Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Abyssmo's Monster Hunter Mod [0.8] - Rise of the Black Dragon Update  (Read 14585 times)

Abyssmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Goblin
    • View Profile

The next ground your feet will touch will be that of the New World. Sail safe and strong... and may the Sapphire Star light your way
Hello and welcome all!
I'm very pleased to not only be a part of the Dwarf Fortress community, but also to release my first ever mod here.
Introducing my Monster Hunter mod. This mod aims to add every single creature from the Monster Hunter franchise into Dwarf Fortress.
Your Dwarves have entered the new world, a land full of treacherous and savage beasts that are just eager to get their fangs on some bearded meat. In order to survive, one must train and subject themselves to any task thrown their way. You possibly won't even last long by yourself, which is why you might just need a few friends by your side in order to overcome the monstrous creatures which stalk the wilderness. Stay strong and don't ever let your guard down, you never know what may be lurking in the wilds...
At the moment there are about 14 new weapons to use, 4 new civs, 3 new plants, 3 new metals, and finally 158 creatures in this mod, including endemic life, which you can slaughter or possibly have yourself slaughtered by. This includes:

Spoiler: Currently added Civs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Currently added plants (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Currently Metals (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Planned Features (click to show/hide)

But thats not all... or maybe it is, I'm not sure. If theres a certain monster you want added in the following updates I'm always open to requests and/or recommendations. While I am doing ALL the monsters in the series, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to get the ones certain users want out of the way first.

Spoiler: Changelog (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bugs and Issues (click to show/hide)

Monster Hunter Wikia - for more information on the monsters
Now go, Hunter! Welcome to your new home!

[/list][/list][/list]
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 11:28:44 pm by Abyssmo »
All tunnels lead to Skavenblight

My mods

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: Abyssmo's Monster Hunter Mod
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 09:43:24 pm »

My Digger, PTW

Abyssmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Goblin
    • View Profile
Re: Abyssmo's Monster Hunter Mod [0.2]
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2019, 09:10:06 pm »

An update is now available for this mod.

I've added about 22 new creatures to the mod, bringing it to around 42 creatures in total. I got some more monsters to be a nuisance to your dwarves and a few that might actually be of use.
Spoiler: New Creatures (click to show/hide)

Happy Hunting!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 09:11:54 pm by Abyssmo »

My mods

Abyssmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Goblin
    • View Profile
Re: Abyssmo's Monster Hunter Mod [0.3]
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2019, 04:01:46 pm »

Hey everyone! Sorry about not updating the mod for a while, but to make up for it I got a new update for you guys!

I've added about 17 more creatures to the mod for more FUN to be had as your fort is ripped away by the savage beasts of the new world.
Happy Hunting!

My mods

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
Re: Abyssmo's Monster Hunter Mod [0.3]
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2019, 06:53:14 pm »

I can see this having a great boon in adventure mode once tactical mode  comes out in the villains update! Can't wait to see  this prosper. Keep it up. :D

Abyssmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Goblin
    • View Profile
Re: Abyssmo's Monster Hunter Mod [0.4]
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2019, 12:20:29 am »

About time I started a new update, right? I've added 18 more new creatures but thats not all, I have even added all 14 weapons from the series (not including the ones from frontier) and the ability to craft them from bones and such.

And just in time for the Rajang update too! Speaking of a Rajang update...
HAPPY HUNTING

My mods

tpssurvivor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2019, 11:36:20 am »

I was wondering, how are these monsters represented ingame? ASCII or Tileset? (Im on my job now, so there's no way i can download this now to check it out.

I bumped on this ocasionally, and since i intended to start a modded human fortress tonight, with a world parameter set for only 1 human civ on a large island, I figured this would fit perfectly for a MH story! Definitely trying this out tonight

Abyssmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Goblin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2019, 11:47:43 am »

I was wondering, how are these monsters represented ingame? ASCII or Tileset? (Im on my job now, so there's no way i can download this now to check it out.

The monsters are in fact represented via ASCII. I may add a tileset much later into development if I can when I become much more skilled in modding but at the moment it’s just ASCII.

i intended to start a modded human fortress tonight, with a world parameter set for only 1 human civ on a large island, I figured this would fit perfectly for a MH story! Definitely trying this out tonight

Sounds awesome! Can’t wait to hear how that turns out, man. Happy Hunting!

My mods

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2019, 03:50:09 am »

The monsters are in fact represented via ASCII. I may add a tileset much later into development if I can when I become much more skilled in modding but at the moment it’s just ASCII.

Just an idea: Use the in-game menu icons for the monsters as their tiles and similar styles for other stuff. These things

I make huge and comprehensive overhaul mods, consider supporting me on Patreon so I can do this full-time:
https://www.patreon.com/themodsmith
Have questions? Need to report bugs? Post them in the discord:  https://discord.gg/dGzGr5svS2

Abyssmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Goblin
    • View Profile
Re: Abyssmo's Monster Hunter Mod [0.5]
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2019, 07:31:53 pm »

An extra spooky update just in time for HALLOWEEN!

Unfortunately due to this month being pretty busy for me. There aren't many creatures in this update, only a total of 15 this time around, but hopefully the addon I'm about to discuss later will make up for it...

And on top of that, I have a special addon featuring, at the moment, 10 new creatures from events and crossovers held throughout the games.
At the moment this addon features
Spoiler: Event Creatures (click to show/hide)

Again, I  thoroughly apologize for the lack of content in the main mods current update and I hope that this addon will make up for it. As always, hunters, happy hunting and happy...
HALLOWEEN
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 06:39:58 pm by Abyssmo »

My mods

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2019, 04:02:08 pm »

Don't know if your still active, but I got a question about the abbreviations for these workshop reactions:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Can you tell me what they all represent? I got the bow down and the other last three, but I don't know about the rest. I want a few civs from the Mario mod to be able craft particular Monster Hunting bone weapons, but not all of them

Abyssmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Goblin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2019, 04:12:53 pm »

Don't know if your still active, but I got a question about the abbreviations for these workshop reactions:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Can you tell me what they all represent? I got the bow down and the other last three, but I don't know about the rest. I want a few civs from the Mario mod to be able craft particular Monster Hunting bone weapons, but not all of them

Don't worry, I try to be as active as I can be.
As for your question, if you're asking about what all the reactions stand for, it goes like this:

You could also look into the reaction raws to further see more details on what the reactions do, if needed.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 04:15:09 pm by Abyssmo »

My mods

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2019, 05:39:45 pm »

Which animals from this mod are safe to add as [ANIMAL_ALWAYS_PRESENT] to a specific civilization? I want to do so, but I don't want them to rampage in particular settlements in world gen and beyond

Abyssmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Goblin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2019, 08:08:23 pm »

Which animals from this mod are safe to add as [ANIMAL_ALWAYS_PRESENT] to a specific civilization? I want to do so, but I don't want them to rampage in particular settlements in world gen and beyond

Honestly? I would probably say anything within the creature_mh_herbivore file since everything in there already has the [COMMON_DOMESTIC] tag. I've never really taken into account how they'd act in settlements. Then again there have been occasions in world gen/legends where I've seen civilizations tame some slightly bigger stuff like Jaggis, Kulu-Ya-Kus, Pukei-Pukeis, and so on without being too OP. Anything bigger than the creatures in the creature_mh_birdwyvern file is probably a no go if you wanna keep other civs from rampaging the world.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 08:11:23 pm by Abyssmo »

My mods

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2019, 09:34:09 pm »

If I leave Tetsucabra as [PET_EXOTIC], but assign the Shy-Guy civ to be forced to have them with [ANIMAL_ALWAYS_PRESENT] will that negate [PET_EXOTIC] for Shy-Guys only since they'd always have them?
Pages: [1] 2 3