Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Splint's Utility Mod - Bulk materials and more - v11.1: Cold-time Carving Hotfix  (Read 20661 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Splint's Utility Mod - Bulk materials and more - v6: Wonders of Woodworking
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2019, 10:18:13 pm »

Okay! So! A combo platter of bugfix for the dye reactions (I had thougth I fixed it, but had done so on the wrong folder.) A quick copy-paste will reveal all for v7: A Camping we Will go. Download's been updated accordingly, my apologies to anyone who downloaded and ended up with broken dyes from the shield painter.

V7 A Camping we will go

This next addition is based in more primitive things, with an eye on thematic uses for leather and cloth, as well as bringing some new stuff. There's also a new optional replacement file for reaction_other, which makes making bricks from clay at the kiln more productive/efficient.

The new dye/shield paint reactions will be under the v6 additions for organization's sake.

- Wood greaves and helmets, also made in sets of 3, are able to be made by woodrafters, to supplement the body armor added in v6. [WOODCRAFTER, CRAFTSMAN WORKSHOP]
- New Ash Grey dye, both for general use, and use in shield painting. Made at the shield painter's stand from two bars of ash and a container of oil. [DYER, SHIELD PAINTER'S WORKSHOP]
- Leather can now be used to make beds and blocks for constructing thematic forts. 1 leather equals 1 bed, or 10 blocks.[CLOTHIER, CLOTHIER WORKSHOP]
- Cloth can now be used to make beds and blocks for constructing thematic forts. 1 bolt of cloth equals 1 bed, or 10 blocks.[CLOTHIER, CLOTHIER WORKSHOP]
- Mechanics can now use wood to make mechanisms, either at the craftsman workshop, or in large volumes at the sawmill (as he can more efficently and evenly split the logs.) That being said, these are -inferior to stone or metal mechanisms as they are highly suspetible to heat and fire. [MECHANICS, CRAFTSMAN AND SAWMILL.]

New Building: Campfire. It's primary purpose is decoration, but can also be used to destroy vermine remains

New building: The brick dryer, for fuel-free production of earthenware and stoneware bricks! Built from two blocks and a grate by someone with the pump operating skill enabled.

NOTE: Unlike the vanilla process, which trains the potter skill and uses fuel or magma, this trains the pump operator skill - this is because it doesn't demand careful temperature controls in a specialized furnace. When using the optional vanilla replacer file, using the brick dryer is also very inefficent, producing only one block versus the modified file's 4. But, even without the change to efficency, the brick dryer is ultimately an unskilled labor activity in gameplay terms and so the skills won't transfer.

OPTIONAL FILE: reaction_other file replacer
Makes production of ceramic blocks more efficent, producing 4 blocks instead of 1. Intended to be paired with the brick dryer, but may be used on its own.

OPTIONAL FILE: Decorative structures
These structures serve no purpose other than to provide decorations, though the campfire may be used to destroy vermin (leaving nothing behind, unlike the incinerator which leaves you some usable ash.) These consist of the following, all found under furnaces.

Campfire: 3 logs. Simple as that.
Banners: Large, 3x5 buildings, depicting a banner with a dwarf in the center, with blue, red, green, and black coloration. Requires 7 logs, just so it costs you something. :P
Totem: Totems, placeable directly.
Brazier: Uses a block to construct.
Torch: A light source on a pole. 3 logs will do the job. Also comes in left and right aligned variants.

Hugo was the main boi on bugfix patrol this time around. But everything should, in theory, be working correctly now.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Splint's Utility Mod - Bulk materials and more - v7.1: Minor bugfix
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2019, 11:19:31 am »

Made a minor bugfix release. Somehow between three separate people nobody caught a bug with the reaction intended to decorate metal armor with leather. It was calling for a weapon instead, and I only caught this while trying to add a decoration to a suit of armor.

Now sure how that happened, but it's fixed now.

EDIT: Also caught a minor one with steel anvils. I'm an idiot. You may point and laugh now.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Splint's Utility Mod - Bulk materials and more - v8: Completely Flux-ed
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2020, 04:12:15 am »

An update at last! Splint, sticking with a mod? Inconceivable!

Copy and pasted from the included README - NEW file.

Welcome to Splint's Utility Mod Version 8: Completely Flux-ed!

All previous README details will be preserved on the thread, but will otherwise be absent from this point forward. Each Version will receive its own Readme detailing anything new.

Suggestions and bug reports are welcomed and encouraged, just bear in mind the limits of modding.

OPTIONAL INCLUSION: HACK SCRIPTS
Fix-sentient-butcher and monotheism. Currently only work for v44. Use Monotheism with caution.

OPTIONAL INCLUSION: ARCTIC ADDITIONS, BY MALEUS
Makes colder biomes more viable, with increased diversity of flora and fauna.

OPTIONAL INCLUSION: MOD SUPPORT PATCHES
ZM5's Warcraft Mod for bulk metals and shield painting.
MottledPetrel's Fungus Expansion Mod for shield painting.

New this Mod Release

- More ceramic furnishings
-- Armor Stand
-- Weapon Rack
-- Slab
-- Coffin
-- Bins
-- Hatch Covers
-- Floodgates
-- Coffers
-- Cabinets
-- Doors

- Fixed gem craft reaction.
-- Now just outputs a full set of single crafts.

- Mass spear production.
-- Sets of 6, with 3 bars and a log at a smelter from iron, copper, bronzes, silver, and steel.  Might be a life-saver when your metal supplies are scarce.

- Homemade Flux for Steel production.
-- This flux is worthless, but can be produced in any embark with access to galena and bees or ample tallow sitting around cluttering up the place. Your smelters won't know the difference!

- Many reactions shifted around, too many to readily list.

- Vastly Increased Modularity.
-- Now you can fully pick and choose what parts of the mod you want, and what parts you don't, with no annoying digging through a few crammed-full and disorganized files! Installation may be more tedious though if wanting to use everything.

Everything should work in theory just fine since everything added is based in existing reactions or was unaltered, though from the entity tags there may be some stuff missed or forgotten, or an output here or there not set up right.

Meridian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2020, 02:09:02 am »

though from the entity tags there may be some stuff missed or forgotten, or an output here or there not set up right.

Finally getting around to fiddling with stuff to add it to my RAWS, and the only issue I'm seeing is that BULKSMELTER is missing from the bulk smeltery entity token bits. Easy fix tho

I haven't done any thorough checks, but I did notice this.
The sawmill, stonecutter, joiner, and trashburner all seem good to my memory, or at the least I added them to my civ's permits.

Thank you so much for this update!!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2020, 03:57:20 am »

though from the entity tags there may be some stuff missed or forgotten, or an output here or there not set up right.

Finally getting around to fiddling with stuff to add it to my RAWS, and the only issue I'm seeing is that BULKSMELTER is missing from the bulk smeltery entity token bits. Easy fix tho

I haven't done any thorough checks, but I did notice this.
The sawmill, stonecutter, joiner, and trashburner all seem good to my memory, or at the least I added them to my civ's permits.

Thank you so much for this update!!

Thank you for the show of support, it means a lot. I should metnion if you haven't read elsewhere the trashburner is a bit on the wonky side, so it might not always operate to desired specifications.

I'd noticed the bulk smelter entity tags bit was empty a while ago, and I think there was some other minor thing I needed to do as well but I'd forgotten about, so if something behaves oddly do let me know.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2020, 04:51:10 am »

I recently installed this mod for a new world, and now DF crashes upon loading the raws, giving no error message. I also installed some not-very-tested versions of my personal mods, so it could be those, I just want to make sure there hasn't been documented crashes with this, or some known installing mistake I could have done.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2020, 04:55:13 am »

I recently installed this mod for a new world, and now DF crashes upon loading the raws, giving no error message. I also installed some not-very-tested versions of my personal mods, so it could be those, I just want to make sure there hasn't been documented crashes with this, or some known installing mistake I could have done.

If your mods involve any [NO_EAT]/[NO_DRINK] civs that have the fish cleaner job available, try removing that from their entities, I've found that works (or removing the two tags from the creatures) I've installed the mod on a very heavily modded install and by itself and no issues arose.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2020, 06:18:29 am »

If your mods involve any [NO_EAT]/[NO_DRINK] civs that have the fish cleaner job available, try removing that from their entities, I've found that works (or removing the two tags from the creatures) I've installed the mod on a very heavily modded install and by itself and no issues arose.

Hmm, strange, I have creatures/vermin with [NO_EAT], but they don't have any associated civs... I'll look into it, so I can get to try out this mod! Thanks!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2020, 04:16:40 am »

Hope it worked out. So, of the handful of people who have bothered to comment, what does everyone think of me taking a crack at making some recycling reactions for clothing? Basically item in, unit of cloth/leather/silk out, at least hypothetically.

I can also add in a small optional file that resizes great weapons to allow smaller dudes to wield them, so you can finally let your dwarves use two-handed swords like the angry Scottish hillbillies they always deserved to be.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2020, 12:33:57 pm »

Nothing wrong found with your mod; apparently (accidentally) putting gaits at creature caste level (or just at the end of the creature?) crashes the game upon loading.

Clothing recycling makes sense.

CohentheBarbarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2020, 05:09:11 pm »

Can confirm, very useful mod.  Clothes recycling does sound usefull

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2020, 05:19:59 am »

Sawmills only accepting iron saws/chains/bars instead of any material is strange, is it intentional to keep the player from getting one too early? Or just an oversight?

It’d also be nice if you could specify materials for the bulk crafting(e.g. bedroom sets), if the proper tokens for that exist.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2020, 05:48:55 am »

Sawmills only accepting iron saws/chains/bars instead of any material is strange, is it intentional to keep the player from getting one too early? Or just an oversight?

It’d also be nice if you could specify materials for the bulk crafting(e.g. bedroom sets), if the proper tokens for that exist.

I went with iron on the grounds that I felt that, gameplay aside, realistically bronze and copper would be ill-suited to the wok of cleaving dozens and dozens of logs constantly (relatively speaking both are more prone to warping and breakage than iron is to my knowledge,) but I didn't want to restrict it to steel because that'd hurt civs that don't have regular access to it, like moderately modded humans. No sane logger is gonna want pewter chains in their sawmill after all.

I know it's dumb, but it's easy enough to compensate by raising the embark points enough to cover the materials (either the parts themselves, or the raw materials and fuel to make them on arrival,) and I honestly assume people who use it are already going for the slow burn style of game that is above ground living anyway.

As to the bulk stuff, I have no idea what governs that unfortunately. Some reactions let you pick what stuff is used, some don't, so you have to rely on stockpile links and settings to keep them from taking stuff you don't want them to. Learned that the hard way when my stonecautter kept grabbing coal and clay to make blocks because they were closer instead of the shale I wanted cut one time. I sincerely have no idea why.  :(

Some I was able to compensate for by simply making all the reagents separate in the reactions, and having the products point to each individually (it's most noticeable with the gem stuff, where it takes whatever gems are available, and makes one component of the bedroom set out of each, so say you have four milk opals and a red pyrope, four parts will be made of opals while the fifth one is made of the pyrope.)

In other news, the clothing recycling bench is coming along well. It'll be rather cluttered, but it covers all three basic clothing materials, and the leather ones will also accept armor parts (boots, leggings, armor, helmets.)  Because of the inevitable issues that'll come with it, you'll definitely need to use stockpile links set to only accept certain quality levels/unusable stuff, to keep the clothier or leatherworker from touching your high quality goods and turning them back into cloth or leather.

As a bonus, any modded materials flagged as yarn, leather, or cloth will also be valid, though I'll either need to make mod patches, or make an alternate that absolutely stresses the use of stockpiles so wooden stuff doesn't get used by the reactions, as right now the reactions are individualized and call for vanilla items only.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2020, 01:28:07 pm »

New update! Version 9: Sustainable Looting

Ever been sick of the inevitable mountains of clothing and armor that you can't recycle and keep running out of room to store, especially from races bigger or smaller than your own dudes? Well this release is the answer to your non-metallic equipment recycling woes. Loot the socks of your fallen foes in peace, knowing you can turn the damned things into materials to make higher quality goods from, or ash in the case of wooden crap.

New this Mod Release

- Clothing Recycling Bench
-- Built from two tables, chests, a throne, and a short sword by an architect
-- Recycles armor and clothing made of leather, silk, cloth, or yarn, at 1:1 ratios.

- New wood furnace reactions
-- These reactions burn wooden armor and weapons to ash, which can then be used for other things (instead of cluttering your fortress  or taking up space on caravan wagons for eternity)

- Fixed the missing bulk smelter entity tag being missing from the tag file for its section.

Due to their generalized nature, this means out-of-the-box mod compatibility.  The reason foot and handwear is 1:1 instead of 2:1 in conversion is combat frequently destroys one half of a given pair of said items. A bit cheesey, but better than ending up with odd-man-out articles you don't want laying around.

IMPORTANT: THESE REACTIONS WILL DEPEND ON STOCKPILE LINKS AND SETTINGS TO WORK CORRECTLY IN MOST CASES, LEST YOU END UP RECYCLING HIGH QUALITY ITEMS OR END UP WITH WOOD CLOTH BY MISTAKE.

In theory, everything works, but if something doesn't then send a bug report to me.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Got another version out kiddies, now that I can get back on DFFD (however short a period that is.)

New this Mod Release

Boneworking Expansion
- Clubs, Spears, and Swords can now be made from some bones and wood. While far from the best option, they're perfectly serviceable against poorly armored enemies (such as elves or bandits,) and wildlife, or if you want to go with a tribal aesthetic.
- Full range of furniture, using a few bones and a log.
- Blocks can be made from the different earthenware clay sources. To avoid vanilla file tampering, it has one for each type of clay, and produces 8 bone blocks at a time.
- If using the Homemade Flux addon, bones and clay can also be ground up at a quern or millstone to make homemade flux to feed your steel industry. If you don't, all that'll happen is it'll throw a few errors in your errorlog.

Slag Iron
- Allows for mass production of cheap bronze-grade equipment, producing 8 slag iron from one ore. Intended for those embarks with garbage metals or none at all, to allow you to fully arm and armor a single man per boulder if you use mail armor instead of breastplates and greaves (and that includes a shield and weapon.)

Plate Glass Station
- Mass produces windows from two bags of sand (or two rock crystals,) and fuel. If you don't have need of large numbers of windows, you'll be better off sticking with the regular glass furnace. Found in the Glassworking section if not using the All-in-one.

Moar Beds
- I saw someone on the DF Subbreddit get a request for a bronze bed by a noble, and I decided to provide the full array  of metal-frame beds. They can all be made using metal bars of the relavent type and some cloth at the standard forge. They can be found with the rest in the furniture section if not using the all-in-one.

ZM5 All-in-One Entities
- Preset All-in-one entity files for ZM5's various mods. They can be found udner the "ZM5 Entities" folder, with each file under  a folder giving you the name of the mod its for.

Changes and Bugfixes
- A couple readmes have had typos fixed.
- Wooden mechanism reaction in the craftsman has been moved to the carpenter and had the output changed to three, instead of two - enough to set up an early drawbridge, and it can now be found in the woodcrafts section rather than campground. The Sawmill is still more efficent though.
- Fixed a header error on the stonecutter. Should work now if it wasn't before.
- Fixed the leather and cloth block reactions. Should work now if they weren't before.

Special Thanks to ZM5 and Hugo_The_Dwarf for help in testing and fixing shit.

Everything should work in theory just fine since everything added is based in existing reactions or was unaltered, though from the entity tags there may be some stuff missed or forgotten, or an output here or there not set up right.

ALL-IN-ONE

If you just want to use everything, I've now added in an all-in-one entity tags file, and a folder with everything in it in one big mess (like it used to be.) Patches for Fungus Expansion and ZM5's stuff must still be added manually.  For civs not part of ZM5's packs, and for MottledPetrel's Fungus Expansion, the patches must still be manually added.

Pages: 1 [2] 3