Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What would you like to see expanded upon in this mod? (read POLL DETAILS at the bottom of the first post)

Diseases
- 9 (17%)
Poisons
- 12 (22.6%)
Drugs
- 10 (18.9%)
Demonic Blessings & Curses
- 18 (34%)
Other (comment suggestion)
- 4 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: [47.04] Goblin Fortress v2.2  (Read 25573 times)

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] Goblin Fortress v2.0
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2020, 08:45:04 am »

What if just make modded goblins live in hillocks? If brolol.404 add new creatures for milkable rats, new goblin entity may have differences too.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] Goblin Fortress v1.0
« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2020, 02:32:21 pm »

This mod has been updated to DF v47.04.

No changes were made from the previous version.

47.04 bug that causes other titles in an empire to become defunct in favor if it uses the dark pits structure type.

I have not experienced any issues with this after testing. The goblin nobility titles seem to work fine. Can you provide more specifics on the error?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: [47.04] Goblin Fortress v2.0
« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2020, 02:42:40 pm »

I'm surprised it hasn't happened for you yet, but normally Dark Fortress civs with extra noble titles crash the game in worldgen. Try generating a medium size+ world or two with a long history and Goblin Fortress, you should see the error soon.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2020, 03:03:00 pm »

I'm surprised it hasn't happened for you yet, but normally Dark Fortress civs with extra noble titles crash the game in worldgen. Try generating a medium size+ world or two with a long history and Goblin Fortress, you should see the error soon.

Ah ok. I just tried a few times on a medium world and finally got a crash. I guess it just is what it is if there is no fix.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2020, 03:14:00 pm »

If you change the goblins to a different settlement type, the crash will stop. They won’t have demon overlords though, so that’s a tradeoff.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2020, 11:10:53 pm »

Yea. I may just change them to CAVE_DETAILED.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 23, 2020, 06:45:25 pm »

Yea. I may just change them to CAVE_DETAILED.
Will you upload changed version of mod?

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 24, 2020, 06:45:24 am »

Will you upload changed version of mod?

I will upload it today :)

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [47.04] Goblin Fortress v2.2
« Reply #68 on: December 24, 2020, 07:50:37 am »

v2.2 released!

I also updated [47.04] Vermin Birds and put a link in the mod description:

I highly recommend downloading [47.04] Fishing Expanded and [47.04] Vermin Birds with this mod. These mods remove wild animals from the wild animal cap that are inaccessible (i.e. swimming and flying) so that bones are easier to obtain.

Spoiler: Changelog v2.1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Changelog v2.2 (click to show/hide)

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 25, 2020, 08:38:49 am »

v2.2 released!

I also updated [47.04] Vermin Birds and put a link in the mod description:

I highly recommend downloading [47.04] Fishing Expanded and [47.04] Vermin Birds with this mod. These mods remove wild animals from the wild animal cap that are inaccessible (i.e. swimming and flying) so that bones are easier to obtain.

Spoiler: Changelog v2.1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Changelog v2.2 (click to show/hide)
I think, demonic blessing and curses needs dfhack, except if you add demonish pets that will do things via interactions. But you can add all other planned things, like diseases, poisons and drugs.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 26, 2020, 06:35:03 am »

I think, demonic blessing and curses needs dfhack, except if you add demonish pets that will do things via interactions. But you can add all other planned things, like diseases, poisons and drugs.

Yeah. If I add blessings and curses it will be through interactions. dfhack will not be added to this mod.

I may be able to add a gas reaction product that infects the worker after 'offering' remains at an altar, but this may not work out. I could also add consumables (that infect on consumption) or even just add really good demonic items (abyssal sword) that are the product of a remains offering.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 26, 2020, 06:56:28 am »

Yeah. If I add blessings and curses it will be through interactions. dfhack will not be added to this mod.

I may be able to add a gas reaction product that infects the worker after 'offering' remains at an altar, but this may not work out. I could also add consumables (that infect on consumption) or even just add really good demonic items (abyssal sword) that are the product of a remains offering.

I actually might add an altar that after bringing it 20 remains has a chance to give you ore:

100% 5 chalk (flux)
80% 5 copper
60% 5 zinc
40% 5 silver
30% 5 tin
25% 5 gold
15% 5 iron
10% 5 platinum
5% 5 adamantine

This would further encourage the player to focus on killing

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 26, 2020, 01:10:25 pm »

Just a suggestion based on something i'd planned to do to this modification at some point for my own satisfaction; would you consider upgrading the slave types to make them more distinct and narrative-friendly as to not get confused with other standard races?

Sort of like Elfkin Slave - "A distorted descendant of a protector of nature, indentured for so long they have become a silhouette of their former selves." etc
  • Slaves greeting people with sobbing/wailing interactions or something to that effect, nothing more than a cat-headbutt like greeting interaction, and spit in contempt.
  • Slightly distorted physiology (three fingers on the hand, extra ears), like a slight shade of hued green skin, some red or yellow eyes etc, mediocre stats.

These kind of changes would make elements of this mod much easier to port without feeling too much like a full package required conversion.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 26, 2020, 03:09:22 pm »

Just a suggestion based on something i'd planned to do to this modification at some point for my own satisfaction; would you consider upgrading the slave types to make them more distinct and narrative-friendly as to not get confused with other standard races?

Sort of like Elfkin Slave - "A distorted descendant of a protector of nature, indentured for so long they have become a silhouette of their former selves." etc
  • Slaves greeting people with sobbing/wailing interactions or something to that effect, nothing more than a cat-headbutt like greeting interaction, and spit in contempt.
  • Slightly distorted physiology (three fingers on the hand, extra ears), like a slight shade of hued green skin, some red or yellow eyes etc, mediocre stats.

These kind of changes would make elements of this mod much easier to port without feeling too much like a full package required conversion.

I really like this idea. I will work on doing this. thanks!

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 28, 2020, 11:41:57 am »

I remembered some work that was done with rekov's elves and tinkered a bit until i got something that maybe works a little better for what i had in mind when using the corpse still.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sacrificial blood is a trick that they picked up from Mephs masterwork-mod that im using here, which creates a generic reagent indiscernable from any kind of blood (a sort of O- of a kind) being sourced from a fake creature which in turn with this should open up a lot more doors as to what exactly is going to be done with it. Im still working on the details but i've engineered the fermented corpse drink to be a alternative end-product by mixing blood with regular alcohols (or a intermediary ingredient, i've not made my mind up) to be a lot more mild on the negative inebriation effects once i get around to learning more about interaction code to tone down the numbers.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6