Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Splint's Utility Mod - Bulk materials and more - v11.1: Cold-time Carving Hotfix  (Read 20662 times)

GOTOTOTOE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

do you have to use a new save?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

do you have to use a new save?

For any of the new or moved around shit, yes, unfortunately.

It's a quirk of how DF creates worlds - without some third party stuff, you can't add new stuff, only edit what's there in the world already.

egravy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Splint's Utility Mod - Bulk materials and more - v10: Bones Windows and Beds
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2020, 09:33:30 am »

First, this mod is awesome! Thank you!

Little issue though. I installed from the "All in one" files, V10 by copying all the files in there into my raw/objects folder, then copied all the "PERMITTED" tags into my entity_default.txt under MOUNTAIN. Everything is working so far except for the Stone Cutter. There are no recipes on the stone cutters workshop. Did I maybe miss copying something?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Splint's Utility Mod - Bulk materials and more - v10: Bones Windows and Beds
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2020, 12:11:29 pm »

First, this mod is awesome! Thank you!

Little issue though. I installed from the "All in one" files, V10 by copying all the files in there into my raw/objects folder, then copied all the "PERMITTED" tags into my entity_default.txt under MOUNTAIN. Everything is working so far except for the Stone Cutter. There are no recipes on the stone cutters workshop. Did I maybe miss copying something?

First, thank you for the kind words.

Second HRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH. That's a problem on my end. I could have sworn I fixed it but thank you for the heads up. Before there was a broken header but I might have missed something else, in the meantime while I double check things I hope the rest of the mod provides something useful to you.

EDIT: God fucking damn it, I included the broken version of the stonecutter file. quick fix for you is in the "reaction_stonecutter_spl" file, flip [REACTION:OBJECT] around so it says [OBJECT:REACTION]

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2020, 01:02:23 pm »

Alright, uploaded a hotfix for the all-in-one folder. I can't believe I fucked that up. Thanks for the spot check egravy.

egravy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2020, 10:27:14 pm »

Splint, no thank you! You made this mod for us all to use, and its much appreciated! I am updating my save now, hopefully this doesnt require a new world, only 2 years on this brand new region.

Again, thank you!!!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 10:30:42 pm by egravy »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2020, 06:28:31 am »

Splint, no thank you! You made this mod for us all to use, and its much appreciated! I am updating my save now, hopefully this doesnt require a new world, only 2 years on this brand new region.

Again, thank you!!!

You welcome. And theoretically it should work fine, but if not my apologies. I don't know how the hell I managed to put the broken file in the all-in-one folder.

Hope you get some good use out of it.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Splint's Utility Mod - Bulk materials and more - v11: Cold-time Carvings
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2020, 12:33:37 am »

Hey hey people, Splint here.

Got another update for you people, this one being much smaller.

New this Mod Release
The Ice Carver and a mod patch nobody asked for.

This is a little addition intended to provide more options for those settling in Glacial, Taiga, or Tundra environments. You can use ice boulders taken from any source for something actually worthwhile, and adds two new buildings.

The Water Pump - Requires 6 blocks of any kind, a pipe section, and two mechanisms. The pump exists to provide ice boulders in batches of 3, and for best roleplay results, use it on a map with an aquifer or place it near a body of water. Oh and a cold biome to actually make the boulders would probably help, but if you wanna make puddles on the floor of the workshop, then you do you.

The Ice Carver - Needs a battle axe, a couple tables, and a chest (to keep the axe and other tools in of course.) Your engravers have the unenviable task of cutting hunks of frozen water into beds and the like.

Most of the reactions were originally made by Meph and marked accordingly. Those made or modified by me are marked in kind. As an addition, you can if you so choose use the pump to also fill buckets and barrels with drinking water, though if you'd rather just use the Still versions you can find them in the Misc. Reactions folder.

Architects handle making both workshops, and all of it is found in the Ice Carver's folder, or alternatively, if you just wanna keep your options open, in the all-in-one tags and folder.

As the reactions are either copied from Meph's work with permission, or based on my own work that I know for a fact functions, it all should be working properly. That being said, I will freely admit to not properly playtesting this update so if I fucked something up, then please do let me know and I'll push out a hotfix soon as possible.

There's also a patch for my  unofficial update of Civilization Forge, which is probably hideously broken and and almost certainly unfunctional, but if other people could give it a whirl and help me make it not suck, I'd be very appreciative of you.

DarthRubik

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Rubik's Cubes for their colorful pieces
    • View Profile
Re: Splint's Utility Mod - Bulk materials and more - v11: Cold-time Carving
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2020, 01:06:57 pm »

I was using the "Customized equipment" part of this mod in my latest fortress because I was always disappointed that weapons/armor could not be decorated with gems......

I really like the mod so far.....but I have a bug report:

Bug report for the "Customized Equipment" utility:

The reaction for the gem inlay for "armor" actually only accepts helms......I think this a bug because there is already a helm reaction in there.....

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2020, 01:18:22 pm »

I was using the "Customized equipment" part of this mod in my latest fortress because I was always disappointed that weapons/armor could not be decorated with gems......

I really like the mod so far.....but I have a bug report:

Bug report for the "Customized Equipment" utility:

The reaction for the gem inlay for "armor" actually only accepts helms......I think this a bug because there is already a helm reaction in there.....

Huh, I coulda sworn I fixed that, might've been thinking of something else though. Alright, thank you very much for the bug report.

I'll also see about adding in some gem reactions. Couldn't hurt, right?
Dunno why I didn't think of that, but it was probably on the logic that gems aren't actually used that often in decorating weaponry anyways.

EDIT: I misread the comment. Anyways.

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:ADD_INLAY_GEM3]
[NAME:decorate metal armor with a gem inlay]
[BUILDING:CRAFTSMAN:NONE]
[REAGENT:A:1:ARMOR:NONE:NONE:NONE][METAL_ITEM_MATERIAL]
        [PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[REAGENT:B:1:SMALLGEM:NO_SUBTYPE:NONE:NONE]
[IMPROVEMENT:100:A:COVERED:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:B:NONE]
[SKILL:ENCRUSTGEM]

Take the above and replace the indicated reaction in your save and install. I don't really have enough to hand for a release or anything, but I'll upload a hotfix all the same.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2020, 06:50:50 pm »

Making a new post as a heads up. Thanks to DarthRubik, a bug that's somehow slipped under the radar for months is now squashed, and v11.1 is up. Just contains a simple hotfix.

Pages: 1 2 [3]