Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Virgin Island: Rising Arms Race (Blue Thread) Turn 0  (Read 532 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Virgin Island: Rising Arms Race (Blue Thread) Turn 0
« on: January 23, 2020, 04:37:01 pm »

Welcome, Brave People. I'll cut to the chase. We're hungry, if not thirsty, and have limited supplies to create with. And the tablets all over this 'Island' are in many languages. They all seem to say there is another generator on the other side though, so I'll need you to put your heads together and create some designs if we are to win this twisted game.

Turn 0 Objectives

Create a Census. This is effectively Lore of your people, scattered as it may be. The best Lore at the end of this turn will win a Research Credit, good for 1 extra die, with the highest 2 of the dice rolled being used. Resource Credits Stack, each granting an extra die. However, they don't affect Designs aiming to acquire a Special Resource (and use it). Note you will also need to come up with a name.

2 Designs. 1 Design for Infrastructure, 1 Normal Design. The side with a better Infrastructure Design will earn a Scouting Credit, good only for the pregame turns. Scouting Credits can be used to discover 1 of the three lanes adjacent to a known area, which all are obscured currently. They will be revealed as you close in on the first combat report anyway, but knowing the land ahead of time has some advantage.

3 Revisions. These revisions can be used to create new things as well from old, with a relaxed difficulty curb.

Report of Findings. This is effectively an overall view of your first turn. It will also include your next turn's objectives.

Ore represents metals. Wood, natural resources. Oil, oils and chemicals, along with propellants. And Power comes from the Generator.
Designs that require Power are typically Infrastructure. The more you have, the more Infrastructure you can keep active. Some Infrastructures don't cost Power, some cost 2 or 3.

Spoiler: Current Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Resources (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Blue Eyes only (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 05:05:41 pm by TricMagic »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Virgin Island: Rising Arms Race (Blue Thread) Turn 0
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2020, 05:31:02 pm »

I'ma hop in.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Virgin Island: Rising Arms Race (Blue Thread) Turn 0
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2020, 07:26:58 pm »

Ah, what the worst that can happen, I'll be here
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.