Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: The Republic - Rule a space nation! (9/?) - TURN 1  (Read 7869 times)

Rahx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Republic - Rule a space nation! (7/?) - TURN 1
« Reply #150 on: January 19, 2020, 11:07:04 am »

During the entire discussion of the representatives at the first meeting, Lander.inc's business districts are changing gears to reevaluate what must be acquired in order to continue with a functioning planet economy. Many meetings with other businesses to lay plans to maintain the current state of affairs and to begin construction of galactic prospectors to fill the void of resources that Earth was providing before everything went dark.

Research funding is on a brief halt, Agricultural business is proceeding as normal, and industry sectors are producing lists upon lists of materials missing to maintain the colony that cannot be found on Concordia.

Zarok is seeking acquisition of energy production and rights to construct a Lander.inc orbital works. Research funding requests have been submitted for exoskeletons for industry and agriculture sectors to boost production and safer product movement.

((That is really all I want to do for the company, I'm not invested in the politics. If anyone else wants to be a rep go ahead, I'd rather focus on doing something than talking about things. Though if it is really something people will have an issue with, as it kind of goes against the game idea, I'll pull out and go elsewhere.))
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 11:10:49 am by Rahx »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: The Republic - Rule a space nation! (8/?) - TURN 1
« Reply #151 on: January 19, 2020, 01:38:17 pm »

Arthur addressee Zhuo.

“I would like you to go into further detail regarding your plans for this trillion you have earmarked for colonization efforts. As far as I’m aware, it costs 20B Marks for an entire military fleet, you know, weapons in ships, a fully trained staff to man it, supplies to keep them alive and all that. You want to set aside five times per year for civilians to, essentially, gallavant through the universe looking for a new home.

I don’t understand the discrepancy. Would it not be better to leave the explorations to the military, as they have the equipment to look after themselves should they run into issues out there?”
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 19, 2020, 03:58:54 pm »

"For one to build dedicated exploration ships and fleets instead of sending our military out on far flung missions, perhaps never to return. Secondly to build and design colony ships for the millions and mayhaps billions of people that want to emigrate to the newfound worlds.
Then of course the sheer infrastructural costs of space stations, terraforming stations, colonial infrastructure, colonial policing, government, support equipment and personnel, education, farming equipment...i figure you get the gist?

Colonization is a major undertaking, expensive, lengthy and anything but easy. What we are doing here is after all discovering new planets, transplanting entire nations populations to those places and then making those places liveable...that costs enormous amounts of money even for small colonial populations.

Just imagine what a seeding population of even just ten thousand would need, in terms of food, livestock, equipment, medicine, machinery and other things just to survive and then imagine the amount of ships required for that."

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 19, 2020, 05:29:39 pm »

Chloe speaks up as well about ship discussion "It be foolish to leave matters related to colonization to military at this point considering that both government and privately own ships are still well back in designs, what we need are colony ships dedicated to travel and those would do well to research better engines and improving structural design to allow more room for materials for construction and fuel.

As Senator Zhou said ship building is expensive and long project to work with, what we need to scale up large projects then to reduce cost of building but that run into costs of building bigger areas on planet unless we build a space elevator but even that lenghty process."

Rahx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 19, 2020, 05:59:21 pm »

Chloe speaks up as well about ship discussion "It be foolish to leave matters related to colonization to military at this point considering that both government and privately own ships are still well back in designs, what we need are colony ships dedicated to travel and those would do well to research better engines and improving structural design to allow more room for materials for construction and fuel.

As Senator Zhou said ship building is expensive and long project to work with, what we need to scale up large projects then to reduce cost of building but that run into costs of building bigger areas on planet unless we build a space elevator but even that lengthy process."

Zarok pipes up after Chloe mentioned the space elevator.

"We have sufficient leftover VTOL starships that can be refitted into starbase construction starcraft. I propose designing and approving an orbital works so we don't need to bother with any other alternative means of transporting resources. Of course I'll happily fund it myself if the budget and/or resources becomes a little short. We have limited stockpiles from Earth so being able to prospect and replace those resource demands would work much better for all of us in the long run."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
Re: The Republic - Rule a space nation! (9/?) - TURN 1
« Reply #155 on: January 23, 2020, 04:58:52 pm »

The speaker rises up to bring debate to a close.

"If there are no further proposals, the following are submitted for your consideration:

The Tax and Projects Proposal:
a) The Zhuo Proposal
b) The Reeves Proposal

Term Limits:
a) 2 years (4 turns)
b) 4 years (8 turns)
c 10 years (20 turns)

The Offices appointments - interested senators to submit Office that they wish to Occupy, to be confirmed with senate upon conclusion of voting.

------------------
((After this vote the game will move to turn 2, actions of players that are outside of senate, e.g business will be processed.))

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
Re: The Republic - Rule a space nation! (9/?) - TURN 1
« Reply #156 on: January 29, 2020, 03:10:27 pm »

"The Votes are in and the results are as follows:

The Tax and Projects Proposal:
b) The Reeves Proposal

Term Limits:
b) 4 years (8 turns)

The Union budget shall be organized along the lines of Reeves proposal, keeping the percentage proportions going forward beyond first year once revenue numbers change, or a new budget is submitted."

Hendrick Reeves also nominated himself for the ministry of health, which forms part of the Office of Business, through the virtue of greatest compatibility. Unless objected to, he will take office as of the next official session."

-----------------------------------------------

Mid 2400...

"Welcome to Concordia Global News. I'm Jack Thomson, here with the latest from the Senate of the Union.

The talks and the long hours of work of both the Senate and the civil service that was organizing itself ad hoc around the Assembly Hall in Landing Point started to take shape. It will take months to implement and to organize any real government that would be able to take charge over the entire planet, but the impossible has been done - our world is heading towards a common future! Our reporter, Kate Higgins is currently on site at Landing Point. Kate, what's it like on the ground?

Kate: Hi Jack, I'm here in front of the Assembly Hall and it is impossible to describe - despite months in session and the subjects that have been kept secret for so long, the masses of people have not stopped coming and going from the building! People in the city are complaining of the traffic and the prices going up, with the daily number of new residents growing without a stop, as everyone expects the new government to finally take shape and announce itself to the public. Office space is at a premium and rents city-wide are going up more and more - there is no end in sight.

Thank you Kate. We have just received word that the Senate has announced the end to the constitutional work and will start unveiling the latest reforms and decisions. The Senate Press Office will unveil the first batch of the announcements in 6 standard hours. Now, to the sports...

END OF TURN 1

((The turn orders will now be processed and decisions implemented for the nation so far will be processed as well. If you have not made any turn orders yet, you have until this Saturday to get them in place. Apologies for any delays.))
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]