Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dear dwarves, why are you not wearing the armor that is clearly available  (Read 869 times)

ibanix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A bunch of my dwarves don't wear armor that is available to them.

Uniform is set to the squad. Replace armor, partial matches. Checked and confirmed the free pieces of armor are not forbidden, not involved in a task, and are not owned. So....? How do I get my guys to actually *pick this stuff up*?

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile

Try to order the squad to 'm'ove to a location, or set up a barracks for them to 't'rain at. I don't know which it is, but there is a 'first time' trigger of some sort that tells dwarfs to switch from their civilian uniform to their military uniform and once they do, they will start wearing it and keep upgrading it. Also, make sure that none of these dwarfs have mining/woodcutting/hunting enabled, since those 'work uniforms' can conflict with the 'military uniforms'.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

TheEqualsE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did they lose it in a bin somewhere? As in, it's there in a bin but they're just refusing to use it?
Likes cats for their aloofness.