Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29

Author Topic: X-piratez succession game  (Read 74496 times)

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: X-piratez succession game
« Reply #255 on: August 26, 2019, 09:18:57 am »

Once we have a craft that can into space we can at least shut up the transmission, even if we don't get loot that way.

I left the points research on purpose because I figured I had enough.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 26, 2019, 01:18:42 pm »

I left the points research on purpose because I figured I had enough.

Out of character, sure, go with whatever the research priority is.

In character? Anger about enough not being a real thing, and money and whatever.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 26, 2019, 02:28:13 pm »

We are in such a bad shape that a bit of metagaming is ok, I think. :D

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 26, 2019, 05:16:57 pm »

Are the slayers bullets good or a waste of manufacturing time at that point of the game ?

Even on my personal save i have not dedicaced any runts into this kind of thing, so i have no idea at all.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 26, 2019, 05:27:10 pm »

I don't remember the last time I made or purchased weapons. You get enough from Spinning the Wheel and lootin' (unless you recklessly use explosives) that you don't really need to. Special bullets are good if they get the damage over 60, so you can damage armor. Otherwise, you'd have to spend a bunch of time analyzing resistances and armor and whatnot to figure out if they're worth anything or not. I usually use runts to make armor, booze/food for selling, or processing hostages.

Also, melee uses no ammo and prevents the opponent from shooting you even if they stay up. Shooting is just what you do as a reaction if they're shooting at you first, or as a solution to an enemy being too resistant/armored to take down other ways.

Oh, and I've got a Bandit Town mission up. Suggestions? Only 2 chainmails, everyone else has savage or tac vests (enough tac vests to go around, though). The one I tried I was hopelessly outnumbered.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 26, 2019, 09:08:31 pm »

I'm glad to finally see the chainmails seeing some use.

Tac Vests are good as long as you are facing the foe.

Maybe blow up portions of the Bandit Town to even out the odds?  You've got lots of explosive weapons.  And automatic ones.

I had an Underwater Mission, but it was just against Crabs.  I suspect it was scripted to be the training mission to get the player used to Underwater combat.
Underwater missions are a source of Aqua Plastics (I think) later on, and they are needed for better armor.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 26, 2019, 09:21:18 pm »

I'm pretty sure most of those basic underwater adventures are against crabs or fish, at least that's my experience.  Sometimes sharkmen which tend to gank a gal or two (but go down easily enough themselves).  I hear that hallucinoids are also an option, and they're a mixed bag in my experience.  Big squishy targets though, and cutting seems to work great (I haven't checked the examination, I just carry cutlasses for most underwater missions).

They're usually easy missions, little tedious but the aqua plastics are worth it.  And I think those crashed subs occasionally grant other salvage.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 27, 2019, 07:18:18 am »

I'm glad to finally see the chainmails seeing some use.

Tac Vests are good as long as you are facing the foe.

Maybe blow up portions of the Bandit Town to even out the odds?  You've got lots of explosive weapons.  And automatic ones.

I had an Underwater Mission, but it was just against Crabs.  I suspect it was scripted to be the training mission to get the player used to Underwater combat.
Underwater missions are a source of Aqua Plastics (I think) later on, and they are needed for better armor.

Possible, but also there supposed to be a lot of hoes to capture. We need the money, so starting a small courtesan operation would be useful. I'm not sure if I've quite saved up enough to finally get that third prison built yet, though. And I have added about 10 more slaves to our vaults (we've completely/nearly finished interrogating several enemy types this month, I just haven't been showing it because other than one more activities entry and the special gal 001, we haven't gotten to the good stuff yet).

Can't you just buy aqua plastics? I don't remember where, but in my personal game I've gotten about 100 without going underwater.

Chainmails are starting to see some use, but going through the junk pile to get wire to make into chainmail takes a bit of time, and making the chainmail takes a lot. I've got ~20 runts going full time on that.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 27, 2019, 08:21:54 am »

Back to the Warehouse. I lost my notes, so I can't remember the names of who did what. Also, the write up will be a bit short.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Update on research, and someone thinks they can just send runabouts so close to our base that our terrible radar can see them.

Mission time!

One of the random researches from a hostage let us know about this.

No way our turtle can get to that bandit town before dawn, so we mess around until almost sunset. While we're waiting, the try to shoot down another ship. We don't quite get it, but it lands and I'm curious if our 2 Lok'Naars and one gal can handle this.

It was a short night, because I got busy with grocery shopping. I'll probably go to the Bandit Town tonight.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 27, 2019, 08:50:17 am »

Maybe build that extra prison in the 2nd base? We'll need the space later on anyway.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 27, 2019, 11:36:15 am »

Can't you just buy aqua plastics? I don't remember where, but in my personal game I've gotten about 100 without going underwater.

You get a steady trickle from robbery/enslavement, and some ships have them too.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 27, 2019, 12:08:08 pm »

But a sunken USO, preferably defended by crabs or fish, is the best early source, as you get 300 to 400 at once.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 27, 2019, 06:47:58 pm »

Maybe build that extra prison in the 2nd base? We'll need the space later on anyway.

Also there. I just captured back 30 33 prisoners, including 9 hoes.

Another spoiler for the bandit town: 0 deaths...8 injured. Out of 8.

Are we down to one month at a time, or still 2?

The game:

We did more research (so much more).

Then we lucked out: another traitor bounty mission. This time we'll actually bring them back alive. I know the mutants want them dead, but the brainers can take care of that after they tell their secrets.

It looks like our final mission for the month is ninjas attacking Lok'Naars.

Our sectoweed farm was finally ready for harvest on the 27th of February (which is why we plant on the first). The plantation will be back to normal to get us our -120k "maintenance" at the end of the 28th. We make some cash, and have enough sectoweed left to re-plant. Bonus!

The extractor at Chin Shih base finished, so we can build a still then a mess hall. We should probably put a barracks south of the vaults for base defense, though. Maybe the prison south of the dojo?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 08:17:52 pm by Iduno »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 27, 2019, 09:36:33 pm »

As the player up next, I'm fine with you taking two months!  I got burned out in a little less than a month, but by all means keep going if you're up for it (:

Take that, Sky Ninjas!  Stupid meanies, bullying the poor Lokk'nar for those mysterious celestial Narlokks...  They probably think they're "good" or something.  Don't they know We're All Mutants?

(Last I checked sectoweed farming seemed about equal to basic plantations in pure profit, but a supply of sectoweed is good for some stuff.)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 28, 2019, 06:29:01 am »

Great job at the bandit town, so many capture !
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29