Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Fighting Thread - Martial Arts and Other General Forms Of Fisticuffs  (Read 3346 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Fighting Thread - Martial Arts and Other General Forms Of Fisticuffs
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2021, 06:53:34 pm »

My my, I certainly didn’t expect to see this necro’d!

I’ve been unable to train either karate or judo for the past ... yearish due to covid, so I’ve been doing a lot of stuff at home, and have begun a steady descent into more and more niche stuff. Taught myself some taiji forms off a dvd, got way too into forearm exercises, and started hand and body conditioning routines. Also a ton of qigong stuff since I’ve discovered I find it neat.

Lord, my sparring’s gonna be so rusty when I eventually am able to engage in it again. Punching bags and whatnot are fine, but nothing replaces another actual person.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2021, 06:08:09 am »

Gyms all closed up here - and by the time they reopened, I had moved. I'm down to only running basically, but itching to get back in the sport. There are no normal gyms near me, let alone boxing gyms or any sort of dojo. A bit frustrating - I even considered teaching some of the students here how to box just to get some practice (and school funding...)

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2021, 07:24:16 am »

Lord, my sparring’s gonna be so rusty when I eventually am able to engage in it again. Punching bags and whatnot are fine, but nothing replaces another actual person.
Good news is that anyone that's not been living with another martial artist is going to be in the same boat as you.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears
Pages: 1 2 [3]