Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: [IC] Abducting the Plagued Scream  (Read 9475 times)

IntSys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Abducting the Plagued Scream
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2019, 08:28:13 pm »

Arkady

Arkady was simply stunned at what he had just seen. Moments ago, Markus was still talking to him, and now, that was no longer possible. Sadness welled up, but it was quickly washed aside by fear, and determination. He quickly frisked Markus' body for his radio, and, if he could find it, he'd hand it to Remi. "You should tell them how to deal with the enemies. I can rely on you here, but they can't." He said, maintaining a forced composure.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2019, 09:48:23 pm »

Erika

Climbing over the crates took a while, and by the time Erika was back down on the other side, Dodger had info. "Alright, I found him. Straight ahead, ignore the first intersection, the next two lefts after that, straight ahead until you hit a turn, he should be just around that corner." Dodger filled her in on directions, "He has a saw, I think he's trying to open one of the shipping containers. . I don't know which ones, they're in a blind spot, I only caught him because he took a break for a minute there."

Arkady

Remi took the radio, but didn't call. "Look, I understand why you're so insistent about this, but I'm not telling you because it won't help." She explained, "It only worked because they didn't know any better. I used my chance to run, so now they know I can't beat them. I'm just as vulnerable as any other human now." She gestured to the corpse, "I'll go ahead and warn everyone, see if you can figure out what they did to Markus."

"Hey guys, bad news." Remi announced over the radio, "Markus is dead."

When Arkady checked Markus, he'd find no visible markings anywhere on Markus's body. It might give him hope, but he'd be unable to find any signs of life either. Eventually, he might think to look inside Markus's mouth, where he'd finally find something. The back of Markus's throat was extremely swollen, and some sort of white markings were covering it. It looked like Markus had choked to death from this swelling.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 10:04:35 pm by Takosher »
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2019, 09:57:56 pm »

Mike
"This isn't some joke in poor taste right?" Mike replied over the radio. Though given the context of tonight, he immediately got the gut feeling that whatever this was, it was all too real. Before Remi could even respond, he continued "fuck a duck... of course whoever's doing this would take the commander first. Do you have any idea how he died? And what the hell happened up there on the roof? Over."
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 10:07:21 pm by Stratos »
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2019, 10:01:52 pm »

Erika

When Remi's announcement came in, Erika had already gotten through the first left of her path, magnum out and ready. However, when Remi's voice did come over the radio, she did slow to a near stop, yet still walking towards where Harold was. Bad news didn't even begin to describe it. Markus had died. Remi was alright, that was clear, but they had lost Markus, their leader and connection. That just left Mike and herself as the most experienced to get them through this.

No one is dying tonight

"Affirmative Remi. Everyone regroup at Dodger's location. I'll be there soon. over." She replied to the radio on her own accord, before putting it away to focus on getting to Harold, which considering her newfound speed, didn't take her long to round the final corner, lifting her magnum up, "Harold, what the hell are you doing?" she instinctively shouted, barely taking the time to actually see what he was doing before going in.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 10:07:09 pm by GodofGamingRWBY »
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

IntSys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2019, 10:08:09 pm »

Arkady

Arkady took his time to work on Markus, as difficult as it was. He looked all over for wounds, before finally finding a horrific swelling at the back of Markus' throat, covered with unnatural white markings. Cold sweat ran all over Arkady's back. Words could not express his disgust.

It was likely some kind of poison. Probably not one that could just be spread through the air, as that would've killed him the moment he breathed in the air on the roof. It'd help immensely if they could just figure out how this poison was administered.

"Poison." He said aloud. "Remi, when they attacked you, which part of you were they going for? The mouth? The neck?"
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 10:24:13 pm by IntSys »

Cheesy Honkers

• Bay Watcher
  • eat the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2019, 03:41:34 am »

Giennadii

"Wait, was he stabbed or something? I didn't hear a gunshot..."

Markus was dead!? Fuck... This is bad. Very bad. Worst of all nobody heard or saw what happened until now.

Or they saw everything and kept mum. Giena looked at Dodger with the corner of his eyes but said nothing, instead he stepped back and talked through his radio. Suddenly, Giena was struck by a thought. Perhaps if the cameras were recording there was a way to check the recording and see who exactly attacked Markus. Quickly, he turned back to Dodger. His hand was, however, already deep in his pocket holding his issued handgun, ready to be pulled out and fired at a moment's notice.

"Are the cameras recording? Can we check back footage?"

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2019, 09:27:41 am »

Arkady

"Arkady is looking for cause of death right now." Remi told everyone, "We'll head over as soon as we know what happened."

Remi then answered Arkady, "He didn't get a chance, so I don't know. What kind of poison?"

Arkady was a step behind her, but if he interpreted the cause as poison, it narrowed things down a good bit. Whoever they were up against must have attacked in a largely imperceptible manner.

Giena

Dodger nodded, "Yeah, we can do that." Dodger set the cameras to rewind back a few minutes, intently watching the screen that showed the west entrance. It didn't take long to find Markus standing on screen, and so he let the feed play forwards again.

The camera at the west entrance didn't show very much, just the area directly leading up to the door. Luckily, Markus was standing close to the door. Suddenly, Markus started grasping at his throat and gagging, like he was choking on something. Some sort of invisible force started to lift him into the air, seemingly by his neck. He tried to reach for something, his radio or his gun maybe, but was dragged off camera before Giena and Dodger were able to see if he was successful.

Erika

Harold didn't seem startled by Erika's appearance. "I know how this looks like." he said calmly, "But I swear, it ain't how it looks like." He pointed at the container with his thumb, "I heard someone banging on the door. I don't got many scruples, but I draw the line at putting people in shipping containers and stowing them away in a warehouse to starve to death."
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 11:32:56 am by Takosher »
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

IntSys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 25, 2019, 09:56:15 am »

Arkady

"It's unlike anything I've ever seen. It caused Markus' throat to swell and choke him to death," Arkady paused for a moment, articulating his thoughts, "like some sort of a cancerous growth." Finally, he stood up from Markus' body. "Considering how they attacked you and how we're both still breathing freely... It was likely a poison injected directly to the body - no, to the throat."

"But as for how... They were completely seamless. Not a single open wound. I don't know how," he was sweating heavily, trying to comprehend every single bit of clue Markus had left him before he departed for a hopefully better place.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 25, 2019, 10:12:08 am »

Arkady

A cancer-like growth in the throat? Remi could only think of a couple possibilities as to who that might be. And considering the M.O. of the vigilante they'd been dealing with, there was just one that fit perfectly. It had to be I37. Remi quickly went over to Markus and looked in his mouth to confirm her suspicions, and she wasn't happy with what she found there. "Dammit, this is strep throat." She said aloud before she could stop herself.

Rather than give Arkady time to ask more questions, Remi bolted to her feet and started walking. "Come on, we need to meet up with the others. I'll explain everything once we're all together."
Defile Circles Discord

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2019, 11:30:50 am »

Erika

For a second, Erika was silent, if only for the fact that she too heard something bang from the truck earlier. Turns out her nerves might not have been playing trick on her after all.

But it was only for a second.

"You're not going to be opening anything right now. I'll get to it later, but I have orders to get you out of here before complications arise. So you can cooperate nicely, or I'll force you out myself. Trust me, it's for your own good" she informed, keeping her magnum raised, flicking off the safety to show that she was meaning business.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 25, 2019, 12:00:34 pm »

Erika

"Can't whoever is in this container be complicating too?" Harold argued. Although despite his objection, he moved to comply with Erika's request for him to leave.

To help Harold make his point, the container started banging again. It wasn't just random banging though, there was a pattern. A pattern that Erika as a radio operator recognized instantly. Three short knocks, three long bangs, three more short knocks. There was definitely a person in there, and they were asking for help.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 12:06:39 pm by Takosher »
Defile Circles Discord

Cheesy Honkers

• Bay Watcher
  • eat the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 25, 2019, 12:42:47 pm »

Giennadii

Giena was a sheltered child. He didn't see violence growing up, he didn't have fistfights with other children and he couldn't even watch violent cartoons on the telly. Seeing someone die was certainly not something he was used to seeing. But seeing someone be lifted by an invisible force and dragged off to hell or the whereabouts was something even less usual. Understanding the surreal nature of Markus' death sent shivers down his spine.

"Did I miss something or...? Was Marku-oh shit..."

"Uh, guys, come here quick. If you hear a noise just fucking run. Markus was lifted by, like, something invisible and then dragged somewhere. I repeat, they're fucking invisible. Mike, I want my shotgun back."

"Keep watching the cameras, I'll make sure no one sneaks up on us."

Giennadii said to Dodger and pulled out his pistol. His hands shaking, he opened the door and started shining his flashlight around, trying to spot anyone... or anything.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 25, 2019, 12:53:08 pm »

Giena

Dodger was just as shocked as Giena. Whatever they had just seen was absolutely not natural. Suddenly they had gone from facing a dangerous vigilante to facing a supernatural attacker. Dodger was frozen with fear as he tried and failed to come up with a way to survive an invisible attack.

"Arkady and I are already on our way there." Remi's voice replying to Giena over the radio in the camera room snapped Dodger back into action. Right now his duty was to guide Erika. He brought the cameras back to live and trained his eyes on the screen that Erika and Harold were on.
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 25, 2019, 12:54:33 pm »

Mike
As Gienna opened the door to the camera room, he wouldn't have to look long or very hard before he saw Mike just a few feet away. By now, he had closed the north door to the warehouse, fully aware that the true threat lay inside, not out, and that watching the perimeter any longer was pointless.

"Easy there, tiger" He said, walking to Gienna and offering the shotgun "Take it, you're probably gonna need it at this rate. And what the hell were you talking about when you said Markus got lifted by some invisible force?"
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Cheesy Honkers

• Bay Watcher
  • eat the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 25, 2019, 01:00:56 pm »

Giennadii

The lanky slav grabbed the shotgun. His wild eyes said much more that he could. He wasted no time in reloading the heavy firearm.

"Watch the footage, Mike, and see for yourself. I can't make this shit up."

Giena looked around the room for duct tape to tie the flashlight under the barrel of his shotgun. Light was critical, though if the intruder was invisible it wouldn't help much.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12