Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Domination and Disarray: The Mad Libs Deathmatch  (Read 3798 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Domination and Disarray: The Mad Libs Deathmatch
« on: July 17, 2019, 05:35:24 pm »

"I am become Death, destroyer of worlds."

Mad Libs X is a name that's turned up time and again, over and over, on this forum. It was once Supernerd's Zenith Concert, then it was my Chaos Chronicles (twice), and now, it has shed it's RPG moniker for a new name: Domination and Disarray, a mad libs deathmatch.

The rules are simple: like Wiki-Warfare, everyone will get a randomly generated sheet they can not re-roll, with power balances coming from careful play, roleplaying, and usage of whatever weapons, items, powers, stat bonuses, and allies you acquire from them. Unlike Wiki-Warfare, however, you do not get five random articles. Instead, you have a very in-depth series of categories, ranging from your character's name, to their race, to their age, to their sexuality, to their powers, weapons, allies, etc.

However, what is in each category is not up to me, it's up to you. For each Fragment, you can submit many of each. You, Forum Goer X, may have Forum Goer Y's submitted Species, but Forum Goer Z's submitted Theme Music, and so forth. I'll list the Fragments at the end, they are the same as in Chaos Chronicles, but I can change or remove some if it complicates the game or becomes unnecessary. Here are the rules:

Spoiler: Fragment Rules (click to show/hide)

and for general rules:
Spoiler: Rules (click to show/hide)

And now, for fragments:
Spoiler: Name (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Race (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Age (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gender (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Orientation (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Positive Trait (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Negative Trait (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ultimate Ability (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Class (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Weapon Specialty (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: History: Origin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: History: Current (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Objective (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Appearance: Physical (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Appearance: Additional (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Appearance: Outfit (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Personality (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Theme Song (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Relationships (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Other (click to show/hide)

And with that, if you're interested, go right ahead and introduce yourself.

Players: 5/5 (may be expanded to 10 later)
Failbird105, Hotfire90, Piratejoe, King Zultan, NRDL

Waitlist:
TheRedWolf
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 04:05:34 pm by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Domination and Disarray: The Mad Libs Deathmatch
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2019, 06:14:11 pm »

I'm In. Question, do submissions from the previous games carry over? If not, I'm going to have to retrieve mine so I can submit them a second time.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2019, 07:20:37 pm »

I'm In. Question, do submissions from the previous games carry over? If not, I'm going to have to retrieve mine so I can submit them a second time.

They do carry over! All previous Chaos Chronicles prompts are usable, and you are quite free to send in more.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Hotfire90

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2019, 07:45:26 pm »

And In.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2019, 07:51:03 pm »

In and will pm you more fragments later
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2019, 08:20:37 pm »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2019, 05:34:23 am »

I also want to be a part of this IN. I'll be submitting some fragments soon.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2019, 05:59:52 am »

In please. Do we just PM fragments to you Greatness?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pagan Desert Bitch (she/they)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2019, 10:35:16 am »

inski

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2019, 04:04:51 pm »

I also want to be a part of this IN. I'll be submitting some fragments soon.

Welcome!

In please. Do we just PM fragments to you Greatness?

Hi! And yes, you do.

inski

Welcome to the waitlist!

Alright, I'll give a grace period of a couple days to send in fragments, then I'll start rolling up locations and sheets to do our first match!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2019, 06:55:28 pm »

Ptw

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2019, 07:54:56 am »

I sent my fragments, I hope they aren't to shit.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2019, 04:08:09 pm »

The First
Merdeka Palace, Indonesia
Clear Nighttime

Usually, a quintet of seemingly random people showing up at the front lawn of the presidential palace in Indonesia would be treated as just silly trespassers or odd ne'er-do-wells. But as guards approached them, something seemed...off. They weren't normal at all. A blue man with some pistol in his hands, a disgraced cybernetic politician, an emotionless catgirl, a hate-filled dwarf, and an elf connected to multiple ancient orders. Quickly, they all wake, and though their own motivation is still attainable, there is one objective ringing through their collective unconscious:

Take Out the Other Four By Any Means Necessary.

Spoiler: Failbird105 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: HotFire90 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: piratejoe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: King Zultan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 06:41:07 pm by Greatness942 »

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2019, 06:33:04 pm »

((I'd assume no rerolls? Also, I'm unsure whether I want to play it straight and be physically female, or go the humorous route and have a handsome male body that turns into a small Gothic-Lolita vampire girlbagel with exceptionally long and comfortable socks(hey, I didn't choose or submit that personality, it ain't my fault) after transforming. Ideally I'd have it switch between overly-reacting in normal form and cool/calm in magical girl form, but it does specify randomly))

((ALSO also, can we still send in more fragments for potential later rounds?))

Edit:((oh and Elf traits really doesn't seem like a positive trait as it's currently written, considering that literally all it does which isn't aesthetic based is make me worse at stealth, which is negative))
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 06:49:22 pm by Failbird105 »

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2019, 06:40:22 pm »

((I'd assume no rerolls? Also, I'm unsure whether I want to play it straight and be physically female, or go the humorous route and have a handsome male body that turns into a small Gothic-Lolita vampire girl with exceptionally long and comfortable socks(hey, I didn't choose or submit that personality, it ain't my fault) after transforming. Ideally I'd have it switch between overly-reacting in normal form and cool/calm in magical girl form, but it does specify randomly))

((ALSO also, can we still send in more fragments for potential later rounds?))

Edit:((oh and Elf traits really doesn't seem like a positive trait as it's currently written, considering that literally all it does which isn't aesthetic based is make me worse at stealth, which is negative))

No rerolls. Go with what you've been given. Not because rerolls are bad, but since I'm still experimenting, I wanna see if base randomization can provide interesting matchups.

And yes, you can send more!

And...you're right. I'll include a positive result, and actually take out the stealth debuff as there technically are more non-humans than I expected.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4