Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: Silver Age Superhero RTD  (Read 15606 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Silver Age Superhero RTD
« Reply #135 on: August 22, 2019, 05:31:14 pm »

That... that wasn’t quite what I meant, I knew the first half already, I meant... *sigh* Just, if you could help me get to a library, that would be greatly appreciated.

(Octavian had been looking for more general information, so we’re clear.)

(And if it’s important, I’m pretty sure he’s still wearing Roman clothing with a set of leather armor over it.)
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 23, 2019, 07:35:50 am »

She tries it on her shoes, a pair of, admittedly worn out, sneakers. Made for running.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 23, 2019, 02:57:59 pm »

Thrak will tame the sabertooth.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 25, 2019, 04:51:46 pm »

I think if I don't have the energy to walk there, I don't have the energy to walk back.

Pass out.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 27, 2019, 08:27:04 pm »

"Right... scientific method. Gather data."

"They don't seem to have much in common... but most of them are man-portable devices. Meant to be carryable and usable by a single human being."

"I can't control them at all... it feels like at any moment one could just..."

Peter's eyes light up, seeming as though an idea's sparked to life.

"Fire suppressant grenade."
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 29, 2019, 02:20:41 pm »

*poke*

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 29, 2019, 11:56:27 pm »

Anathema:

Page: A panel showing Orion closing the laptop. A panel showing Orion pick up the snake statue. A panel showing Orion sit down in bed, holding the snake statue close to him. Orion: (The lack of sleep must be getting to me, I need some rapid eye movement to help the thinking process.) A panel showing Orion asleep in bed, still holding the snake statue.

Next day, or timeskip?

The Stranger:

Page: A panel showing Victor exiting the shop, waving goodbye to Bill. Victor: “Thanks Bill, I’ll see ya tomorrow then.” Several panels showing Victor through the city. A panel showing Victor walk into a bank. A panel showing Victor waiting in line. A panel showing Victor giving a bank teller the check. Victor: “Can I get that in cash, please?” A panel showing the bank teller look over the check. Bank Teller: “Let’s see… “Pay to bearer”... everything seems to be in order.” A panel showing the bank teller give Victor a small pile of notes and coins, about a few hundred dollars in total. A panel showing Victor head outside the bank, a smile on his face.

What does Victor do now?

The Negotiator:

Page: A page without speech bubbles. The panels are tilted diagonally, causing a montage-like effect. A panel showing Ethan sticking his head through the bars of the cell. An officer is turning his head in Ethan’s direction. A panel showing Ethan sitting at a table across from a concerned man in a suit. Several panels showing the man in a suit talking with Ethan’s coworkers from Bullseye. Several panels showing the man in a suit talking with firefighters in a fire station. Several panels showing the man in a suit talking with a woman in a suit in an office.
Page: A splash panel showing a judge looking at Ethan in a courtroom. The man in a suit is sitting next to Ethan. Judge: “Ethan Summers, you are accused of violating Health and Safety Code 11351 by participation in an illegal transaction involving cocaine in your house on the night of 25th February, 1985. How do you plead?”

How do you plead?

Dr. Mutagen:

Page: A panel showing Burt touch the rabbit again. A panel showing the rabbit roll away again. A panel showing Burt touch the rabbit. (Precision (Magnitude) check: 5+0 = 5, 6+0 = 6) Several panels showing the rabbit transform into a biped. A panel showing Burt looking at the rabbit. Burt: “...hello?” A panel showing the rabbit staring blankly at Burt. A panel showing the rabbit staring blankly at Burt. Rabbit: “Hello.”

What does Burt do next?

The Lifebringer:

Page: A panel showing Dora looking at Jebediah. Dora: “So, World War Two ended with-” (Wits check: 2-1(hard)+1(gratitude) = 2) A panel showing Jebediah looking at Dora, annoyed. Jebediah: “Now just you hang on one second, missy! I’ve forgotten more about how the Zeroth Anomalous War ended than you’ve ever learned! I was there when they dropped the Bomb on the Owl’s Nest, I don’t need to hear some history lesson! I’ll catch up on current events on my own time.” A panel showing Jebediah looking at Dora, sheepishly. Jebediah: “Speaking of which, where’s the nearest library?”

What does Dora say?

Traveler:

Page: A panel showing Octavian look at the farmer. Octavian: “That… that wasn’t quite what I meant, I knew the first half already, I meant… Just, if you could help me get to a library, that would be appreciated.” (Wits check: 4+0 = 4) A panel showing the farmer shrug. Farmer: “Alright then, like I said, Carbondale. This way.” Several panels showing Octavian and the farmer walking along the side of a road. (Resilience check: 4+1(easy) = 5) A panel showing a sign reading “Welcome to Carbondale” in the foreground, with a small town in the background. Several panels showing Octavian and the farmer walking through town. A panel showing a building with a sign over the entrance reading “Carbondale Public Library”. The heads of Octavian and the farmer are visible. Farmer: “Well, there you go.”

What kind of books does Octavian look for?

Cuddle Team Leader:

Page: A panel showing Sofia look down at her shoes. (Precision (Magnitude) check: 3+0 = 3, 6+0 = 6) A panel showing pink electricity crackle across the sneakers. A panel showing the shoes, now white running boots with a pink thunderbolt logo on the sides. A panel showing Sofia look at her shoes, impressed. Sofia: (These look… fast.)

Anything else?

The Man of Stone:

Page: A panel showing Thrak sitting next to the sabertooth. (Survival (Wits) check: 5-2(hard) = 3, 3+0 = 3) A panel showing the sabertooth looking at Thrak and growling softly. [color](Wits check: 3+0 = 3)[/color] A panel showing Thrak glance up, looking down the hallway. Thrak: (Me see shadow… then me not see shadow.)

What now?

Ringer:

Page: A panel showing the amnesiac man falling on his face. A panel showing the amnesiac man motionless. [Before he could succumb to heatstroke, he was seen by one of the townsfolk and taken to the doctor’s building.] A panel showing the amnesiac man lying on a bed in a room with plaster walls. A panel showing the amnesiac man sit up, clutching his head. Amnesiac Man: “Ohhh…” A panel showing a doctor enter the room carrying a cup. Doctor: “Drink some water, it’ll help your body cool down.”

What does the amnesiac man say to the doctor?

Contingent:

Page: Several panels showing Peter holding his chin in thought. Peter: “Right... scientific method. Gather data.” Peter: “They don’t seem to have much in common… but most of them are man-portable devices. Meant to be carryable and usable by a single human being.” Peter: “I can’t control them at all… it feels like at any moment one could just…“ A panel showing insight in Peter’s eyes. Peter: “Fire suppressant grenade.” A panel showing the speaker in the corner of the room. Speaker: “That seems like an oddly niche item. But regardless, try and see if you can assemble it.” Several panels showing the straps open and retract back into the bed, the scientific equipment detach itself, and a full wall of the room retract down into the floor, revealing a laboratory behind it.

What does Peter do?
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 30, 2019, 12:14:37 am »

Thank you, quite greatly.
Octavian will seek out history books primarily, but other nonfiction reference books would also be useful.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 30, 2019, 12:44:42 am »

This is becoming really boring
Timeskip with the assumption of the attunement process taking place.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 30, 2019, 03:14:59 am »

“I plead Not guilty.”
Proceed with the case. my routine on mondays easily contradicts the accusation, so all my preparations will definitely support my innocence.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 30, 2019, 04:22:55 am »

go get something to eat hopefully i don't get mugged
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 30, 2019, 05:51:06 am »

He spends several minutes finding out if the rabbit knows any words on its own or if it only can repeat what is said to it, then he will find out if it actually knows what the word its saying mean, then he will try to get the rabbit to take an IQ test and see what the results are.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 30, 2019, 06:00:49 am »

Well, obviously she has to actually test the new shoes. Though if she has the chance, she's also going to test if she can use this power on herself, or at least, parts of herself.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 30, 2019, 08:36:38 am »

”Sorry. Yes, there is a library in the town nearby. Carbondale. We can head there now”
get to the Carbondale Public Library with Jebediah

Outsider

• Bay Watcher
  • SOMEONE HELP ME WITH AVATARS ON THIS BLOODY SITE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 30, 2019, 05:40:56 pm »

Would like to join if possible.
Isekai: A suggestion game. High Fantasy, Action, Adventure.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12