Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Armoured Commander I & II - roguelike WW2 tank simulator  (Read 17935 times)

sudasana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Armoured Commander II
Re: Armoured Commander I & II - roguelike WW2 tank simulator
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2019, 11:08:07 am »

Thanks for the answers, it's a very good game, can't wait to see what you're going to do with its further development.

Thanks for playing! Knowing that people are enjoying it is a huge motivator for me to keep working on it.  :)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2019, 12:53:14 pm »

Survived 2 days in the campaign, the first day had several battles won without a loss and gave the crew some improvements so i could add some skills to the driver, gunner and driver secondary guy.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Despite Legendary Bad Luck (tm) the 2nd day we managed to capture the victory location of the enemy we couldn't yet reach on the 1st day

We lost a tank (we had 3, i guess we gained 1 more tank in between day1 and day2) due to a Panzer iv that took some time to take down (i even used the air support but they never managed to spot it and the time they did their raid on it was unsuccessful)

Only 2 battles this day as most of the enemy fleed from our approach apparently, so not enough battles to give improvement to the crew unfortunately.

Something i noticed is that despite taking the skill that improve the chance for going hull down, on that second day my driver attempted nearly a dozen of time and always failed to go hull down, and as it count as a movement it means that opening fire in the same turn as a failed hull down reduce considerably the chances to hit (nearly the same as moving an hexagon)

edit :
3rd day is a triumph with another victory location wrestled out of the german hands

On the 4th day, on the way to another victory location we ran into a panzer vi ... a damned Tiger !
Took a lot of AP to finally get one to penetrate and get rid of the beast. Sadly in the battle we lost my super spotter (that had by then very high perception and some spotting skill) because i stupidly forgot he had his hatch opened during the whole thing.
Lucky we got a new assistant driver sent to us , my new spotter, while we captured the victory location (the enemy fled from us)

I hope this 4th day will not have more bad surprises
It seems still impossible to get a successful hull down.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 01:37:29 pm by Robsoie »

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2019, 03:09:25 am »

iirc the hull down roll is pretty hard if you are not on some specific terrain

sudasana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Armoured Commander II
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2019, 11:13:06 am »

iirc the hull down roll is pretty hard if you are not on some specific terrain

This is the case - in open ground terrain, for example, it's very difficult indeed. Try moving around a bit until you're in some rougher terrain with more cover.

sudasana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Armoured Commander II
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2019, 03:26:05 pm »

Alpha 9 of Armoured Commander II is now available for download. Some of the new features were directly prompted by this thread (eg. it's now possible to move to a new map on the Campaign Day layer once you reach the edge)

https://www.armouredcommander.com/blog/2019/12/08/alpha-9/

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2019, 01:42:36 pm »

Some questions because I couldn't find some things explained. Played only ArmCom2. (Very nice game btw!)

What is the effect of each of the 4 crew stats?

How to interpret the Armor numbers? (I quess H is for Hull, T is for Turret, but I also saw U ?) What 1/1 actually means? Is it front/back?
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

sudasana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Armoured Commander II
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2019, 02:22:00 pm »

What is the effect of each of the 4 crew stats?
How to interpret the Armor numbers? (I quess H is for Hull, T is for Turret, but I also saw U ?) What 1/1 actually means? Is it front/back?

Perception modifies crew spotting attempts. Knowledge applies a small modifer every time a skill is used. Grit helps to resist being Stunned and injured/killed. Morale is not used at the moment, but eventually will help with crew resisting the psychological stresses of combat.

Indeed, H is Hull armour, T is Turret, and U refers to Upper Structure for those vehicles without a rotating turret. The two armour values refer to front and side; rear armour is always one level lower than the side armour rating. All the values are based on Advanced Squad Leader system, which roughly corresponds to 10mm per armour rating, taking into account the quality of the armour and the angle.

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2019, 02:32:17 pm »

Thank you for explaining! :)
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

sudasana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Armoured Commander II
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2019, 04:26:33 pm »

Thanks for the bug reports! Both crashes are (I hope!) fixed in Alpha 9.1.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2019, 05:14:28 am »

Glad to see this thread has taken off a little bit!

Just a suggestion to add randomized tank names, crew nicknames, and rank/age flavour to crewmembers. The spots are there, and it really helps the game come alive for me and I;m sure others as well.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

sudasana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Armoured Commander II
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2019, 05:16:25 am »

Glad to see this thread has taken off a little bit!

Just a suggestion to add randomized tank names, crew nicknames, and rank/age flavour to crewmembers. The spots are there, and it really helps the game come alive for me and I;m sure others as well.

Will do! Crew nicknames are already implemented, the command to set it might not be easy to find though.

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2019, 12:19:28 pm »

exist a manual or a wiki?

sudasana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Armoured Commander II
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2019, 08:38:54 am »

Not yet, but I'll see what I can do this week.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2019, 08:44:34 pm »

Downloading now to try something a little different! Any tips to surviving???
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

sudasana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Armoured Commander II
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2019, 04:53:07 am »

Play cautiously; it's a game of survival, not destruction. Learn about the different tanks and guns in the game; the danger from a 20mm is very different from that of a 75mm, for example.

Don't expect to survive many days, especially when you're still learning the game. It's a roguelike - with each playthrough you'll get better and get to know the game mechanics better.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10