Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Silver Age Superhero RTD  (Read 15674 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Silver Age Superhero RTD
« Reply #120 on: August 16, 2019, 10:23:58 pm »

”What war were you in?”

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 16, 2019, 10:42:07 pm »

Orion checks when the field visit is over with, then finishing up his anthropology report on a weird locale of the place before dozing off into a hotel room with the snake totem in hand.
“Yeesh, maybe I need to relook my skills in this practice before trying that again. Whelp time to finish that ten page report on this place and clear my head with some good ol’ fashioned sleep.”

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 17, 2019, 04:45:47 am »

He had to run some tests to find out how much control he has over these new found powers, first he had to find out if he could actually chose what the creature would become, then find out if he had any control over what it did like could he give it orders and such, then finally see if he could handle animals with out changing them.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 17, 2019, 09:04:23 am »

“I know that, but you have to understand that i’m quite suspicious of this whole situation, given that this is the second time today that something involving drugs has been dumped on me, even though i have been clean my entire life.”
Ethan, now having two leads to follow on the framing, would go into custody willingly so as to talk to the judge and examine the evidence.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 02:00:06 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 17, 2019, 09:50:01 am »

"Um, hi? I heard I was here about probably having superpowers now?" Sofia said nervously.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 17, 2019, 01:31:06 pm »

"Yes, but not physically... it's like there's these schematics, these blueprints, buzzing around in my head, waiting for me to call them..."
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 17, 2019, 05:44:02 pm »

Victor dots the line
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 17, 2019, 10:06:00 pm »

"I take care of this."

Track down the sabertooth with my caveman skills, and then subdue it.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 18, 2019, 06:07:01 am »

Find an insane asylum and check in.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 22, 2019, 01:00:12 am »

Traveler:

Page: A panel showing Octavian look at the farmer. Octavian: “Yes, whatever information you could provide would be appreciated. I was Roman, living in Germania, if that helps you know what to explain.” [color](Farmer’s Knowledge check: 2+1(easy) = 3)[/color] A panel showing the farmer scratch his chin in thought. Farmer: “Let’s see here. So, Rome was built about 700 years… what do they call it these days, Before Common Era? What does that even mean, Common Era?” A panel showing the farmer blink back to awareness. Farmer: “As I was saying, about six and a half centuries later Julius Caesar took over, and then got assassinated... I forget when. That turned the Roman Republic into the Roman Empire. Four hundred years and maybe a dozen, two dozen emperors later, the Western Roman Empire got destroyed by an alliance of barbarians or something.” A panel of the farmer snapping his fingers. Farmer: “Oh, right! Sometime between Augustus’s rule and then, the Roman Empire split in half. Western, ruled from Rome, and Eastern, ruled from… some place in… you’d call it Asia Minor? And then… I think a thousand years after that, the Eastern Roman Empire turned into the Ottoman Empire. The Ottoman Empire lasted five centuries before its colonies were taken away at the end of the Great War, which was about seventy years ago. It’s called Turkey now. At least, I think that’s how it went.”

A lot to take in?

The Lifebringer:

Page: A panel of Dora looking at Jebediah. Dora: “What war were you in, Jebediah?” A panel of Jebeiah looking wearily off into the distance. Jebediah: “Only World War Two. But if I wanted to sound impressive, I’d also say the Seventh Occult War and the Zeroth Anomalous War, seeing as how they didn’t refer to separate fronts.”

No, that shouldn’t be surprising.

Anathema:

Page: A panel of Orion sitting at the desk, typing away at his laptop. In the background, a calendar is shown, with the first day of the month crossed out and the last day circled. (Anthropology (Wits) check: 1+0 = 1, 3+0 = 3) A zoomed-in panel showing the laptop’s screen. A text file begins “This essay is an anthropological report on the newly discovered pyramid in Egypt. Anthropology is the practice of digging up buried cities of ancient civilizations in hopes of learning what their culture was like.” and is then cut off by a page showing an excerpt from the Illiad.

How on earth did you get into anthropology classes in the first place?

Dr. Mutagen:

Page: A panel showing Burt touch the hamster. Burt: (Okay, let’s see if I can turn this thing back into a rabbit.) (Magnitude (Precision) check: 6+0 = 6, 5+0 = 5) Several panels showing the hamster turn back into a rabbit. A panel showing Burt look at the rabbit. Burt: “Now what, uh… roll over!” A zoomed-in panel showing the rabbit. A panel showing Burt touch the rabbit. (Magnitude (Precision) check: 6+0 = 6, 3+0 = 3) A panel showing Burt look at the rabbit, determined. Burt: “Let’s try this again. Roll over.” Several zoomed-in panels showing the rabbit first do nothing, then flop on its belly, then roll over. A panel showing Burt touch the rabbit on its belly. Burt: (Let’s see if I can avoid mutating anything I touch.) A panel showing the rabbit roll away from Burt.

What now?

The Negotiator:

Page: Several panels showing Ethan as his hands are cuffed in front of him and he is led into the back of a police car. Several panels showing the police car driving. Several panels showing Ethan being led out of the police car and through a police station. A panel showing Ethan pressing his thumb onto a piece of paper. A panel showing Ethan standing in front of a height chart as a man in a blue shirt photographs him. A panel showing an officer uncuffing Ethan inside a one-person holding cell as a pair of officers stand guard in the hallway. A panel showing the officer lock the door to the holding cell from the outside.

Does Ethan want to do anything while waiting for his arraignment?

Cuddle Team Leader:

Page: A panel showing Sofia look at the man in a suit at the head of the table. Sofia: “Um, hi? I heard I was here about probably having superpowers now?” Suit Man: “Yes, that sounds about right. Wait, probably?” A panel showing a man in a lab coat look at the man in a suit. Other Lab Coat Man: “I don’t think Mark took her to power testing. Probably just wanted to get back to work.” Suit Man: “...you’re probably right, Nick. Okay then, let’s move this meeting to the power testing areas.” Several panels showing the group walking through hallways. A panel showing Sofia standing in the center of a large room with various objects scattered about on tables. The group is visible in the background. Nick: “Okay, let’s start with the basic process. Focus on your instinctive awareness of your body. Has anything changed?” (Wits check: 3+0 = 3) Sofia: “I feel… some sort of better-ness. Inside me.” A panel showing Nick look thoughtfully at Sofia. Nick: “Okay, pick up that sword over there. Try slicing that practice dummy with it.” A panel showing Sofia touching a plain, unadorned sword. (Precision (Magnitude) check: 6+0 = 6, 4+0 = 4) A panel showing pink electricity crackle across the sword. A panel showing the sword, now longer and much more stylized. A panel showing Sofia shrug, and lift the sword up, prepared to swing it down. (Swordsmanship (Physique) check: 1+1(enhancement) = 2, 3+2(enhancement) = 5) A panel showing the sword cut deep into the practice dummy, with a chiming sound as it cuts through the metal “skeleton”.

What does Sofia try next?

Contingent:

Page: A panel showing Peter gazing off. Peter: “Yes, but not physically… it’s like there’s these schematics, these blueprints, buzzing around in my head, waiting for me to call them…” A panel showing the speaker. Speaker: “Do they have anything in common? What’s the first one that comes to mind? Do you have any control over the ideas?”

How will Peter try and figure those questions out?

The Stranger:

Page: A panel showing Victor signing his name on the employment contract. A panel showing the man with a goatee look at Victor. Goatee Man: “So, allow me to give you a basic rundown on what Genescent Postproduction Services does. It’s all there in the name: After footage has been shot, the owners, usually amateurs who don’t have an in-house team, take it to us and we smooth out the lighting, make little tweaks to emphasize the mood and colors, add in subtitles, things like that.” A panel showing the man with a goatee look off to the side. “Our main customer is some mathematician who teaches a course about higher-dimensional fractals, something like that, and every week or so he wants a new batch of footage edited to serve as a background for his slideshow. He’s got all sorts of other requests, though, so I’ll handle most of that work while you ease in.” A panel showing the man with a goatee look back at Victor, smiling brightly and handing Victor a colored piece of paper. Goatee Man: “But allow me to introduce myself. I’m Bill Atherton. Oh, and here’s your signing bonus. Your shift doesn’t start until tomorrow.”

What does Victor do with the check?

The Man of Stone:

Page: A panel showing Thrak look at the museum workers. Thrak: “I handle this.” A panel showing Thrak walking off as the museum workers look at each other in the background. (Survival (Wits) check: 5+0 = 5, 2+0 = 2) Several panels showing Thrak searching through the hallways lined with doors. Thrak: (I smell sabertooth. It come near here.) Thrak: (I smell sabertooth twice. It double back?) (Wits check: 2+1(experience) = 3) Thrak: (Sabertooth nearby. ...ambush!) A panel showing the sabertooth leap across the carpeted floor of this section of the museum, straight for Thrak. (Physique contest: 5+1(surprise) = 6 vs 6+0 = 6) A panel showing Thrak dodge out of the way just in time. A panel showing Thrak look at the sabertooth, determination in his eyes. (Physique contest: 5+0 = 5 vs 5+0 = 5) A panel showing them pace around in a circle, warily eyeing each other. (Physique contest: 5+0 = 5 vs 4+0 = 4) A panel showing the sabertooth’s claws snag in the carpet as Thrak swings his club. (Precision check: 4+0 = 4) A panel showing the club hit the sabertooth’s head with a whumping noise as its eyes cross. A panel showing Thrak look at the sabertooth as it emits a tiny growl. Thrak: (Sabertooth subdued. That good.)

What Thrak do now?

Ringer:

Page: A panel showing the amnesiac man walking into town. (Wits check: 4+0 = 4) A panel showing a sign by the side of the road reading “Burton County Asylum: 2 miles north”. (Resilience check: 3+0 = 3) Several panels showing the amnesiac man proceeding through town, garnering nothing more than a few stares. (Resilience check: 2+0 = 2) A panel showing the amnesiac man a few hundred feet away from the other side of the town, looking tired. (Resilience check: 2-1(exhaustion) = 1) A panel showing the amnesiac man collapsing on the ground, exhausted from the sun beating down upon him.

Will the amnesiac man attempt to continue, or turn back?
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 22, 2019, 01:20:19 am »

Orion closes the laptop and grabs the snake totem, and goes to his hotel bed and snuggles with the serpentine thing and falls to a deep sleep.
“My skills on essay writing are not to be underestimated just the lack of sleep is what is getting to me, need some rapid eye movement to help the thinking process.”

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 22, 2019, 02:14:13 am »

"thanks bill, i'll see ya tomorrow then."
victor goes to the nearest bank to get the amount from the check in cash
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 22, 2019, 03:57:48 am »

start making arrangements to have my co-workers from my most recent job as well as from the volunteer fire department come to testify, given that the main charge they have against me is for selling drugs. The big flaw in that is I rarely stop working, with the exception of sleeping.
I even do volunteer runs after my shift is done, and more than once have I slept over at the fire department after a particularly long day.It would be physically impossible for me to have time to FIND drugs to sell, let alone someone to sell them to.
That’s just one angle of the accusation that can be easily deconstructed and proven false. Two more are where the money i supposedly made from selling drugs went and the unusual drug test, which all point to this being a framing possibly to evict me from my home by preventing me from making payments to it (as if I wasn’t struggling to do that as it was.)
 I’ll discuss all of that with my attorney and try to sell off my house, given there’s no way i’ll be able to afford another payment on it with all this nonsense going on.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 08:26:02 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 22, 2019, 06:32:17 am »

He would again try to touch the rabbit to see if he could do so without mutating it, then after that he would try to make it able to walk on two legs and give the ability to speak English, then try to talk to it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 22, 2019, 08:20:05 am »

Dora tells Jebediah as much as she can about WW2 to get him caught up to the present
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12