Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Abyssmo's Monster Hunter Mod [0.8] - Rise of the Black Dragon Update  (Read 14566 times)

Abyssmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Goblin
    • View Profile
Re: Abyssmo's Monster Hunter Mod [0.5]
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2019, 09:54:22 pm »

If I leave Tetsucabra as [PET_EXOTIC], but assign the Shy-Guy civ to be forced to have them with [ANIMAL_ALWAYS_PRESENT] will that negate [PET_EXOTIC] for Shy-Guys only since they'd always have them?

I believe so, as I assume the [PET_EXOTIC] tag only makes it to where you can tame them exclusively in DF mode while most civilizations cannot domesticate it in worldgen without certain exceptions, however I don't exactly know what those exceptions include.
Again, thats just me guessing on what I assume would happen. I've never exactly tried something like that before.
All tunnels lead to Skavenblight

My mods

Abyssmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Goblin
    • View Profile
Re: Abyssmo's Monster Hunter Mod [0.6]
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2019, 04:43:57 pm »

Back at it again with another update, adding in about 19 monsters bringing the total creatures to 111
I also added a certain little gem. You can't actually tame stuff with it though, sorry guys.
I was planning to have some plants in this update like butterburs, toadstools, and the herbs which you could make potions out of but unfortunately something went horribly wrong with the file and caused all the code to become a jumbled mess so expect to see a minor update in the future that actually adds some plants.
Anyway, lets get to the monsters themselves...
Spoiler: New Creatures (click to show/hide)

I'm planning to have the another update out this month featuring a certain "new" dragon which I feel will be lots of FUN.
But until then, as always...
HAPPY HUNTING

My mods

Ladygolem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2020, 10:11:50 pm »

Question, since I can't seem to be able to extract the .rar (probably an issue on my end): How do you handle things like subspecies, or groups of related monsters? For instance, Great Jaggi, Jaggia, and Jaggi are all different forms of the same species; do you treat them as different castes of the same creature, or separate creatures? The former would ensure they appear in groups, as in the games.

Abyssmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Goblin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2020, 10:16:38 pm »

Question, since I can't seem to be able to extract the .rar (probably an issue on my end): How do you handle things like subspecies, or groups of related monsters? For instance, Great Jaggi, Jaggia, and Jaggi are all different forms of the same species; do you treat them as different castes of the same creature, or separate creatures? The former would ensure they appear in groups, as in the games.
For the monsters that are usually in groups like Jaggi, Jaggia, Great Jaggis, etc I tend to use different castes while subspecies are used as entirely seperate creatures from their counterparts. I can’t quite remember why I did it that way but I may change it to where they are different castes of the original monsters in the future.

My mods

Ladygolem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2020, 10:41:37 pm »

That makes sense, the only subspecies that make sense as castes really are things like Black Diablos (since it's just a female Diablos in heat) or Scarred/One-Eyed Yian Garuga that are really just the same monster at  a different stage of their life.

Also, after trying a bevy of unarchivers, I don't seem to be able to extract the .rar at all. Is anyone else getting this issue? I'm on Mac.

Abyssmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Goblin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2020, 11:25:36 pm »

Also, after trying a bevy of unarchivers, I don't seem to be able to extract the .rar at all. Is anyone else getting this issue? I'm on Mac.
Hmmm, that is a bit of an odd issue. I’d suggest asking a bit more around the forums. Unfortunately I can’t help you too much since I have a monkey brain when it comes to that sort of stuff but I do hope your problem gets solved.

My mods

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2020, 03:11:46 am »

So uh, would anything bad happen if I combined this with the modular version of Primal:A Prehistoric Wildlife Mod?
Because I am kinda tempted to try to play with both together.

Edit: By the way, which DF version is this for?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 03:14:05 am by Ultimuh »

Abyssmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Goblin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2020, 10:23:44 am »

So uh, would anything bad happen if I combined this with the modular version of Primal:A Prehistoric Wildlife Mod?
Because I am kinda tempted to try to play with both together.

Edit: By the way, which DF version is this for?
As far as I know, it is completely compatible with almost any mod.
As for the version, I’m sure it’ll work with the current one. Since this mod is mostly just creatures there aren’t many changes that need to be made to make it up to date with the latest version.
But even if I’m wrong, don’t worry because a new update is on the way!

My mods

werff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2020, 10:37:51 am »

So, when we Will get the velociprey and so? XD

Abyssmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Goblin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2020, 10:46:42 am »

So, when we Will get the velociprey and so? XD
To be honest, I wasn’t really planning on having them in the next update. But now, just because you asked, you can definitely expect them once I release it in a couple of days

My mods

Abyssmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Goblin
    • View Profile
Re: Abyssmo's Monster Hunter Mod [0.7] - Monster Riders Update
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2020, 06:39:06 pm »

Long time no see, huh? With this current update, 18 new monsters have been added, bringing the total creatures to 129
I'm a bit excited for this one, especially since the Villains update recently released, since now you can have pets and mount! (hint hint)
Also, while it really isn't much, plants are now a thing in the mod. Or at least herbs are for the moment, which you can use to create potions.
Anyways, lets get to the monsters themselves...

Spoiler: New Creatures (click to show/hide)

I've also taken to merging the Event creatures addon with this one as optional content.
Speaking of optional content, I've got two more creatures part of the new optional MH Stories folder that comes with this latest update...

Spoiler: New MH Stories Content (click to show/hide)

This update took some time only because not only was I getting used to the newest features added by the latest DF update, but I've also been working on a overhaul mod unrelated to MH. Don't worry though, because once that mod is up and finished, you all will have another update featuring another certain dragon to look forward to.
But until then, as always, happy hunting and...
RIDE ON!

My mods

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2020, 11:49:21 am »

Had a Rathalos swoop down and kill two of my starting Dwarves shortly after arriving at a place to call home.
Welp, time to abandon fort and find a new location to settle. 10/10

Razoeii

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2020, 09:03:26 am »

cool tested this out and everything seems to work just fine but one question.
All the monsters are made of the normal bones/scales/leather currently right? at least all the monsters i found in adventure mode  were made from normal materials. Any plans to make them out of stronger materials in the future? if so good luck and mental health coding all of them

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2020, 06:19:01 pm »

PTW
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Worgensnack

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2020, 07:26:03 pm »

is it possible to only add some of the monsters? like could I just add the Elder Dragons and it would still work fine?
Pages: 1 [2] 3