Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What would you like to see expanded upon in this mod? (read POLL DETAILS at the bottom of the first post)

Diseases
- 9 (17%)
Poisons
- 12 (22.6%)
Drugs
- 10 (18.9%)
Demonic Blessings & Curses
- 18 (34%)
Other (comment suggestion)
- 4 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: [47.04] Goblin Fortress v2.2  (Read 25919 times)

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] Goblin Fortress v2.0
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2019, 05:21:58 pm »

Are you here and work for new version of mod? Because I have some more suggestions.
Yeah, but I normally have multiple mods going at once and only have so muc time, so I can't give a release date for any updates. They get done as my time and interest permits.

As diseases you also can add nipah virus (from bats), other zoonotic diseases, parasitic worms (not as vermins, only as syndromes). And even, but this may be not in setting, special diseases from Plague Inc - necroa (new, contagious type of zombies), neurax worm (are disease and spread like disease, but also exist vermins who bite your creatures and start this syndrome), Nox Eternis (disease that can rare produce vampires) and disease inspired by simian flue (can transform animals into animal people, for normal sentients is just disease).

For diseases spreading you can make some materials and syndromes that give material emission. Ways of spreading possible to give different forms of disease (lung form, stomac form, skin form, blood form etc).
I am still thinking about the drugs. I am not sure I will adding any relaxing type of drugs as I have always seen the goblins as a frantic and violent group. I will probably give them drugs that increase movement, combat ability, reduce the need to eat and sleep, etc. They will have have downsides to them though. I could use some venoms for it.

I do really like the idea of adding more diseases for the goblins. They have always been a disgusting and vile war torn race of brutal savages from my view of them. I will definitely use some of those ideas  and I do like the material emission idea. That would help spread them.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2019, 06:12:08 pm »

Are you here and work for new version of mod? Because I have some more suggestions.
Yeah, but I normally have multiple mods going at once and only have so muc time, so I can't give a release date for any updates. They get done as my time and interest permits.

As diseases you also can add nipah virus (from bats), other zoonotic diseases, parasitic worms (not as vermins, only as syndromes). And even, but this may be not in setting, special diseases from Plague Inc - necroa (new, contagious type of zombies), neurax worm (are disease and spread like disease, but also exist vermins who bite your creatures and start this syndrome), Nox Eternis (disease that can rare produce vampires) and disease inspired by simian flue (can transform animals into animal people, for normal sentients is just disease).

For diseases spreading you can make some materials and syndromes that give material emission. Ways of spreading possible to give different forms of disease (lung form, stomac form, skin form, blood form etc).
I am still thinking about the drugs. I am not sure I will adding any relaxing type of drugs as I have always seen the goblins as a frantic and violent group. I will probably give them drugs that increase movement, combat ability, reduce the need to eat and sleep, etc. They will have have downsides to them though. I could use some venoms for it.

I do really like the idea of adding more diseases for the goblins. They have always been a disgusting and vile war torn race of brutal savages from my view of them. I will definitely use some of those ideas  and I do like the material emission idea. That would help spread them.
Diseases will work not only for goblins. Vanilla goblins even have no fevers. But other races playing will be more fun with diseases (dwarves and humans have soap, but elves are fully in FUN).

Your vision of goblins may be more grotesque than needed. In vanilla goblins have taverns, markets, performers, even rare libraries. They are different, but civ, not a hive of warmachines. So why they cannot have some hallucinogenic drugs? Stimulators is good, but exist not only stimulators.

Also drugs can have effects not only fo war, but combinations of war and non-war(relaxing or disadvantage) effects. Like even hemp, that can be as painkiller and turn stress vulnerability to low, but give immoderation and dizziness. And erratic behavior, that in current version provide more fights.

Venoms can be hallucinogenic, even wasp venom is small psychedelic. But smoking gas in training ground for special effect will work faster. So you can add hookah.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2019, 07:21:23 am »

Also you can add not only kumis, but milk plus. This may be drugs or venoms diluted by milk, not water. Or even "managa", hemp infused milk. If your vision of goblins have only violence, they may have ultra-violence.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] Goblin Fortress v1.0
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2020, 08:00:37 am »

[reserved]
Will you make 47.04 version of this mod?

GOTOTOTOE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2020, 10:23:42 am »

[reserved]
i think thats impossible due to a 47.04 bug that causes other titles in an empire to become defunct in favor if it uses the dark pits structure type. it sucks and i hope its fixed soon

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2020, 12:44:14 pm »

[reserved]
i think thats impossible due to a 47.04 bug that causes other titles in an empire to become defunct in favor if it uses the dark pits structure type. it sucks and i hope its fixed soon
It is possible: expedition leader transform into mayor, so you can add positions with no responsibilities, but who only transform into generated ones. Or you can remove generated positions token from entity and add all positions manually.

GOTOTOTOE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2020, 08:32:46 am »

no, that's not the issue, it's the existence of the demon (which is caused by the dark fortress bulding type) that overrides whether or not you have generated positions

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2020, 09:09:09 am »

no, that's not the issue, it's the existence of the demon (which is caused by the dark fortress bulding type) that overrides whether or not you have generated positions
But you still can create dummy positions.

GOTOTOTOE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2020, 07:46:02 am »

yea and i never denied that, they just dont show up. never said you couldn't physically put them in the raws

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2020, 10:33:00 pm »

yea and i never denied that, they just dont show up. never said you couldn't physically put them in the raws
Expedition leader don't shown up? You will have one if embark.

GOTOTOTOE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2020, 05:49:20 am »

i'm talking about entity positions, not site positions

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2020, 12:56:43 pm »

Why do you think, they not shown up?

GOTOTOTOE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2020, 05:28:43 am »

i assume it's because of the demon

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2020, 07:12:13 am »

i assume it's because of the demon
I mean why do you have this opinion. What if they shown up, but you don't see them?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2020, 04:08:54 pm »

He's probably tested it, like all the other people that have tested it, and learned that they aren't working properly.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6