43:47 am by Iduno »

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 25, 2019, 12:14:36 pm »

I didn't research the sea missions, but I'd say the gal with the plan probably planned on leaving sharkmen alone. Those are nasty.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 26, 2019, 08:19:53 am »

It was also weird to show up to 2 completely full prisons (I wanted 3). No research going on with them or anything, and they're almost as fast a way to learn something as decrypted disks/gun almanacs.

I've never gone to an underwater mission before, because I'm not sure why you would. Maybe there's treasures we can actually use (gems, gold, anything that can be traded to the mages, etc.). I've only researched underwater missions to get space suits (and not until I needed to), because you kind of need to do the disruptive transmissions. I've also stopped researching warehouse wars now that you can pick up a stapler on stranded government agent missions. Why dilute the pool of missions unless they're good for training or loot? Maid mansion might be worth it if you've got some way to determine where enemies are (cats, aye phones, the armor that gives sense), but I'm not doing it just with luck. Bandit towns have enough enemies that they are a bit difficult, and also don't give very good loot. I'm not sure about that mission either, it's probably great training once we have a lot of high-end missions. Either way, I end up looking at things I don't normally do, so I learn things. Anyway, on with the game and a character who is 100% confident in my strategies.

A disruptive transmission showed up, but we're probably a year short of having space suits. -500 points? We really haven't researched much of anything, and less armor. We finished learning about slayer bullets, so I added several of our unresearched prizes. Hopefully they'll lead to something useful (I ignored mini shotgun because it's not great and only seems to lead to harpoon carbine, and supressed pistol because I don't know what city pass is, and we can't afford it anyway). I noticed we have an activity and a world lore left unresearched, so I'll do those next for a free 2,000 points. Actually, we don't need the Aye Phone or Improvised Aerial Explosives as much as we need more money, so I moved the brainers around. Then we learned tinkering finally.

Megapol flew by, but our scarab doesn't have the weapons to realiably take them down while damaged. We should fix that, but it's like 10th down our list of needs (Money, armor-related stuff so we can make exosuits and also not die, more hostages for more lore for more points for more money, probably decent lasers...). We also lacked bandages for the castaway gal and also combat, so I bought 40 more. I also sold 100k worth of vendor trash (uncookable food, holdouts, etc.) from gambling again, and hired another brainer.

We shot down (up?) a tank that was getting too close to our base for training. It was closer than I would have liked, and we took some damage. A medium ship came by slowly, so I sent the turtle to chase it. We caught up after about 6 hours, and saw it's a harvester. We continued following it anyway.

A researcher told us about secret bases, and we unlocked spike rockets for our interceptor. If we had the money...

We finally caught up to the harvester within the tiny radar range from our base. They're civilians, so no killing (and hopefully we've researched them to get positive score instead of negative, but that doesn't sound like us).

Bring down the Watchtower! I load up the turtle with our 2 Lok'Naar pilots, and 6 other gals who need bravery training, and put all guns away expecting morale failures.

Scientific experiments showed up, so we'll probably have to keep that alive with the Scarab long enough for the turtle to make it back to base.

We shot down a wasp aircar, but didn't pay enough attention, and shot it down over the water. Warehouse wars also showed up while we're waiting for the turtle to get to the mission. Pass anyway.

Also, we did research.

Fine, the turtle made it back to base eventually, and we can still do the warehouse wars mission. I'll take care of that tomorrow, though.

My month is half over, and I've got some research accomplished and a few points. Disruptive transmissions and that base sitting in the antarctic aren't great, though.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29