Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: [IC] Abducting the Plagued Scream  (Read 9468 times)

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Abducting the Plagued Scream
« Reply #75 on: July 25, 2019, 01:13:47 pm »

Mike
"..." He held Gienna's gaze for a few seconds before the latter went off in search of tape. Something about the look in his eye... Mike had seen that look, a few times on the battlefield. It was the essence of pure terror, fear and loathing incarnate. Whatever Gienna had saw on those monitors, he wasn't making it up.

"nevermind then." he muttered "Jesus H Christ, what is this, Paranormal Activity? Just what the hell is really going on here?"

unfortunately, the only way he could answers right now is wait. Remi apparently knew something she hadn't let on before, but her and Arkady would have to get over here before anyone else could hear it.
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 25, 2019, 07:07:28 pm »

Erika

"Yes, which is why I said I'd take care of it myself-" Erika began, only for the banging of the container to continue. Immediately pausing, Erika's radio training flared to life once she realized the banging's rhythm... Specifically, Morse code for 'SOS'. There WAS someone in there. Why was someone in the container?!

Shortly after the bangings resumed, Erika holstered her pistol, "Pause on that. We'll open the container, then get both of you out of here" she said, knowing that Harold trying to leave without a guide would just get him lost in the maze that was the building. But she couldn't just leave someone stuck and asking for help without... Well, helping, even if it put her in a disadvantageous position. So, she moved past Harold, guiding him back to the container as she went to work on trying to get it open on her own. She wasn't sure if she actually needed the saw, the containers they got were either easily openable or required special tools to actually crack them without damaging what was inside. Regardless, she'd try.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

IntSys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 25, 2019, 09:24:09 pm »

Arkady

Arkady just looked at Remi, feeling weirded out. She looked like she already knew everything... What had she been through, exactly? He gave the corpse on the floor one more look before running after her.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2019, 10:49:04 pm »

Erika

Erika was correct that many containers were easy to open and this wouldn't have been an exception. However, the seven padlocks, one already cut open, holding it shut gave her an explanation for the saw. If she wanted to get inside, she would have to cut all of the rest open, and that would take a while.

The SOS repeated again, pushing her to take swift action.

Mike, Giena, and Arkady

Remi and Arkady joined the others inside the front entrance. The camera room was already cramped with two, so the door was propped open to allow communication between everyone without losing sight of the cameras.

Remi was disappointed to see that not everyone has arrived yet, but time was short so she agreed to go ahead and explain now and catch the others up later.

"Agent Mimi Welter of the ICAO, you haven't heard of us." She started her explanation with an introduction, "We specialize in the catalogue and containment of creatures known as Incubators, people granted the power to wield disease as a weapon. A few months ago, your organization captured an Incubator. I was sent here as an undercover operative with the goal of retrieving them before word spread to far or someone got hurt. However, shortly after, these strange warehouse attacks began. Our theory is that the Incubator escaped, and has been exacting revenge on their former captors."

Remi, or rather Mimi, paused to let all of this information sink in. She refused to take questions yet, and once everyone had calmed down, resumed her explanation. "I had intended to handle the matter on my own and avoid involving the rest of you. However, after encountering the Incubator behind these attacks and identifying him, I've realized that I can't handle him alone. Calling for backup is out of the picutr because of the cell outage, so I need your help. Whether you agree to help or not, I have information on the being that threatens your life."

Mimi held out her phone to be passed around. A file was open on the screen, containing some notes regarding the Incubator that Mimi believed them to be facing. Giena, Dodger, and Arkady would all recognize the abilities that had been used to kill Markus. Mike, on the other hand, would notice an uncomfortable detail that would cause him to question himself.
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 28, 2019, 11:07:17 pm »

Mike
He stared at the name onscreen for what seemed like an eternity. His grip tightened on his MP7, knuckles bone white, cold sweat setting in. In fact, cold was perhaps the best way to describe Michael's entire being in that moment. Just before the first inklings of rage set it's claws into him.

"...is this...." he began "This is the thing.... that's been killing the other guards then. The thing that just killed Markus...?"

He didn't care about whatever answer she gave. He already knew in his gut that it was true. Once again, his lack of resolve had cost his comrades dearly. This time, however there was no burning sun overhead, or Eirika screaming his name, nor were there miles upon miles of endless dune. Just buzzing fluorescents, a vast sea of wood, steel, and cardboard, and the deafening silence that the knowledge that accompanied the knowledge of his repeated sins.
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

IntSys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 29, 2019, 03:23:58 am »

Arkady

With that, Arkady was finally ready to suspend all disbelief. He read the file closely, and everything seemed to add up. It would explain why Remi- no, Mimi was able to hide away in time, since he was calling for her while he was still climbing the ladder.

At this point, it would be quite reasonable to just suggest the group to pick up Erika and escape from the premises together, and this "I37" wouldn't be able to kill anymore people like this. However, Mike's gaze alone spoke more than words ever could. I37 might be out for revenge, but perhaps, so were his opponents.

Considering the situation - Erika and Hands being the last ones left isolated from the group, there was an invaluable opportunity. Regardless whether the group wanted escape or revenge first, they had just become the unwilling baits.

And... weren't Erika and Hands sharing the same radio? Judging from the screens in the room, if she's in the warehouse right now, then that meant Hands wasn't with her, and that he never heard the regroup call! Curses, there being only four radios really ended up being a problem!

"... Erika and Hands are still out there. Re- Mimi, you're here to take the Incubator out, yes? One of them is likely going to be attacked next. The warehouse is impossible to navigate without Dodger's help, so I reckon that he'll go for Hands first," he looked straight into the eyes of the ICAO agent. "This is our chance to get ahead of him."
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 06:58:12 am by IntSys »

Cheesy Honkers

• Bay Watcher
  • eat the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 29, 2019, 05:03:05 am »

Giennadii

"This is ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous."

Giena glanced at Mike and considered talking with him, but thought against it.  The situation was growing more and more complicated. That little shit killed that other shit? And he is the grudge holding type? And he is some kind of X-Man?

"If this Stephen dude is so dangerous up close we should leave the warehouse. After we get Erika and Hands, of course."

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 29, 2019, 09:27:17 am »

Mike, Giena, and Arkady

"Hands has been alone this entire time?" Mimi pursed her lips, displeased with this news, "He's already dead. There no chance that I37 let someone vulnerable live for this long."

The fact that they needed a navigator was a problem, it meant they either had to leave at least one person behind, and leaving one meant leaving two, unless they wanted their navigator to die while they were out in the maze.

Mimi avoided pointing out the speculative nature of the report. It was entirely possible that I37 was more powerful than anticipated and could take on groups if he wanted. He seemed to have a sadistic streak, so perhaps he just made his kills one on one for the fun of it.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 11:26:40 am by Takosher »
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

IntSys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 29, 2019, 10:04:08 am »

Arkady

Another weight fell on Arkady's heart. Hell, he even began to feel numb from the pain of loss. "A-A-A..." Overwhelmed again with emotion, he stuttered as he held his head. Deep breaths, deep breaths. Losing it just wasn't an option. Yet, more tears escaped from his eyes. He was never a strong person, nor one with great ambitions or dreams. But he was a person being relied upon, and for that reason he needed to keep being reliable.

"It's... It's not too late. W-With Erika being the final option, he has to go into the maze, where we'd have the advantage. We'll be able to locate him sooner or later using the screens here, even with him trying to be stealthy. Then... We just have to intercept him before he reaches Erika. We can't waste anymore time." Those were serious words, coming from behind the tears of a weak man.

Cheesy Honkers

• Bay Watcher
  • eat the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 29, 2019, 12:06:08 pm »

Giennadii

"I'll stay. If you want to enter, knock twice. You go find Erika and Hands, shoot that little shit dead if you can."

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 30, 2019, 12:29:49 pm »

Erika

"Shit" Erika muttered under her breath, "Okay, Harold, keep sawing the locks, I'll keep an eye around and radio in" she ordered, stepping away from the crate as she pulled out the radio, "This is Erika, I've encounter a complication. There's banging coming from the inside of a crate in Morse code that's requesting help. Taking care of it before following through with Markus' previous orders, over" she informed. She had heard the previous information come in, considering what killed Markus, and while she couldn't believe it whatsoever, she had no choice but to take it to heart.

She might not be able to see whatever is coming for her, but she could try to hear it.
OOC
IC

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 03, 2019, 09:25:02 am »

Erika

Harold was pretty quick about getting through the padlocks, but it still took far too long to saw through them. After five minutes, Harold had managed to get through a second lock. At that pace, it would be half an hour before they got through all of them. With all these crates and shelves around, surely there had to be a more efficient tool for cutting the locks somewhere.
Defile Circles Discord

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 03, 2019, 09:57:20 am »

Erika

... Yeah, this was taking too long. Partway through Harold's progress of sawing through the padlock, Erika began searching the crates surrounding them to find a more useful for the job. Still, she at least kept her magnum out as she searched. She still needed to keep an eye out for any threats, after all.
OOC
IC

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 03, 2019, 01:20:43 pm »

Erika

After another five or so minutes of searching, Erika managed to find some bolt cutters several aisles over. Any further, and she might not have been able to get back without radioing for help. Regardless, she had what she needed, and returned to Harold and the container, where she quickly cut through the remaining locks and opened the door.

Before she had a chance to defend herself, something inside lunged at her. Its arms stretched towards her alongside an unearthly wail. It grabbed her torso and its head planted itself firmly in her bosom.

"Thank you!" the young man wailed. Tears poured ceaselessly from his eyes and his words came between sobs, "I thought I was going to die in there! It was so dark and lonely and dark and cold and it was bumpy and the bed isn't even soft!"

What the kid seemed to be describing was the room inside the container. Lit only by a dim glowstick, in the darkness Erika could see a bed with a crappy mattress, a small table, and a single chair, all bolted to the floor. It wasn't exactly what one would call livable, one had to wonder how long the higher ups were planning to store this boy in the warehouse.

Eventually, Erika was able to detach from the boy and get him to calm down, which also allowed her to get a good look at him. He looked to be about twenty and seemed utterly average in every way, save for his singular standout feature: his hair, dyed blue. He had pale skin, brown eyes, average height, and unremarkable features. His outfit was as mundane as his appearance, a red t-shirt and blue jeans with black tennis shoes.
Defile Circles Discord

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 03, 2019, 02:56:59 pm »

Erika

"Harold, these might be better to use" Erika called out as she reapproached the box, holding out the bolt cutters and holstering her pistol. She'd have handed the cutters to Harold, but at this point, she was certain she could get the rest of the locks cut open in a reasonably short amount of time. Which she did rather easily, tossing aside the bolt cutters and opening the crate's door with both of her hands. The doors were heavy, but thankfully Erika's constant workout had given her more than enough strength to open some crate doors.

It did not, however, give her the reflexes to react properly to a body lunging itself out of the crate and right into her.

Instantly, Erika's first reaction was to pull out her magnum, getting her hand on its grip before actually realizing what was holding onto her. A young man crying into her, terrified and thankful to be alive. That was enough to ease her initial worry, and activate her natural protective instincts, "Shh... Shh... It's okay, it's okay... Your safe now" Erika comforted despite her initial shock, patting the boys head before prying him off her so she could look him in the eyes, "Do you have any idea why you were in that crate? What happened to you?"
OOC
IC
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12