Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 29

Author Topic: X-piratez succession game  (Read 74452 times)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: X-piratez succession game
« Reply #270 on: August 28, 2019, 06:55:18 am »

As the player up next, I'm fine with you taking two months!  I got burned out in a little less than a month, but by all means keep going if you're up for it (:

Take that, Sky Ninjas!  Stupid meanies, bullying the poor Lokk'nar for those mysterious celestial Narlokks...  They probably think they're "good" or something.  Don't they know We're All Mutants?

(Last I checked sectoweed farming seemed about equal to basic plantations in pure profit, but a supply of sectoweed is good for some stuff.)

I think the major increase in money comes if you have the plantation empty on the last day of the month, so you get the effect of a regular plantation (120k less maintenance cost) on top of selling all of the sectoweed. Maybe that got changed?

Great job at the bandit town, so many capture !

The RPG was slightly inaccurate, then the second shot took out the side of a nearby building. Then that gal (you?) walked around with just the stun baton from her belt. I didn't show it in the pictures, but I did keep turning the night vision on/off to make sure we were walking around the light to take the best advantage of the guerilla uniforms.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 28, 2019, 05:14:01 pm »

Opinions on Devil's Reef for this crew? I mean, we know how to cook a lot of underwater meat for profit, but we've also got 10 gals uninjured. Probably drop in, capture some hostages, and run away if we do try it, but I'm open to any advice.

Also, thoughts on upgrading the blowfish to a deathtube skyranger? It's a bit less maintenance each month, slightly faster, less radar but both are terrible, and only one door on either. Bonaventura is a theoretical possibility right now. We need back to school (from *mutant alliance*) and interceptor assembly (from ship engine, which we might learn about from the traitors or the academy engineer).

And do we *need* 10 attack dogs at each base in addition to the normal garrison?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 28, 2019, 05:42:20 pm »

I'd like to keep those dogs for base defense.  They're cheap and reliable against everything we're likely to get attacked by (except drones heh).  My garrison troops tend to be painfully unskilled unless they're "retired" from more active service.  Hm, I wonder if I can capture a reaper or two...

The Blowfish works underwater and is electric, the Skyranger is nasty to deploy from and burns chemicals.  Getting the Bonaventura would certainly be nice though.  I still like the Turtle a lot but I know the speed is frustrating to many, and it's a bit pricey.  Shame it has so many new windows.

Edit: Oh and Devil's Reef is rouuugh.  I gave it a try personally and my fully loaded Turtle only juuuust managed to clear the landing map.  I know I didn't have to, but I couldn't resist.  Immediately fled from the second stage since I had so many wounded, and I was equipped more for land anyway.  Still got a bunch of score just for kills.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 05:44:50 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 28, 2019, 06:07:54 pm »

Opinions on Devil's Reef for this crew? I mean, we know how to cook a lot of underwater meat for profit, but we've also got 10 gals uninjured. Probably drop in, capture some hostages, and run away if we do try it, but I'm open to any advice.

Also, thoughts on upgrading the blowfish to a deathtube skyranger? It's a bit less maintenance each month, slightly faster, less radar but both are terrible, and only one door on either. Bonaventura is a theoretical possibility right now. We need back to school (from *mutant alliance*) and interceptor assembly (from ship engine, which we might learn about from the traitors or the academy engineer).

And do we *need* 10 attack dogs at each base in addition to the normal garrison?

But you already have the ship engine from the landed ship, I saw it in your screenshot.
You should probably be able to get Mutant Alliance, as you should have enough tokens by now.  I guess the real question is whether to make Pogrom Defense mandatory.

Personally, I think we can handle most Pogroms, except Mercenaries and Ethereals, and we can afford the hit if we roll one of those and have to run.
I would vote for going for Bonaventura.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 28, 2019, 08:34:35 pm »

But you already have the ship engine from the landed ship, I saw it in your screenshot.
You should probably be able to get Mutant Alliance, as you should have enough tokens by now.  I guess the real question is whether to make Pogrom Defense mandatory.

Personally, I think we can handle most Pogroms, except Mercenaries and Ethereals, and we can afford the hit if we roll one of those and have to run.
I would vote for going for Bonaventura.

Researching the only ship engine we have is plan C or D, they're like 1.25 million to replace, so...

Also, we've already got mutant alliance favors. The only cost for Mutant Alliance is some research time, and pogroms. I think we can handle them, but we'd need to use less automatic weapons and explosives so we don't kill civilians. I'd agree we should go that route, though.

The Blowfish works underwater and is electric, the Skyranger is nasty to deploy from and burns chemicals.  Getting the Bonaventura would certainly be nice though.  I still like the Turtle a lot but I know the speed is frustrating to many, and it's a bit pricey.  Shame it has so many new windows.

The turtle is barely a step up from skyranger, but it is one. Not burning chemicals is a big improvement, though. Sadly, we killed too many of the reticulans, and didn't learn how to build the Triton when it was useful. I mean, it still is, I guess.

Also, I don't lose many gals, but injuries means I've found another use for dogs: filling spaces. We do take a point hit from them dying, but we're not bad on that front right now.

And the game (in my jerk character):
I was wrong about the still. We need to research hellerium to learn about alchemy before we can build a still. How the brainers know that but don't know how to skip steps is beyond me.

There's a crash-landed ship.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

February:

We take a look at the Devil's Reef.

We got a delivery of runts at Chin Shih base.

The academy engineer we politely questioned taught us about a medical slicer, but more importantly, unlocked basic engineering and hyperwaves. Useful radar soon!

A megapol car showed up, giving our scarab crew a bit more experience. Also, the rest once we attacked it.

A medium ship travelling at 400 [harvester or excavator] also showed up, then immediately disappeared. We need real radar. Then a small ship showed up, but we backed off when we saw all of the guns on it.

We also finished the dojo at Chin Shih.

Research update:

And the one more mission I hoped for: a landed ship. We're a bit short on Gals, so slave soldier Iduno joins.

I guess that could have gone better.

We also learn that academy hazmat suits are terrible. Good news for us, those things can't stop our stun batons, despite looking like armor.

I tossed the 8 researchers we have into slave processing, because money and also because they don't know anything new anymore! I also ordered another Lokk'Naar for a fighter pilot (excellent accuracy and reactions? Pilot!) and 2 more warriors. Enemies aren't getting easier, and we don't know how to build a surgery yet.

A second engine from that last mission means we can also build a hunter-killer. Or research if that traitor bugeye doesn't tell us what we want to know and we don't want to wait for more engineers/traitors/decrypted disks/anyone else who knows how engines work. We can get more by following ships until they land. Probably easier with a ship that doesn't speed up when you get out and push, but we should be catching excavators and harvesters.

That's part of March. More research to get done. Your call on joining the mutant alliance now or just soon. And we'll want alchemy so open a still so we can build a mess (probably). I'd wait until we know about hellerium and small engines before questioning the last traitor (so about 2 days). Also, there's a scientific experiments, which is an easy training mission even with a partial crew. Medic in the main room is the only one who takes more than one hit from a stun baton even from behind. If you keep seeing academy, maybe you can stun a few more drones. We need more wire to make more chainmail (conductance means it resists laser and plasma).

Here's the save.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 28, 2019, 09:56:42 pm »

Word, I love experiment missions!  Probably because they're an easy medic capture, and experiment victim for Alliance tokens.  I'll give this a go in the morning. 

I'm excited about that engineering research, I'll definitely work towards hyperwaves.  Normal radar is so uninformative, which is why I don't bother to expand radar coverage with expeditions and the radar-plane.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 29, 2019, 06:35:35 am »

Impressive end month score, i never got one so high in my personnal saves.

we'd need to use less automatic weapons and explosives
Screams of horrors can be heard from the sickbay. :D

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 29, 2019, 07:58:01 am »

Thank you for the compliments. Yeah, that turn felt good, even if the score was a bit lower than I'm used to.

I got a lot of captures and a lot of interrogations, but our sickbay is full. I don't like leaving someone with less than a full crew. Also, we're almost out of apples. I got none from the ninja gal battle.

I do like overcharged radar to the larger radius, but I tend to follow craft until they land. I even managed one reticulan base so far from the imperial probe. The overcharged radar and the single armored vault we start with can even prevent some base defenses if we're in bad shape.

Hopefully the improved amount of slaves and courtesans means we'll have fewer money troubles. And the research getting us close to hyperwaves, persuasion, building our own ships, and better medical technology. Not close to finishing off the Lokk'Naar/Narlock pantheons yet, but I can't remember for sure what that gets us. Shadowtech?

And letting loose with whatever weapons you want is fun from time to time. Like just killing all of the witnesses instead of sneaking in Hitman games.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 30, 2019, 08:15:04 pm »

(When I started this morning (not yesterday, sorry) I was pretty distracted by RL stuff.  So I didn't really feel "in universe" until about a quarter of the way in, which is the part I did tonight.  ah well!)
(I also messed around with Python to insert the image URLs into my placeholders.  I had some success, though I tried to do too many things which are flat out easier with a few find-replace's.  Still, it did move the URLs from a list into the document, which is a time saver!)

So for my first great plan, we go to the Academy's desert outpost in chainmail.  In the day.  Derp, it's fine we'll hurry.
We're armed for capture, mostly stun batons and lassos, so of course a drone is hovering in the distance.  Spiteful Tychus picks up a magnum and puts it down, impressive range on that gun for aimed shots.  A hapless Yeoman wanders out and dies to two laser-pointer hits, which is amusingly pathetic.

I usually think of chainmail as including a shield, but it doesn't matter when you don't get hit.  Tricksy nurse who wandered out the door stands back up *twice* before Iduno gives her an extra-long lasso shock.  Good practice.

The medic ambushes from the central courtyard, getting some hits in Honorable Mugs' weak side armor while she was taking down the final nurse.  Nothing life threatening, but still kinda embarrassing.

A cakewalk, but I still managed to get shot at.  Ah well, everyone's mostly okay.

A convoy approaches from the sea, getting uncomfortably close to us, making me glad we have the Scarab.  I wait till they land then attack.  It takes almost the whole charger laser but they're disabled.  Not sure what faction they are... I decided to send the blowfish in the morning, if they're still there.

Ooh forget that, we find another warehouse!  ...Dang though, only 4 gals and a lokknar fit to go.

The brainers interrupt with a report on small ship engines (they're ship engines but small).  I was going to have them formalize an agreement with the Mutant Alliance, but we'd be lying... there's no way we can crash a pogrom until some of these gals recover.

Well, we're pirates, so yarr.  We really only need a week or so to be in decent shape, and we really need those sci books ASAP.  I also give the brainers the medic to play with.

In the meantime, the warehouse.  ...I hope this isn't a mistake.  Khan and Iduno take shields as pocket-las, Typhus and I take tac-vests and lassos.  Our lokknar pilot seems happy with a stun baton and pistol.

So far so good.  Their light arms glance off the shieldwall as we advance, bashing them down.  Tychus and the Lokk run off to take care of "snipers" taking potshots from nearby buildings, nothing heavy though.  Guild hostess comes charging out with a stapler, gets a shield to the head.  Pretty rough hit... I pour some beer on her but she's barely breathing by the time we secure the area.

I felt understaffed but well equipped for this, we took no wounds and got a decent haul of loot and captives.  Mostly soylent and smokes, but another oversided tac vest which is always nice.  I wonder why they carry our size?

Oh hm we had a lot of things set to autosell.  I can't argue with the various small arms, but I'll be keeping that vodka thankyou.  Nothing says "you're worth more if you don't bleed out" better than pouring vodka on a foe.

Had to ransom someone off and- Oh lordy, where'd this brothel come from??  C-certainly impressive.  Damn though, we need to negotiate some work/release with these captives.

First though, I celebrate the flawless mission by checking out that smashed convoy after all.  Just to make sure they don't go squealing about our location (though I think shooting them up accomplished that).

wat
for Xs sake
Well fine, they've got light arms and I've got chainmail and literally unlimitted lasers, let's do this- WAS THAT A GRENADE
He just bounced a GRENADE off the windowframe and oh of COURSE he has a dog
And the Lokk can't shoot over the chair, and the flashlights didn't even wound him, uhhhh yeah hell with this.  I'd love that busted up truck to the north but I'm not risking a grenade hitting every able-bodied gal we have.  myself included

News of a seawreck off the Cali coast.  Swimsuits on, beach episode!  Also Zaxx wants us to check out a wreck with "special assets" which ain't happening, I'm looking to fight fish not deep ones.  Right now.

We learn a bit more about the warm fuzzy stuff that keeps us alive and healthy.  It's nice that it's everpresent in our zones, but industrial or commercial uses require a tediously refined version.

Osiron security threatened to smash our facilities next time he attacks our hideout.  He had balls.  He suuuure did.
His friends aren't being so rude, though.  We could keep interrogating them, but our brainers are very busy and they don't seem to know much of immediate use.  The Researchers we saved from the academy are proving very helpful - I set the runts to recruiting these sec-grunts to help out around the base.  We're all just pawns to the Academy, they'll see that.  Together we can get revenge.  And alcohol!

The Guild sec have literally nothing left to tell us, and apparently hate the Academy for other reasons, so they may join as well.  They certainly seem to know their away around the storerooms.

Little to report.  Decent haul of recoverable plastic, infested with tonight's dinner on rice.  Ooh, and a pair of stasis pods, now those are nifty!  And half a sonic oscillator.

Bandit Warehouse bounty hunt should be pretty easy.  We can even wear chainmail, though we have to leave the shields behind!  Fair.  And aww, can't use a proper transport like the Blowfish.  Needs to be the scarab... eehh yeah four gals in chainmail can do this fine.  Particularly since kustom handcannons are infiltrateable!  Aw yeah, chainmail and handcannons, much stealth~

(Sidenote, I'm noticing a lot of melee weapons in the right hand and guns in the left.  Ctrl-clicking equipment from the ground defaults to the opposite, and it's amusing how noticeable the difference is, heh.)

That hulking bandit mutant turned out to be quite the conversationalist.  Gave us some fighter specs before he sadly had to go.  Farewell!

OPERATION STEALTH IS GO, haha look at these cannons.
jeez this thing kicks hard.  He's still alive after two hits, too.  Owow, "nooo I don't need chainmail just a vest for me, I'm Good"... ow.

Ooh these actually bash pretty well, forget the stunprods.  No need to be careful with these mooks.

Screw you for making me search.  Though I do love the swishing sound chainmail makes.
And double screw you.
Always a pleasure doing business with Jack, though.  Ooh some silver bars, taking those off auto-sale.  Some chips and drugs, but mainly the four execution trophies and Jack's good graces.  And almost unscathed - what 4 days?  I said I'm Good!  aww fine.

And hop from the scarab right into the Blowfish in time to... Yep, catch this landed fool!  Who says the Blowfish is slow?  Ha!
Hot dog, landed right next to it too.  Note to self: remember to bring dogs, scouting is important.  Also get some lighter MG belts, even Cynical is slightly overencumbered by this much ammo.
Ohai~  Wasn't sure what we'd caught, this is a relief.  Batons come out...
"Thought I saw something!"  No, you wanted to run a weapons test on that wall.  With... disappointing results, honestly.
Handcannon round to the face puts an Osiron grunt to sleep, welcome to the team bro.  Oops, he stood up from the bandaging...  This is why I meant to bring vodka, darn.
I got a bit overconfident here, dammit.  Ooh but Cynical actually did see something this time, an Engineer!  Quite valuable, so it's annoying she sent another 10 rounds at her.  Engineer's still up though, just screaming bloody murder. 
Typhus had 6 wounds jeez D:  She'll live but that turn of bleeding took a lot out of her, oof.
Ah good work finding the last one, Cynical!  ...What do you mean you didn't have room for a stun baton?  Cynical?
Cynical did you just unload for an entire turn, crouched, at that range, and inflict no wounds?
On the ENEMY, Cynical, RECEIVING a wound from reaction fire doesn't count!  You have 70 firing wtf
Yeah I'm becoming less impressed by wheeled machine guns (at least until we get plastasteel rounds).  Shoulda just packed another handcannon.
... Two more short bursts on the next round and STILL no wounds, this is bad...
She fortunately falls unconscious instead of dying outright, as backup arrives and handcannons the problem away.  She'll be recovering for a while, though.

So what'd we get for that?  An engineer obvously, which is always good (particularly if we could learn to talk to them better).  30mm cannon stuff, poison grenade, steel and hellerium... Oh right, another full ship engine, that's pretty good!  Not to mention we saved more people from the Academy, which is personally what I'm all about.

Oof... There we go, I suppose.  It's scary, but it's the right thing to do, and they're helping us as much as we're helping them.
And while MY fight is with the Academy, it's not like the Humanists care.  We're all scum to them.  It's our duty to fight back, and we're stronger together.

More pragmatically, time to get some higher learning up ins, ASAP!  And... OH RIGHT we can see about recruiting bugeyes, eee!  I'm sure they're not everything the legends say, but our contacts insist they're exceptional medics.  They're also soooo cute!
:O  Blood Hounds!!!

Now that things have calmed down a little and we have a bit of dosh, I have to admit the 35 empty workshop space is bugging me.  Some of that capacity is from the store-rooms of course, which we might not keep forever, but still.  I'm ordering yet another barracks constructed, which gives us room for a full compliment of runts and about 10 beds for more hands (peasants, perhaps).  Though I'm waiting till the 16th to start contruction, so that we charged an extra month of maintenance.  See, that's my runt background coming in handy~

Scarab heads out to intercept some civilian group.  I'm not sure how 8 of them packed into that thing, but they were all pacified without incident.  Some sort of construction crew, maybe, though one of them is remarkably... out of shape.  A foreman perhaps.  Harassing civilians like this feels a little strange after signing with the Alliance, but our survival comes first.  And our revenge.

Close call with some sort of fast vessel.  I should really look into better craft weaponry, despite it not being my "thing" generally.

Ninja gal tells us the secrets of real-time versus turn-based combat.  Set free after totally promising to never ever bully Lokks, for reals this time.
They're just pushing buttons like us!  They just know which buttons to push.  Well hell, we can learn that too...
The bugeye traitor spun a sob story until I finally just let them go.  Dunno whether there was any truth to it.  Too sober for moral dilemmas- we're pirates, come on!
In lighter news we apparently have four industrial scanners!!  I'm not exactly sure why, but I feel like that's fantastic.  All my runt instincts are saying these will be useful someday.  And I think they're mostly found on certain craft, for whatever reason, so I'm not likely to find them myself.
But for now the focus is these science books.

Another Academy ship dares land next to us, will they ever learn?  They should fear us!  ...Why does our dog start behind the gals, that's dumb.  bad dog.  Okay sorry, you are good dog, I am just mad!  Mad about the Academy!

Pretty map though, boom forest.  UAC chaingun rules.  I'd say it's redeeming machine guns, except it really isn't one.  I pushed waaay too hard, really.  The Osiron couldn't get any hits, but a medic came out with a laser pistol which cut through Shibari's chainmail like nothing.  She received a bandage and took cover though.

The light machine gun sure isn't calibrated for accuracy at long distance, but Boyzitbig finally tagged the medic with a couple.  She collapsed on her turn, and we sprinted up to disable her Osiron escort and patch her up.

Ooh nice, another engineer with another laser pistol!  VIP stun baton treatment for you and your friend!

Why don't they fear us?  ...They will.
wait why did they have spike rockets lol
Ohgods immediately a temple raid, my runts are actually having trouble orienting all the rescued!  Well, that's a fine problem to have I suppose, and Temples are mostly harmless.

One of the several (!) medics we have finally explained those Surgery Units they were always hooking us up to.  She was very graphic, and disturbingly... excited.  How much of our torture was actually for science?
Rather than think about that, I finished my treatise on distilling.  Now *everyone* can make moonshine!  Or grog I guess.  casuals.
And we've finished sketching plans for a place to sip it, while reading ancient tomes.  And uh learnin' stuff.
Well actually we sketched the plans to start researching the library, one step at a time I suppose.
Oh congrats I guess
Pff yeah I'll say you're out of training.  Even us gals don't get much better than that!

Temple needs a new groundskeeper
No problem (My evil twin caught a round trying to block a bullet with her barbarian shield, but she'll be fine).  Got a sharp guy too.
I see we're autoselling Neophytes... hard to argue with that.  I'd rather rob for bluechips, but it's so little either way that who cares.  Not worth the hassle.  And too zealous to save.

Some junk text on a data disc.
A couple days of quiet, then a landed ship:
Oops sorry for the trouble officers, thankyou for your service bye
Not that we couldn't take them, but why harass the governments when they're giving us a chance?  We *aren't* just bandits.
(The two in swimsuits are the warriors who just arrived.  Swabbie tradition, good to get those secondary stats up)

Good, the library research itself was faster than the sci books.  Just need to scrounge up some dosh... Ah, these neutronium coupons do nicely.  Hooray for gambling!
Since we're waiting on the library anyway, I arrange things with efficiency in mind.  Few wasted hours here!

Mutant Alliance: Did you know that if you hold a flashlight at night, you stand out?
truly their wisdom is beyond compare.  also were the "headlights" really necessary to illustrate that

This seems a little pointless- oh, fire rounds?  Alright I guess.
Also suppressed pistols but not shirts apparently.

Goblin Zaxx archaelogical dig hm?  Shouldn't be a problem, any opportunity for bounty tokens (as long as it's easy~) hmmhm, blowfish is almost there-
balls
She/they

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 30, 2019, 11:37:03 pm »

So for my first great plan, we go to the Academy's desert outpost in chainmail.  In the day.  Derp, it's fine we'll hurry.
We're armed for capture, mostly stun batons and lassos, so of course a drone is hovering in the distance.  Spiteful Tychus picks up a magnum and puts it down, impressive range on that gun for aimed shots. [/spoiler]

Robots also go down easy to stun batons and lassos. They're a good source of laser parts and okay source of superconductive wire. And I'm guessing you aren't the first to forget to bring fans (or radiator shirts, if we had the superconductive wire to spare) in backpacks to cool down.

Also, I don't think silver bars do anything except open stuff up when the first one gets researched.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 31, 2019, 02:03:39 am »

That pogrom should still be a freelance one if it is not the new month since researching the Alliance.
And even after that it still might be a freelance one.

I also think that silver is pure merchandise at this time.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 31, 2019, 12:29:27 pm »

Nice start for this month.
About the heavy machineguns Gals that are missing, there are some armor that gives +Firing points maybe it would be a good idea to give our machinegunners one to get a few more accuracy % .

checking on the ingame bootypedia for my save, i see the following :
Pirate +5 firing
Blackhat +5 firing
Warrior +5 firing (but has some nasty "Large Target" malus making the Gal easier to hit by enemies)
Guerilla +5 firing
Night Ops +10 firing
Sniper +20 firing

« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 12:31:00 pm by Robsoie »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 31, 2019, 06:05:04 pm »

You're right about the silver bars!  I assumed they were needed for later chip forgery like gold bars, but nope.
And yeah the Pogrom was freelance, and freelance ones will remain in the mission pool.

+Firing clothes are nice, I've used Sniper in particular before to maximize, well, sniper rifles.  I suppose that would work just as well for long-range machinegunning.  That one gal did get some hits though, they just didn't pierce the Security's front armor.  Plastasteel rounds are a lot more effective in my experience.  Or one of the MGs that shreds, of course.

Anyway, here's the rest of the month!  I'm pretty good to keep going, perhaps even *gasp* I'll do an entire month :P  Or to the end of next month if that's cool.  Save might come tonight, though I suppose it depends on RNG.

Technically this is Freelance, the Alliance didn't request our help.  But we can, and I'd like to.  I seriously doubt we'll clear the area, but at least we'll take a few oppressors down.  It's going to be a night landing, time to spread some terror of our own.

After a short briefing on hyperwaves, I guess!  So apparently most people don't have a psionic communication network, and have to use energy signals or something?  Weird.  That means we can listen in, eventually!

Military police?  What are they doing here?  Are there... humanists in the governments??? yeah I mean obviously, still makes me mad.
uh for real?  There's no way this actually hits, right?
Yeah not even trying.  I do know that 100% shots can "miss" due to geometry voodoo.
Much better.
And wow, I only expected this shot to destroy the fence.  Nice.

Okay, not bad.  Two scum stunned, one deaded, Good me is bleeding a little from a shotgun (come ON tac vest), time to listen out for a tank...

These are mostly just "activists"!  Albright dumps one of the sleeping MPs in the Blowfish, gathering some Panzerfausts just in case, but I think we're going to win this.  The MPs have decent body armor, but the Kustom Handcannons blow through it half the time.  And doubleshoot (;
We charge forward recklessly, shooting and smashing, leaving ourselves open for counterattack.  But the locals are fighting as well, some dying as they throw themselves on the attackers.  Others taking revenge.  Perhaps all they needed was a little hope.
By the time we cross the town, the Humanists have shown their colors.  Throwing down their weapons and begging, or giving off their hiding spots by firing, terrified, into the night.
Which tool for this job...
Queue about 8 turns of bughunting and knocking people back down before I find this chucklefuck by him throwing, what, a gas grenade at me?  It didn't light any fires...  and of course he tanks 4 handcannon rounds to the side-armor.  Keep inconveniencing me, see what happens.
Hey, hold in there.  (Nice, a young uber!  She wakes up after being bandaged)
This is bull.  I shoot him that much in the arm, and he still hits 7/8 shots, the SMG doing that much damage through the tac vest.
Thankfully she manages to down him with no less than 6 swings to the back of the head... and that's it!
Aha I love that we lost some points for killing the military police.  Lots of survivors though!
Oho I thought I saw some apple trees!  And FIVE young ubers, that's really good!  (I've been playing Male Touch where that would be a godsend).  Also I suppose that was a riot grenade I saw earlier.
Guess one of those MPs was a prepper, heh.

Really not bad.  I mean, resistance was relatively light, but it was fairly numerous and we took very little wounds.  Pretty much just poor Boyzitbig, for- oh jeez, 37 days.  Well... hey, month-long vacation.  An Onsen would be nice about now...

Can't wait to deprogram these humanists, but I'm going to interrogate one first to get Slave Lasher researched.  Because, personally?  I never use Slave Lashers.  Not really comfortable with it, but I won't undo anyone else's choices obviously.

Hrm, ratman rodeo... Think I'll pass.  It's one thing when they're harassing the Lokk'nars, but seeking them out to kill is eh... anyway, their loot sucks.

Bam, we track down another Academy "experimentation" outpost a few minutes later!  Much more like it!

should probably put EuchreJill back in real armor, she's still equipped for undersea adventure... hmmph we need more chainmail, it's so nice!
why is present day full of so many fucking fences
Mission goes fine though, mostly (played sleepy, MCreeper and Andromeda got wounded for about three weeks each)

Wow a "highway house" gets spotted almost immediately.  No rest for the wicked!  But the arky-logical dig is still up so I do that.

I think we have a few spacesuits from the casino... The brainers also mention some "strange message" coming over the waves, but it's encrypted.

Digsite seems pretty quiet.  Maybe nobody's here?  Valuable coins and scrap metal are just lying around for the taking!
no really where is everyone?  Can I just take these?  Hello?
AGH SPIDERS FUCK (darn, was hoping for tomb raiders)
Lost the dog, but captured the spiders.  Evil wants to train them but we're just taking the venom.  And 22 valuable coins, woo!  (Also huh apparently underground missions count for "Nightingale", even during the day.)

Woah and then a whole bunch of research finished:
The runts demand extra pay for disecting spiders.  Can't say I blame them.
We crack open that weird box we found.  No wonder it was so heavy, jeez.
...Really?  Who thought this was a good idea?
City life seems pretty decadent, but give me the zones and hellerium any day.
We *finally* finish "analyzing" those dead crabs.  I think the hellerium kept them from rotting.  Mostly.
Lokk beliefs are weird.
Not pictured for cheesecake reasons:  A Girl Guidebook warns us "Greed kills.  Don't stuff your mouth with more than you can swallow".  screw you guidebook imma eat a whole meatslab
I forget where this came from but it's adorable
?????  Who the heck's Clemborg?  Is this some Alliance broadcast?  Hello?

I have the 6 Small Engines dismantled, since we have no forseeable use for them.  This nets us some useful superconductive wire and valuable hellerium.
This creep buzzed past the base super slowly, but emptying the charger laser into it didn't bring it down.  It threw some trash at us, and the runts refuse to recharge the laser until they finish cleaning the hull.

Apparently copper coupons can give Old Earth Books!  These'll look great in the library.

Spooky
Related article in the Solar Courier?

Mean
Science!
Reading magazines is totes "research"
Like this girl guide I can't show you because of unrealistic outfits (even by our standards!)  It's not (just) porn - it tells us we can unprime grenades!  That'll definitely come up ever.
I wonder if we're causing too much trouble.  I just want the Academy to pay, all this Star God crap is way beyond us.  Benefactors or no.

Oh right, I almost forgot about those five girls we rescued at the pogrom!  They've got some naive but interesting ideas about voodoo.  (And Wench outfits lol)

Who the heck is buying these?  Those apocalypse cultists?  Reassuring that they lack armor, though they're pretty flame resistant.  duh
Gross.  But I feel like we're learnin' things.

And then they screamed for three episodes to power up.

Euugh.  Looks like cutting and bashing work too.
Another fine humongous gentleman described his private barque, and offered us a ride some time.  So generous!

Wench outfit researched.  Seems pretty impractical- I mean, heels?  Really?  Maybe if it worked at range or something.

Aaand that the end of the month!  Not too shabby, though most of that was lore-research and celebration of the Alliance.  Plenty more lore to go though, I've avoiding data-discs until the more specific sources of lore dry up some.

It's funky how the 10th to 20th or so were jam-packed, then nothing really happened for like 11 days.  Some flybys I guess but nothing that looked worth shooting down.  Our unpaid workforce expanded nicely, and the library is well underway, leading to great things in the future!

Bonus research.  I'm a little skeptical, but I love the idea of an Onsen.  "Plotting" also sounds veeeery useful.
Queen Teuta, looking good.
Ching Shih 2nd, doing fine I suppose.  Now that we have some cash I should probably be building in it, even just plantations to build over later.  A Large Barracks would be quite nice, I wonder what research we're missing.
Vaults are nearly full but there's plenty of clutter I could sell.  The smelly rags for a start, but we've generally got excess raw materials I ought to be using.  A nice problem to have~  I suppose craft and craft weapons would be an obvious use, along with more chainmail (someday plate!) and kustom handcannons.
She/they

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 31, 2019, 08:53:02 pm »

Pretty good. Although you can avoid getting shot by getting into melee range with energy left, if you have good reactions+melee. Just don't walk up to an enemy and use the drinks to give them energy instead of yourself.

Okay, not bad.  Two scum stunned, one deaded, Good me is bleeding a little from a shotgun (come ON tac vest), time to listen out for a tank...

These are mostly just "activists"!  Albright dumps one of the sleeping MPs in the Blowfish, gathering some Panzerfausts just in case

You shouldn't see a tank with anyone other than ratlings in mutant pogroms. I also don't usually expect to see armored enemies in them either, so I could be wrong.

+Firing clothes are nice, I've used Sniper in particular before to maximize, well, sniper rifles.  I suppose that would work just as well for long-range machinegunning.  That one gal did get some hits though, they just didn't pierce the Security's front armor.  Plastasteel rounds are a lot more effective in my experience.  Or one of the MGs that shreds, of course.

Or any weapon that ignores some armor. Cattle Prods are hilarious weapons with their 70 damage for 20 TU, ignoring armor, and melee ruining the enemy's aim if you don't manage to hit them. Perfect for reticulan mechtoids (which should start showing up?)

Vaults are nearly full but there's plenty of clutter I could sell.  The smelly rags for a start, but we've generally got excess raw materials I ought to be using.  A nice problem to have~  I suppose craft and craft weapons would be an obvious use, along with more chainmail (someday plate!) and kustom handcannons.

Also, we've got an insane amount of beer. Hold another party? They're good enough for healing stun and regaining energy, but we get like 1-2 from a lot of missions, and more from Jack.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 01, 2019, 02:46:29 am »

Looking good!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 29