Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What would you like to see expanded upon in this mod? (read POLL DETAILS at the bottom of the first post)

Diseases
- 9 (17%)
Poisons
- 12 (22.6%)
Drugs
- 10 (18.9%)
Demonic Blessings & Curses
- 18 (34%)
Other (comment suggestion)
- 4 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: [47.04] Goblin Fortress v2.2  (Read 25593 times)

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] Goblin Fortress v2.0
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2019, 10:07:26 am »

In vanilla sapient creatures (except some) have no pet value, this is exploit. Also in older versions some sapient creatures had value modifiers for materials (not just copy, try rebalance as other creatures rebalanced). Sapient creatures, who cannot equips, must have bashful 0:0:0 for preventing bad thoughts without clothes.

Yeah. I make copies of all of the creatures to make my own modifications. In this mod, the trolls have a pet value so they don't only cost 1. I can also add some unique value modifiers to the creature materials. I think this could be an interesting mechanic for the goblins.

Interesting. Thanks. I will either add EQUIPS (if it makes sense) or add bashful 0:0:0.

Poison wersions is better, but how you will do this?

I'll have to work on the code but it will look like:

REACTION:
REAGENT:A:1:AMMO:ARROW:NONE:NONE]
REAGENT:B:1:DRINK:NONE:INORGANIC:gf_POISON]
PRODUCT:100:1:AMMO:ARROW:INORGANIC:gf_POISON_ARROW]

The INORGANIC:gf_POISON_ARROW material would be similiar to wood/copper, but with a poison contact vascular syndrome attached to it.

Not add altar because goblins have no religion. You can add alchemic laboratory for demon (only demon can work). In alchemic laboratory they will make grimeling like creatures in further version and transform stone into slade in current version.

This is something that we still dont agree on. The goblins have religion just like dwarves. They worship deities of death, murder, war, etc. I also see them worshiping demons with their demon overlord acting as a god-king.

Is there any benefit to making slade? It does look like summoning will be possible in the next version without dfhack, but we will see.

For working slow learners (and pets), without dfhack, you can add to this slow learners a very small natural skills.

Adding different natural skills to the "pets" would be a good way to give them pros/cons for their use. I'll work on that. Thanks.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2019, 10:58:38 am »

In vanilla sapient creatures (except some) have no pet value, this is exploit. Also in older versions some sapient creatures had value modifiers for materials (not just copy, try rebalance as other creatures rebalanced). Sapient creatures, who cannot equips, must have bashful 0:0:0 for preventing bad thoughts without clothes.

Yeah. I make copies of all of the creatures to make my own modifications. In this mod, the trolls have a pet value so they don't only cost 1. I can also add some unique value modifiers to the creature materials. I think this could be an interesting mechanic for the goblins.

Interesting. Thanks. I will either add EQUIPS (if it makes sense) or add bashful 0:0:0.

Poison wersions is better, but how you will do this?

I'll have to work on the code but it will look like:

REACTION:
REAGENT:A:1:AMMO:ARROW:NONE:NONE]
REAGENT:B:1:DRINK:NONE:INORGANIC:gf_POISON]
PRODUCT:100:1:AMMO:ARROW:INORGANIC:gf_POISON_ARROW]

The INORGANIC:gf_POISON_ARROW material would be similiar to wood/copper, but with a poison contact vascular syndrome attached to it.

Not add altar because goblins have no religion. You can add alchemic laboratory for demon (only demon can work). In alchemic laboratory they will make grimeling like creatures in further version and transform stone into slade in current version.

This is something that we still dont agree on. The goblins have religion just like dwarves. They worship deities of death, murder, war, etc. I also see them worshiping demons with their demon overlord acting as a god-king.

Is there any benefit to making slade? It does look like summoning will be possible in the next version without dfhack, but we will see.

For working slow learners (and pets), without dfhack, you can add to this slow learners a very small natural skills.

Adding different natural skills to the "pets" would be a good way to give them pros/cons for their use. I'll work on that. Thanks.
Why you make poisons drinkable?! Poison is better as liquid_misc. You can add milkable to GCS and snakes or add them venom sack from butchering. Or add both. As poison for arrows you also can add corpse poison. Two types of corpse poison. I will translate effects of them soon.

In Villains Update summoning will work without dfhack.

If you make copies of vanilla creatures, why you do this?

No, goblins have no religion and no gods. They understand: demon is demon, not hero or living god. Goblins not worship gods, they think more materialistic.

Transform stone into slade sounds very demonic. Also demon's laboratory can produce corrupting drinks (that transform into "crone", "freak" etc. species).

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2019, 11:00:07 am »

Slade I nice for ballista bolts, rock fall traps, and blunt weapons, as well as the floor for pit traps. Otherwise just for atmosphere.

The poison won't work without the add_splatter plugin. The only way for it to do anything is to make ammo of a material that melts and get a "stuck in body" it, if I remember correctly.

@dermeister: would it be possible to answer without quoting all previous posts? :)

I'm not sure what Goblins have to do with nightcreatures.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 11:01:56 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2019, 02:22:42 pm »

Slade I nice for ballista bolts, rock fall traps, and blunt weapons, as well as the floor for pit traps. Otherwise just for atmosphere.

Oh cool. I'll add some slade reactions then. Would be cool to make a slade tower too.

The poison won't work without the add_splatter plugin. The only way for it to do anything is to make ammo of a material that melts and get a "stuck in body" it, if I remember correctly.

Oh. Maybe I won't do this then lol

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2019, 05:46:46 am »

Why you make poisons drinkable?! Poison is better as liquid_misc. You can add milkable to GCS and snakes or add them venom sack from butchering. Or add both. As poison for arrows you also can add corpse poison. Two types of corpse poison. I will translate effects of them soon.

Also demon's laboratory can produce corrupting drinks (that transform into "crone", "freak" etc. species).

I can add snake and spider venom too, but poisons will still be drinkable. I could actually make a "poison " that transforms creatures into the elemental men (blood, blizzard, mud and grimeling). I will probably do this instead of some other abomination transform.

I make copies of creatures so that I can do whatever I want with them without changing vanilla files to keep this mod compatible with everything else.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2019, 07:54:38 am »

Also demon's laboratory can produce corrupting drinks (that transform into "crone", "freak" etc. species).

I can add snake and spider venom too, but poisons will still be drinkable. I could actually make a "poison " that transforms creatures into the elemental men (blood, blizzard, mud and grimeling). I will probably do this instead of some other abomination transform.

I make copies of creatures so that I can do whatever I want with them without changing vanilla files to keep this mod compatible with everything else.
You not understand. If you make poison (arrow poisons, snake venoms) drinkable, your goblins will drink it and will be poisoned.

For blood and mud men will be better adding secret, that will be learned by all unique demons in world. Because mud men and blood men is weak. So demons will can transform all corpse parts, even sheared troll fur, into blood or mud men.

Whithout changing of vanilla files you will cannot tame wild evil creatures or milk wild giant rats.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2019, 10:19:12 am »

You not understand. If you make poison (arrow poisons, snake venoms) drinkable, your goblins will drink it and will be poisoned.

For blood and mud men will be better adding secret, that will be learned by all unique demons in world. Because mud men and blood men is weak. So demons will can transform all corpse parts, even sheared troll fur, into blood or mud men.

Whithout changing of vanilla files you will cannot tame wild evil creatures or milk wild giant rats.
drinkable poisons have to be micromanaged, but they allow for assassins and targeted poisons/effects. You would have to forbid them after creation and dump them in controlled areas.

Yeah. That is the trade off of not altering vanilla files. I don't think those rare occurrences (finding and milking a giant rat or finding and taming a few evil biome creatures outweighs the compatibility issues). At least for the purposes of this mod.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2019, 07:20:02 pm »

drinkable poisons have to be micromanaged, but they allow for assassins and targeted poisons/effects. You would have to forbid them after creation and dump them in controlled areas.

Yeah. That is the trade off of not altering vanilla files. I don't think those rare occurrences (finding and milking a giant rat or finding and taming a few evil biome creatures outweighs the compatibility issues). At least for the purposes of this mod.
This is very bad way. Make "poison" as liquid misc and "poisoned drink" for micromanagement.

If you will make good or good with issues mod, I manually compare it with other good mods.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2019, 07:43:02 pm »

If you will make good or good with issues mod, I manually compare it with other good mods.

Yeah but I dont like to manually compare everytime I add a mod. I like them to just work together.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2019, 01:41:05 pm »

For drugs I have some suggestions. Goblins have giant toads. You can add them secretions, that also can be milked by goblins and mixed with water into drug drink ("toad draught"). You also can add drug made from golden salve (but this is more elvish, than goblinish). Better will be adding drugs made from creature organs, like adrenochrome from sapient brains. You even can add milkable clowns from my mod and drug milk/cottoncandy.

Grimeling will be better, if you make them non-sapient (but trainable and/or with natural skills), made of plant material and butcherable into algae that can be brewed into drug.

For more goblin drinks you can add non-alcoholic garum (ancient Rome sauce) made from fish. With kumis from milk and drinkable drugs this give to goblins ability to have drinks without plant farming.

For milking of sapients without dfhack you also can use feature from my mod. Add one workshop with reaction that make material that will boil into gas, This gas add syndrome to only milkable sapients. That syndrome temporary remove can_learn and slow_learner.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2019, 01:52:04 pm »

He doesn't want to milk sapient creatures.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2019, 02:28:13 pm »

He doesn't want to milk sapient creatures.
Why you not make sapient milking plugin for me?

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2019, 03:53:47 pm »

Corpse poison exist in two types. Light corpse poison made from creature corpses (bigger corpse - more poison), heavy corpse poison made from remains. Light corpse poison give small nause when eaten, heavy not give effect from eating. But give effects when enters blood. Light corpse poison make swelling around wound, after hours (dwarf hours) all limb swelling with upper or lower body, starts fever and pain in all body parts, after a day start slow brain necrosis and impair function of liver and kidneys. Heavy corpse poison work faster - after a couple of minutes poison make nausea, drowsiness and dizziness, after more minutes - death from paralysis (paralysis heart and lungs).

Interesting? I can translate more poisons. Maybe, not only arrow poisons, but also contact poisons, food poisons and even gas poison.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2019, 04:04:12 pm »

As diluted toad secretions and diluted clown milk, you can make creatures with poisonous blood, that also can be diluted into drink/drug. With effects like numbness and erratic behavior.

Eaten and drinked drugs is not so interesting, like inhaled gas drugs! You can make hookah as workshop. One goblin work in this workshop, other goblins in room breath "smoke".

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2019, 03:59:17 pm »

Are you here and work for new version of mod? Because I have some more suggestions.

Giraffe liver and bone marrow (for DF you can use bones or nervous tissue) can be brewed into drink with effects like ayahuasca.

Cobra venom can be mixed with smoking hemp for stronger effect.

Some DF spiders and worms can be used for drugs, like IRL Myelobia smerintha, Floria species, Phoneutria nigriventer and spanish fly. Spanish fly also useful for contact poison. Also exist drug fish species.

As curses you can add diseases. Like plague. But not try to focus on curses, this is not for DF.

As diseases you also can add nipah virus (from bats), other zoonotic diseases, parasitic worms (not as vermins, only as syndromes). And even, but this may be not in setting, special diseases from Plague Inc - necroa (new, contagious type of zombies), neurax worm (are disease and spread like disease, but also exist vermins who bite your creatures and start this syndrome), Nox Eternis (disease that can rare produce vampires) and disease inspired by simian flue (can transform animals into animal people, for normal sentients is just disease).

For diseases spreading you can make some materials and syndromes that give material emission. Ways of spreading possible to give different forms of disease (lung form, stomac form, skin form, blood form etc).
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6