Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Armoured Commander I & II - roguelike WW2 tank simulator  (Read 17929 times)

sudasana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Armoured Commander II
Re: Armoured Commander I & II - roguelike WW2 tank simulator
« Reply #105 on: February 18, 2020, 05:23:33 am »

How realistic is it - mainly about sortie ratios, tactics and scenarios available. Does it really feel like you are a tanker in a unit that has plausible tasks? What about combined arms? Do those relatively large hexes not simplify things a bit too much, compared to, say, Steel Panthers?

Sorry for so many questions, it seems too good to be true.

The game is very abstract, and tries to focus what detail there is on your tank and your crew. There's not nearly the level of detail as in a larger-scale wargame, but I think it's an interesting experience because you get a better feeling of commanding a single tank and its crew, while the larger war is going on around you. Think Fury rather than A Bridge Too Far.

sudasana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Armoured Commander II
« Reply #106 on: February 18, 2020, 11:37:00 am »

Have issued a hotfix for the reported crashes, and have added a visual depiction for when units are dug-in, entrenched, or fortified. The detailed log will have to come a little later.

Re-download from the usual link, should be compatible with campaigns saved with the previous Beta 1 RC 1

sudasana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Armoured Commander II
« Reply #107 on: February 20, 2020, 10:42:37 am »

I've uploaded Beta 1 rc 2 to the dev build link, it fixes a crash when a crewman is on Manage Ready Rack order but a non-gun weapon is selected, and adds the beginning of a combat journal, viewable from the Campaign Calendar interface: http://www.armouredcommander.com/download/armcom2_weekly.zip

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 21, 2020, 03:37:58 am »

Crash from anti-tank rifle attack from Riflemen in the French campaign. Using the latest beta.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

sudasana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Armoured Commander II
« Reply #109 on: February 21, 2020, 03:54:30 am »

Can you post the save? Tried to replicate it just now with no luck. Which tank were you in?

Edit: Alternatively, when did the crash occur? When the attack started, after the to-hit roll, or later on?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 09:12:46 am by sudasana »

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 21, 2020, 06:21:08 pm »

Wasn't able to replicate. When the attack started. Was in the H35.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

sudasana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Armoured Commander II
« Reply #111 on: February 26, 2020, 06:56:45 am »

Still not able to replicate, hopefully it was related to another issue that's since been fixed.

I've uploaded a build of Beta 1, and I won't announce it until tomorrow or Friday but you're welcome to download and try it out. I had a little trouble with the pyinstaller packaging, and I think I've included all the libraries necessary to run it on Windows machines, but if it doesn't run please let me know.

http://www.armouredcommander.com/download/armcom2_beta_1.zip

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 06, 2020, 12:39:21 am »

No crashes yet. Playing the newest beta. Campaign started as the UK during the battle of France. Having light snow as a weather pattern, wondering if this intended or not?

Edit: Crash during close combat. Crash occurred after a defending rifleman was destroyed. Driving a MK VI C tank. The crash didn't reproduce on reloading the save.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 01:15:17 am by Little »

sudasana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Armoured Commander II
« Reply #113 on: March 06, 2020, 02:10:18 am »

Do you recall what the other defending unit was? Close Combat has proven to be a big source of crashes, I'll see if I can build in some pre-emptive error checking in the next release.

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 07, 2020, 02:42:49 am »

Do you recall what the other defending unit was? Close Combat has proven to be a big source of crashes, I'll see if I can build in some pre-emptive error checking in the next release.

I think it may have been an Opel-3, not sure though and unsure if it was troop-carrying.

Had that campaign end. RIP to Corporal Harold Webb, who was killed when a shell hit the turret and blew it apart, sending fragments through the tank.

Should implement a combo high scores/graveyard option, perhaps accessible from the main menu.

sudasana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Armoured Commander II
« Reply #115 on: March 07, 2020, 02:53:15 am »

Well played!

I've made a small update to the beta, adding an additional check during close combat that will hopefully avoid further crashes there.

And yes - a morgue file is definately planned, where you can review past armoured commanders, both those who survived their campaign and those who didn't.

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 09, 2020, 12:49:08 am »

Crash when selecting a tank after a tank being destroyed during the UK campaign.

Edit: Save is here: https://ufile.io/3n3fcv3x
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 01:11:10 am by Little »

sudasana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Armoured Commander II
« Reply #117 on: March 09, 2020, 02:14:15 am »

Thanks! Fixed in 1.0.3-beta, download from the same link. You can continue your save as well.

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 10, 2020, 04:16:28 pm »

Not a crash, but keep getting an error in the background terminal.

"ERROR: not able to find AP score for 40"

sudasana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Armoured Commander II
« Reply #119 on: March 10, 2020, 04:29:57 pm »

The data for the A9 Cruiser Mk I gun wasn't set up properly - it should be a long barrelled gun, but it was recorded as a standard length, and there's no Armour Penetration rating in the game for this. Hot-fixed now in 1.0.3-beta, you can re-download and continue with your saved game, although the AP rating for your tank's main gun won't change unless you get a new one or start a new game.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10