Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: Silver Age Superhero RTD  (Read 15708 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Silver Age Superhero RTD
« Reply #105 on: August 11, 2019, 07:29:20 am »

Keep looking at my DNA trying to figure out whats changed.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 11, 2019, 07:44:10 am »

”it didn’t take long to work, what are you calculating, Jedediah?”

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 11, 2019, 09:20:05 am »

Octavian’s smile takes on a moderately strained expression as he stands there, not quite processing what the man has said. It slowly fades away to a neutral position.
I believe I’ll need to find a library.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 10:13:04 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 11, 2019, 03:41:49 pm »

”I’m not leaving the building until you bring it here and show it to me.If you want to come in, be my guest, but I want to be able to see the evidence before I enter custody. I have plenty of reason to believe that your warrant has falsified evidence.”
Ethan would not cooperate so readily when they weren’t even willing to show the warrant to him directly. he had a right to see the evidence under due process, and he was intent on doing so.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 11, 2019, 10:06:30 pm »

"Me Thrak...Man of Stone."

[A panel of Thrak turning to look out a window, and staring in disbelief at the modern city buzzing outside.]

"Me think me need to know what happen while me was in ice."
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 01:55:59 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 12, 2019, 01:46:58 pm »

Peter wakes up in a high-security containment cell, strapped down, complex monitoring equipment attached to him at various points.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 14, 2019, 07:18:51 pm »

Look and see is I see any civilization. If I do, go there, if not, try west.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 14, 2019, 07:46:17 pm »

can new players still join?

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 15, 2019, 12:39:08 am »

Nope, sorry. We've hit player cap at the moment. You can make a charsheet if you want and I'll slot you into spot 2 on the waitlist.

(Also: post already, failbird)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 15, 2019, 09:33:51 am »

Slot me into that waitlist then
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 15, 2019, 09:35:20 am »

"Just one, do I get to choose the costume?
(Whoops! Sorry about that, I've been doing a lot of modding recently, I got the ping yesterday but completely forgot about it when the ceiling started leaking)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 16, 2019, 05:41:10 am »

(we almost have a six man team of “the” titled superheroes. neat.)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 16, 2019, 09:31:39 pm »

Anathema:

Page: A panel showing Orion sitting down at a desk. A panel showing Orion placing the photos of the pyramid to one side of a laptop and the snake statue to another. A panel showing Orion flipping open a laptop. (Graphic Art (Knowledge) check: 1+0 = 0, 2+0 = 0) Several panels showing an image go from a blank screen, to a half-finished doodle of a snake, to a pixelated, palette-swapped doodle of what might charitably be called a snake. A panel showing Orion stare at his laptop in shock. Orion: (Why is that even a menu option?)

Makes you want to reach for the “undo” button, doesn’t it?

The Stranger:

Page: A panel showing Victor handing the man with a goatee the doctor’s note. Victor: “Yeah, and there is nothing wrong with me either.” A panel showing the man with a goatee place the doctor’s note on top of the other papers. Goatee Man: “Well, everything seems to be in order.” A panel showing the man with a goatee move Victor’s hiring paperwork from earlier that day to the center of the counter. Goatee Man: “So just sign here and you’ll officially be an employee here at Gee-Pee-Ess.”

Dot the line?

Dr. Mutagen:

Page: A panel showing Burt drawing another blood sample from himself. A panel showing Burt tinker with the DNA analysis equipment. A panel showing Burt look at a display screen. (Genetics check: 4+1(equipment) = 5) Burt: “The junk DNA in my body… almost half of it’s changed into something orderly, structured, something beyond just something like minor changes to the shape of my organs. Judging by the effect of skin contact with the… rabbit… hamster… whatever I refer to it as, the junk DNA seems to have given me some sort of mutagenic quality. Oddly enough, I am unaffected.”

Could it be possible to control this power?

The Lifebringer:

Page: A panel showing Dora look at Jebediah. Dora: “It didn’t take long to work, what are you calculating, Jebediah?” (Wits check: 3+0 = 3) A panel showing Jebediah look at Dora wearily. Jebediah: “Ah, young ‘uns like you wouldn’t understand. Wouldn’t understand what it was like in the war. I still remember what we fought for, and what we fought against.

Inquire further?

Traveler:

Page: A panel showing Octavian’s smile become strained. A panel showing Octavian’s expression fade away to neutral as the farmer looks on in confusion. Octavian: “I believe I’ll need to find a library.” (Wits check: 5+0 = 5) A panel showing the farmer look at Octavian, pointing in the direction opposite that of the rising sun. Farmer: “Well, there’s Carbondale, a mile or so that way, but are you sure you don’t want to have a few questions answered before you set out? Some things are too obvious to be found in books.”

Any questions?

The Negotiator:

Page: A panel showing Ethan look at the officers. Ethan: “I’m not leaving the building until you bring it here and show it to me. If you want to come in, be my guest, but I want to be able to see the evidence before I enter custody. I have plenty of reason to believe that your warrant has falsified evidence.” (Wits check: 5-1(prior behavior) = 4) A panel showing the officers look at each other and shrug. A panel showing one of the officers head back to the squad car. A panel showing the remaining officer look at Ethan. Remaining Officer: “You know that the actual evidence is at the police station, right? The judge didn’t exactly plan on holding the trial in the accused’s house.” A panel showing the officer come back with a piece of paper in his hands. A zoomed-in panel showing the arrest warrant. It’s signed by Judge Sarah Shouse, ordering the arrest of Ethan Summers for violation of Health and Safety Code 11351, specifically the possession of cocaine for selling it. Other Officer: “Yeah, these don’t get too specific.”

What now?

The Man of Stone:

Page: A panel showing Thrak look at the two museum workers. Thrak: “Me Thrak… Man of Stone.” A panel showing Thrak look out a window, staring out at the city in disbelief. Thrak: “Me think me need to know what happened while me was in ice.” A panel showing one of the museum workers smile proudly. Museum Worker: “Humanity tamed earth. Humanity tamed water. Humanity tamed air. Humanity tamed fire. Not quite in that order, though, and that’s only-” A panel showing the other museum worker glare at the first museum worker, silencing him. Other Museum Worker: “You can extoll the virtues of capitalism later. Right now, we need to find out what’s happened to the saber-tooth tiger. And considering that the heat pumps for the mammoth and the - Thrak - have failed, I’m guessing that it’s either roaming the building or in the process of breaking down the door to it’s room.”

What Thrak say?

Contingent:

Page: A panel showing Peter’s head, eyes closed, with several electrodes attached to his scalp. A panel showing Peter inside a metal room with a full-length mirror on one wall. Peter is strapped to the bed. There are several assorted scientific devices near or attached to Peter. A panel showing Peter’s eyes open. (Precision (Magnitude) check: 4+0 = 4, 4+0 = 4) Peter: (My head… feels like I’ve got a whole library’s worth of torn-up blueprints in there, ready to be put back together.) A panel showing a speaker in one of the corners of the room. Speaker: “You’re awake. Do you feel any different?”

You likely do, but how so?

Ringer:

Page: A panel showing the amnesiac man look around. (Wits check: 4+0 = 4) A panel showing a road in the distance. Several panels showing the amnesiac man walking along the road. (Resilience check: 3+0 = 3) (Resilience check: 3+0 = 3) (Resilience check: 4-1(tired) = 3) A panel showing a moderately-sized town on the horizon. A panel showing the amnesiac man a few hundred feet away from the outskirts.

What will the amnesiac man do when he gets there?

Cuddle Team Leader:

Page: A panel showing Sofia looking at the man in a lab coat. Sofia: “Just one, do I get to choose the costume?” A panel showing the man in a lab coat looking strangely at Sofia. Lab Coat Man: “Well, you’d probably be able to negotiate it, at the very least.” A panel showing Sofia and the man in a lab coat walking through a door. A panel showing a conference table with several people sitting around it. A panel showing the man in a lab coat walking away. Lab Coat Man: “Well, I believe I’ll take my leave.”

How does Sofia introduce herself?
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 16, 2019, 09:38:08 pm »

(I'll post tomorrow, real late right now)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 16, 2019, 09:55:48 pm »

*sigh*
Yes, whatever information you could provide would be appreciated. I'm afraid I'm uncertain as to where to start.
I... was Roman, living in Germania, if that helps you know what to explain.

(I noticed my color was wrong. Mistyped it. :p )
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 10:27:03 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12