Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: [IC] Abducting the Plagued Scream  (Read 9412 times)

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Abducting the Plagued Scream
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2019, 12:41:43 pm »

Mike and Giena

Stephen finally managed to catch his breath and dragged himself to his feet with a groan. "Thank you, I promise you won't see me again." he said, shaking his head emphatically. He scampered off back into the darkness, clutching his stomach the while way.

Mike and Giena were left to the dark silence once more, this time with an uneasy feeling lingering over them. Indeed, Stepten's vomit smelled absolutely putrid.
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2019, 01:27:15 pm »

Mike
"Christ, what the hell did the kid eat?" Mike muttered as he caught a whiff of the puke. He moved a bit further from Gienna, taking out the radio as the smell started to fade.

"Markus, the situation with the kid's been handled..." he said into the receiver, then stopped as he considered how much to say. He looked back at Gienna, but after a second though, he shook his head, sighing "nothing major. The kid was just one of those wall scratchers who got lost. Told him off for trespassing on private property and got him to leave. Over."
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2019, 04:14:24 pm »

Erika

With a shrug, Erika moved the light out of Hand's face, letting out a sigh of slight relief once she saw the lights from what seemed to be their shipping truck, "Well, looks like the night's picking up pretty quickly" she said, spitting out her cigarette and resting her free hand on her magnum, "I'll go out and meet them once they get close enough. They'll probably complain about the lack of lights, but we might as well keep up with tradition" she stated, stepping to the side as she moved a slight bit away from her original guard point so she could as least meet up with whoever was driving the truck today.

Largely unnecessary, but she liked to keep some semblance of normality today.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2019, 04:36:46 pm »

Erika

The truck pulled to a stop next to Erika, the driver waving cheerily. He had a light on in the truck, so Erika got a much better look at him then he did of her. He was an older man with dark skin, gone bald but with a full white mustache and beard.

He rolled down his window to speak, rambunctiously announcing, "Hello there missy!" In a southern accent, "Got a nice little delivery here for ya, the bosses told me to get it inside A.S.A.P. so it'd be just dandy if ya'd open up that there garage for me." Without waiting for a request, he handed Erika a clipboard with the paperwork confirming his identity. Strangely though, it was completely devoid of information regarding what was inside the truck. She'd never seen a shipment like this. Even if the contents were secret, there was usually information regarding things like size or fragility. But this one said nothing in any of the fields pertaining to cargo information. There weren't even any shipping instructions warning that it was sensitive material. Other than the oddity regarding the contents, the manifest seemed to be in order.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2019, 05:13:08 pm »

Erika

Well, she wasn't that used to cheerful delivery drivers, they tended to be a bit more bitter or just merely unpleasant, but this was a nice change of pace so far for her. So, while his clipboard was sudden and hadn't been requested yet, Erika couldn't help but smile as she took it, scanning the papers with the light from the truck and her own flashlight. However, looking it over, her smile quickly faded when she got to the contents.

Or specifically, the lack of contents. Normally, they would have an idea of what they would be getting, or instructions, or at least something. This one just had the man's info and identity, and nothing else, as if there wasn't any actual delivery, "I'm guessing the contents of the delivery are confidential?" Erika asked as she scanned the rest of the papers, nodding as they seemed to be good. She just couldn't exactly get her head around the contents though. One would think that she'd be used to highly secretive things from working in the military, but she just... Never did.
OOC
IC

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2019, 05:32:40 pm »

Erika

The driver grimaced. "Confidential ain't even the half of it." He told Erika, his voice dropping, "I overheard some higher ranked type characters talking about it and they dunno what's in it anymore than you or me. Sounded like only the tip top brass know what they're sending ya." he shook his head, "Whatever it is, I don't want no more to do with it than I already have."

He seemed pretty nervous. It wasn't Erika's job to know what was inside the shipment, and since everything else was fine, she didn't really have any reason to prevent the delivery.
Defile Circles Discord

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2019, 05:39:58 pm »

Erika

And that was all Erika needed to know to have some semblance of trust for the man. It seemed about right, anyways, "Sounds about right. Everything else checks out though" Erika replied, handing the clipboard back to the man, turning back to Hands, "He's good, open it up" she called out, already beginning to walk back to the warehouse, hand back to resting on her magnum.
OOC
IC

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2019, 07:09:22 pm »

Erika

Right as the driver (whose name was Harold, which Erika had read on the clipboard), started the vehicle back up, Erika swore she heard something banging inside the truck. It was probably just her imagination playing tricks on her, fear of the vigilante and nerves about the unusual manifest messing with reality.

She didn't have much option to worry about it, Hands was already letting Harold inside to unload the truck. Whatever was inside that truck was inside the warehouse, there was no going back now.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 10:27:54 pm by Takosher »
Defile Circles Discord

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2019, 06:38:04 pm »

Erika

With the clipboard given back to Harold, Erika kept walking, until a sound made her stop as the truck rolled by. A notable bang, coming from the truck. Dammit, had she let the vigilante into the warehouse? Or was it something worse she had let in? She had just gotten all of them killed, just like that, and broke her the promise she had-

An annoyed sigh came out from Erika as she pulled out another cigarette, putting it in her mouth and lighting it. Her nerves were just shot up to hell, that was all, "Hands, have you called in to make sure that Markus knows that the delivery has been let in?| she asked as she approached her partner, slightly mumbled thanks to her cigarette.
OOC
IC

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2019, 07:23:50 pm »

Erika

"Yup, we're good." Hands affirmed, "Was something wrong though? You looked a little worried there."

Everyone

A burst of static blared out from the radios, startling just about everyone. "What was that? Everyone check in right now!" Markus demanded immediately. It didn't take long for responses to come in, but there was one missing. Remi didn't respond despite Markus asking several times with increasing severity for her to answer him. Eventually he gave up on getting a response, put everyone on alert, and started handing out orders. "Mike, Giena, one of you go join up with Dodger and help him check the cameras to see if you can find her anywhere inside. Erika, go inside and make sure the delivery is stowed so we can get the driver out of here. I don't want an unknown complicating matters if there's actually something going on."

Arkady

Markus lowered the radio and turned to Arkady. "You go up and check on Remi. It's possible she's just being a bitch, and she responds better to you than anyone else."
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2019, 07:48:07 pm »

Mike
"aaaah shit." Mike sighed. Nothing good was bound to come out of this... splitting up a patrol while there was some vigilante running about the district. Hell, being solo might've gotten remi canned, for all they knew right now. "well, can't be helped. So which one of us is gonna do it? If I recall correctly, I don't think you and Dodger get along very well, do you?"

Not that it was likely because of lack of effort on dodger's end, but... mike left that part out.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 07:50:30 pm by Stratos »
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2019, 07:59:57 pm »

Erika

"Nothing, just... Thought I heard something is all" she stated, rubbing her eyes slightly, "Might've just been my imagin-" Erika continued, only to be startled out of her statement by the burst of static, followed by what felt like a mass panic when everyone quickly called in to report.

Except Remi.

"Affirmative" Erika responded to Markus's new orders, her tiredness quickly evaporating thanks to a surge of adrenaline, her hand flying to her pistol and almost drawing it, "Hands, get inside as well, but keep an eye on the door" she ordered before practically sprinting into the warehouse, specifically towards the truck.
OOC
IC

IntSys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2019, 08:13:30 pm »

Arkady

That was awfully startling. Arkady and Markus were keeping watch around the west entrance, so no one else could've gone up the roof without getting detected...

The roof was never a fun place to be in, for Arkady. It was definitely the darkest location around the warehouse, with barely any lighting to be speak of aside from the very distant city lights. He gulped and responded with just an "Okay" before taking out a flashlight and starting to climb the ladder. As he neared the top of the ladder, he called out for Remi. "R-Remi? You still up there?"

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2019, 08:35:15 pm »

Erika

Hands followed Erika, handing her the radio before she got too far. "You'll need this or you might get lost." he told her, "take care."

Inside, Erika found the truck empty. The forklift was missing as well, so it seemed like the delivery driver was still out putting the delivery away. It hadn't been long so that wasn't a surprise, but it was possible he'd gotten lost in the ridiculous maze that was the warehouse. Either way, she'd need to look for him. That meant entering the labyrinth herself.

Arkady

Arkady received no response to his call as he climbed onto the roof. The roof seemed devoid of life, though if there was any he wouldn't be able to see it in the darkness. The air system was currently whirring loudly in the background, making it so that picking out any quiet noises would be difficult.
Defile Circles Discord

IntSys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2019, 08:42:53 pm »

Arkady

Arkady's legs began to tremble without him even noticing. "Remi, p-please!" Anything, anything to indicate an outcome better than the worst possible. He turned on the flashlight, and searched the roof briefly, staying close to the ladder.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12